❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby winged-backpack » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:35 am

@DeMaizu
I'd totally love to see that! As for your other projects, I personally make it a rule to never have more than 3 things going at once, but if you think you could balance it you should totally start it!

Have you started any of your stories because of a scene that popped into your head, a character that popped into your head, or because something happened to you and you thought it would be fun to write down as a bigger adventure?
When I was first conceptualising 10,000 Doors, one specific scene came to mind and it's a very late door so I can't say anything without giving out a minor-ish spoiler...plus it's not exactly CS friendly, so ^^'
As for my older project that I've set aside, that was inspired by me English teacher when we were first starting out our A Level course and we were having a discussion in class about the misuse of science, and I brought up that baby that was born out of three parents, and we started talking about the ethics of that. The my teacher, he goes on about how in the future we might go to the "Office of Reproduction" to design our own babies and that one little, joking comment made me think about how that would work and it spiralled and I just ran with it.
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow; » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:13 am

Klain wrote:Do you guys actually write in English or your mother language (if it isn't English)? Just curiuos, because I really want to share my work /part of my works with you to get opinions and all but yea, I don't write in English so I can't really show it here + I'm a little to lazy and scared to try to translate it.

I'm a native English speaker, so I write in English. I'm learning Chinese, though, so in a couple of years I'll probably start reading and writing in both languages (though still majorly English).

When you start writing a new thing, as a first draft, do you focus on your grammar straight away? Or do you write it out, then go back and edit the grammar?
I always focus on my grammar from the start, especially because I don't do a whole lot of editing (I'm an awful writer, I know) and I hate any bad grammar or bad spelling. My grammar isn't perfect, obviously, but if I can see there's something wrong I'll fix it.

FuryBotWimzie wrote:Hi, guys! Pretty darn new to this thread. Mostly just marking right now. I've been writing lately with two stories in mind, primarily. One's a fanfiction and the other's an original work, both multichapter.

I hope I can contribute to the conversation a little. :D

Welcome to the thread!

Have you started any of your stories because of a scene that popped into your head, a character that popped into your head, or because something happened to you and you thought it would be fun to write down as a bigger adventure?
Yep, all the time. Most (if not all) of my stories start of with a character, a species, a scene, or even just one line.

@DeMaizu - Kinda off topic, but I just noticed your avatar. Do you read Paranatural?

And to everyone else:
Code: Select all
[b]Do you read any online or hard copy comics? Have you ever written a comic and posted it online?[/b]

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
link goes here | link goes here
link goes here | link goes here
signature credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FuryBotWimzie » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:09 am

@ufos
@DeMaizu
@sparrow;

Thank you so much for the welcomes, guys! c:

As for this killer question...

MAN, do I feel this! Yes, yes, 100%. I mean, even just being exposed to a setting you don't see every day. But I've also grown very attached to characters I spontaneously make up and have only known for a few hours, so much so that I want to give them their own world.
Alternatively, if I don't want to consider an all new story, or just can't see the concept standing on its own, I try to think of ways that my new ideas/characters can fit into an already existing story of mine, which is how I've come up with many elements I can't picture my works without now. Sometimes this process freshens things up.
    Hi! I'm Wimzie, and I'm a female adult player
    from the Midwest! I love cartoons/animated films,
    pro wrestling, and video games, to cover it all broadly.

FuryBotWimzie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ufos » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:16 am

honestly, i'm not sure i can think of any other reason to start a story other than those things?? so, yes, definitely!
    translate your love into action
    mac or joel he/him adult

great cs artist @pyjamac
ufos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:23 am

I've certainly done stories because of the first two, as for the third one, I have drawn from rl circumstances as inspiration, but not really kept it true because I change it all up to put into my fantasy world

Do you read any online or hard copy comics? Have you ever written a comic and posted it online?
I've read a few strips online, but none with an overarching storyline. And I'm not a good enough artist to draw one. But maybe one day....

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:25 am

FuryBotWimzie wrote:Hi, guys! Pretty darn new to this thread. Mostly just marking right now. I've been writing lately with two stories in mind, primarily. One's a fanfiction and the other's an original work, both multichapter.

I hope I can contribute to the conversation a little. :D
Kia Oraaaaa :D Watch out for carrots! c:

Of course! What else inspires writing? What else is writing for? :D

DeMaizu wrote:So, I was futzing around with a dress up game and came up with a bunch of demons and one human, and some dialogue popped into my head. 1. would you like to see it, and 2. do you guys think I should start writing this or wait until I have other projects finished?
Yes to the first and you-do-you to the second :D

Stitch Kitty wrote:Sorry if I'm bothering anyone, but...
So I have a story and would like 2 things; feedback and title ideas.
Any and all ideas appreciated!
http://www.worthyofpublishing.com/book. ... k_ID=35139
Either PM me the feedback, or put it on the site. Up to you. 🙏
I'll get back to you soon C:

Do you read any online or hard copy comics? Have you ever written a comic and posted it online?
I do! I read Wilde Life and The Property of Hate online, and Tintin and Asterix irl (and occasionally Lucky Luke when I can find it) :D As for the second I've pencil-scribbled a few panels, and I had an idea for Valentine's Day, but no, not really XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:54 pm

@sparrow;
I do indeed! Would you like to come talk about in PMs?

Yes, I think so, and no, but someday I'd love to have that happen -- whether it's because I've finally gotten my stuff together and learned how to reliably draw recognizable people, or because I've teamed up with an artist.

Code: Select all
[b]What online stories have you seen that inspire your own stories, and how much/little?[/b]

blurbything wrote:The one with red hair grunted and tried to sit up, his wings rustling. Kit glanced up, reaching for the box of bandaids, and said “So. Demons?”
The demon blinked at him. “What is this?” He asked, instead of giving a proper answer. Of course. He was gesturing to the cut on his arm, which was remarkably small for the weapon that had made it. It was bleeding a little.
“That’s blood,” Kit said cheerfully, taking the plastic off the bandaid and coming over to stick it on. “You’re bleeding. People tend to do that when they’re injured, you know.”
“I’m not a person,” the demon said irritably, but watched in fascination as Kit smoothed the bandaid down.
“Yes, so you’ve said.” Kit cast his eyes upward. “Many times. Where’d your friends go?”
The demon’s head jolted up to look him in the eye. “What?”
Kit gestured. “Your friends. You know, the ones with the other skull bandanas, the dude with the bat?” He swallowed. “Matthew?”
The demon relaxed, wings shuffling against his back. “Oh. D’s probably home. Couldn’t care less about this . . . Matthew.”
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:37 pm

Ooh. D'you know where you're gonna take it, Mai? c:

What online stories have you seen that inspire your own stories, and how much/little?
Um. Idk... I read a lot XD Mainly when people have really good characters that resonate; then I want to emulate what they've made me feel, and give it to readers of my works c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:13 pm

What online stories have you seen that inspire your own stories, and how much/little?
Everything I read inspires me too much. I don't read a whole lot online though, except for a few webcomics (none of which I can ever keep up with)

As mentioned above, I read a ton of webcomics. Off the top of my head, there's Paranatural, Colorless, Sleepless Domain, Wonderlust, Goodbye to Halos, As The Crow Flies, and a zillion others. I'm usually several months behind on all of them, because that is way too many to keep track of. I also read bits and pieces of various Marvel things, and the occasional manga (I'm currently rereading Pokemon Adventures). Also my English class this year is literally a class on graphic novels. So yeah, I do kind of like comics c:
I'd love to write my own one day, but I'm not really much of an artist. Some of my friends are great artists though, so maybe I'll team up with one of them someday. Or maybe I'll eventually be content enough with my art to draw it myself.

Always. Where else does one even get stories from? My current idea comes from "There's a big magic castle place that's a gateway between dimensions," and my primary story is "I wanna write about sci-fi punk kids! Also they're all named after flowers!!"

When you start writing a new thing, as a first draft, do you focus on your grammar straight away? Or do you write it out, then go back and edit the grammar?
I can't make myself write things with improper grammar. I use semicolons in casual conversation! I don't sit around obsessing over whether or not something is correct though, especially since my narrators often don't particularly care about grammatical conventions.

That one discussion about writing things in other languages
English is my first language, and right now the only one I'm fluent in. I'd love to someway try writing a story in Norwegian, but I definitely don't know enough yet.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:43 pm

Not hugely, but Free's stories and characters really inspired me to write with animals and to write in a nonchronological way. So that's where the inspiration for the Ranging Rebels came from. Also, not sure how many of you remember them, but skipwrecked was a huge inspiration to me when I first joined Chicken Smoothie. I honestly don't think I would have gotten into writing as much as I did if I hadn't read their stuff.

Again, not really. Reading webcomics for long periods of time gives me a headache tbh. But I've read a few, Wilde Life and The Property of Hate. I also found a whole lot of the Marvel Civil War comics online and read those around when the movie came out.

I mean, where else do you get story ideas from? So yeah, all the time. XD

I do the basics, but don't think about it hugely. I like to think I have a good grasp of grammar and stuff, so I don't think much about it. I do fix spelling, but leave most of the rest until later. Pretty much if my computer says it's wrong I'll fix it, but otherwise, I'll leave it until later

As for languages, I can only speak English. So that's what I stick to. Maybe one day I'll write something in Latin just for lolz.
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren