❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:50 pm

~Teya~ wrote:I don't even know what to call what I do when writing. ;p Most of the time, it's only through the character I'm writing about's eyes. But I also do narrative weirdness at the same time. I just donut knowww D;

-- and to other thing you said, I totally get the feeling of writing everyday :0 I've been working on the same story for 3 days now and I feel so accomplished for some reason XD Even though it's not that long or anything.
not to mention PSG, I was writing for what? 2 months straight? *cowers*
Yeah... I'm out of practice *rueful smile*

What's PSG? I feel like I should know what that stands for XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:06 pm

Do you have a notebook where you write down thoughts and ideas?]

Yup, in a way! I have a notebook where I start writing things when I can't get on the computer or phone totally not in class, what are you talking about? And I sometimes just write little sentences I want to turn into stories after.
Bookworm | she/her | bi & demisexual
I am Arya22 and I'm a female who likes reading
Pm me to chat about anything at all!
Signature coded by Amburned. Thank you!!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:12 am

Ranger of the North wrote:Anyone else have trouble switching from one kind of PoV to another after an extended period of time? I was working on a first-person book for a g e s , and now I'm having a lot of trouble writing in third-person :'c': I don't like describing my characters' actions dramatically/properly in first-person, because it reflects on the character speaking; and I don't like describing them at all, because how often do people go off on spiels of what they look like to themselves? lol. And now my story's all messed-up :'c': I'll get the hang again eventually... but please... tell me I'm not alone in this XD':

-snip-

Does life seem a whole lot brighter when you've been writing regularly? I didn't notice anything different while I wasn't, but now I'm full o' beans, and really looking forward to writing later in the day, even if I'm mildly dissatisfied while doing it ;p It's really refreshing

I know what you mean!! I hate changing PoV when I've been writing in another for a long time.
If it helps, try reading a book written in the PoV you're trying to write to try and get your head into that mindset, idk if it'll help but it seems like a good idea.

As for the second thing, it depends what I'm writing tbh. Like for that advent challenge I was writing a lot of personal, kind of deep emotional poetry and I sort of found that to be really mentally draining, which sort of made me take a downward turn. But then when I'm making headway with my book and doing projects that I'm looking forward to I do feel like it brightens my life. In a way, even in the first situation, my life was kind of better because I was venting my feeling in my writing. Huh.

-

Hey so I've been slowly continuing with 10,000 Doors and I wrote a little thing that I'm kind of proud of that I wanted to share (that may or not have been slightly inspired by some song lyircs)
10,000 Doors wrote:She had five days, and no way of knowing how far in she already was. There were no clocks, she hadn’t had a watch for her own in six years. Lost in this maze, lost in time, Femie was simply that – lost.

That will be all - Dev out :D
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:26 am

Ranger of the North wrote:
~Teya~ wrote:I don't even know what to call what I do when writing. ;p Most of the time, it's only through the character I'm writing about's eyes. But I also do narrative weirdness at the same time. I just donut knowww D;

-- and to other thing you said, I totally get the feeling of writing everyday :0 I've been working on the same story for 3 days now and I feel so accomplished for some reason XD Even though it's not that long or anything.

The Prince, the Soldier, & the Gifted haha cx
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sxtxrn » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:06 pm

i hate the fact my writing is brutally honest, its so hard to write for scholarships. i have to write a two page essay for a scholarship and one of the questions is 'where do you see yourself in four years' my response was vague, but brutally honest; i dont exactly think that my school would award me with anything with this, my mom says i have to change it due to the brutality of it. any opinions? (its a catholic school)
    Where do you see yourself in four years? It’s the standard question always asked when you apply for colleges, high schools, jobs; there’s so many different variations it makes my head spin, ‘where do you see yourself in.. One year? Five years? Ten years?’. There’s always a different variation, yet there is no true answer. The answer is based on personal opinion and how full of yourself you are, for example someone who is not very fond of themselves might say they see themselves advancing little, whereas someone who is extremely fond of themselves might say they see themselves as someone of extreme importance, it’s all just a spectrum of how you think of your own work versus how others think of it.
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

mikey | gay | he/they | astrophys major
hi, im rarely on here. i love to code

[ toyhouse ] ▼・ᴥ・▼ ⋆。°✩ [ trade me ]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
sxtxrn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:33 pm

winged-backpack wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:Anyone else have trouble switching from one kind of PoV to another after an extended period of time? I was working on a first-person book for a g e s , and now I'm having a lot of trouble writing in third-person :'c': I don't like describing my characters' actions dramatically/properly in first-person, because it reflects on the character speaking; and I don't like describing them at all, because how often do people go off on spiels of what they look like to themselves? lol. And now my story's all messed-up :'c': I'll get the hang again eventually... but please... tell me I'm not alone in this XD':
I know what you mean!! I hate changing PoV when I've been writing in another for a long time.
If it helps, try reading a book written in the PoV you're trying to write to try and get your head into that mindset, idk if it'll help but it seems like a good idea.
Ah, thanks, that is a good idea! I have been trying to notice and relearn how third is done; oof, I'm glad I'm not alone XD

winged-backpack wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:Does life seem a whole lot brighter when you've been writing regularly? I didn't notice anything different while I wasn't, but now I'm full o' beans, and really looking forward to writing later in the day, even if I'm mildly dissatisfied while doing it ;p It's really refreshing
As for the second thing, it depends what I'm writing tbh. Like for that advent challenge I was writing a lot of personal, kind of deep emotional poetry and I sort of found that to be really mentally draining, which sort of made me take a downward turn. But then when I'm making headway with my book and doing projects that I'm looking forward to I do feel like it brightens my life. In a way, even in the first situation, my life was kind of better because I was venting my feeling in my writing. Huh.
Huh! That's kinda cool c:

winged-backpack wrote:Hey so I've been slowly continuing with 10,000 Doors and I wrote a little thing that I'm kind of proud of that I wanted to share (that may or not have been slightly inspired by some song lyircs)
10,000 Doors wrote:She had five days, and no way of knowing how far in she already was. There were no clocks, she hadn’t had a watch for her own in six years. Lost in this maze, lost in time, Femie was simply that – lost.
Ooh, I like that; it's really poetic :D

~Teya~ wrote:
Ranger of the North wrote:

The Prince, the Soldier, & the Gifted haha cx
*facepalms*
Yes, I should have known that XD

.Cherry Blossoms. wrote:
    i hate the fact my writing is brutally honest, its so hard to write for scholarships. i have to write a two page essay for a scholarship and one of the questions is 'where do you see yourself in four years' my response was vague, but brutally honest; i dont exactly think that my school would award me with anything with this, my mom says i have to change it due to the brutality of it. any opinions? (its a catholic school)
    Where do you see yourself in four years? It’s the standard question always asked when you apply for colleges, high schools, jobs; there’s so many different variations it makes my head spin, ‘where do you see yourself in.. One year? Five years? Ten years?’. There’s always a different variation, yet there is no true answer. The answer is based on personal opinion and how full of yourself you are, for example someone who is not very fond of themselves might say they see themselves advancing little, whereas someone who is extremely fond of themselves might say they see themselves as someone of extreme importance, it’s all just a spectrum of how you think of your own work versus how others think of it.
I think it's half true, tbh c: Maybe you could add that there are also those who could make a fairly accurate guesstimation? c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:46 pm

This is Mori, I changed my username.

I actually wrote a little? It wasn't much, but it was nice to write again. after watching the Youngblood Chronicles again and getting nothing else done, oops

@Dev I like it, and it flows really well c:

@Cherry Blossoms I've never written anything like that, nor do I know the people at the school you're trying to get into, so I can't be of much help there, I'm sorry. also I like your signature
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:00 am

@anxious ghost A little writing is always better than nothing at all. C:

.Cherry Blossoms. wrote:

No one can really say where they'll be in five years, or even a day from now. I'm not sure why colleges ask this question .. maybe, because they want to know how ambitious you are? I don't get it tbh.
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:15 pm

.Cherry Blossoms. wrote:

It's good to be brutally honest every once in a while. I fell like your mom wants you to change it because it doesn't exactly answer the question, though. You discuss how others might answer it, how some archetypes would respond, and how the question's used, but you don't actually list out what you hope to accomplish in your college career ((4 years for most, from what I understand)). Keep the honesty, I say, but keep going. What do you want to be when you grow up another four years? Who do you want to be, personality wise? Is there anything in particular you want to gain from this particular college? Think about what would be different if you didn't go to this college, then write about the difference the college makes in your vision of the future. It's a really open-ended question that is probably used to gauge how much effort is put into the application, the drive of whoever's applying, what kind of personality they might have, and how much they actually want to be there. If you can show the readers who will determine your enrollment what kind of person you are through your writing, or maybe that you want to attend the school, it'll make the piece more poignant and memorable. If you have enough time before it's due, you can always revise it to make it sound more professional, but I personally like the honesty aspect of the writing. Honesty can go a long way to showing someone you're trustworthy.

P.S. Good luck getting in! >^.^<

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:49 pm

Hey guys! I'm back from my holiday! I had a lot of fun, though I'm really tired now. XD (Staying with aunts and uncles is not indicative of getting an early night. XD Not to mention I helped out at my youth leader's farm yesterday) My five-year-old twin cousins are adorable. So are the rest of my cousins, but they're the cutest. They're from Holland so they have an adorable accent.

Anyway. I have questions to answer!

Do you find that writing provides a distraction from your life, or that it makes you painfully more aware of it?
It's more of a hobby for me... I am very blessed with an amazing family so I don't really need distractions, y'know... So kinda neither.

What is your way of curing writers block?
K, so the thing I have found with me is that most 'writer's block' that I get is me not wanting to sit down and write. Maybe because I don't know quite what's going to happen next, but nine times out of ten when I actually sit down with no distractions and write I get through it.

What kind of characters do you like to write for? Why? I
I dunno... I haven't really thought about that much...I don't really have a preference tbh. I guess people like me, I don't really want to try writing someone who isn't neurotypical because I'm worried I would get something wrong. I kinda want to though, to give some more diversity to my books, but I don't want to do anything wrong... XD

Speaking of characters, who from media inspires you?
I dunno... I guess loyal characters, like Sam from LoTR, or Fitz from Agents of SHIELD. idk.

Who do you base your characters off of?
My main cast isn't really based off everyone, but I have some side characters who are based off Sam and Dean from Supernatural...I'm sure there's more but I can't think of any atm. XD

Do you have a notebook where you write down thoughts and ideas?
Not really.. I do have a notepad on my phone for Fanfiction ideas and another for drawing ideas, but that's about it.
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren