❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Yubel Fated » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:42 pm

Are you doing Camp Nano?

Yes I actually am. I believe we're in the same cabin too. But I dont go on it much. lmao. I'm going to have a hard time on the 6th as i'm actually having surgery that day.

If so, what's your project about? What's your goal?

My project is about four girls who are experimented on for a better future. Their friends and technical family are killed by a previous orb wielder who went out of control. So they're on a mission to stop her.

My goal is to finish the book xD But uh.. In terms of Nano Prooobably getting to 50 K words.

And just for fun, introduce us to your newest character!

I don't have a new character. I really need to though.

So instead I'll introduce you to Autumn, Ari's mother.

Autumn is a former performer for Contests. She prefers to go off and on the stage with flair, whether it be with explosions or fire type moves. Although she has style she lacks the grace of actually leaving you see, Autumn is clumsy. Though she's gotten better, she's still clumsy and it shows. She can't cook worth a lick she a) never learned how and b) she's burnt herself more times than she can count.

She has/had a crush on the Hoenn Champion Steven Stone once upon a time, however had to settle down with Lukas. Since then she's calmed down quite a lot. He mellowed her out and the sense of adventure and contests died with the day they were married and had Arianna. She regrets passing up Steven when she had the chance but doesn't regret having her son.

Autumn is very protective over her son and tries to do everything in her power to stop him from getting a rise out of Lukas. However, Ari is ari and he does it anyway. After he left, she panicked and tried to find him again but stopped once she searched Unova for him. Only for him to reappear 9 years later as if nothing happened and traumatized. Her protection for her son only grew after that day she got him back, so she threw him out the door and onto a journey with his friends. Disappearing herself from out of Lukas' radar.

She went back to doing contests, her first stop being Kalos for the princess cup.

Honestly all I have are scattered ideas for her. Since i'm not really prepared to write a story for her. It'd be interesting to see how things from her point of view are.

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
╚══════════════╝

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
g̸̢̮̥̏͝l̷͔̘͍̑̍͝ì̶̛̠̖̒t̸̢̰̩̀̔̾̕c̴̨̘͌̄̈́̿h̶̡͙͔̫̆͜͝í̴̝̎͛̀n̵̡̘̰̈́̔ḡ̷̢̨̫̬̓̀ leaves

────────────────

Yubel Fated

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:11 pm

Woogwoo Wren wrote:So we now have a thread up for these short stories, here.
Yess. Check it out! :D

Are you doing Camp Nano?
I am!

I'm aiming to write for half an hour every day, excluding Saturdays c: And I managed to write a bit of a blurb :D

xxxxxThe king was killed in battle six years ago. Two years later, the queen and all remaining heirs to the throne were slaughtered. Now their killer — leader of the rebel forces — rules the land.

xxxxxBut is he an imposter?

xxxxxOr is he just what [placename] needs?

xxxxxOpinions differ, and blood soaks the earth.

If not, do you have any goals for you writing during April
JUST
DO IT
that would be (and basically is) my goal XD

Goodness. This is always hard because I don't know whether to count side-characters or not... and ones I'm never using again XD But I'm gonna go with Logue. He tries to be impassive as a brick-wall unless his emotions are positive, which of course makes for a lot of darker feelings. He's rather unsympathetic toward emotions he feels are out of place, whether in himself or others, so sometimes ends up hurting people. And stuff...

So earlier today I was doing some processing, and thought I'd share the result with you guys c:

Do you know what grief is? Grief is just like any other life-threatening wound. Grief is the hole in your heart where someone else should be. Sometimes the wound fills with saltwater until it overflows and floods from your eyes, and while it stings, it also heals. Sometimes it fills with a vile pus that spews from your mouth and heart like toxic waste.

Grief drives you mad while convincing you you’re sane.

But sometimes, sometimes there's gentle acceptance.

And while you don’t understand, you almost understand; and you pick yourself up, you dust yourself off, and you keep going.

Because one day you’ll meet again. One day you’ll die, too, and you’ll meet the Creator of the universe, the one who created everything and loved you so damn much that he went and died for you. And he’ll take your hand, and he’ll hug you close, and he’ll wipe away every tear you’ve ever cried and he’ll show you his own; he’ll show you the scars in his heart, and he’ll whisper in your ear, I — love — you.

One day you really will understand, and on that day it won’t matter so much. Because they’ll be there. And the Creator who loved you enough to die to save you will be there.

Because grief is a wound, and all wounds heal. Because even if you don't, he understands.
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScarDolphin » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:56 pm

Are you doing Camp Nano? Yep!

If so, what's your project about? What's your goal? It's about finding your soulmate, literally xD Like where you have this necklace that attaches to your soulmates' and then the journey to finding them. My goal is 15,000 words and to actually get a decent story out of it, since I end up changing the setting or rewriting stuff ahahah. I do have a first chapter of it which I'm not going to include in the project, but I'll start from chapter 2^^

If not, do you have any goals for you writing during April My goal for April is the Camp Nano project xD

And just for fun, introduce us to your newest character! Wait and see c;
─── Image ─────────────

I'm Scar // She/her // Cancer // GMT+1 //
─────────────────────────────────────
My interests: My horses // Utapri // Hypmic // Idolish7 // Genshin

───────────────────────────────────────────
⧽ --- ⧼ Trade Thread ⧽ --- ⧼

────────── Image ───
ScarDolphin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:36 am

Hi all, I'm alive. Just been a little inactive cause of school and mental health stuff so been offline a lot :D

Just to try and write more than I did in March. Finish the song maybe, and at least 3 more chapters of 10,000 Doors.

I haven't made any new characters, but the next one I will be making will be Femie's grandmother. Basically just a benevolent character who can't really be faulted in the few scenes she's in. She's just going to be in a few flashbacks but I guess I should start brainstorming her character.
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:44 am

Are you doing Camp Nano?
Yip! Love doing tpit!
I'm doing a rewrite on my November project. I hope to have a 60k second draft by tye end of the month. -
This pretty girl. She's part of a brand new sci-fi world I thought up because I kept getting new cat characters but not having a story for them. For about half the story she's believed by her family to be dead, but shows up as a slave to a gang of airship pirates.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:47 am

Are you doing Camp Nano?
Nope.

Write. Anything. At all.

Let's see... All the characters in my current project are about equally new, so I'll just talk about a few at random.

Rosen is the leader of the Changelings; a group of kids who he has rescued (Or kidnapped, depending on who you ask) from bad homes. He's half fae, and uses his limited magic skill to protect them. No matter how much he does, he always feels like it isn't enough - or more accurately, like he isn't enough. He tries to be some kind of awesome vigilante superhero, but in the end he's pretty much just a big ball of stress and inadequacy.

Katja is one of the Changelings. She's 12, almost 13, and dealing with all the fun feelings of being too old to be a kid, but to young to be anything else. And also a big helping of PTSD that she pretends isn't there. She is a endlessly cheerful kid full of happiness and repressed emotions which she has completely failed to deal with in anything close to a healthy way.

Taranath is the newest member of the Changelings, and he sees himself as a kidnapping victim surrounded by Stockholm syndrome. Has endlessly angry at the universe for being awful to him, and at himself for letting it. Which, of course, he expresses by being a huge butt to everyone because I think you can tell by now that this story is not exactly the land of healthy emotions and definitely not the land of healthy ways to cope with emotions.

Also, they're all nerds and I love them.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Krenko » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:38 am

Are you doing Camp Nano? Nope.

If not, do you have any goals for you writing during April Not really.

Ashley Coy is a very sociable child who enjoys telling people she's nearly seven. She's incredibly clingy, and even though she's one of the most friendly people in her group, she doesn't take well to strangers. Ashley has gone through as much trauma in her short life as any of my other characters, and yet she continues on the only way she knows how- staying positive and keeping out of conflict.

(Not exactly "new", but the most recent addition to the list of characters I have for the story I focus on the most.)
doot doot
Krenko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:58 am

Are you doing Camp Nano?
Not this year. I got school stuff that keeps getting in the way >.<

Eme... no? I mean, I guess I should write more on PTEN or in Ranger's competition, but... meh

Meet BBJ!
Name: Billibojo-vat ((Billy Bob Joe in common))
Nickname: BBJ, Dream Speaker
Gender-Male
Age-Unknown.
Kin: Peku-vat ((Younger Brother. Not played))
Personality: Calm, Neutral, Talkative, and Observant, except when angry. At that point, he tends to become completely Silent and Sharp, lashing out at the one who angered him, and on rare occasions those close by as well. His attacks are not always verbal, mainly when he is frustrated at the antagonist’s apparent lack of wits. BBJ has an extremely scientific view of things. He likes to theorize about things, and explore possible ideas fully.
He's a Civati, an imaginary people group that I wrote about here. For other physical details, there's a bunch, so I'll leave them out. He's kinda prep for a RP I'm modding, but I love the Civati, so I want to make him cannon at some point.

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:05 pm

Hey guys, feel free to leave some thoughts on our one-shots thread! :D Wren's currently working on a short-story, and I've got some more ‘fragments’ waiting in the wings :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:34 pm

Ahhh so sorry guys I have been so absent!! I'm finally done my story -- it's almost 14k words ^.^ *just barely avoided the 14k word limit XD* EEeek I'm so nervous now ! In case you guys forgot --which is understandable-- XD I'm trying out for a character, that is a part of a CS species called viscets c: It's a very special viscet and comp is super rough, so I'm very nervous ;0; Wish me luck? >:D

Are you doing Camp Nano? Maybe, I'm not quite sure yet. I'm still debating cx I kinda wanna get another story rollin' that I've been putting off ever since I entered the viscet competition (which I started planning the form since the end of January, I believe, or around there).

If not, do you have any goals for you writing during April? If I win the viscet I want, I miiight develop him and my other viscet I already own together? But I'm so bad at planning XD And I won't find out who wins for quite a while because there is a lot of forms to go through ;u;

And just for fun, introduce us to your newest character! ;DD Ok! I'd say one of my newest characters is Harmosa ! I really love her. She's a big part of my viscet comp form cx A sort of character that puts the other in their place and speaks her mind C: Her design is just so beautiful uughghghghhh, ohhh, I just thought of a questionnnnn

Code: Select all
Hey guys! I know you all have a lot of characters, but, if you had to choose, which of your characters would you bring to life? How would you interact with them?:
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me