❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby The Worst Username » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:05 am

Do you hold a particular character close to your heart? Why/why not?
    Just my main character. I honestly don't know why; maybe it's because she's smart.

@Ranger
    Goodness gracious, get some flipping sleep! But that is a cool little snippet. The first paragraph could use a bit more polish, but otherwise, it's a great idea. I especially like the last two sentences.

@Petal
    Oy vey. This used to happen to me a lot: I'd start off my story with a lot of steam, then I'd just slow down and peter out somewhere in the middle. When I stopped writing, it was usually because of three reasons: 1., I wasn't interested in the story, just the first few scenes, 2., I didn't develop the characters, 3., I outlined the beginning and end but not the middle. You might have a completely different problem, but if your stories are falling through in the middle, I guess you could try more planning. Good luck.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:14 am

@ Lotus. That's happened to me... once, I think. With Steam Crazy. I just forced myself to keep working on it and working on it and I didn't really have anything planned out and it just sort of fizzled. I do plan on going back with an outline and finishing it... Someday. But for now I'm sick of steampunk cats.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CJClaire » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:37 am

All of my characters?? Especially Rin and Ben though. And Ben's little sister, Lily!!
Just all of them tbh because they've grown on me and if they were real, I'd probably be friends with them, haha
Hi! I'm CJ! I use she/her pronouns. I'm an adult.
I play ice hockey!
i'm working on publishing a YA urban fantasy novel, and am looking for beta readers, lmk if you are interested :3

toyhou.se
artfight
Art Shop
art instagram
CJClaire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takara » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:48 am

Takara (Yes, also my username.), because she's basically a (cooler) younger version of me. Ream cause he's awesome and does stuff I'd never be brave (or stupid) enough to try. And Elliotte, cause she's a really fun character to grow. I have a few others, but after a while the reasonings are going to start sounding the same.
Takara

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:24 am

Well, I have two, maybe three. They're all kind of adorably awkward in some way. Hihaxi, one of my first female characters, falls in love fairly quickly, but doesn't know how to express it to the character she likes, so she kind of resorts to surprise pecks on the forehead or something. Hunrin/Hunris is typically a dragon who acts like a slightly overprotective father without being overbearing. I really liked his character, so I started using him in stories and lots of RPs, but then I started loosing track of which place was doing which story, so I tried changing his name ((From Hunrin to Hunris. Cuz that makes so much difference cx)) Then there's Apathmo, who cares about others without knowing how to really express his emotions in general, so he sometimes comes across as a little apathetic. He's kinda fallen into the same problem as Hunrin, but so far, I haven't tried changing his name. I have made him an empath in some RPs though, and that's turning out to be a pretty fun combination >^.^<

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Klain » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:43 am

No. No I don't have one. Years ago, when I tried to write a story, I had one Vickey. But after giving up with this story she disapears. She is just a character. Actually she is like me XD
Man, now I want to write something with her again xD
Klain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolechia » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:00 am

I love all my characters but I have a few personal favourites.
    I'll just stick to the two I mainly use for story writing as most
    of my characters I only draw not write about.

I can't choose between Victor and Sergiu, I love them both.

They are both so personal to me. They started off being based off two Video game
    characters and then I slowly changed and developed them. I put my heart and soul
    into making them to the point I use them as coping mechanisms. They feel so
    real to me. Both of them are based off my personality and my moods. (I suffer
    from Bipolar disorder so they are all over the place)

Victor represents my "low" mood swings. Grumpy and tired...sacarstic...unmoviated,
    snappy, short tempered...rude- I used this as a rough guideline and from there made
    him relatable. Not necessarily likeable but relatable.

Sergiu represents my "high" mood swings. very happy and cheerful, childish, immature,
    creative, very friendly, laid back but very sensitive. I added a few more negative traits
    though to make him a bit more balanced.

These are the only two characters I own that I can write about really well. This is because
    I understand their personalities and the way they behave because (to a certain degree)
    I behave that way myself.
xxx
.✦ Charlie - He/They - Adult ✦.

.✦ There's No Night Without Stars ✦.

Hello! I don't tend to use this site much anymore but I'll still pop on every now and then. I hope to make some new friends regardless.
xxx
kolechia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:23 am

Lyndon - we're both introverted, we don't like it when our personal space is invaded without (or sometimes even with) warning, and new people are terrifying (which is part of the reason he snaps so harshly at Pax when they talk about interacting). He's also a closet otaku, closet mostly because he doesn't think his grandparents would understand any of it, the twins wouldn't be interested (he thinks), and there's no one else in his close circle to talk about it to (yes, that world has anime. Sue me). Hmm, why else? Secretly, he worries incessantly about everything, but he feels like if he let that worry rule what he does/says, he'd waste away into nothing, and so he plunges ahead anyway. It may or may not get him into trouble from time to time especially with his parents *ahem*.
Cassidy - you guys don't know him (except for Ranger, and Ranger I'm sorry that I haven't been writing for his story much, but I have an idea about it and I wanted to talk to you about it before I went with it, so that'll be in PMs), but he's like . . . an idol for me, kind of? He isn't afraid to speak up, which I am kind of terrified of doing, and that comes in handy when he has to go toe-to-toe with these nightmare beasts every other night. He is also an otaku, but he's much less quiet about it, since he can talk about it with his cousin and his best friend Johny all the time. He hates Pike. And I'm not sure why, but I kind of hate Pike too, just for him being so wishy-washy wait that's a reason why.
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:34 am

@Ranger- Ah, I'm not sure? I can't think of anywhere I would have put it, but I'll look later ^^'

My mains, I guess. Some of the side characters, too, cause sometimes they are just too adorable not to love <3
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:05 am

I'm getting really attached to Starla and Maddie in the book I'm writing, probably because they're very much like me and my best friend. They're not directly based off of us, there are just traits that are present. They're both really likeable people and I just love them so much I can't explain it. It's what's making it really hard for me, because Maddie has to die for the plot to work out how I want it to (her death indirectly leads to the end of a war and she gets a statue to commemorate her sacrifice, it's going to be the happy ending (also sorry about the spoilers in case anyone was interested in reading it when I get around to actually writing it.)) In any case, I really hope that I'll be able to make the readers love them as much as I do!
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me