❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:21 am

How long have you been writing for?
Maybe about... seven years? Or something like that? I'm not entirely sure, lol

How many stories are you actively writing?
Pretending to write one, planning another :D

Moriarty x. wrote:~snip~
Quietly, she went probing in his mind, seeking out the problem. She saw him, and an older man, who was yelling at him for his uselessness. Parent troubles then, she thought. She went digging a little, avoiding anything that seemed too personal or put up resistance.
~snip~
Ooh, gosh — *winces in sympathy*

kittyisduck wrote:How does this work? Am I required to do this whole "How many stories are you actively writing" and "How long have you been writing for" thing? How do I join?

Thanks..........
Nah, you literally just have to post (step one completed already, well done XP) and you're automatically a Lazy Writer! Hooray! *hands badges out* Watch out for carrots!

DeMaizu wrote:Just wanna share this bit with you guys real quick 'cause I really like it :D

Cards bit wrote:“No, see, the wobbly-buffs have to go here!” Dumm told Pax earnestly, pointing to the great swaths of drop-cloth they had on the floor. Paint covered the twins’ hands and clothes, flecks of it spattering their faces. “If the wobbly-buffs go with the Burbbles, then they’ll all argue and nothing will get done by anybody. See?” There was a crackling of paper as she moved the orange paint bottle and started painting the wobbly-buffs ― which looked like balls of fur with very muscly arms growing out of their sides ― on the planet Ezzie had dubbed “Christel.” The Burbbles were situated on a plante the twins had given Pax the honer of naming, and after a minute or so of deliberation, he’d decided on Tweedle.
“They can’t go on Christel, either,” Dee argued. “There aren’t enough resources for them to feed their livestock. She blobbed a space ship on top of the green planet with a bridge leading down for the wobbly-buffs to get on. “We need a new planet for them ― Lyndon?”
Lyndon, who was in charge of making the planets and creatures’ designs, looked up from his corner of the ginormous paper. “There’s a planet over here that should be good,” he said. “Just what the Gibsher need to get through the winter.”
“There’s winter!” Dumm gasped, jumping and racing to Lyndon’s part. “Ooh, is the snow ochre? Can we make the snow ochre? Oh, or maybe navy blue!”
“Which shade of ochre, though?” Dee said practically. “There’s a few shades of it.” They both paused and looked at each other, then shrugged.
“Both,” they said in agreement. Dee looked back down and finished colonizing the Tweedle planet with Burbbles and their various pets.
Aaah, it warms my heart to see Lyn and Pax chilling with the twins c':

Do you ever write little backstories for your books that aren't in the main plot? Why or why not?
No? Yes? I'm not sure; I try to design backstories so I can remember what's going on and stuff, but I'm not sure how much I write down and how much I just store in my mind 'cause they're the same thing

Shanks wrote:anyone remember this little thing?

viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3199373
Defs. Imma bump it, brb
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:36 am

How long have you been writing for?
How old am I? There's your answer. I can't remember not writing.

How many stories are you actively writing?
What counts as active? I'm currently doing actual writing on none, planning around three, and vaguely thinking about and wishing I was working on way too many.

Oh, yeah! I don't think that's on the front page of the current version of the thread since it was pretty dead, but if it becomes active again, I'll put it back.

Do you ever write little backstories for your books that aren't in the main plot? Why or why not?
I do in my head, but I never actually type them up. I need to use my writing inspiration on the actual story, not little side projects.

Which of your characters has the closest personality to your own?
Jamie was literally a fictionalized version of me, so them. Not counting Jamie, maybe Milo? I'm not sure, most of my characters have different sides of me in them.

if you had the choice to live as a character in one of your stories, what character would you live as, and why?
Probably none of them because I make all their lives horrible.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:50 am

I think I do this more often then actually write ;w; I think a lot about my characters and stuff, but only sometimes write it down. Then I'm sad that it doesn't fit anywhere in the story X3 I just think it's fun, to be honest, and it's great for character development and making them more realistic!

I actually have a little question of my own.
Code: Select all
[b]How do you feel about sharing your writing? Who do you show it to, if anyone?[/b]

Here's my opinion, and what I'm struggling with. I'm obviously fine with sharing it online, what with all my shameless advertising, and I'm okay with letting my family see it. But my friends...in real life, that is...I haven't shown it to them. My two close friends are very innocent and sheltered people, so I don't think they would enjoy it. They aren't ones for romance. My other close friend, my best friend I suppose, can be kind of rude without realizing it. I'm fine with constructive criticism, but she can actually really hurt my feelings without knowing, and I feel she would judge me for writing a book. Plus, she said a few years ago when I first started writing that I couldn't do it. I'm pretty sure she was just kidding around, but it did hurt my feelings. I guess it motivates me even more, though. I want to prove to her I can do it ^^

also one of my characters is slightly based off of her and the char is kind of a jerk (my friend isn't but the char is) and I don't want her to notice
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:56 am

How do you feel about sharing your writing? Who do you show it to, if anyone?

To be honest I share my writing with everyone, online or in real life. All my family members have read at least my few short stories, my friends read them too.
I ask everyone to read them, regardless of what they'll say. I think I just want to know whether my writing is good enough or if I should just give up right now.
Bookworm | she/her | bi & demisexual
I am Arya22 and I'm a female who likes reading
Pm me to chat about anything at all!
Signature coded by Amburned. Thank you!!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:59 am

Actually, no, not really. I think I don't because it just . . . doesn't occur to me? It's like, I'll know how they react when it happens, kind of. And if that doesn't feel natural, I'll tweak around until it does. Does that make sense?

It changes pretty regularly; one minute I'll be fine with it and the next I'll be panicking that whoever sees it will think it's the worst thing they've ever seen. I show it to my immediate family, obviously, and then my tangible best friend, and then my not-tangible best friend. Sometimes I'll switch it up. And you guys!

@Worst; So, they've just finished breakfast, and their grandma wants them to stay out of her garden, but their granddad wants to be left alone in his study/den/place, so they took the older boys and decided to plaster everything with paint. And then make stories about said paint :D (They don't actually get everything, they'd be yelled at if they did that)

@Ranger; I'm glad! It warms my heart to see Lyndon chilling, period XDgive him a bit of a break from the nightmare/bad memory, haha *hides in carrot fortress*
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:05 pm

I'm fine with posting it online, but sharing it with people irl makes me really squirmy.... I can handle it if I'm not present while they're reading it, but if I hand my computer for someone to have a read I turn to wobbly jelly inside o_o I get stuck, 'cause I want to hear people's opinions and what they think matters to me, but IT'S SO SCARY.

woah Silver, you kinda shot yourself in the foot with that one XD
Maybe you could email/text/send her a link? Then it's up to her whether she reads it or not... And hopefully she won't notice if she does decide to read XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:11 pm

Yeah well, she's not completely clueless, she might notice. My mom noticed, haha. But what's done is done, eh?

I crave critique right now, lol, so if anyone is willing to give my story a read and give me some feedback, hmu. You can be as harsh and honest as you want, it's always good to have someone point out the plot holes and mistakes that I don't notice.
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

🍵

Postby food ☕️ » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:17 pm

Ah! Hello guys, it's been a little while. I haven't really been on CS that much, what with a power outage and lack of muse, but I haven't abandoned this thread! It is still too late to make a Camp NaNo account, because I'm still interested in joining up in that.

I'll probably get around to answering all the questions I missed, but I think I'm going to take a nap (considering I don't sleep during the night, haha...), so rather I'll be lazy and just answer the one easily accessible on this page.

Online I'm a bit more hesitant. One being fear of people taking the idea as I don't have any actual copy rights behind a random Internet personality, but also the fact that if you self publish stories, I hear it's harder to get actual publishers. I will occasionally post a story on Wattpad or something, but those are typically my more fun stories, ones I know would never make it that far in the real world. I don't mind talking about them, as you can tell by my scattered posts throughout this thread, however the actual hard-print thing? Not so much.

Irl I don't mind sharing with the very few friends I have, one being a writer herself. We both invest in one another's stories, ship specific characters, complain about scenes we dislike, that sort of thing. With my family, however, it's a bit different. My brother just doesn't pay attention to my ideas; far too into World of Warcraft and Skyrim to pay me any heed. My mom is all open ears and super supportive, however I'm easily embarassed about what goes on in my head, so I'm always a bit hesitant. My dad however? I don't tell him anything. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my father, however he's a total homophobe when literally every story of mine is LGBT inclusive. He keeps on saying he wants to hear my books, but I don't think he would. It could be the best plot in the world, but when he realizes the main character is gay for her best friend, I know he's going to crinkle his nose in disgust.
So inactive that the images in my signature are outdated; decided to just put down some purple text as a replacement. I do have a special place in my heart for the connections I've made in the site so please hmu if you're interested in reconnecting, I'd love to move conversations to Discord.

food | lawful good | asexual/aromantic | they/them | in college (help)
food ☕️

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:50 pm

I like posting my writing online, though it's been a while since anything got long enough for me to post it. However, I get extremely anxious about sharing my writing offline, so I basically never do. Once in a while I'll have to write something for school, and my computer doesn't like the printer so I have to share it with my mom to print. She always acts like it's amazing, but I have trouble actually believing her... (Huh, my mom's overly positive and my brother's overly negative, so if I show it to both of them maybe I'll get an accurate reaction!)
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:48 pm

@Silver
    Agh, I'm sorry your friend is like that! Maybe she's just immature and/or tactless like I am, but she might also be toxic. Tell her that she's hurting your feelings; she might not even realize. And goodness gracious, off-topic but you already wrote twenty chapters of CITR? I need to catch up on it.
    For my stories themselves? No, not really, but characters get quirks that aren't mentioned in the texts and religions/languages/cultures get tons of complexity that has no real place in the story. I do a ton of unnecessary worldbuilding, to the point where I've written a...heh, 7,500 word document detailing all the battles in this one war that have happened between two rival countries. It was such a waste of time, but I learned things about the countries I never would've learned/made up otherwise, so I guess it's not a waste of time.

Winged wrote:Okay, I just thought of a question, because I'm tempted to write a little fanfiction spinoff (short?) story about how Maddie and Starla met/fell in love. Just to give them some context while I'm writing the main book and also because I love them ^^'

Well, maybe I'm just hungry for more queer representation in literature, but that sounds flipping adorable; do it. Speaking of romance,
Code: Select all
[b]Do you like writing romance stories/stories with romantic subplots?[/b]

Ah, I hate to be the pessimistic positivity drain here, but we've made maybe two or more Lazy Writers collab threads, and they've all died. I feel like most of us just like working on our own projects, and we can't even be bothered to do those half the time, and so many of us are already unmotivated/distracted/uninterested, not to mention that a lot of us drop our projects really quickly...it seems kind of like a recipe for disaster? Not to say we shouldn't try, just that it seems like one or two people would end up trying to rally a bunch of uninterested writers together until those one or two people eventually give up and let the thread die. Agh. Good luck with it, though!

Scared. I've got a horrendous fear of judgement because past experience, so rarely have I ever shown a piece I care about to anyone.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me