❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:45 pm

kittyisduck wrote:How does this work? Am I required to do this whole "How many stories are you actively writing" and "How long have you been writing for" thing? How do I join?

Thanks..........

Basically if you are a writer and you are lazy you have joined. You don't have to answer the question, but they can be fun :)

Welcome! Watch out for carrots :)
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby imnotsuresorry » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:05 pm

Thanks! Sweet, I'll be here.
follow me on tiktok I'm @a.chill.es
I like mythology, constellations and drawing with sharpies
I must really be going through it if im back on this website
imnotsuresorry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:01 am

How many storys are you actively writing?
*Grins innocently* *Braces against overflowing closet*
Oh not that many
How long have you been writing for?
I started seriously getting into writing probably a year or two before I joined CS.... so.... maybe for about five years total for stories? But I only got serious within the last two or three years

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:55 am

Well, second grade was something my teacher had us do because we had to, but somewhere around fifth or sixth is when it really started to happen...

Have you started writing more recently? If so why?
Yes. Mainly because I actually posted a thing and people actually said they wanted more of it, so I promised to update regularly, but then life, so now I needs must do Camp NaNo to get more stuff to post. Heh.

How many stories are you active writing?
Well, there's PTEN ((see previous answer)) ans then there's the thing I started in the Camp NaNo chat cuz I was bored and wanted to do something, even if it wasn't PTEN because July 1 isn't here yet. *excited frustration*

@Anime Dragon, you may want to be extra careful of carrots from now on... Just gonna throw that out there >^.^<

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:02 am

Just wanna share this bit with you guys real quick 'cause I really like it :D

Cards bit wrote:“No, see, the wobbly-buffs have to go here!” Dumm told Pax earnestly, pointing to the great swaths of drop-cloth they had on the floor. Paint covered the twins’ hands and clothes, flecks of it spattering their faces. “If the wobbly-buffs go with the Burbbles, then they’ll all argue and nothing will get done by anybody. See?” There was a crackling of paper as she moved the orange paint bottle and started painting the wobbly-buffs ― which looked like balls of fur with very muscly arms growing out of their sides ― on the planet Ezzie had dubbed “Christel.” The Burbbles were situated on a plante the twins had given Pax the honer of naming, and after a minute or so of deliberation, he’d decided on Tweedle.
“They can’t go on Christel, either,” Dee argued. “There aren’t enough resources for them to feed their livestock. She blobbed a space ship on top of the green planet with a bridge leading down for the wobbly-buffs to get on. “We need a new planet for them ― Lyndon?”
Lyndon, who was in charge of making the planets and creatures’ designs, looked up from his corner of the ginormous paper. “There’s a planet over here that should be good,” he said. “Just what the Gibsher need to get through the winter.”
“There’s winter!” Dumm gasped, jumping and racing to Lyndon’s part. “Ooh, is the snow ochre? Can we make the snow ochre? Oh, or maybe navy blue!”
“Which shade of ochre, though?” Dee said practically. “There’s a few shades of it.” They both paused and looked at each other, then shrugged.
“Both,” they said in agreement. Dee looked back down and finished colonizing the Tweedle planet with Burbbles and their various pets.
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:10 am

@Is
    Hello, welcome to the thread! Your avatar cracks me up for whatever reason.
@Wren
    My mom was looking over my shoulder as I scrolled--she loves your signature.
@Mai
    Ah, sweet little excerpt. I love reading scenes about kids playing, just reminds me of screwing around in fantasy worlds when I was younger. What's going on? (in the story, that is)
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:15 am

Welcome @kitty, avoid carrots!

Aw man, since I was a kid. I used to take loads of paper and staple it together and write stories with that. I also used to get confused because I didn't understand why it was weird to write a story from a title and not the other way around. Like I would think of a title and then make the plot from that, rather than the other way around.

Have you started writing more recently? If so why?

Oh yeah, definitely. I think it's just because I've had more ideas, more inspiration and more time more than anything.

How many stories are you actively writing?

Just the one, about designer babies. I wouldn't really call it active, since in the last few weeks I've done no more than a sentence, but it's the one I've done most work on so I'm going with it.

Which of your characters has the closest personality to your own?

Starla, but she's a really exaggerated version of me. Like, I get a little nervous about things, she gets really nervous. I'm a bit awkward around people I like, she's extremely clumsy to a stupid degree.

if you had the choice to live as a character in one of your stories, what character would you live as, and why?

I'd love to live as Maddie. I've said this a lot before, but she's everything I want to be, so she's the one I would choose to live as (she didn't go to university though, so I would ignore that aspect).

Okay, I just thought of a question, because I'm tempted to write a little fanfiction spinoff (short?) story about how Maddie and Starla met/fell in love. Just to give them some context while I'm writing the main book and also because I love them ^^'

Code: Select all
[b]Do you ever write little backstories for your books that aren't in the main plot? Why or why not?[/b]
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:20 am

Do you ever write little backstories for your books that aren't in the main plot? Why or why not?
Well, I'm doing that for all of my characters in PTEN, mainly so I can read through them and remind myself how they might act in certain situations. Also, it helps to build the world more, give it some history behind the story I'm writing, along with developing the characters a little bit.

Hello, new person! Glad you made it! Welcome, Greetings, and Salutations >^.^<

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:44 am

Do you ever write little backstories for your books that aren't in the main plot? Why or why not?
*Pokes Lionel*
I once considered actually making his backstorie into its own standalone.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gankwizard » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:06 am

anyone remember this little thing?