❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby skrundle » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:47 pm

daybreak. wrote:
skrundle wrote:
    i finally worked up the nerve to create a thread for my writing! i'm gonna try to keep myself accountable and actually update it semi-frequently. here it is if you want to check it out c: heads up, the formatting looks a lot better if you aren't using mobile!

How exciting! I loved Malgehund and I am so looking forward to reading more of your stuff!

ty for reading! i'm glad you enjoyed c:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jo | she/her | INFP

autistic adult, west coast USA
musician - flutist & pianist
i love cats, digital art, and miku
don't be shy! i don't bite ♥︎

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

skrundle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby L.V.L » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:41 am

Instead of Wattpad - what is the best website to store/write your stories?
I keep everything either on CS, word document or on paper - but I want to redo everything again and keep it somewhere secure.
female | queer | she/her | employed | cat + dog mom | PST Zone

I play these other games - add me!
Ovipets | Flight Rising | Lioden

Feel like supporting my hoards - send me a trade!
❄️ W: Wishlist | H: Pets, Items, C$ ❄️
L.V.L

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griddle » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:18 pm

L.V.L wrote:Instead of Wattpad - what is the best website to store/write your stories?
I keep everything either on CS, word document or on paper - but I want to redo everything again and keep it somewhere secure.

I think at the moment, I would suggest using a word processor with access to cloud storage. I personally use Google Docs (auto-save, available to me across my laptop, phone, tablet, etc.) BUT I am hoping sure there are alternatives. I know I'm personally trying to disconnect more and more from Google.

I'm not an expert on Wattpad, but I generally wouldn't trust keeping drafts on a site like that. Drafts can get wiped out from sites that aren't absolutely dedicated to that particular function, so sites made for posting (Wattpad, tumblr, etc.) aren't something I'd put my stake in.

(I like having my files available to access from the cloud as well as locally on my device, in case the cloud is not clouding properly that day.)

I can't speak too much for paper as I don't personally use it! It's physical, so NOT subject to the whims of data corruption or deletion, but then there's Just That Copy if you want to reference it later but left it somewhere else. I used to carry around paper myself for drawing, but not so much writing, as I have a tough time reading most handwriting, including my own. c:

Good luck in your writing endeavors!
-
ImageImage
ImageImage
of course I have [NONE] hair and pronouns
queer • grown-up • est
ImageImageImage
🌲SIBLING ALERT!!🌲
Griddle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KrillTakoyaki » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:47 am

I've finally found my people! I adore writing as a concept, and I love sharing my ideas, but I definitely struggle with my heightened expectations when it comes to writing as a process. Does anyone else build a story up in their head to the point where no matter how carefully you write it, it just won't sound good enough? x_x I always end up just pushing through and hoping it will still be worth it in the end, haha.
xImage
┌───────┐

🪻Charlie 🪻

🪻They 🪻

🪻Adult 🪻

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

└───────┘

𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘻𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦.
𝘚𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘧𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘧𝘳𝘶𝘪𝘵.
𝘓𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥: 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩.
𝘈𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦.
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘯𝘰𝘸.

ImageImageImageImageImage

┌───────┐

└───────┘
xImage
KrillTakoyaki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _SmollJellyfish_ » Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:50 am

KrillTakoyaki wrote:I've finally found my people! I adore writing as a concept, and I love sharing my ideas, but I definitely struggle with my heightened expectations when it comes to writing as a process. Does anyone else build a story up in their head to the point where no matter how carefully you write it, it just won't sound good enough? x_x I always end up just pushing through and hoping it will still be worth it in the end, haha.

Its the same for me!I imagine every little detail, every scene but when I try to write it it doesn't come out the way I would like >.<
But if I can give you some advice, write everything that comes to mind! Write and write, every writer writes beautiful things without knowing it!! <3
┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄
ImageFURINA DE FONTAINEImage
Image |Infp|♋︎|he/him|Writer| ImageImageImageImage
_SmollJellyfish_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daybreak. » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:45 am

I feel like I am the complete opposite XD I have been fulfilling my (self-imposed) writing quota this past week by writing snippets of a story... but I am struggling to conceptualize what it's actually about or where it's going c': I keep telling myself I will worry about it at the editing stage.
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tsukette » Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:54 pm

Gasp,
I've stumbled across my fellow writers.

I enjoy writing, but due to school and other stuff I haven't been able to write like I want to. And even if I wasn't focused on school and other personal things I procrastinate a bunch and tend to have terrible writer's block <\3

I always make up scenarios in my end, sometimes I will be laying in bed late at night and come up with some unique stuff but as soon as I want to actually start writing it disappears into thin air.
tsukette

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _SmollJellyfish_ » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:48 am

I haven't written in a year, my writing skills are now lost. I've made a goal to start writing again this April! But, it seems so hard to start again after all this time :c
I don't know if anyone is in the same situation as me
┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄
_SmollJellyfish_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby daybreak. » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:26 am

tsukette wrote:Gasp,

I enjoy writing, but due to school and other stuff I haven't been able to write like I want to. And even if I wasn't focused on school and other personal things I procrastinate a bunch and tend to have terrible writer's block <\3

I always make up scenarios in my end, sometimes I will be laying in bed late at night and come up with some unique stuff but as soon as I want to actually start writing it disappears into thin air.

Welcome! I relate so baldy to school. I've really struggled to rebuild my reading and writing habits, which kind of eroded after I finished college. I feel like most of the reading and writing I did then was work, so when I no longer had to do it... I didn't c': It's a personal goal of mine to start doing both again more regularly, though, and if I may offer up a small piece of advice, for someone still in the midst of that "all my writing energy goes to school" period: let yourself draft! Not everything needs to look finished or feel polished. Jot some ideas down, they might be useful to you later!

_SmollJellyfish_ wrote:I haven't written in a year, my writing skills are now lost. I've made a goal to start writing again this April! But, it seems so hard to start again after all this time :c

Maybe your writing skills are a bit rusty, but I'm sure the muscle-memory us still there! Remember you're not starting from zero c; I hope your April writing goals go well!
daybreak.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _SmollJellyfish_ » Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:56 am

daybreak. wrote:
tsukette wrote:Gasp,

Welcome! I relate so baldy to school. I've really struggled to rebuild my reading and writing habits, which kind of eroded after I finished college. I feel like most of the reading and writing I did then was work, so when I no longer had to do it... I didn't c': It's a personal goal of mine to start doing both again more regularly, though, and if I may offer up a small piece of advice, for someone still in the midst of that "all my writing energy goes to school" period: let yourself draft! Not everything needs to look finished or feel polished. Jot some ideas down, they might be useful to you later!

_SmollJellyfish_ wrote:I haven't written in a year, my writing skills are now lost. I've made a goal to start writing again this April! But, it seems so hard to start again after all this time :c

Maybe your writing skills are a bit rusty, but I'm sure the muscle-memory us still there! Remember you're not starting from zero c; I hope your April writing goals go well!

Thank you,this words gave me so much support!!Hope your writing journey goes well too!!
┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄ ┄
_SmollJellyfish_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me