❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Arya22 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:51 am

@mortiarty
Well, that sounds like fun!
Bookworm | she/her | bi & demisexual
I am Arya22 and I'm a female who likes reading
Pm me to chat about anything at all!
Signature coded by Amburned. Thank you!!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:02 am

Aight. Can't select and copy-paste cuz of mobile, but imma try to answer the questions...

Planning
No. Then again, most of what I write is short stories and stuff I can get a first draft of in one or two sittings. I have two WIPs that are turning into longer works and are kinda turning into an experiment. One has a plot all planned out and the sequence of events is written in the document so I can write scenes that connect them. The other is just a rampaging mess of "what would happen if..." and has kind gotten out of control. For the planned one, I know what I'm doing and have found myself putting accidental foreshadowing in anticipation of writing the coming scenes, though the planning phase took an unseemly amount of time ((read months on end to find a plot that might work)) The other one is just like "Well, this is what happened last time. It could now go here, there, or everywhere." Honestly, writing for the planned one is more comfortable and easier to do

Favorite scene
I gotta say, prologues are my favorite. I used to write them and be like "ya! Short story, done!" Now I know that when I think a short story of mine is done, I can easily find a way that the story can continue if I really want it to. So, ya. Most of my practice with writing was basically just coming up with prologues >^.^<

Actually thinking of doing nano this year. Not sure how that's gonna go, but I can always try c:

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:05 am

Do you plan your stories before you write them?

Nope, not really. I tend to rush into things. However, with my latest story, I did plan out the basic plot from start to finish, and I think it's going a lot better then my other stories are.

What's your favorite type of scene to write?

Ooh, that's a hard one. I might list a few here. I really like writing dramatic scenes that evoke a lot of emotion. And high-stress scenes. Those are a lot of fun to write! Also, fight scenes are pretty cool too?
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:06 am

Honestly, I like to write the tragic scenes, the ones with raw emotion that make the characters and the reader feel empty and hurt. The one that comes to mind is a story I wrote back in year 11 (I think I've talked about it before) that was one big extended metaphor of painting a picture that ends with a line that changes the tone (I can't really say it without breaking the site rules but it stemmed from the severe depression I was experiencing at the time). Writing scenes in which the characters have to feel extreme pain (emotional and/or physical) is really cathartic for me because it's a way of expressing my own ain vicariously through a fictional character. I feel like I'm really going to enjoy writing the scene in my book where one of my protagonists dies, even if it's going to open the floodgates. Ah, catharsis, what would I do without you!
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:56 am

Somewhat. I usually have a bit of a plan of where the story will go, but I don't plan out specifics. Also, I'm usually too lazy to actually write down any plans, they stay in my head.

Arguments! My characters are usually sassy lil nerds, and when they're fighting, I get to play that to its fullest. Also sad scenes are fun; I tend to grin evilly while writing them.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:48 pm

Woop woop! Here we go again!
Btw has anybody made like a complilation of all the 100 shots, and prompt challenges on here? That would be cool.

Okay, so now, questions.
I didn't for a long time, but after several long, tortorus failed nano projects, I finally decided that if I ever wanted to reach the end of the book, I had to do some sort of planning. I haven't developed my planning style very much, usually just a couple pages of one sentence descriptions of the scene, or beat-by-beat of what I want to happen.

Ooh, the opening scene is so much fun to write! So much potential, I get to set up for the plot, introduce my main character. I have so much energy and just seem to have the perfect words to describe everything.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:20 pm

AGH what happened what did I miss?????
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:30 pm

Code: Select all
[b]What are some of your characters' quirks?[/b]

Code: Select all
[b]Do you ever invent languages for your fantasy worlds?[/b]

I really love language--almost as much as math *dies in dork corner*--so I take every chance I can to make them up. In fact, here's a paragraph I wrote about sentence structure in one of my story's languages:
this is never going to make it into your story, worst, why are you doing this‽ wrote:Sentence structure: object subject verb. In English, it would be “Ella walks to the garden”; in Sotzi, it would be “Garden Ella walks”. There is no “to/at”, and definite articles are only used when the object is plural, e.g., “Ella walks to the dogs” is “The dogs Ella walks”. Verbs don’t have conjugations; in present tense, the infinitive is used; in past tense, it’s (infinitive)-el; in future tense, it’s (infinitve)-vol. So, “Ella walks to the dogs” in Sotzi grammar, is “The dogs Ella to walk”. (To is used in this example because it’s part of the infinitive.)

Klain wrote:I am still feel so wrong in place, because I have the feeling that everyone is writing really long storys, with a lot of chapters. And I'm sitting here like "hey, this short story hit page four, time to end it!" XD

Ah, don't worry. This isn't a middle school cafeteria; nobody cares whether you're writing one-shots like Song or poems like Bucket or full-length novels like CJ or, I don't know, romantic Thomas the Train fanfictions. We're all writers who just want to chat and (possibly) write; that's why we're here.

Yes! For the first draft, it's a bare-bones structure with a one or two sentence summary of everything happening in that section, e.g., "D and K get into a fight over whether or not the ghosts they saw in the forest were real; develop D's obsession with the paranormal and K's stubbornness". I just vomit out the first draft (seriously, I'll write 1,000 words in 30-ish minutes and they'll all be horrible) to get a sort of "feel" for the story before moving onto the much more detailed, meticulous planning of the second draft. Paragraph-long summaries of scenes and the like. I don't plan one-shots at all; my short stories don't get actual plots, just character summaries.

Anything with character development, worldbuilding, or relationship development (like character development, but with the relationship between two or more characters). I also like describing people being affected by what emotions they're feeling/what situations they're in--this is kind of hard to define, since I don't like the whole "he has blue eyes and slicked-back blond hair"; I like more "she dug her toes into the bottoms of her shoes, wiping sweat off her furrowed brow". For whatever reason, I hate writing fight/action scenes...it's just really boring.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:37 pm

What are some of your characters' quirks?
Pff... I tend to make most of my characters different, they're not the same.. I can't think of anything.

Do you ever invent languages for your fantasy worlds?
I do, but usually only for magic spells and stuff!
Bookworm | she/her | bi & demisexual
I am Arya22 and I'm a female who likes reading
Pm me to chat about anything at all!
Signature coded by Amburned. Thank you!!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:08 pm

Woohoo! New thread, yay! :D
For your own safety, please keep your distance; I may or may not have eaten carrots and spent the night throwing-up... (which is why I'm late cx). sOMEONE SAID EATING YOUR ENEMIES MAKES YOU STRONGER?? TRUST ME. IT DOESN'T.

Not usually, tbh, but I have recently started delving into it c:

What's your favourite type of scene to write?
I really enjoy fight/action-scenes, and playing with emotions!

...I shall answer the last few questions later, as I'm really hungry AnD using my phone, which doesn't work as well as my computer, haha... Not a good mix.
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me