❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:43 am

Krenko wrote:I'm just going to let you all know I was going to post a thing just now, but I just blew blood out of my nose so I'LL DO THAT TOMORROW.
Oh gosh, fair enough XD

shadowloversmothie wrote:@therangerofthenorth

If I get around to it he might, I just wrote that story for a adoptable honestly so yeah I’m not sure.
Ah, I see! Sounds like a fun idea to play with c:

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:I that villain prompt from a few pages back. Check it out!
Oh, yes! :D *claps hands*

Have you started planning your stories yet? What are you going to set as your word count goals?
I'm continuing a story, again, so I have a decent amount planned! My goal this month is time rather than words; I want to get in the habit of writing for half an hour each day c:

BirdWhistle<3 wrote:Imma introduce myself.

Hi.

I’m BirdWhistle<3, but feel free to call me aloe! I write on watt pad, episode, google docs, and just in journals. I want to write graphic novels as a career as well. I dunno what to say now bye.
Welcome, welcome! C: Watch out for carrots!!

Krenko, that was way too relatable XD That moment when you're over-tired and so exhausted that you can't get to sleep. That moment when your brain siezes the smallest of things and OBSESSES RELENTLESSLY. Hope you get to sleep sometime in the near future! :p
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Krenko » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:50 am

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:I think maybe you should just try to sleep Krenko?

Could I have some critique on this? It's some dialogue between the villain ananother semi-antagonist and I really wanted it to be tense but I'm not sure if I really nailed it?

Yeah, you nailed it. XD I love the characters' names, by the way.

@Ranger- Me too! :lol: I don't normally stay up that late, but when I do it's...annoying.
doot doot
Krenko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:08 am

sparrow; wrote:Winged - I really like the song you're writing! Do you play any instruments? If you are, are you writing music for them as well as writing lyrics?

Thanks! I play the ukulele, so I'm sort of writing the music. Basically i just have a chord structure written down that's got a happy feel to it (I can't remember it off the top of my head rn, I think it's mainly A, G, D and C in different orders for the verse and the chorus and the bridge). Then I do a generic strumming pattern that's the only one I can actually do when I'm singing at the same time. Literally I'm so limited with my uke - i can play one strumming pattern and I know how to pick Sound Of Silence and that's it ^^'

Sorry I disappeared for a few days! I've been in London at a gig this weekend! Creeper and All Time Low, they were so good! I can hardly walk now cause I got so into the jumping and moshing :lol: Did I miss anything important?
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AriDeZu » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:30 am

rolls out and shakes off all the dust and cobwebs I'm alive! I've returned! Whhaaaaaaat did I miss?

Have you started planning your stories yet? What are you going to set as your word count goals?
I'm assuming this is for camp NaNo or something, but no. I'm not planning my stories! I haven't really planned my stories ever. I know, I know, I should do that I don't even know if I'm gonna do anything for NaNo this year.

Promptly falls back into whatever world I came from
Hi there! I love anime and manga. Mainly Fairy Tail, Psycho Pass, From Far Away, SNK, Akagami no Shirayuki-Hime, and Akatsuki no Yona.
I really like talking to other people so feel free to pm me :)
I'm open to most trades, so again, feel free to send me one :)
Image Image

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:56 pm

Hey guys! I've written a short thing I'm pretty pleased with :D It's on Chicken Smoothie here, google-docs for if you want to comment on something in particular here, and Wattpad here! :D Feel free to leave feedback wherever :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KawaiiPanda58 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:30 pm

Eek! It is SO difficult to keep up with this thread! Anyway, I wrote a short story for an assignment. It's about a girl during a Hershian war. If you're wondering what I mean by that, read this, it's the orientation.

Once, Hershian was a land of peace. The air was filled with the sweet humming of rainbirds. Maroon-barked trees swayed beneath their canopies of blush pink leaves. The earthy floor was carpeted in minty grass, soft under-foot. There were borders between states, but they were often crossed with no fear. Until darkness fell over the world, and war broke out. Many states were starting to believe they were better than others and diserved more. Many fights broke out, until at last, war was declared.

It's different to what I'd normally write, more like a fairytale. The rest is completely different, It's about a girl who must look after her two younger siblings, Alex and Fiona, after a bomb had gone of nearby and they had no electricity and close to no food. It's in a first person view to express emotion and persistence. I might post a bit more later.

Hi! I'm KawaiiPanda58, but you can call me Panda!
She/Her pronouns please.
I always enjoy trades so feel free to send me one!
INFP| ★ |♀️
[sig credit | pixel credit | characters | avatar credit]

KawaiiPanda58

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:41 pm

Interesting! I look forward to seeing it continued c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KawaiiPanda58 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:44 pm

Ranger of the North wrote:
Interesting! I look forward to seeing it continued c:

OK THEN!
Here you go-
I stared at land around me. The sky was brown with dust, rotting wood scattered it clumps. The windows of the house were shattered and we had no electricity. Most of our food was either spoilt or had fall in the mud. The bomb had gone off nearby, and it had a great impact on our home. I could already tell it would be a tough night.

Well that a short paragraph.... I'll give you another one.

We were huddled in the corner of the room, my siblings, Alex and Fiona, were multiple years younger than me. They were frightened. I was too. I couldn't let them see my fear, or else they wouldn't believe in our safety. We were hungry, and soon the sun would set, leaving us shivering in the dark. I pulled a bowl of bruised blue fruits from the shelf above me. "Here." I whispered, as I passed everyone a portion of food, "I'll, well..." I had to keep the others entertained, but how? I looked around me. The house was empty. I could tell them a story, but about what? So my had happened that day, and my mind was too jumbled to think about story themes.
"Okay, we'll sleep then." I suggested, pulling a few thin blankets out of the remaining frame of a cupboard and sharing them out between us.

She/Her pronouns please.
INFP| ★ |♀️

KawaiiPanda58

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:49 pm

Nice! :D One piece of critique I have at the moment, is that it needs to be separated into a couple more paragraphs; her speech especially, so it's easier to differentiate from the rest cx But I like how even though her situation's not something I have experience with, she's easy to relate to. I know the feeling of needing to distract small kids when the house feels empty c': It makes for a good balance, keep up the good work! c;
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KawaiiPanda58 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:22 pm

Yea it's stills first draft. Today for English we were just writing down how we could change all different parts of the story. I'm also changing the title, to make readers actually want to pick it up and read it.

She/Her pronouns please.
INFP| ★ |♀️

KawaiiPanda58

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me