❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby NopesaurusRexx » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:40 am

Since it's getting mighty close to Christmas, has anyone written a Christmas / Hanukkah / other type story?

Oh yes! I wanted to do a revamp of the story I did last Christmas, but this idea came to me so I did that instead. I always plan out a Christmas story each year.

What are your guys views on Shakespeare? What's your favourite Shakespeare play?
Mehhhhh...I'm not a big fan of Shakespeare, never have been.

"You wanna make yourself useful?"
"Not particularly."

ALL PETS IN THE GROUPS MARKED TRADE GROUP ARE CURRENTLY FREE
NopesaurusRexx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:03 am

@junebug

Well I don't really like sharing my ideas either, but you know, not many people will just go and read a random text they just found. I write my ideas in a notebook that I always keep in a small hidden pocket of my bag, and so far no-one has read it without my express permission.
Bookworm | she/her | bi & demisexual
I am Arya22 and I'm a female who likes reading
Pm me to chat about anything at all!
Signature coded by Amburned. Thank you!!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ticked tabby » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:29 pm

Last edited by ticked tabby on Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ticked tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby polysaccharide » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:52 pm

a depressed boy approaches! what will you do?
    kill it
    feed it
    scream
    >>fight

@mai-ling
    hello! watch out for carrots and don't get smote.

so i had a thought. what if i wrote a minecraft story? i wanted to in fourth grade! then i told myself not to because it would kill my already dying pride. so guess who's gonna write one. it's gonna have chapters and everything. any advice on what i should do to get the main character into/out of the game?

if you had to die, what would be your preferred way of going out? what death do you fear dying, and hope to escape?
    any death where i don't suffer would be wonderful. execution-style gsw to the head? sure. cyanide capsule? why not. spontaneous combustion? not ideal.

what is the weirdest thing you've written?
    this script i wrote for class. i wrote it with a partner, but it was an interesting experience. we got a 95 on it.

what's the weirdest thing you've searched up for a book?
    don't click if you're squeamish about cannibals or that stuff. it wasn't for a book, but a poetry anthology i'm writing for school. i' sure i've looked up stranger stuff, but this was today and i still can't think about how jeffrey dahmer said people tasted like filet mignon. egh

what's your biggest worry when writing a character of a different race/religion/culture to you?
    getting it wrong/appropriating something/making a complete idiot of myself. i don't want to screw up and make people mad.

since it's getting mighty close to christmas, has anyone written a christmas / hanukkah / other type story?
    i have never written anything holiday-related in my life. the only holiday i get festive about is halloween tbh bc it gives me an excuse to talk about weird stuff in front of everyone. like that cannibalism page up there.

what are your guys' views on shakespeare? What's your favourite shakespeare play?
    sign me uppp for anything my man willy shakes wrote. i love his wording and hilarious insults. i don't have an explicit favorite, but i think i remember a midsummer night's dream fondest. my class in seventh grade read it and we were terrible and it was great. i also remember being the only one to read the original version (the book had a format where modern english was on one side and original on the other) and i blew everyone away with my correct pronunciation and emphasis on all the right words. it pays to read old stuff, people! i'm smarter than all of my classmates anyway haha
polysaccharide

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:17 pm

*Bursts into thread*
I live! It has been crazy busy round where I am. Man.

what is the weirdest thing you've written?
I'm not sure... I haven't really done weird writings tbh...

what's the weirdest thing you've searched up for a book?
I'm not sure... again, I haven't really searched much stuff. I need to branch out into some weirder things. XD

what's your biggest worry when writing a character of a different race/religion/culture to you?
Like what most people have said - I don't want to do something wrong and offend.

since it's getting mighty close to christmas, has anyone written a christmas / hanukkah / other type story?
Not that I can remember tbh.

what are your guys' views on shakespeare? What's your favourite shakespeare play?
I quite enjoy Shakespeare, though it can be difficult to read. I haven't really read enough tbh - I've only read The Merchant of Venice, which was pretty good but not when you're studying it for school! Also he uses amazing language.
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:15 pm

junebug. wrote:Here's the thing-I have a lot of ideas, and I want to write/type them out.

But, I am paranoid someone (aka family) would find a notebook if I wrote in one. I would write on Google docs, but I'm terrified it might get transferred to my school account somehow or I might not notice what account I'm on. I like to have my privacy.

It's not like I'd be writing anything bad, I just hate sharing things I make with people I personally know.

The best thing I can come up with is making a computer folder with ten folders in it (9 empty) and the right one also has 10 folders 9 wrong in it, and it goes on about ten rounds until you arrive at... a decoy journal because the right one was in a hidden folder rounds back.

I'm that petrified of someone finding my writing/ideas. Wake me up (wake me up inside)
Write on your computer and lock it when you're not writing? :p

Mai-Ling wrote:And hi everyone! I think I'll join this thread, as I am a lazy writer. :P
Hellooo! Welcome along c: Beware of carrots o,o

Welcome back, oldies XP
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:59 pm

Welcome peeps! Stay away from carrots.
Sorry for not replying to a while lot; I'm about to go to bed. It's 11pm here and I've been out all day.

@Ranger ...no...? I don't know if it's canon or not yet, is the thing, so...

Thank you to everyone that responded to my post!

I've written a little Christmas thing and a little winter thing.

What are your guys views on Shakespeare? What's your favourite Shakespeare play?
I've never read anything Shakespeare related, and I'm not a play kinda person. I'm not really into a whole lot of classical stuff either, so...
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Welcome mai-ling, watch out for carrots

Right, just a quick @anyone who says they don't enjoy Shakespeare for his plays - go find his poetry and his sonnets because there are hundreds. You'll probably recognise the line "shall I compare thee to a summer's day", that's from Sonnet 16 18 (so close). They make for a good read. Although, I definitely recommend checking out some of his plays, especially the comedies - and if the language is too much for you, there's a thing called "No Fear Shakespeare" which translates his plays into modern language to help. Sorry if I'm gushing a bit, it's just as a proper little British Shakespeare nerd, I like to give him a little bit of 400-years-later #spon.

Anyways, my advent challenge is slowly dying. All because I missed one day and it threw me off and now I'm way behind (I haven't done anything in 4 days aaaaa)
It's kind of ironic that I started all this yet I can't even keep up with it huh? I'm just going to have to spend tomorrow sitting down and catching up with all the ones I've missed :lol:
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GENOCIDER » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:30 pm

I've been wanting to make a story, I just need a dang plot! I even have characters ready, so now I'm here.
GENOCIDER

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:29 pm

ᴏᴍɪɴᴇx wrote:I've been wanting to make a story, I just need a dang plot! I even have characters ready, so now I'm here.

Have a nice guide!
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me