100 Scenes in 100 Days!

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: 100 Scenes in 100 Days!

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:16 pm

I knew she was lying!

XD

it's okay for me to post, right? o.o
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frankie (dup) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:48 pm

Ranger of the North wrote:
I knew she was lying!

XD

it's okay for me to post, right? o.o

Of course! I love posts... Come to me, posts...
Hopefully I'll have two up today!
my dms are open,
but im a spoonie
and i may not
respond promptly.
it's not personal.
especially hmu if
you want to talk
about atla,
im autistic and its
been my special
interest for like.
a bajillion years.
➤ they/it lesbian
➤ canadian eh
➤ gay zuko
truther /lh
➤ please use
tonetags!
➤ feel free to ask for
my discord if we've
talked before
➤ help idk how to
make this pretty
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frankie (dup) » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:11 pm

A:N I'LL DO TWO TOMOROW I SWEAR
At least this schedule is better than Raven Rise's. Raven Rise's schedule is all over the place. It doesn't even have a schedule.

Word count: 876
Genre: Blargh, Fantasy? Suspense? Maybe some Humor?
Follow-up: I'll find one

Characters:

Name: Bridget Pamelia Hobbes
Appearance: Green eyes, olive skin, straight brown hair.
Role: Protagonist

Name: Marcus Cece Beck
Appearance: Brown eyes, pale skin, short, dark brown hair.
Role: Deautoragonist

The setting sun colored the skin in brilliant orange, pink, and purple hues as Bridget Hobbes travelled with her horse, Forte, across a rolling green field.
Her little sister, Tarina had laughed when Bridget picked out the name and told her the meaning.
"Forte means strong in French," she'd said simply, hoping that the small, dark brown, green-eyed horse would live up to his name.
Tarina smirked. "That is literally the dumbest name I've heard. So cheesy."
"Says the one who named her's Sparkle Steps..."

Tarina just grumbled. "I'm under-appreciated! It's a pretty name!"
"Yeah, sure, whatever."

The conversation was still fresh in Bridget's mind. After all, it had been her one normal conversation before her whole world came crashing down.

It was the very next day that it happened. Tarina had pushed her sister's door open with the force of a thousand horses and stood, panting, hair frizzy, in her room.

It was still fresh in her mind the way her sister had teetered where she stood before pivoting on her foot and running off.
Bridget remembered cursing and rubbing her eyes, then staring blearily ahead before she realised that was rolling over her face, heating her cheeks.
But this wasn't good heat, like heat from a campfire. It felt much more threatening, much more powerful and deadly.

She remembered rising to her feet and checking out the window to see bright flames raging across the field

That had woken Bridget up, and she sprinted down the stairs, grabbing only her phone, coat, and sneakers. She didn't bother with tying the laces.
She raced over to the horse pens. Miss. Ridiculous Name was already gone, the gate open. Either she'd run off, or Tarina or her parents had taken her.

Bridget had wasted no time in mounting Forte and whispering in his ear, "be strong, Forte," before racing off.

---
Bridget had made it far away from the fire, but they sky was still plagued with smoke. She had cellular out here on her phone, thank goodness, and all the news outlets reported that fire, strange, unextinguishable, fires, were racing across the globe.

And she couldn't find her family.
Bridget stopped by a river and let Forte drink. Her riding equipment had all been tucked into a bag that she'd slung over her shoulder and rode without it for the first bit. It was hard, to say in the least.

She pulled off her helmet, allowing her greasy, sticky hair to roll down. She hadn't showered in forever, her only source of hygiene being water sources.
She splashed water on her face, cleaning off the mud and grime, then cleaning Forte while he drank. Rider and horse had been bonding since Briget was only seven when she'd first begun riding. Then, finally, the sisters were told that they'd be getting horses. More specifically, riding horses.

Tarina had been riding for four fewer years than her sister, but both of them were doing just fine after a couple years. It was just an issue of money. Not that they were poor, but two horses seemed like a frivolous purchase, It was only after years of begging and a big promotion that their parents gave in.

At least, the sisters thought money had been the problem. As it turned out, the horses had been theirs just after they started riding. The promotion? Just luck.

Bridget laughed a little to herself as she remembered the day, Tarina had gone ballistic. Bridget felt stupid- what were the chances that no one would buy a horse after nine years?

She mounted again, but not before saying "tired?" If Forte was tired, he was supposed to but her hand. If he wasn't tired, he was supposed to shake his head.
Forte was never tired. Not today, probably not tomorrow, either.

So, they rode off.
As they rode across the rolling hills, Bridget heard a noise.
A shout, a holler, someone calling.
"WHO'S THERE?!"

Bridget jerked to face the call, and Forte bucked.
"Ack! No!" But she was tossed off. Thank goodness she wasn't hurt and managed to get out of the way.

He raced over the hill, to the voice.
"Forte! You don't know what's there!"
There was no response for some time, until a young, gangly boy stepped onto the crest of the hill, holding Forte's reigns. "He belongs to you?" The boy asked, striding up to her.

Bridget nodded, grasping at her horse's reigns.
"Geez, here. Chill. Name's Marcus Beck. You are..."
"Bridget Hobbes."
"Any tigers in your family?"

"Shut the hell up."
"Language..." he said, taunting her. "You fleeing the fires?" He asked.
"None of your business!" She replied, snapping at him.
"Got it, so that's a yes for the fires. Your horse's name is Forte, I assume? Like the French word?"
"Yes. What else would it be?"
"A horrific butchering of the music term," he snorted.
"Are you missing your family, too?" Bridget asked.
"Woah. Personal questions incoming! But yes."

Bridget sighed. "You're hopeless. So. Hopeless."

Marcus nodded. "I know. You're my buddy, now. I'm gonna tag along with you and Strong."
"Forte."
"Dynamics."
"Forte."

Bridget sighed as the younger boy skipped off, humming 'we're off to see the wizard.'
This was going to be a long trip.
my dms are open,
but im a spoonie
and i may not
respond promptly.
it's not personal.
especially hmu if
you want to talk
about atla,
im autistic and its
been my special
interest for like.
a bajillion years.
➤ they/it lesbian
➤ canadian eh
➤ gay zuko
truther /lh
➤ please use
tonetags!
➤ feel free to ask for
my discord if we've
talked before
➤ help idk how to
make this pretty
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frankie (dup) » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:28 pm

Word Count: 894
Genre: Fantasy/Descriptive
Follow Up: I'll find a prompt for it tomorrow.

Characters:

Name: Kris Jason Graves
Appearance: Brown eyes, fair skin, curly dark brown hair that is very messy and reaches his shoulders. Short

Name: Sel
Appearance: Yellow-green hair, grey eyes, olive skin
Role: Deuteragonist

Name: Teim
Appearance: Yellow eyes, olive skin, auburn hair
Role: Deuteragonist

Kris walked with his friends. He felt as though he didn't know them anymore- they looked so different, Elyse had black bat wings, while Bettye had green butterfly wings speckled and striped with white.
"Are Elyse and Bettye your actual names?" He asked.

Elyse- if that was really her name, turned to face him.
"Well, no," she laughed. "My name, in our language, is Felnelmeff, but if you want something a bit easier to pronounce, in your tongue it's Selbenkass. Bettye's name, in our language, is Eyofwaafof, for you it's Teimwaim. You can call me Sel, Selben, or Kass. Eyofwaafof?"
She shrugged. "Teim."

They continued walking.
Kris sighed. "Where are we even going? We've been walking for a while now."
"We're almost there," Sel promised.
"We should probably tell him where we're going," Teim said, elbowing her friend.
"Oh, yeah. We're going to where the rest of the sprites are. It's sort of like the place we were before, with the troll, but it's less... forboding. And it's much harder to find."

Kris just nodded. He wasn't really understanding all of this, but he couldn't tell his friends that. He'd seem stupid, and he didn't want to seem stupid.
"...Are you confused?" Teim asked, a smirk on her face.
Kris smiled sheepishly "Maybe a little..."

Sel gestured at a stump on the ground. "Sit," she ordered. "We'll tell you everything."
Kris did as he was told. Teim was glancing at her watch, which looked strange against the rest of her rustic, natural attire.

Teim and Sel stopped in front of some hanging, tangled branches, and Sel knelt down to pull them apart. Being the absent-minded teenager he was, Kris walked straight into them and wound up nursing his poor legs.

The branches were finally pulled completely apart, and both Teim and Sel began to climb through.
Kris moved to follow them, but they stopped him. "Wait," Teim told him.
"Okay, it's good!" Sel shouted, and Kris slipped through.

First, his foot hit solid ground, but he felt it ripple beneath his foot, and before he knew what was happening, he sunk under.

Everything was dark. His vision swam, and he tried to move his arms and legs. Nothing. There was nothing around him, nothing to touch, smell, see, or hear.

Then, finally, he heard a noise. A whistle of sorts, piercing the air, and he was lying on solid ground.
He wiped the sweat from his brow and looked around.

It was true, the area he was in right now did look like the clearing with the troll.
Branches were draped like curtains everywhere. Small stone huts were positioned neatly across the landscape, and it took Kris a few moments to just breathe it in.
Beautiful jut didn't cut it for this place.

He spotted Teim and Sel flying above him before they came down, smiling.
"You like?" Teim asked, gently fluttering her wings.
Kris could only nod as he gazed at this place with all of its wonders and beauty.
"I can hardly believe this place is real," he said, eyes wide.
Sel nodded. "It is breathtaking, isn;t it? Come on, we'll take you to the main area."

Kris followed his friends into a much larger hut. It was more of a full house, really. There was a chimney on top, but no smoke.

When they went inside, Kris was greeted with browns and whites. It reminded him of the mocha he'd had that same morning.
It was very homey and felt lived in. It was crisp and clean, but not in the fake, sterilised way. It was just a full, gorgeous, lived-in home.

Someone came down the stairs- or rather, flew down the stairs.
She looked to be about twenty, but Kris watched in awe as her age appeared to decrease as she came down, until she looked about his age- sixteen.

Her eyes were like rubies- bright red, but not an angry, fierce red. It was a warm, welcoming red.
She had dark skin, which threw Kris for a loop since she had striking, bright purple hair. It was wild and untamed, looking as though it hadn't been brushed in forever and a day.

And her wings... they looked like pure light, streaming in from a window on a summer day, molded into dove wings. He could barely make out the lines of them.
She tucked them away. Good, now he could look at her without being blinded.
"Who are you?" He asked.
She smiled. "Let me ask you first- who are you?"

"I'm... Kris Graves. Your wings are..."
"Bright?" She laughed. "I know. My name's Mafmso, by the way."
Kris rubbed the back of his neck. "I have no clue how to pronounce that. Mind telling me the English version?"

She laughed. "Nakhi, I assume you want to know more about our world?"
"Yes, please! How'd you know?"
"I was told," she said. "No mind-reading. I can't do that. No sprites can."
"Are you sure you're all sprites? You seem kind of like fairies to me..."

She waved her hand. "Maybe some other time. Right now you should go home. It's getting late."
He nodded. "Yeah, I guess so. I'll come back tomorrow."

Nakhi nodded. "I'll send Felnelmeff and Eyofwaafof to retrieve you. Have a safe trip and good night!"
Kris turned and walked off, already excited for tomorrow.

ACK. I'll try to have two ASAP. My cousins were over today and this thing took me THREE HOURS.
Sorry
my dms are open,
but im a spoonie
and i may not
respond promptly.
it's not personal.
especially hmu if
you want to talk
about atla,
im autistic and its
been my special
interest for like.
a bajillion years.
➤ they/it lesbian
➤ canadian eh
➤ gay zuko
truther /lh
➤ please use
tonetags!
➤ feel free to ask for
my discord if we've
talked before
➤ help idk how to
make this pretty
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:33 pm

Ooh, I really liked that last one!! :D

How's Forte pronounced? O.e
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frankie (dup) » Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:55 pm

Ranger of the North wrote:
Ooh, I really liked that last one!! :D

How's Forte pronounced? O.e

I loooove descriptive writing! I think I mentioned that on the Inklings thread.
The French word (as it's used in the story) is pronounced as fort, but the musical term that Marcus was talking about is for-tay
my dms are open,
but im a spoonie
and i may not
respond promptly.
it's not personal.
especially hmu if
you want to talk
about atla,
im autistic and its
been my special
interest for like.
a bajillion years.
➤ they/it lesbian
➤ canadian eh
➤ gay zuko
truther /lh
➤ please use
tonetags!
➤ feel free to ask for
my discord if we've
talked before
➤ help idk how to
make this pretty
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frankie (dup) » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:04 pm

A:N I SHOULD have two tomorrow! Was at dinner at my grandpa's

Word Count: 845
Genre: Romance (I don't think I failed?)
Follow Up: I do

Characters:

Name: Vikki Joy Ward
Appearance: Grey eyes, pale skin, light brown hair in a braid

Name: Cal Hyram Weaver
Appearance: Brown eyes, pale skin, ginger hair, freckles.
Role: Protagonist?

Vikki smiled as her boyfriend's car pulled up.
He rolled down the window and gave her a sheepish grin. The very same grin he had when he first met her.

She smiled as she got into his car. Vikki still remembered the day she met him.
Her high school had just come up with the WORST rendition of Romeo and Juliet. She didn't even remember it, and she was glad.

Worse still, she was on the tech team, so like it or not, she'd be working on it.
She then met the new kid, who introduced himself as Cal. They were both in their Senior year, and Cal had just moved.

The two became fast friends and started dating during college when they were nineteen.
Now they were celebrating their four year anniversary at After Dark, a restaurant that opened during supper time and had only supper foods on their menu.

Once they reached the restaurant, Cal gently kissed her cheek.
"Happy Anniversary," he whispered, his breath tickling her face.
"You too," she said, smiling.

Her fingers brushed the silk scarf in her purse. She'd made it for him after reading up on traditional fourth anniversary presents. Granted, it was for weddings, but Vikki didn't quite care. A flower pattern in pastel colors weaved through the soft red silk of the scarf. She was proud of it, it was definitely her favorite craft yet.

Her boyfriend seemed so giddy tonight. He didn't have a very good poker face, as evidenced by her many wins of card games.

They requested their table once they got inside. The couple had made the decision to go late at night, so that there'd be a lower chance of children in the restaurant. Tonight, there were none. No significantly young ones, though. The couple was grateful for that.

Cal rubbed the back of his neck. "So, uh, who's paying? Are we splitting?"
Vikki shrugged. "Splitting sounds nice. We don't do that often."
Cal nodded. "Okay. Thing is, though, I don't have much money."
Vikki raised an eyebrow. Cal was not one to frivolously spend money. He wasn't stingy, but he saved a lot.
"What'd you spend I on?" She asked.
"Your anniversary present," he said, shuffling his feet.

Vikki smiled a little uncomfortably. "Woah. That expensive? I'll pay, then. No worries."
Cal relaxed. "Don't feel bad. This was my decision, and my decision alone."
They ordered their meal, and discussed dessert.
"I kind of want eighty sundaes." Cal confessed.

Vikki laughed. "Cal..."
"I know. It'd be unhealthy and expensive. But still... Sundaes are good."
"God, Cal," Vikki laughed. "Have you matured? Like at all?"
Her boyfriend grinned. "You have to grow old," he said. "But not up."

"You could use any quote," Vikki sighed. "And naturally, you used the most overused quote in the book."
"What book?"
"Oh, hey," Vikki said. "Our food's here. Pointless conversations with your boyfriend really passes the time, doesn't it?"
Cal smirked. "Sure does."

They ate their food. Due to the chatter that was a package deal with being friends (and more) for so long, they took a long time to eat. Vikki wondered if by the time they were done, they'd be celebrating their fifth anniversary. An endless loop of anniversaries, sitting in a restaurant.

Eventually, they finished their meal. Vikki smiled. "Present time?"
"Uh-huh," Cal said. He was shifting in his seat, obviously worrying about something. "You first," he said.

Vikki reached into her bag and pulled out the scarf and threw it to Cal.
"Nice," he said, running his fingers along the silk. "I like the patterns. You've really improved since our first class!"
Vikki smiled. "Thanks! What's your gift?"

Cal let out a shuddering breath, and pulled his present out of his pocket, and displayed a beautiful ring with a blue topaz on top.
At first, Vikki thought it was simply a ring.
Until she noticed that he was one knee.
Until she realised the box it was in.
Until she heard the words he was saying.

"Vikki Ward," he said. "I've loved you since I first laid eyes on you. I was the happiest man on Earth when you asked me on a date in college. I was even happier when I became your boyfriend. My happiness grew each anniversary. Vikki, will you make me even happier- if that's possible, and... marry me?"

Vikki smiled. "Yes."
There was a sudden wave of cheering from some of the other tables, and Vikki slipped the ring onto her finger. Cal brought her to her feet and kissed her cheek. She returned the favor.

They payed the bill and left, Cal holding her close.
Vikki smiled up at her fiancé. A word she'd used so rarely.
Cal laughed. "We both have big families, don't we?"
"Mmmhmm."
"Wedding preparations are gonna be hell."
"Won't be too bad."
"What about breaking the news? You have relatives everywhere."

Vikki kissed him. "Relax. We don't have to worry about that now. All that matters is that we're engaged. That's amazing. You're amazing."
Cal smiled. "No, you're amazing."
my dms are open,
but im a spoonie
and i may not
respond promptly.
it's not personal.
especially hmu if
you want to talk
about atla,
im autistic and its
been my special
interest for like.
a bajillion years.
➤ they/it lesbian
➤ canadian eh
➤ gay zuko
truther /lh
➤ please use
tonetags!
➤ feel free to ask for
my discord if we've
talked before
➤ help idk how to
make this pretty
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mark19500 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:06 am

It look good
Mark19500

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frankie (dup) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:19 am

Mark19500 wrote:It look good

Glad you're enjoying it! :) I have to do three today... the PAIN
my dms are open,
but im a spoonie
and i may not
respond promptly.
it's not personal.
especially hmu if
you want to talk
about atla,
im autistic and its
been my special
interest for like.
a bajillion years.
➤ they/it lesbian
➤ canadian eh
➤ gay zuko
truther /lh
➤ please use
tonetags!
➤ feel free to ask for
my discord if we've
talked before
➤ help idk how to
make this pretty
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frankie (dup) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:11 am

A:N I lied... doing it out of order. I just swapped the prompts around so there'd still be nice straight lines. :D I love me my straight lines. Except for Vikki. Vikki is bi, as I briefly reference in this short.

Word Count: 919
Genre: Romance
Follow Up: We're gonna be parents...

Characters:

Name: Vikki Joy Ward
Appearance: Grey eyes, pale skin, light brown hair in a braid

Name: Cal Hyram Weaver
Appearance: Brown eyes, pale skin, ginger hair, freckles.
Role: Protagonist?

Vikki tugged at her dress and veil. No matter how many times she pulled and straightened it, it just looked... wrong.
"Cal!" She called for the umpteenth time.
Her almost- husband came into her room. "What's wrong?" He asked.

Vikki sighed. "I can't get this thing to go on properly."
He smiled, faintly. "Of course," he said. "You've never worn a wedding dress and veil before, have you? Geez, I thought you wanted to call it off or something,"
"God, cal, why'd I do that?"
"Dunno."

Cal and Vikki struggled with the dress and veil for a while before finally, FINALLY, it went on.
Cal pressed his lips to her cheek. "Big day, babe," he said.
"I know," Vikki sighed, pulling away.

Cal smiled. "Hard to imagine, huh?" He said. "The boy you had a chance meeting with just so happened to be your future husband."
"Cute boy," Vikki teased, trailing her hand across his cheek.
"Pretty girl," he replied, smiling like the seventeen-year-old boy she'd met six years ago.
And she was still in love with him.

"Ceremony's coming up," Cal said. "You ready."
"I'm ready. Well... this is a big change, so... not... ready? I'm ready."
He laughed. "That was just a little confusing."
Vikki sighed. "I'm ready. I want to marry you. Cal."

He smiled. "I'm glad."

Vikki's father walked her down the aisle, and she met up with her fiance at the end.
"Vikki, will you take Cal to be your husband? In sickness and health, in life and death?"
"I do,"
They exchanged vows and Cal wrapped his arms around Vikki, planting kisses on her cheeks, lips, forehead.

They danced the night away, gazing into each other's eyes. It felt like a dream, to be standing there. When Vikki first went out with Cal, she never really thought she'd eventually walk down the aisle with him. She hoped, of course, but it was a distant dream. A little hope.
And now it was true.

Cal was not her crush.
He was not her boyfriend.
He was not her fiance.
No. Now, he was her husband. Vikki hoped that one day she'd call someone her husband- or wife if she fell in love with a woman, but she'd never imagined that it'd be ginger-haired, silly, clumsy, Cal Weaver.

She sat down, holding Cal's face as they kissed before he sat beside her.
"So," she said. "I'm Vikki Weaver?"
"I dunno. I could be Cal Ward if you want."
"Nah, Vikki Weaver is good. Cal Ward sounds like one name. Calward."
"I guess you're right."

"Vikki and Cal Weaver," she sighed. "That's how we'll introduce ourselves now."
Cal nodded. "I know. It's kind of crazy, actually. Just seconds ago you were my fiance. Now? My wife."
"And just a few months before that, I was your girlfriend."
"Before that, your friend."
"Before that, I didn't know you. We were just two random people, living their lives."

He threw his arm over his wife's shoulder. "I've missed these talks."
"What do you mean?"
He shrugged. "I dunno. We've been busy with wedding preparations, we haven't had any time to be, you know, together. A couple."

Vikki nodded. She honestly agreed, but she feared that he'd take it the wrong way. She consistently worried about everything and anything, which had lead to a few unfortunate 'the boy who cried wolf' scenarios.
Cal turned to face Vikki, scrolling on his phone. "I'm looking for a few available homes," he said. "Want to go house hunting?"
"No..." Vikki moaned, her shoulders sagging.

"I know," her husband said, kissing her forehead as he stood up. "But it's kind of a necessity, really. We both live alone, but I thought we were going to move out and live in a new home together?"
Vikki shrugged. "That was four- maybe three years ago. I don't want to go house hunting again. I'be had enough of that for a lifetime. But alright."
"Great!"

The first house they visited was in good condition, except for the yard. The yard was overgrown with wild plants, but the young couple was prepared to go through the work the benefit of a garden, children, or pets in the the future.
The interior of the house was done in warm browns, blues, and light pinks.
There were three bedrooms, one was large and would be the couple's bedroom if they were to buy the house. The walls were crisp and clean, and when they opened the window, they could see the sea and smell the fresh air.
The other two bedrooms were smaller, likely intended for children or guests. The first of those had a rustic feel to it, and an unnoticed pirate flag hung on the wall, above what would've been the bed. Maybe the child who'd owned that room had grown up.
The second of the childrens' bedrooms was brighter and more modern, reminding the couple of the mid-day sun, when it was perfectly centered to provide light and not burn holes through your eyes.

The kitchen was average, but there was that same crisp feel to it. The walls were pastel blue.
It didn't take many houses before Vikki and Cal realized that the first was their favorite by a mile. They sold some of their furniture and moved the rest of it into the house.

They sat on the porch a few months later, watching the setting sun over the ocean, Cal's hands rubbing his wife's growing belly.
In just seven months, they'd be parents.
my dms are open,
but im a spoonie
and i may not
respond promptly.
it's not personal.
especially hmu if
you want to talk
about atla,
im autistic and its
been my special
interest for like.
a bajillion years.