"I Express Myself Through You" - [flo's challenge]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: "I Express Myself Through You" - [flo's challenge]

Postby munchqueen » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:14 am

@200765
I'm glad that you liked it. c:
My sister actually gave me the idea for Monopoly, so I can't take credit. I thought that it was brilliant; she and two friends of mine were playing, and when I spoke up about the prompt, my sister just gestured to he board and gave me that look. xD
I hope you did well on your tests!
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:19 am

Once again, I admire how quickly and consistently you get these out! Your characters are so relateable and entertaining :") I agree with Ranger, you're an awesome writer!!
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby munchqueen » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:39 am

@Pyjaks
Oh, thank you so much! ;u;
I'm posting another right now, as promised, since I forgot to yesterday. xD
I hope you guys like it! I know that I do. c;
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

"Maybe, Just One More Slice." - [flo's challenge]

Postby munchqueen » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:40 am

"I'm having another slice," Calynn said, reaching for the pie lifter. "Want one?"

"Sure," Lucifer said, stretching. He had already eaten two, but then again, the whole goal of the evening had been to eat pie.

So, Calynn went ahead and dished herself another, then one for Lucifer, who was sitting beside her. She dug her fork into the end of the pie slice, then leaned back, her feet resting on the piece of wood connecting the front legs of her chair together.

"You know," she started, scraping her tongue along the roof of her mouth, "I've never understood quite why you call me by the name of my Greek Zodiac sign."

"It suits you," Lucifer said, taking a bite of his own slice of pie.

Calynn shrugged, frowning slightly. "Maybe I should start calling you 'Pisces'," she said thoughtfully, earning an amused scoff from the man beside her. "What? You call me 'Taurus'. If anything, Pisces suits you more than Taurus suits me."

Lucifer frowned, a small smile crossing his face before he spoke. "It sounds so elegant," he said simply.

"You are elegant," Calynn said, placing a forkful of pie in her mouth. "You're pretty much royalty. Being elegant is a requirement. Speaking of, I can't believe you're making me pay for this!"

Lucifer snorted, his eyes on his pie. "I paid last time," he said, justifying his actions. "And you said that you would, remember?"

Calynn nodded, raising her brows for a moment. "Yeah, but you're kind of rich," she argued.

"My parents are rich," he corrected, using the side of his fork to scoop up some stray pie filling. "And they kind of disowned me. Well, not really, but they never pay any attention."

"Yeah, but you still have access to a ton of money," she pointed out. "They deposit, like, what... one and a half thousand, every month? And that's the minimum, you would have way more if you hadn't told them to stop."

Lucifer shrugged, looking up from his pie. "I suppose," he said, "But I'd rather earn what I have, not have it all given to me. If I could have it my way, they wouldn't be giving me anything."

"At least you can pay for college," she said, and at this, Lucifer did not argue. Instead, he just sat quietly and finished his pie; Calynn did the same.

Lucifer finished first, as usual, but Calynn didn't take much longer. They were both slumped back in their seats, staring blankly at the table as cars drove past, their headlights bright in the darkness. It was getting quite late. However, there was still pie left over, and neither of them would let that go to waste.

"Maybe, just one more slice." He said, reaching forwards.

Calynn snorted, letting out a short laugh. "You're going to get fat," she teased, poking his shoulder as he pulled his plate back, another piece of pie sitting atop it.

"No I won't," he argued, a small smile slipping onto his face.

"Yes, you will."

"No."

"Yes!"

"Then I'll work it off," Lucifer insisted, taking a bite of the pie.

"I didn't know that you worked out," Calynn said, frowning.

"Which makes complete sense," he said, chuckling. "It's not as if you've seen me."

At this, Calynn looked away, frown still present on her thoughtful face. "I guess not," she agreed.

Lucifer let out a short, "Hmm," of acknowledgement, his elbows resting on the table and his fork in hand.

Calynn stared at him for several moments, then dropped her gaze, reaching for the last piece of pie instead. "Well, I can't let you win," she said, scooping it up and placing it on her plate.

Lucifer let out a quiet scoff, smiling down at the table before lifting his head to look at Calynn, who smiled back at him.

"No you can't, Taurus," he said. "No you can't."

Starring;
Lucifer, a new addition to the one-shot team. He is a character of mine, originating in my my roleplay, "The Beyond". He is part of several ships in the roleplay, one being introduced in this exact one-shot.
Calynn, originally Taurus, is a character created for the same roleplay as Lucifer, by vicster007. They've been trying to convince me to pursue this ship for a while, but you never know! Either way, this new best friend pairing - or maybe more - I like quite a bit... We'll see what happens.

Word Count; 652
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sugarkitza » Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:43 am

Woohooo!
Totally not stalking!
Sugarkitza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby munchqueen » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:06 am

@Ultimate
It's okay
I stalk too
*is currently stalking another thread*
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sugarkitza » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:00 pm

XD This is what we do when we have no lives
Last edited by Sugarkitza on Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sugarkitza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 200765 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:32 pm

@Munch : Ooh, I really like this pairing! I hope to see them more in the future. c: And thank you, I think I did a decent job.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vicster007 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:35 pm

XD XD XD YOU FINALLY MADE IT!! I'm actually dying of joy right now.
vicster007

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby munchqueen » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:44 pm

@200765
Aha, it was really fun to write; it was pie night for Taurus and Lucifer. <3
You'll definitely be seeing them around more.

@vicster
Of course I did! You were just too lazy to read it, until now. You like, I assume? xD
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me