"I Express Myself Through You" - [flo's challenge]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

"SNAAAAAAAAAAKE!" - [flo's challenge]

Postby munchqueen » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:12 pm

"Oh my gosh, Blaire! Enough with the snakes, already!" Koda groaned, rubbing his eyes. "I don't know what you're expecting; I've already told you, I am not afraid of snakes. I am, however, afraid that you will die if you keep annoying me and I throw you off of a cliff."

Blaire gasped loudly - mockingly - at Koda's threat. "You would never throw me off of a cliff!" She exclaimed, right before hearing Koda mumble a short, "I might," in response. "You love me too much! Come on, camping is supposed to be fun! What's more fun than scaring your sibling?"

At this, Koda shot her a glare. "I dunno, but certainly not getting soaked by rain water in the middle of the night because you don't have your tent pitched," he retorted, a hint of amusement slipping into his voice. "Come on, let's get this thing up. It's going to be dark soon, we've goofed off for long enough."

"Oh, 'long enough'," Blaire grumbled under her breath. "There's no such thing as goofing off too much. I can be productive and goof off at the same time. Oh, look at me! I'm doing it right now! Wow, so impressive!" Blaire reached out to take a mallet from her brother's outstretched hand, and proceeded to use it to drive a stake into the ground to secure the tent.

"See, Koda?" She said after a while, stepping back to admire their handiwork, her hands on her hips. "We got it done, and I was goofing of the whole time!"

Koda couldn't help but smile, so he looked down, biting his lip in an attempt to make it go away; he couldn't give Blaire the satisfaction of winning that argument. He looked back up, having conquered his smile and given himself a straight face again. "Yep, we did it," he agreed, "But your 'casual insanity' wasn't helping!"

"Sure it was!" She protested. "And stop doing air quotes every time you say that, 'casual insanity' is a reasonable term for that kind of behaviour. Well, actually..." she trailed off, her expression thoughtful. She waved her hand, brushing it off. "Whatever. It doesn't matter."

Koda scoffed, beginning to protest when a large raindrop landed directly on his nose, splashing up into his eyes. "Never mind your strange definitions, just get into the tent before it starts pouring!" He said, wiping at his eyes as another droplet of water landed on his shoulder. "Come on, Blaire, if we wait any longer the inside of our tent will be soaked as soon as we open the flap!"

Blaire, laughing, obeyed, and crawled into the tent, Koda following after. He pulled the flap down and then reached for the zipper, closing up the tent before leaning back, resting his weight on his palms. Their sleeping backs were still rolled up in the corner, so, playfully, Koda tossed one at his sister, who let out a loud "Hey!" when it hit her in the shoulder.

Koda laughed, then said, "We should probably get to sleep. There's not much else to do, anyway."

Blaire just shrugged, agreeing, and both of them laid out their sleeping bags, then crawled in.

"Good night, Blaire," Koda said.

"Good night, Koda," she replied. Neither of them said anything more, falling asleep to the steady drumming of the rain on the fabric of the tent.

"SNAAAAAAAAAAKE!" Blaire screamed, shuffling furiously into the opposite corner of the tent. "KODA! Wake up!"

Koda could not help but wonder why she did not just wake him as she usually did, grabbing his shoulders and shaking; however, if she did not do that, he didn't have to get up, so this was fine. He grunted a reply, pulling his arm over his head, earning himself a warning hiss from Blaire.

"Koda, do not move!" She snapped. "There's a snake in your sleeping bag!"

Koda frowned, but did not move; after this, he was just going back to sleep. "Blaire, enough with the snakes, already!" He grumbled. "It's not funny!"

"I'm serious, Koda!" She persisted. "There is a snake in your sleeping bag!"

At this point, Koda could only wonder what she was up to. Usually, she would have just laughed it off by now, but she actually did seem honest; unless her acting had improved exponentially overnight, this was very strange. So, he turned his head to look, and, as Blaire had said, a snake lay just behind him. It appeared to have just woken, and it's tongue was flicking in and out of it's mouth as it glanced around the tent, moving slowly.

"Blaire," he started, his voice flat. "Can you go get a stick or something? It would be best if we did not have snakes in the tent."

However, Blaire was not in the mood. "What if it's poisonous?!" She asked frantically, causing Koda to roll his eyes.

"Then get a long stick," he said, obviously not up for an argument.

"But it might, like, lash out and bite me!" Blaire protested.

"Right, and I'm in absolutely no danger what-so-ever if this snake does happen to be poisonous, because it's laying right beside me. The closer you are, the better!" He joked, although he clearly did not find it amusing. "Just... go get a stick?"

"Ah..."

"Blaire, listen to me. Go. Get. A. Stick."

"Well, I, um..."

"Blaire."

"Koda, I really don't think that I should! Just stay still; it'll leave at some point, right???"

"For heaven's sake, Blaire, just go get a stick!"

Starring;
Blaire, again. She's been in every single one-shot up to now... Strange, huh? I don't play favourites, I swear! She just happens to fit in every single one! Yes, that is definitely the reason... Or is it? You'll never know, will you? Hehehe...
Koda, also again. He's been in three prompts now, a runner up for being in the most, just behind Blaire. Hmm. Very strange. This is yet another one-shot that reinforces his character; he is having none of Blaire's shenanigans, is he?

Word Count; 926
Last edited by munchqueen on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: "I Express Myself Through You" - [flo's challenge]

Postby 200765 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:05 pm

@Munch : Hey, it's okay that Koda's starring again, I'm sure just about everyone loves him! <3 Blaire and Koda's sibling relationship is adorable and this one shot just further enforces my point. I find it funny and ironic how Koda gets annoyed/possibly scared by the fake snakes, but when a real one shows up, he's the calm one and Blair is panicking.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby munchqueen » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:17 pm

@200765
Right? Blaire thinks she's so tough, but then, when the situation actually arises... Not so much. xD
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:21 pm

Hahahaha
Last edited by Ranger of the North on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

"What do You Mean, 'No'?" - [flo's challenge]

Postby munchqueen » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:55 am

"Will you marry me?" He asked, pulling open the small box. There was a long, tense silence, the first of many, before the woman spoke.

"I'm sorry..." She said, tearing her eyes away from the ring, a gold band encrusted with seven tiny, precious diamonds. "But... No."

There were several moments of silence; neither of them did so little as breath.

"What do you mean, 'No'?" The man said, his voice hoarse; he was still down on one knee, ring box in hand. "You're not serious, are you?" He demanded desperately.

But she
had been serious when she said that she was not going to marry him, and nothing was going to change her mind. "I'm sorry," she repeated, "But I can't marry you."

He stared, eyes shimmering with what could be tears, for several seconds before standing, holding the now-closed ring box in his hands, which were very still. Again, silence, until the woman spoke up.

"We can still be friends," she said. "Right?"

"Yeah, of course," the man lied. He would likely never be able to look at her the same way again; he had thought that she would have accepted, but he was wrong, and now everything felt different. Painful. Numb. But it didn't matter anymore, she had already said no. And, if she said no to marrying him, it seemed likely that they would have to take some time apart; he had a feeling that this time would never end. Being rejected like that, especially with no definitive reason given... It tended to end relationships.

Turns out, he was correct, because the woman said, "I'll go pack my bags." and that was it. She left and did exactly as she said she would, and she was gone by morning. The man would not ever be sure when she had left, exactly, because he had stayed out rather late, but it made no difference. She was gone, and what ever they once had... It was gone, too, and he knew that it would never come back.

The wheels of the chair squeaked as Rosie leaned back, stretching her arms above her head. She had been working on this single scene for far too long, having reached a stump in motivation a while back. However, her creative flow seemed to have returned, because she had finally finished it; but this just made Rosie wonder even more.

She had come home from a friend's place late several nights ago, and had gone straight to sleep; she hadn't thought twice about anything that had happened there. However, something bothered her; she had never been rejected before. Off topic, kind of, but not entirely. Rosie was used to getting whatever she wanted, or, more accurately, whoever. But she had been turned down only nights ago, and that fact gnawed at her every moment of every day.

She had always been a dreamer, hence the reason that she wrote; some things that couldn't not happen in real life, or would never, she could make real. She could make anything feel real. She had no plans to ever get married, she would say 'no' to every proposal, much alike the scene she had just written. Even so, it felt real. It felt like the man she had written about had actually asked, and it felt as if he had been turned down. In a way, he had been, and everything she had written was true. But not for Rosie; she had certainly never expected to be turned away.

So, she closed her eyes, leaning her head back so that she was facing the ceiling, and she spoke aloud the words she had written; "What do you mean, 'No'?"

Starring;
Rosie, the one and only, introduced in a previous one-shot, "We Should Be Lovers". This is the first one shot with only one character, exploring Rosie and her interesting view of the world. Maybe she should get used to being rejected. It might happen again. *evil cackling*

Word Count; 616
Last edited by munchqueen on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sugarkitza » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:59 am

Haha this is lovely!
May have been stalking.. shhh
Sugarkitza

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby munchqueen » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:05 pm

@Ultimate
Haha, I'm glad you like it! I had fun writing about Rosie. She's so cocky, even at the end. xD
The real question, though; who was she rejected by?
stalking is good
munchqueen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sugarkitza » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:06 pm

Isn't it Boyer?