➼ one hundred one shots

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

➼ one hundred one shots

Postby Aliria » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:52 am

I'm doing this challenge because... I'm bored and hey, why not add more stuff to the pile of like five hundred things I should be writing! I probably will only get through a few and get bored, because that's how these things seem to go, but oh well I'll try to do all of them. Feel free to post, I guess.
50 shots wrote:1.// "Did you steal my Poptart?"
2.// "We could be hero's!"
3.// "We should be lovers..."
4.// "SNAAAAAAAAAAKE!"
5.// "What do you mean, NO?!"
6.// "THIS IS JUST BUSINESS!"
7.// "Maybe, just one more slice."
8.// "You can't leave! You'll die..."
9.// "I was a fool to believe..."
10.// "It all ends, today."
11.// "You must..."
12.// "You're just a silly girl!"
13.// "The show must go on..."
14.// "Just one more day, please..."
15.// "You can't just kill people!"
16.// "Seriously, who ate my Poptart?!"
17.// "I only speak the truth."
18.// "Don't let go Jack! Wait... you already did... rats."
19.// "I did not want this!"
20.// "What do you mean he's dead?!"
21.// "I haven't eaten in three days!"
22.// "Who am I? Not Jean Valjean..."
23.// "Did you just..."
24.// "Do. Not. Touch. That."
25.// "YOU JUST TOUCHED IT!"
26.// "I would never say that to you."
27.// "My receding hair line has been kissed..."
28.// "You have Elvis Presley eyes... I would know."
29.// "Dude, chocolates are bomb."
30.// "Could you... stay with me tonight?"
31.// "I can't loose you!"
32.// "Please... marry me."
33.// "I can't hug you..."
34.// "You call that a kiss?"
35.// "Since when did I ask for it to snow?"
36.// "I'M BATMAN" "No... no you are not."
37.// "NEVER SAY THAT WORD!"
38.// "I HAVE TB!" "No you have a cold!"
39.// "Can you not?!"
40.// "Tis only a flesh wound!"
41.// "Could you stop jumping for one minute?!'
42.// "Please repeat that, I wasn't listening."
43.// "You love me?"
44.// "Never do that again."
45.// "I dare you to lick that..."
46.// "What do you think of children?"
47.// "I like, like you."
48.// "BY GODS..."
49.// "I just wanted you..."
50.// "Damn it! I died again!"
50 more shots wrote:51.// "I'm a mess."
52.// "Hey! Little ears are around!"
53.// "Please, don't cry..."
54.// "YOU PLAGIARIZING PIG!"
55.// "Since when did Disney add this?!
56.// "It only get's worse"
57.// "Oh crap..."
58.// "Please tell me that is not what I think it is."
59.// "What did you think I was doing?"
60.// "ALL HAIL ...!"
61.// "Now why did you do that?"
62.// "You have beautiful eyes."
63.// "Let's travel the world!"
64.// "I DON'T SPEAK FRENCH!"
65.// "Whatever happened to Joel?"
66.// "No way in, no way out."
67.// ""I will have my vengeance."
68.// "Grow up!"
69.// "I found the ring!"
70.// "We should run... like now!"
71.// "Can you please shut up?" "No."
72.// "I found that cliff..."
73.// "Are you sure that is safe to eat?"
74.// "I TOLD YOU TO GOOGLE MAP IT!"
75.// "Who died and made you queen?!"
76.// "Ich Sprechen Deustch"
77.// "Now wait a second, buster."
78.// "I would kill for you."
79.// "The greatest thing, is you."
80.// "I am a literary vampire."
81.// "A stake through the heart would kill anybody..."
82.// "Bon Jovi is my jam!"
83.// "Kiss me.. now."
84.// "I seem to have lost my contact."
85.// "TURN THE LIGHTS BACK ON!"
86.// "DON'T SHOOT!"
87.// "Oh no... he has a sword too."
88.// "Are you sure it's dead?"
89.// "Ummmmm..."
90.// "I can't write anything good."
91.// "We aren't in Hogwarts!"
92.// "Please, stay with me."
93.// "He's not breathing!"
94.// "I...love...yo-"
95.// "She's gone."
96.// "Sir, where are your pants?"
97.// "I can't even."
98.// "I believe in you."
99.// "What can I say... you're welcome."
100.// "The sea... it calls me."
Last edited by Aliria on Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ➼ one hundred one shots

Postby Aliria » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:54 pm

65.// "Whatever happened to Joel?"

"Whatever happened to Joel?" Lila asked. It was a stupid question. Many things had happened to Joel.

Since graduating high school, he had largely lost touch with his old friends, as, you see, this was a long time ago in the days before Facebook and texting and all those important things. Now, when the graduating class got back together, Joel was missing. He was not the only one. In the last ten years, a number of people had ended up in places where they simply could not make it to the reunion.

Tara was sick with a mild case of pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a lung disease caused by inhaling fine ash and sand. Bailey had moved to a small pacific island where any transportation other than small canoes was illegal, so there was no way to catch an airplane without getting a life sentence in jail. Thomas was being held captive in a castle in the small European country of Ficticioustein. There was a rumor going around that Sally had been eaten by a large angry plant last summer, but nobody was entirely sure.

The only person missing from the reunion without an excuse was Joel, and that was why he was not there. He would arrive eventually, but by that time, Lila, the one person he cared to see, would be gone.

You see, after leaving high school, Joel had decided to go on an adventure. Unfortunately for him, by that time, adventures were rather hard to come by, as humans had already settled most of the planet and had not yet developed easy access to any other planets. Eventually, Joel decided to become a pirate. Why, you may ask? Well, why shouldn't he become a pirate?

Becoming a pirate, however, is a rather difficult task. Joel bought a large boat and convinced an old dock worker by the name of Timotheos Modesto Queen, who currently resides in Ficticioustein, carving small canoes. However, he still needed to find a crew, for being a pirate on one's own is rather dull.

He decided on five people to invite to his pirate crew. Marcus, his best friend in kindergarten, who had moved to Ficticioustein the year after and Joel hadn't seen since. Greg, who worked at a gas station Joel used to visit occasionally, and probably didn't know Joel's name. Marissa, who rode the same bus as he did the year he was in seventh grade, and had very strong opinions about diplomacy with plants. Courtney, who had loudly professed her love for Joel in the middle of the street he year after he graduated, and then never spoke to him again, so Joel was still not sure if she had meant anything by it. And finally, Lila, his best friend throughout all of high school.

All of them accepted, except for Lila, as he could not find a way to contact her.

When Joel received the invitation to the reunion, he knew Lila would be there, and though the last year traveling the high seas as a pirate had been fun, he knew it would be more fun with her. Unfortunately, he was, at the time, rather busy being pursued by the police. It was a common hazard of being a pirate, and Joel was rather used to it, but the police did make attending a reunion a bit difficult.

This left Joel with only one reasonable option: invent a teleporter. Luckily, Courtney was very good at inventing things, and had a decent one built by the next morning. It was only nine o'clock, and the reunion didn't start until two o'clock in the afternoon, so Joel decided to take a break and read up on lung disease until time to leave.

At two o'clock precisely, Joel walked into the teleporter, and into the building where the reunion was being held. Unfortunately, Lila had walked out just before he arrived, as he had forgotten to calculate the time zone difference and arrived one hour late.

And there you have it, the story of whatever happened to Joel and why Lila is still not a pirate, no matter how much she would like to become one.

//ahaha this is so bad i'm so sorry you had to read it
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:11 pm

Ahaha this is amazing! I love your writing so much hehehe <3 <3
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:56 pm

I already said it earlier but I love your writing style. It's so whimsical and cute and fun to read. I can't wait for more!!!!
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucas. » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:50 am

ahhh aliria your writing is really beautiful and i seriously can't wait for more from you <3
lucas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:28 am

8.// "You can't leave! You'll die..."

Halcyon was bleeding.

It wasn't bad, she had tripped and cut her knee. The cut looked shallow, and would probably heal in a week or two.

Still, as Eos went to find a bandage, Halcyon could not look away from the scarlet blood. It stood out against her pale skin and the white tile of the floor. She could not think when she had last seen a color so bright. Most likely, it had been last time she got hurt.

As she wrapped the cut with the bandage Eos brought, Halcyon asked the older girl, "Do you think the colors are this bright outside?"

"Why does it matter?" replied Eos. "There's no need to wonder about outside."

"But why?" asked Halcyon, bordering on whining. Eos had always accepted what the Book said about outside, but Halcyon could not believe it was that dangerous. It simply didn't seem possible that they were the only people left alive on the planet. Surely if people were building a haven for the last of humanity, they could have found more than two people to put in it? What had happened to the people who built the enclosure? If humanity was that small, how did they find time to build such a high-tech shelter? It just didn't make sense.

Eos agreed that the Book didn't entirely make sense. However, bothering Halcyon to no end, she believed it was better to stay inside where it was definitely safe instead of going outside where it might be dangerous. She wouldn't even allow Halcyon to go outside on her own.

"You know what I think about this," said Eos, exasperated. "I'm going to bed. You should too."

Halcyon, of course, had no interest in going to bed. She sat in the corner, waiting until she was sure Eos was asleep. When she got too impatient to wait any longer, she found a bag and filled it with several changes of clothes, as much food as she could fit, and various other supplies she thought might be helpful for exploring the outside. Finally, she found a sheet of blank paper and wrote a short note to Eos saying she had gone outside and would hopefully return soon.

As Halcyon reached for the one door in the enclosure she had never opened before, she heard quiet footsteps behind her and looked up.

"What are you doing?" asked Eos quietly.

"Leaving," said Halcyon. "I've got lots of supplies, I'll be careful, and I'll come back as soon as I can."

Eos stepped toward her, looking concerned. "You can't leave! You'll die..."

"Maybe," admitted Halcyon. "But I might not."

The two girls, who had never been apart for more than a few minutes for their entire lives, looked at each other for a long moment.

"I'll miss you," said Eos.

"I'll miss you too," said Halcyon, opening the door. "See you soon, I hope."

She stepped into the bright sunlight, out of the one home she had ever known and away from her only friend.

They would never see each other again.

Probably.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me