[ iceland's witings ] ✒

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

[ iceland's witings ] ✒

Postby iceland. » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:15 am

Hello everyone and welcome to my writing thread. Here I will post my stories, poems and just anything I write that
        I like. Feel free to post your comments or critiques here. I do ask that you don't use my writings, and if you would
        like to please ask me as some I may not want to be used. thank you for reading this and I hope you enjoy my writing.
Last edited by iceland. on Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iceland.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iceland. » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:58 am

INDENCTSilhouettes of trees glow in the dark air of night. The scent of pines, thick, as it drifted through the silence. Stars danced and twinkled as they gazed down on the thick canopy of the pine forest. Ribbons of black streaked the sky as stars passed by, falling from their place in the vastness of the universe. Deep in the forest the sound of crickets and owl as they called to one another could be heard. But the peaceful sounds were interrupted by the deep growls and snarls of creatures as they stalked through the forest. They walked with light steps as their amber eyes scanned the darkness for their enemy. The moon was just starting to rise over the horizon casting a light silver shadow in the darkness. The creatures used this light to stalk in the shadows where the presence of light was absent. Their claws gripped the decaying ground as their hackles raised on their backs. Few of the creatures flashed their white fangs in the darkness. Tails hung low behind them as they walked proudly. Two of the creatures slunk in the shadows around the group as they kept watch on any moment or sound that the forest made. They watched for their enemies trying to catch them if they were to make an ambush. Soon the creatures with thick grey fur approached a small clearing, they entered it as if it were their home. Their bodies engulfed with silver light for the first time. Muscles flexed as they waited anxiously for their enemy to show themselves in the clearing. As they stood the sounds of crickets and birds ceased, only silence filled the air as the creatures ears strained to hear if there were footsteps in the distance. Finally after what seemed like hours the growls and snarls of the enemies could be heard from the shadows in the tree line. Both groups of wolves took their stances, the muscled tensed and bunched ready to attack. Teeth bared and fur bristled the canine’s eyes each other as they prepared to fight. Ears fell flat against their skulls as began to circle each other waiting for the others to slip up or make the first move. Amber eyes locked onto each other. The growls and snarls stopped and for a moment there was a thick silence. A loud bark of anger and a high pitched yelp broke the silence as a new metallic scent filled the air.
iceland.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [ aussiebear's witings ]

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:30 am

*slaps hand over mouth*
:o
Wow.
The imagery in your writing is /amazing!/

Wow I love this~!

I vhill be stalkink :twisted: <3
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [ aussiebear's witings ]

Postby iceland. » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:57 am

@ranger of the north, aww thank you. I appreciate that. Imagery writing is something that I am skilled at and that's probably what will be on this thread mostly.
iceland.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iceland. » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:27 pm

INDENTAs the sun set on the shimmering waves that rocked back and forth, clouds colored like fire drifted aimlessly in the sky. Frothy waves lapped the sandy shores of white sand beach, palm trees colored a rich emerald green swayed to and fro in the salt ocean air. The line that divided the now inferno colored water from the sunset sky seemed as if it could never be reached. The golden sun began to sink below that line it speared as if the ocean was swallowing the star. The last rays of light stretched into the sky giving the world a golden tint but soon that rich light faded and the silvery moon appeared from the water the sun had just sunk below. It light unlike the sun was cold it cast the world inn a silver shadow, white light danced on the waves. The huge sphere rose into the sky, the leaves on the trees no longer shined with gold but now with silver. The water that was once warm was now cold and dark. Below the surface the water looked like an eternal midnight. No from the soft moon pierced the dense water, the once tropical setting now looked like an elegant nightmare.

(not completely finished but i'm happy with it for right now)
iceland.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iceland. » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:33 pm

We all say that monsters don’t exist. The creatures with claws like knives and eyes like fire don’t hide under our beds. They aren’t waiting for us to sleep before they drag us away. Shadows don’t lurk in corners and nothing is tap tap tapping at your window. Perhaps they are right, those monsters don’t exist. However, I think they are alive, they walk the earth with us, inside us. They hide in the corners of our minds and wait until it is right for them rear their ugly faces and embrace us with a deadly hug. They hold on to us and keep us within ourselves as if a wall was built a wall not to keep them out, but they built a wall to keep us in. The cries for help echo in our minds, and the words that form in our mouths say “I’m fine, really.” our eyes show sadness and anger with ourselves but our face shows happiness, we play like nothing is wrong but if one were to take the time to look into our eyes you could see oceans within. My mind used to be bright, always thinking, imagining. Creating stories that weren't true but ones that I liked to believe were. Now I find myself staring blankly at a wall, wondering if anyone is watching me, I sit and think about everything I dislike about my appearance and wish I could change it. I think of everything wrong I’ve ever done and the choices I regret. I think of how unrealistic it is that people are judging and that what I say doesn’t matter, that my words are stupid and no one cares so why do I still feel that way. I think of stories to tell and things I could write but when my pencil is placed on paper and I begin to write I think of how terrible what I write is. When I raise my hand to answer a question, I think what if I’m wrong. I don’t want to be thought of as stupid and without command my hand lowers. These monsters of loathing appear without a notice and disappear again, many times without a trace. We feel like ourselves again, no longer playing a character in a play. Finally living our lives again. When we are lulled into believing the feelings have passed that the monsters will no longer be following and controlling us they appear again. Once more the cycle starts and I don’t want to move. I want to sit alone, in a corner by myself. At least then I can’t feel like I’m being watched.
iceland.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [ aussiebear's witings ] ✒

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:56 pm

Woah, that's really deep. I love it, omgosh! <3
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iceland. » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:31 pm

xxxxxx Metal screeched as blade met blade in a violent battle. Screams of anger and yearning for victory were like white noise in the blood-soaked field. The once pure earth now tainted with the essence of life lost. Where green once painted the land, only a crimson red was left. Leaves one laced with water droplets now dripped decaying life. The scent of fear, and the tanginess of blood thick in the air suffocating the already tired lungs of every knight. Muscles strained against muscle as adrenaline filled the veins of every fighter pushing each to the limit of exhaustion. The sun was beginning to set as fire danced in the sky. Brilliant vermillion red and sunburnt orange painted the sky like a watercolor painting free of any strokes. One fighter, a young lad with sandy hair, looked lost in the battlefield. He had no business fighting in a war meant to settle an old quarrel between two ancient houses. Unknowing of where to send his sleek blade next he swung it wildly around him causing reckless and useless damage to anyone in his path. His skin soaked in sweat and his eyes darted wildly around, parrying incoming blades and thrusting at unexpectant ones. It seemed the world would come to an end before the vile battle was over when everyone stopped and stared in a newfound fear within the thick tree line. The earth rattled and shook, feeling as if the ground would open up with the massive thud of the godlike reptile falling from the heavens. "Gods help us." the young lad whispered to himself. An eerie stillness overtook everything as everyone was paralyzed in awe and fear at the sight of the monster. The silence was broken by the blood curdling and deafening roar of the beast. Drool hung at the corners of the massive mouth with white fangs sharper and larger than any blade wielded in the battle. The creature's skin was thick as any armor, with wine red scales accented with obsidian. golden eyes stared angrily and hungry at the crowd. With a sudden inhale of the beast, everyone began running. looking for cover. a large volcanic rock jutted from the center of the field. the young man ran for his life pushing aside anyone who stood in his way. he reached the rock along with several strangers with a sigh of relief. With a look to the side another boy, younger than himself had tripped, the armor he wore was much too big for him weighing his small body down. The boy held his hand out looking into the young man's eyes mouthing the words 'help'. The sandy-haired lad reached his hand out to pull the child to safety when he suddenly reeled back. flames licked at the sides of the volcanic rock screams of agony and the putrid smell of burning flesh filled the air. The fire's heat caused everyone to writhe in pain as burns began to consume exposed skin leaving behind tracks of red and boiled skin. When the flames died down the boy the lad had tried to help lay still his body burned black and lifeless. The now dead child's arms and body contorted in pain as his face was frozen in fear. The young man began breathing heavily, the sight of the poor boy overtaking his chest. Yelling in anger he looked back to the dragon who stood like a god of the land, bits of fire dripped like water from its lips. With rage and revenge clouding any senses and feeling of pain, the boy ran with his blade outstretched yelling with a newfound purpose burning in his heart. 'Slay the beast', he thought as his legs continued him forward and his arms reeled back prepared to swing his sword.
iceland.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me