➳ Ethereal (a warrior cat CYO Adventure!)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

➳ Ethereal (a warrior cat CYO Adventure!)

Postby ossa di cervo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:41 pm

ethereal
extremely delicate and light in a way that seems too perfect for this world.

Hello! I have decided I need a way to keep myself writing and this seemed like the perfect solution! Ethereal will be a warrior cat choose your own adventure story! The rules are simple;

➳ this will be a first come, first choose. don't complain about the chosen outcome please.
    ➳ all of the usual Nick & Tess rules apply here, let's follow them.
    ➳ if you feel I haven't wrote anything in a while, please, PLEASE bug me! I repeat, DO bug me, haha. either a bump to this or a pm along the lines of, "so.. about ethereal.." don't let me forget about this!
    ➳ I'll add to this as I see fit.. though I doubt I'll need to.

Known WillowClan Cats!
Leader Froststar - a tom with light gray points and icy blue eyes.
Deputy Paleflower - a light she-cat with orange points and pale blue eyes. Hyper, talkative and all around good company.
Medicine Cat Raintail - a calico she-cat who's name she got from losing her tail to a fox. Raintail has a tendency to be rather rude and to the point, though she means no harm. She's snappy, rough pawed, and doesn't quite understand most jokes.
Medicine Cat Apprentice Pebblepaw - a tiny light grey she-cat. blind.

Warriors
Volepelt - dark brown tom. ➳ mentors Leafpaw
Gorsefoot - light orange tom with a twisted foot.
Oakfang - a dark orange, almost brown tom with wide shoulders and a square head named for his fighting ability.
Snowfoot - a white she-cat with great hunting skills.
Badgerclaw - a black and white tom.
Doestep - light brown she-cat with a white underbelly.
Bluestorm - a blue tom with silver-grey eyes an an abnormally long tail.
Ivycloud - a brown tabby she-cat with splotches of white. ➳ mentors Riverpaw
Fawnheart - light brown she-cat with a white belly and paws.
Nightleg - a pitch black tom with green eyes and a twisted front paw. ➳ mentors Hawkpaw
Stagstorm - a dark brown tom with wide shoulders. ➳ mentors Dawnpaw
Stormfeather - a pale silver she-cat with white paws.

Apprentices
Riverpaw - a pale blue she-cat with silver-grey eyes.
Leafpaw - small brown tabby she-cat.
Dawnpaw - an orange she-cat with splotches of white.
Hawkpaw - brown tabby tom missing a leg from a fox trap accident.

Queens & Kits
Foxtail - a light orange she-cat with a white chest and paws.
➳ unborn
Daisyheart - formally Ruby - a pale orange tabby she-cat.
➳ permanent queen ; not expecting

Elders
?

Known RavenClan Cats!
Leader Emberstar - a short furred tortiseshall she-cat with piercing gold eyes
Deputy Redleaf - a dark orange marbled she-cat
Medicine Cat Owlsong
Medicine Cat Apprentice ?

Warriors
Juniperear - silver she-cat
Bouldertail - dark brown long furred tom
Sheepface - black and white she-cat
Wrenheart

Apprentices
Eaglepaw - a dark brown tom with a white chest and deep brown eyes
Heatherpaw

Queens & Kits
-

Relationships
Badgerclaw & Snowfoot are parents of Ivycloud
Doestep & unknown are parents of Fawnheart, Stagstorm & Nightleg
Volepelt & Foxtail are mates
Stormfeather & Bluestorm are parents of Pebblepaw & Riverpaw
Daisyheart is mother to Leafpaw, Dawnpaw & Hawkpaw

Current Prophecy
"Wildlife will plot against you, trees will die and the rivers shall run dry. You must find the seasons to turn back time."

Prophecy Cats
Stagpaw (wildlife)
Oakfang (trees)
Redleaf (seasons)
Riverpaw (rivers)
Last edited by ossa di cervo on Fri May 26, 2017 11:55 am, edited 25 times in total.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➳ part one

Postby ossa di cervo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:09 pm

"Ravenstar, you mustn't!" hissed Rowanfang, a spectral tabby who sat next to the starry leader.

The black cat seemed not to hear the other's words for he simply paced back and forth without even a flick of his ears.

Rowanfang approached the other cat with an irritated flick of her tail, "Ravenstar, look, I know you just left them, but you must trust in Frostheart's decision!" Rowanfang knew that Frostheart was headed toward the Mooncave and she absolutely wouldn't stand for Ravenstar spilling something.

"I must, Rowanfang.. Soon he'll be Froststar and he needs to know what is to come if WillowClan is to survive." Ravenstar stopped pacing and approached the female, "Trust me, my dear."

The little spat between the two came to a quick end and soon they stood, surrounding Frostheart. Eight cats gave Frostheart eight lives before it was Ravenstar's turn. The spectral tom strode forward, "Frostheart, with this life, I give you the ability to trust your instincts and rely and your heart." Bowing his head the tom touched noses with Frostheart and the others watched as the new life coursed through the other tom from ear-tips to tail-tip.

Frostheart lifted his head and Ravenstar purred, "Welcome, Froststar." the seven others meowed in proud agreement before Ravenstar's face turned grim, "Froststar.. I have news.."

What is the prophecy that Ravenstar is about to give Froststar?!
      A. "Wildlife will plot against you, trees will die and the rivers shall run dry. You must find the seasons to turn back time." (a cat named after wildlife will be a traitor, a sibling named after a tree shall die and a cat who's name involves water will flee. the clan must find a cat named after a season in order to find the traitor.)
      B. "Fire is vicious, teeth like a lion, claws that tear. Find the blood of your blood." (a fire will destroy part of the clan's territory and froststar is tasked with finding a child of his child.)
      C. "From within darkness creeps, welcome the light from beyond the leaves, only it shall cure you of your nightmares." (a traitor is within the clan and only a group of strangers can save the clan.. only they've never been very keen with strangers.)
      D. "Danger is swift, it will strike the heart killing it in it's glory. Lion, Tiger, Leopard must work swiftly!" (a predator will sneak into the camp and kill a cat who's name ends in -heart, the medicine cat. cats who's names begin with lion, tiger, leopard and swift are the ones who have to bring the predator down.)
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ➳ Ethereal (a warrior cat CYO Adventure!)

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:16 pm

A!
This looks really cool :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➳ part two

Postby ossa di cervo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:10 am

"Wildlife will plot against you, trees will die and the rivers shall run dry. You must find the seasons to turn back time." Ravenstar spoke with an emptiness.. a spiritual sense flooded Froststar as he listened but when Ravenstar finished the tom began to panic.

Tail flicking frantically from side to side the grey pointed cat meowed, "Wait, Ravenstar, I don't understand! How can I find the seasons?"

Froststar's vision blurred and all he saw were the nine cats who had given him lives all standing in a semi-circle, slowly shaking their heads. Each time Froststar tried to speak it was as he were suffocating, drowning, falling.. he tried to frantically claw at the earth only to find that there was no earth beneath him.

Froststar woke with a jolt and bolted out of the Mooncave. The two warriors standing outside jumped, startled at their new leaders sudden appearance. They each tried to speak, but Froststar would have none of it and simply pushed forward, back toward camp.

When the leader and his two warriors entered camp the leader took a brisk look around.. somehow this new prophecy was going to play a part in his clan and he desperately needed to find the seasons, whatever that meant. Instantly, the tom decided he needed to visit the medicine cat..

"Volepelt.. Gorsefoot.." Froststar cast a glance at the two warriors who'd followed him to the Mooncave, "You are dismissed.. Thank you for coming with me while our medicine cat was tending to others." With a dip of his head the tom trotted to the medicine cat den without another word.

Who is the Medicine Cat?
      A. Hazelwing a dusty brown she-cat named after her first prophecy which involved a feather. The she-cat is very calm, collected and likes to think things over rather then rushing in head first.
      B. Twistedface a black tom cat with one white ear and a white tail tip he was named after his broken jaw he received while attempting to gather herbs on a cliff face. This tom is very strict and stubborn. He isn't very sympathetic and tends to take his ancestors for granted.
      C. Snakestripe a grey tabby named only for his pelt. This tom is light-hearted and enjoys the company of others over being alone. He's gentle, quick on his feet and extremely intelligent.
      D. Raintail a calico she-cat who's name she got from losing her tail to a fox. Raintail has a tendency to be rather rude and to the point, though she means no harm. She's snappy, rough pawed, and doesn't quite understand most jokes.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fg05281 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:26 am

I kinda like option D.
fg05281

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ossa di cervo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:29 am

Glad to have you guys around! I'm gonna start working on the next part now, I just wanted to say that I added a clan list at the top. Once we get down to picking more warriors and all that jazz I'll add a mentor and maybe romance list.

Back to writing that part for me!
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➳ part three

Postby ossa di cervo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:52 am

The medicine cat den was an old badger sett that sat between an ancient willow tree's roots.. luckily the clan had found it before the badger itself had managed to expand very far, so the den had two spacious burrows connected by wide tunnels. Froststar himself hated it down here, but the medicine cats had long learned to managed in the stuffy air and had dug out a few breathing holes in the roof where the sick cats stayed.

"Raintail?" Froststar called out as he trotted down the entry tunnel.

A groan could be heard from within, "What now, Froststar? I'm a little busy."

Froststar chuckled at Raintail's usual grumpiness and came to the she-cat's side. Doestep laid near the medicine cat's paws, her belly swollen. Raintail prodded gently at the queen's side, feeling around for squirming kits. The calico nodded to herself, "Three.." she muttered before turning her attention fully to the leader, "I reiterate, what do you want Froststar?"

Froststar flicked his tail, "I need to speak with you."

Raintail glared at the leader, "If it's about your trip to the Mooncave, I've told you before, we can't talk about it, so get." the she-cat was about to turn back to Doestep but she could sense that Froststar had no intention of leaving the den, "Fine, I'll come." Raintail muttered with a roll of her eyes.

The she-cat trotted to the very back of the den and gave Doestep a few borage leaves, muttered a few comforting words then moved to follow Froststar. The leader led the two to his own den; a massive tree who's roots had lifted the whole thing up allowing for a comfortable space to grow below. Froststar entered and turned to Raintail and with a hushed yet urgent tone muttered, "I received a prophecy.. Are we allowed to talk about that?"

Almost instantly Raintail was interested and she tilted her head, "I suppose that's worth mentioning. Yes, you can speak to me of that, but no one else. What was it and from who?"

"Ravenstar.. he said 'Wildlife will plot against you, trees will die and the rivers shall run dry. You must find the seasons to turn back time.' but how in StarClan am I supposed to find the seasons!?" Froststar's tail flicked in an irritated manner and he clawed at the soft earth under his paws.

Raintail took in a deep breath and shook her head, "We need time to think it over, Froststar, don't fret so hard. All prophecies take time." Not a split second later and sharp shriek pierced the air and Raintail's eyes shot wide open, "That's Doestep!" Raintail turned and sprinted from the den.

Froststar turned to follow only to have blinding white light flood his vision. He snarled lightly as he stumbled backward and saw something approach through the white light.. an.. animal?

What animal does Froststar see? (this will be an omen of sorts for the cat who's name is the wildlife in the prophecy)
      A. Wolf
      B. Stag
      C. Owl
      D. Bear
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:20 am

Option... B.
wow, that one was hard XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➳ part four

Postby ossa di cervo » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:39 am

A massive stag with antlers branching up into the sky approached Froststar, head lowered, one hoof raking the ground. The behemoth reared, emitted a deep bellow that shook Froststar to his very core and the leader of WillowClan stared at the thing with round, frightened eyes. The stag's hooves dropped and it instantly broke into a sprint, antlers coming at Froststar at a frighteningly quick pace. The tom attempted to flee only to find his paws glued to the ground. The moment the antlers should've collided with Froststar and broken him into a million pieces the world returned to the tom's sight and he was no longer confronted with the deer.

Taking a deep breath, Froststar swallowed the vision, promising to keep it in his head. Now that his paws could move again, he had something that needed tending to; Doestep.

Froststar dashed after Raintail, and skidded in the dirt as he turned down the medicine cat den. Doestep's agonizing cries could be heard all throughout camp but it was nothing compared to the echoes that were in Raintail's den. Froststar's ears instinctively pinned back against his head as he approached Raintail and Doestep.

The tom sat quiet in the background, ready to welcome the new kits into WillowClan once Raintail was sure that Doestep would be okay. It didn't take horribly long as Raintail was a veteran to the healing ways and soon Doestep was quiet and the innocent squealing of kits could be heard in the den. Froststar took that as his signal and paced up to the two.

Three kits sat in the curve of Doestep's belly while Raintail stroked them, feeling for any short or inconsistent breathing, "What shall you name them, Doestep?"

Doestep purred loudly, licking each kit's tiny head, "That one," she gestured to the kit who's pelt was the same color as her own with tiny white paws, "shall be named Fawnkit. The little black tom.. I'll call him Nightkit." Doestep curled her tail around the last kit, the largest of the trio with a dark brown pelt and white underbelly like his mother, "This shall be Stagkit."

Froststar nodded gently, purring softly, "They're beautiful, Doestep and they'll make great additions to WillowClan."

"Yes, yes, gorgeous, but you need to move back to the nursery now and you," Raintail turned her impatient glare on Froststar, "need to go get some sleep and think about who you'll name your deputy by tomorrow's sundown. Thank StarClan you left so late to receive your lives or you'd have to name one now."

The leader of WillowClan swallowed hard, he'd completely forgotten about that! Digging his claws into the dirt, he nodded, "Right." he turned to Doestep and swiped his tongue over her head, "Good luck, Doestep. I'm sure you'll hear me tomorrow from the nursery." Froststar turned away from the new queen and trotted out of the medicine cat den.

In the moonlight Froststar gazed around camp; most cats were awake now thanks to Doestep's shrill cries but he did notice that they were all turning back into their dens once more. Who would be his new deputy..? Froststar sighed lightly, being a leader, he thought, would be simply.. how wrong he was and it was only night one. The tom trotted to his own den and curled his tail over his nose, quickly drifting into a slumber with the thoughts of the new day fresh on his mind.

Who will Froststar name deputy tomorrow?
      A. Birchclaw - a brown tom with a slight aggression problem. The oldest of the possible choices. (if chosen this would make Doestep his mother and he would eventually die.)
      B. Whiteriver - a pure white she-cat named for an event in which she saved three kits from a river. Very motherly and often a little too soft. (if chosen she would eventually abandon the clan in fear of Stagkit)
      C. Paleflower - a light she-cat with orange points and pale green eyes. Hyper, talkative and all around good company. The youngest of the possible choices.
      D. Foxwhisker - a bright orange tom named for his hunting prowess. Mature, loyal and honest though he tends to freeze under pressure.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me