My book- Sunset Rise

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

My book- Sunset Rise

Postby asexual pirate;; » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:53 am

My book I'm making, accepting comments, both good or bad. I'm only on chapter one though.

Chapter 1~
Luna

Luna stretched and yawned as the Pack started to wake up for morning duties. She stalked out of the Hunter’s den and padded up to the Alpha female and Alpha male, who were sorting hunters into groups to find food for the pack. Luna was leading the Hunters to the farthest part of the territory, to hunt moose, she would be gone for days.
“Hey, Sis!” A voice called from across the clearing.
Gomda, She groaned inwardly. He’s probably coming on the Hunt.
Gomda strode across the clearing with a wide, cheesy grin on his face.
Luna suppressed a sigh. “You coming?”
“Yup.” Gomda said smugly, then frowned. “Who’s the lead?”
“I am.” Luna replied, her blue eyes indescribable to her glare.
“Who else is coming?” Gomda asked, curiously.
“ Asteria, Breeze, and Shadow.” Luna informed him.
Gomda sighed. “Great, all my sis’s are coming, and my friend.”
Luna growled. “Yes, your friend.”
Two of them, both act the same.
It was true, the two friends always got into trouble together and were friends since pup hood. It would be terrible to have them both on the Hunt.
“Then, let us go.” Gomda said, glancing at Luna, waiting for the signal.
Luna glared at him and perked her ears, followed by her hackles raising and the Hunt-Howl. She turned and loped out of camp, heading for the marshes at the edge of the territory. The rest followed her howl as they loped after her, noses to the ground and long legs striding over the ground.

Luna strode towards the marshes, the group had slowed down significantly, and they were only half-way to the marshes.
“We’ll rest here for the night.” She announced, turning to face the wolves.
“Good choice.” Asteria agreed through a massive yawn.
“Slackers.” A voice came through the trees, Ryan was watching them with contempt.
Luna whirled to face the obnoxious wolf with blazing blue eyes. “You want to come? I can make you.” It was true, Luna was the highest in the hunting group and slightly more powerful than a Fighter.
Ryan’s eye widened in fear. “Oh, no, no.” He said. “I’d rather go home.”
Luna snarled. “Go home then.” Ryan turned and loped away.
“Good job.” Shadow said, her eyes were blazing. “He’s so annoying.
Luna agreed with a nod. “He is, Lightning stayed, right?”
“Yup, he still has to stay at camp, he might not hunt again…”
Luna heaved a sigh. “He was one of the best hunters.”
The conversation did not continue as the wolves settled down into sleep.
Luna was awakened at the crack of dawn by Breeze. She blinked and yawned, standing up. Shadow was sniffing around the edge of the trees, claiming she could scent a moose trail, fresh, and a old moose at that, easy prey and delicious food.
Luna let Shadow lead, the sun had risen to the center of the sky by the time they reached the marshes, which was told by paws sinking into water and mud. Shadow perked her ears towards the bushes as a moose called out, but it sounded fresh and young, a female. Not prey.
The day continued on slowly. Shadow continued to follow the trail, when a bull moose burst out of the bushes, an old one.
“That one!” Shadow howled, giving chase, just after Luna.
Asteria came up from no where and leapt at the throat, producing a gash. Luna and Breeze attacked the sides and Shadow leapt for the feet. Gomda bit into the nose and started to pull downwards. Shadow moved to the front feet and tackled the legs, sending the moose face-first into the water. Luna released a powerful bit and jumped away to go and help Asteria with the neck, to successfully pull and choke the moose.
Asteria released her harsh grip for a second, moving to a better choking spot. The moose coughed and staggered down. Shadow sprung away with a snarl as the moose nearly squished her beneath its staggering weight. The moose made a choking sound as its eyes rolled up and its breathing stopped.
“Great!” Luna panted, haven given away her hold on the neck.
Luna tossed her head up and howled her thanks. Asteria, Breeze, Gomda, and Shadow joined her howl.

Two days passed and they were back at the original spot they camped, the moose had been hard to drag all the way here and the group was taking a breath. The moon was high, but they could not risk to let the meat rot. Each rest had been near a water source so they could keep the moose in chilled water so not to rot.
“Where close.” Asteria panted in unison with Gomda and Breeze.
“Thankfully.” Luna said, as Shadow strode to her side.
“Finally.” Shadow added.

It was morning by the time they reached camp. The camp greeted them thankfully, and the Alphas strode forward to eat. The Alphas always ate first, then the Hunters, then Fighters, and then the Pups.
Luna indulged in the fresh meat hungrily, as did Asteria and Breeze. Shadow and Gomda ate their share slower. The fighters took most of the rest.
“Gross.” Luna commented to Breeze and Shadow, watching them pig down on the moose.
“Disgusting.” Breeze agreed.
“Do we have to watch them?” Shadow groaned.
“No.” Breeze and Luna growled, walking away from the mess. “They can clean their own mess up.”
“Phew.” Shadow said, walking away with them. “How ‘bout a swim?”
“I’ll go with that.” Breeze nodded, while Luna thought about it.
“Come on.” Shadow nudged her. “It’ll be fun.”
“Fine, I’ll go.” Luna sighed.
Shadow and Breeze led her away into an aspen grove. A glistening pond stretched out through the center of the aspens. And below the water, fish lurked, flicking away with a flash of a silver fin. Breeze gave a mischievous smile and shoved Luna. Luna stumbled and barely caught herself from falling into the water, but Shadow came up and gave her a gentle poke, followed by a shove that sent Luna underwater.
“Hey!” Luna gasped for air as she surfaced. “What was-” She broke off when she didn’t see either Shadow or Breeze. “Okay, where are you?”
A splash made her turn around, both Shadow and Breeze were on the other side of the pond. Their faces were full of grins as they jumped in a stroked towards Luna.
“What’s up, frowny?” Breeze asked.
“Oh, nothing’.” Luna replied, her face breaking into a smile as she dived below water. She came back up with a massive splash that sent Shadow’s paws underwater. Shadow raised her paws up and sent a curtain of water up that drenched Breeze’s head. Luna laughed, diving under and shoving Breeze with her head. Breeze tumbled through the water and came back up with a grin, showering both the sisters with a shower of water.
“Hey!” Shadow protested. “Not fair.” She ducked underwater with a last sentence, “This is, though!”
“Oh!” Luna exclaimed and vanished underwater, paddling under and going to the back side of Breeze.
Shadow gave her a little nod underwater and they both exploded upwards, a shower of water trailed behind them, drenching poor Breeze even more. “Not fair!” He cried. “I am leaving you guys!”
“Not if I’m here!” Gomda announced, moving gracefully into the lake.
Shadow and Luna glanced at each other and jumped clean out of the water, sending a ripple and splash across the pond, also soaking Gomda.
“Awe!!” He cried. “Out of here, Breeze!”
“I’m coming!” Breeze cried, stroking towards him, when he reached the shore, he shook himself off and the two friends ran off.
Just then, a wail called through the forest and Gomda’s and Breeze’s head pooped back into view. “What was that?”
Luna didn’t reply, instead, she walked away towards the wail. Shadow followed. The bushes were rustling. “Is that….” Shadow trailed off. “A wolf pelt?”
“Where?”
“In the bushes.”
“Oh,” Luna said, seeing a green pelt laying in the bushes. “Hello?”
A groan answered her.
“You okay?” Shadow asked.
Another groan.
Luna padded forward until she could nose the wolf. Then raised her head in a Help-Howl. Howls greeted hers, someone would come in a few minutes.

Chapter 2~
Donoma

Donoma stood suddenly as she heard the sounds of the Help-Howl. “Queer!” She yelled. “Rain, War!”
The three wolves came running up. “Yes?” They said in unison.
“I want you to find where the Help-Howl came from.” She paused, before adding, “Help this time.”
The three wolves nodded unhappily before running off.
“Mom! Warn’s being mean!” Donoma turned to see Danu running away from an annoying Warn.
“No! She’s being mean!” Warn argued.
Donoma sighed. “How about this-”
“What?” They both broke in.
“-You both stop, now.”
The two pups pouted. “Fine.”
Donoma shook her head and started pacing, waiting for the wolves to come back. She sat down and rapped her tail neatly in front of her paws, studying the locust trees around camp. The huge tree’s leaves were starting to change to a crisp golden, some had fallen already. Donoma frowned, she would have to start a group to clean those up. She looked up as the wind blew and leaves fell like snow falling on a harsh winter day. Her smile came back as she watched Warn and Danu play-fight.
They were doing it the right way, they had made a lopsided circle in the middle of their path. They both would circle each other, when one made the move to the center, the other would join, and they would fight. Then, the two would break apart with a few stumbles and continue the Fight.
“Mother!” Warn complained as his sister pinned him to the ground in the center. “I’m the winner! Right?”
Donoma shook her head, resisting the laugh building up inside of her. “Sorry, Danu pinned you in the middle, she’s the winner.”
“Aw-” Warn broke off as wolves came into the clearing, Queer, Rain, War, Breeze, Shadow, Gomda, Luna, and a new wolf braced between Luna and Shadow.
The wolf was a she-wolf with deep blue eyes and a green, leafy pelt that was flecked with turquoise. The wolf was limping on her left front paw, and Donoma could see why. Blood flecked the soft green paws, continuously running to form a trail on the ground behind her.
Queer, Rain, and War were lowering their heads, like they knew they were in trouble for not helping the… Drenched Hunters helping the she-wolf into camp and towards an empty den to sleep in.
Luna came up to her after they settled the new wolf down into a soft bed of furs. “She said her name is June, she used to be called Leaf, and wishes to be called that.”
“Do you know where she came from, not Moon Pack?” Donoma asked, head cocked to the side.
“No…” Luna trailed off before picking up her voice. “She said she came from some where called a… Zoo.”
“Zoo?” Echoed Donoma.
“Yes, you-you will have to talk to her.” Luna stammered, blue-tipped ears flattening to her wet head.
“How did you find her?”
Luna explained about the pond, then finding Leaf.
“Mmmm.” Donoma said. That explained the wet fur.
“Where is Asteria?” Luna asked.
“Went out to hunt rabbits.” Donoma replied.
“I’ll go to.” Without an answer, Luna turned and loped out of camp.

“Ryan! Queer! War! Gomda!”
Donoma woke the next morning to Flame calling for the four wolves.
She stretched and yawned, padding out of her den to see what was going on.
“I want you four to check the border with Moon Pack.” he spat the word like foul meat. “To see if they have been crossin the border, again.”
The wolves nodded and raced away, Ryan pushing his way recklessly to the front, though Donoma doubted her knew the way to the Moon Pack border.
A coughing sound turned her head to the den where Leaf was, and she remembered to talk with the she-wolf about her history and ask her if she wanted to join the pack. For now, she would go out with Luna, Asteria, and the rest of the hunters not out at the border and hunt.

They came back that day with nothing, everything had moved to hide that day with dark clouds in the horizon and a frosty wind biting the wolve's camp.
Last edited by asexual pirate;; on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

My previous username was better version.

ImageImage

dragons for sale
asexual pirate;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: My book- Sunset Rise

Postby asexual pirate;; » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:14 am

:D

ImageImage

dragons for sale
asexual pirate;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: My book- Sunset Rise

Postby asexual pirate;; » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:33 am

Added some more, please comment.

ImageImage

dragons for sale
asexual pirate;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me