My Writing Thread ♪♪

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

My Writing Thread ♪♪

Postby Queenxz » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:10 pm

My Writing Center!

This is where I'll be posting all my short stories, challenges and other writing pieces! Currently I'm working on the 100 One-Shot Challenge, which you can read about below! I'll update/delete/change my current challenge whenever I start a new one : ) Although you will be able to you will be able to read all my past challenges, because, I'm not removing all that stuff (plus, I'll probably enjoy all of the work!

╔═══════════════════════════════╗
Guidelines;
-Minimum of 750 words (luckily there isn't a maximum!)
-Do themes in order
-It can be fanfiction or just original writing
(well, it's all original, just like... Nevermind, you probably get it.
-No time limit!!

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

I see you've stumbled upon my writing for the 100 One-Shot challenge! The original thread is here ---> bloop. And I'll be working off of this prompts for the next little while, to fuel and feed my muse ^^.

Prompts; (Strike when finished)
Injured/Sinking/Father/Exploit/Boredom/Art of Conversation
Take your Best Shot/Creativity/Flash/Puzzling Words/Ill
Skeleton/Nothing/Servitude/Possibilities/Weightless
Just Say It/Last Words/Immature/Blazing/Help
Presence/Because/Forced/Reversed/Cast Away
Emotions/Questions/Wishing/Crackling/Curl Up
Together/Look Again/Brief/Space/Special/Jinx
Stop Fussing/Cozy/Breaking/Either Or/Tell Me a Story
Waiting/Willpower/Who Am I?/Idol/Unseen/Just Try
For Me?/My Choice/Useful/Treasure/Ceremony
Lightning/Protection/Stay With Me/Mint/Rescue
Dominant/Thief/Deserter/Stolen/Sarcasm/Darling
How Much is Too Much?/Over/Try Again/Hidden/Forgotten
The First Time/Aging/Soldiers/Justice/Tread Carefully
One False Step/Connection/Mess/It Can't Be/In Due Time
Awake/Delicious/Fallen/Trickery/Around the Bend
Well Traveled/Choices/Surplus/Rough/If/Friend/Found Not Lost
Spiral/Deep/I Could Have/Desirable/Resentment/Build Up
Inch by Inch/Dilemma /Blue Sky

Last edited by Queenxz on Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Queenxz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Injured // 3:37 AM

Postby Queenxz » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:23 pm

It was 3:37 AM exactly when my phone started ringing. I wiped my
eyes on the back of my hand and saw it was Nate, my boyfriend,
calling me. I groaned and brought the phone up to my ear. "Babe,
what is it? It's too early for this." There was a lot of static and I
could hear Nate groaning and trying to talk, but it wouldn't go
all the way through. "Nate?! Where are you? I can't hear you." I
said, immediately worried. Nate tried talking again, but all that
registered were groans of pain and the sounds of cars driving away.
'Oh my god. What is going on." I thought to myself. I tried to project
the same question to Nate, but the call was ended before I could.
"Crap!" I exclaimed, hitting the pillow beside me. I opened up the phone
Injured
Word Count: 1130
Warning: Mild mention of violence
Fanfiction (Omaha boys/Nate Maloley)

app once again and brought up Sammy's phone number. The phone rang a few times and I prayed that he would answer. Finally, Sammy answered the phone, reluctantly at that. "Ugh, Jess! What do you want?! I'm trying to sleep." He mumbled into the receiver, still half asleep. "Sam! Have you seen Nate?" I asked frantically. "Uh, not recently. Why?" He asked, yawning. "Because, he just called me and it kept cutting out and he was like, groaning and stuff. He sounded in pain." I explained, getting out of bed and starting to pull on my shoes. Sammy muttered a few profanities under his breath, and groaned. I could hear him getting out of bed and rustling around in his drawers. "What? What is it?" I asked, desperate for an answer. "I'm coming to get you. I know where he is." Sammy said, slamming his door behind him. "Well, where is he?!" I demanded. "I'll explain on the way there. Just, get ready, okay? And quickly." Sammy said before hanging up the phone. I quickly threw on my jacket and left the house, quickly locking the door behind me. I sat on the front steps, waiting for Sammy to drive up. A few minutes later, he sped up the street and stopped in front of the house. "Get in!" Sammy yelled. I quickly ran over to the passenger door and got in. Once I was in, Sammy quickly sped down the street. 'He's probably woken up everyone else on the street by now, being so loud and all.' I thought to myself, as a few of the lights of the nearby houses lit up. "Sammy, where is he?" I asked, turning to look at him. "He's, um, at the old junkyard." Sam replied quietly. "Why the hell is he there?! He knows how dangerous it is! Does it just want to risk his life?" I asked almost yelling. I couldn't contain myself. There has been lots of past crimes that have been happening there and it's known for it's bad reputation. "The new producer wanted to meet there, we just assumed that they didn't know that it was such a dangerous place. Now I'm thinking otherwise." Sammy replied, taking a hard turn into downtown. Although it was early, the streets still had many cars driving around. "...What are you thinking?" I asked hesitantly. "That it was, uh, some bad guys that wanted to hurt him." Sammy said, delicately. "Why would anyone want to hurt Nate? He's done literally nothing to deserve this." I complained, sitting on the edge of the seat, looking around for the next turn. "There are other people in the business about his new found success." Sammy explained, before turning once again. It was obvious that I wasn't going to be getting anything else out of him, mostly because he was as clueless as me, so I stopped asking. I pulled out my phone, and tried calling Nate once again. It rang and rang and rang until it came to the voicemail. I let out a sob, but then brought my hand up to my mouth to muffle the cries. Sammy looked over at me, and put his hand on my shoulder. I looked over at him, tears brimming my eyes. "We'll find him, don't worry." He said, rubbing his hand comfortingly. I nodded and let the tears fall down. I can find him, no, we will find him. We have to find him. I don't know what I'll do if we don't find him. Or what if we do find him, but, he isn't okay. I can't lose him. Nate is my rock, he's what keeps me grounded, and I don't think that I'll be able to survive without him. Finally, we pulled into the junkyard, and I saw Nate's phone lying near the entrance, beat up to the point where you could barely tell that it was his, aside from the fact that it had his case on it. The case that had the picture that we took on our sixth month anniversary. I picked up the battered phone and put it in my pocket before I started looking for him. "Skate!" Sam yelled out, hoping that Nate would return the call. "Nate!" I shouted, my voice wavering. I heard a faltering voice yell out a delicate "Sammy," and I quickly ran towards his voice. Sammy followed me and we found Nate's beat up body laying near the bottom of the pile of dirt. I ran over to him, and started looking over his body to see what was hurt. He had a few cuts and bruises on his face, but, the rest of him seemed okay... Other than the bone that was threatening to pierce through his leg. I gasped, causing Nate to open his eyes once again. "Lil' mama?" He croaked. "It's me, baby." I replied, placing my hand delicately on his cheek. "I'm so glad that we found you." Sammy said, walking up behind me. Nate nodded, and then started sitting up. I helped him as much as I could, but then Sammy came and pulled Nate up to his feet. Nate breathed in quickly, the pain from his leg unbearable. Nate muttered multiple profanities, but then leaned against Sammy. "Let's get you to a hospital bud, and on the way you can tell us what happened." Sammy said, helping Nate waddle along back to the car. "Yea." I choked out, tears falling down my cheeks once again. "Why are you crying lil' ma?" Nate asked, getting Sam to stop walking. "I'm just, I'm just so glad that you're okay. I thought that I had lost you." I cried, wiping the tears from my cheeks. "You'll never lose me." He replied pulling me into his chest. "Come on guys. You're pretty injured and we need to get you help." Sammy said, wiping a few stray tears that he had...
Last edited by Queenxz on Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Queenxz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Sinking // Serum

Postby Queenxz » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:34 pm

The water hit my toes and that's when I knew I was in trouble. Now,
this was definitely a metaphor, or something, because I knew very
well that there was no water hitting my toes. In fact, there was
nothing touching my toes, other than the darkness that crept over
the night sky. Although I knew that there was no way that there
could be water in my bedroom, I could still feel its embrace course
slowly higher up on my body. I tried to calm myself, thinking it was
just an anxiety attack, but that seemed to make the "water" rise quicker.
I started to panic, not knowing what to do. I could feel the water around
my throat. I realize now that panicking may not have been the wisest
idea. I sat up in my bed and looked around to see if anything else was
affected by this sensation. Maybe it wasn't even a sensation at all,
but perhaps legitimate water rising throughout the entirety of the room.
Sinking
Word count: 971

Of course, nothing else looked wet. In fact, it looked as though it hadn't even seen water before. The water, that had seemed to stop rising as I looked around, started crawling up to my chin. I could feel it slip over my lips, into my open mouth. It was now that I realized it wasn't water that was covering me, but some other liquid. It was warming, and surprisingly sweet. The liquid kept pouring into my mouth, and I swallowed, hungry for the delicate taste. My body calmed, and I let it seep over the rest of my body. The liquid I swallowed made me feel like a rock. A rock that was sinking to the bottom of the ocean. I should've been terrified, if I knew what was going to happen. I let go of the bed sheets that I clung to with my life, causing my body to immediately shoot downwards to whatever was down there. I tried to scream, but voice wouldn't come up. I tried to move, but my body was paralyzed. Finally, once my body had decided that I had sunk enough, and I hit the hard surface beneath me was I able to move. I began to swim towards what looked like an opening. I swam over it, and pulled myself. Boy do I wish that I hadn't. "Hello dearie." A hoarse voice called. Being my naive self, I called out to the voice. "Hello?" I asked, moving around to where the voice had seemed to come from. "It's seems as though we have finally been able to reach you." The voice called again, although it sounded much softer than before. "What do you mean reach me?" I asked cautiously. The voice answered with a chuckle, and finally I found where they were standing. They stood before a computer screen, with monitors that seemed to be pointing all around my room. They turned around, and I was faced with the most horrible thing that I think I have ever experienced. It looked like the product of a child's nightmares. In fact, it looked like the product of MY nightmares. It's tentacle was hanging out of the bottom of it's jacket, but was quickly sucked back up when they noticed me staring."So, now you're here." It said. "Yea... Why am I here?" I asked nervously. "You've been a very important in our new experiment. The sink experiment," It started, "although, I wouldn't call it an experiment, but more, a serum." 'So they're making something that makes people feel as though they are sinking, why did they need to look like my worst nightmare or use me?' I thought to myself, looking around the room. Placed around the room were pictures of me growing up, my "lost" toys, locks of my hair and other miscellaneous things of mine from over the years. "What is the point of the serum?" I asked, "And why do you look like the monster that haunted me as a child?" "I look like this, because that's who I am. I inserted myself into your dreams, although they were never intended to become nightmares. I'm only here to help, along with everyone else. We are the guides. We show when we are supposed to lead someone into the next life." It explained. "But, I don't understand. If you are only supposed to show up when we're supposed to pass, why have I seen you all my life? Ever since I was four years old you've been following me. Whether that be in dreams, or out of the corner of my eye." I said. "That's the thing. I've been trying to guide you away all your life. You've fought against me, but I've finally found a way to get to you. Hopefully it will work on the others." It replied. "So what you're saying is that, I'm not supposed to be living and breathing anymore? I was never supposed to?" I asked. "No, and now that I have you I think it's time that we take you. Are you ready?" It asked, pulling out a small tablet. Before I could refuse the tentacle had hit my back, causing my mouth to open. Quickly it stuck it's hand down my throat, forcing me to swallow the tablet. Once again I was emerged in the warm feeling of the delicate liquid. My body went relaxed once again, and when I opened my eyes, everything was bright. I could see the creature standing in front of me, holding out it's hand. I grabbed on, and somehow we walked towards the end. In the final stretch, it let go of my hand, and gave me a gentle shove into the abyss. "May your sink be ever graceful..." I heard it whisper before everything went numb...
Last edited by Queenxz on Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Queenxz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Father // What Were You Thinking?

Postby Queenxz » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:18 pm

I grabbed my bag and slammed the door. I continued pulling my coat
over my shoulder as I ran towards the car. Why did he have to get
himself in trouble once again? My dad was a gambler, not in the sense
of money and cards, but more so, gambling his life. He's what you would
call a thrill seeker, or a daredevil. He hasn't always been like this, but when
my mother died, he lost his common sense. The weeks following her death he
lost everything. His job, his friends, and almost the house. He spiraled into
depression, and then eventually he found his way of coping. Doing death defying
acts. He started with just sky diving, which is fine, because it was always
tandem, so I didn't have to worry. But then that eventually bored him, and
he started bungee jumping. And now were here, with him tight rope walking,
Father
Word count: 804

between sky-scrapers. He's never been in too much danger, until tonight. The call chilled me to my core. "Hello? Is this Jessica Lee? I'm sorry to inform you that there has been an accident. Your father seems to have fallen off of his tight rope. I'm not sure what he was doing up there, but, he's been seriously injured. You seem to be the only person in contact with him at the moment. Please, the moment you get this message, come to the hospital. We are on the way there now." I hadn't even picked up the phone when they had called. By the time I got it, it had been 20 minutes. I never got a follow up call, I don't know how he is. I don't know if he's stable, or even alive for that matter! I drove for the thirty minute drive to the hospital, frantically. He has to be alive, he just has to. I don't know what I'll do if I lose him too. I don't have anyone else. My dad is the last member of the family that I'm still in contact with. All the others have abandoned us after my mom. They said that I reminded them too much of my mom, and they wouldn't be able to look at me without crying, or remembering the days when she was still alive. The second I pulled into the hospital parking lot, I threw myself out of the car and towards the entrance. I ran up to the front desk and demanded for his room number desperately. "Honey, please, calm down. You're going to scare the others who are waiting." The lady cooed, before going through her computer to find his room. "Please, I need to know his room number. I need to know that he's okay." I cried, gripping the counter so hard that I was scared that my fingernails would all crack. "He's in room 84, but darling, please, be careful..." She said gently. I quickly started running down the hallway to his room, dodging everyone that I ran past. When I finally got to his room, I realize he was in the ER. I slowed down and walked into his room, terrified to what I'd see. Surprisingly, he was awake, but that seemed to be the only good news. I quickly read his overview before going into his sight. The overview stated that he was now paralyzed below the waist and in a deep sense of shock. I hung the back on the door, and then walked over to him. The florescent lights ahead fluttered a bit before going back to their steady haze. I walked over and sat down beside the bed. "Dad? It's me, Jessica..." I said quietly, placing my hand on his arm. "Hey, princess." He said, smiling at me. "Are you okay? What were you thinking?" I asked sternly. "The doctors said that I just survived, and I was extremely lucky. I don't know what I was thinking. I should've known better than to go walking in the middle of the night." He said, looking down towards his legs. "I'm so glad you're okay," I said, looking down at this legs, "what does this mean? Are you still going to be able to work? Or should I get another job?" "No, don't worry about that. I'll be able to work. There are elevators and I'll just be sitting at a desk." He replied, grabbing onto my hand, reassuringly. "Gosh, I'm just so glad that you're okay. I don't know what I'd do if I lost you too." I cried. "Don't worry, princess, you won't be getting rid of me that easily." He laughed, wiping away the tear that had fallen down my cheek. I smiled and leaned into his hand. "I love you, dad." I whispered. "I love you too." He replied, and then started falling asleep once again...
Queenxz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me