// ⬣ FRAME OF MIND [ completed ]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Weird and Boring Story eh?

Not at all :3
29%
areyoukiddingmeiloveit
57%
Kinda :P
14%
Yeah
No votes
I didn't like it
No votes

Total votes : 7

// ⬣ FRAME OF MIND [ completed ]

Postby Asherwy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:40 pm

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

ello, this is Asherwy and here's a short story I'm writing, yep. My inspiration came from
the song titled 'Frame of Mind' by Tristam and Braken. It would be great if you could
listen to the song as well, it's one of my favourites. So if you're going to read this little
story of mine, I just want you to know that I'm extremely grateful to you for taking the
time to have a look. If you are going to read it then I would really appreciate any
comments you guys have on this short story, especially critiques. A few of you might
know me from a previous story called 'Kree.' I just want to let you know that this story
is going to be significantly different from that in terms of, well, everything, haha. That
aside I hope that you readers enjoy this little piece! Thank you! ;3

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

PG-13
Fiction/Action

Luke had an accident, damaging his brain in the process. He's being kept in a mental hospital
until his condition somewhat stabilises. The event had stripped away any moral values he used
to have. Now he'll stop at nothing to find proper closure for his confused memories and his
friends will watch over him no matter what. Even if it means being estranged from society.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

one
Just a Little Accident
two
Room 139
three
Another Grudge
four
Scarlet Sky
five
Brothers...?
six
Goodbye Marilyn.
seven
It's not the first time
eight
Yeah, His Name's Luke
nine
Poor lil' Lucky
ten
Why did you Intervene?
eleven
Greg, shhh.
twelve
Wake up.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Luke Crescent male - 14 years old - main character
Greg Patterson male - 47 years old - main character
Derek Hoots male - 14 years old - main character
Fynn Shredder female - 14 years old - main character
Ricky Crescent male - 10 years old - supporting character
Jonathan Crescent male - 45 years old - supporting character
Natsuko Crescent female - 40 years old - supporting character

ps. to those of you waiting on the sequel to kree, i'm sorry but i haven't had the muse for it so this is kind of a break thing from it until my muse returns, so sorry ;m;
Last edited by Asherwy on Sun May 10, 2015 10:00 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Asherwy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FRAME OF MIND [ one ]

Postby Asherwy » Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:51 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Will you cut it out?"

Luke laughed, jabbing his brother in his side while their parents engaged in a conversation about how irresponsible Aunt Minnie was. Ricky squealed and head-butted his back, causing him to collide with his mother. Throwing a stop it or else look at both of them over her shoulder, she continued to complain how Minnie's daughter was extremely spoiled, being given almost every little thing she asked for just because her family was rather rich.

Luke couldn't argue, she was an annoying brat who would scream and wail if she didn't get what she wanted. Not to mention that she was an only child, which meant that the term 'sharing' was practically alien to her. Both he and Ricky agreed that if they had to spend another minute around her with their other cousins, they would no doubt lose their hearing.

The brothers grinned in fake sheepishness and continued to shove each other about. They had just returned from a family lunch and Grandpa Fred looked crippled and happy as always. Grandma Kyouka was her usual self as well, quiet, petite and well-mannered. Aunt Minnie and Uncle Bernie were his mom's siblings, their spouses being Mr. Florence and Rika-san.

Aunt Minnie's real name was Minako Florence, Uncle Bernie's real name was just Brent Fritz. Grandpa Fred and Grandma Kyouka both agreed alternate between Japanese and English names when they had his mom and her siblings. His mom was the youngest of the three and they named her Natsuko, his dad's name was Jonathan Crescent.

He had a happy family if he said so himself, though everyone knew Aunt Minnie married Mr. Florence because he had the money she wanted. It's kind of sad because Mr. Florence actually really loved Aunt Minnie and he's fine as long as she's by his side, though Luke knew that he would love it if Aunt Minnie felt the same way he did. Uncle Bernie and Rika-san on the other hand, were like the perfect couple.

They had this way of communicating without saying anything and it was quite refreshing to watch, both of them were the most sweetest people he knew, and their children were equally kind-hearted. Yuka, Arata and Chouko were all great to be around since they hardly complained and never picked fights. Whatever Uncle Bernie and Rika-san did to raise them, they certainly did a job well done.

Yuka was just a year older than Luke and she was already extremely mature on so many levels. Arata was a cool guy and he was just a year younger than him. His jokes were hilarious and he seemed to have this way of making anyone laugh while also being extremely selfless. Chouko-chan was just the cutest, she would call Luke 'onii-tan' whenever they met since Uncle Bernie's family was raised in a Japanese environment.

He absolutely loved playing with her, she was just three years old while he was fourteen. Willow, Aunt Minnie's daughter, was a little monster compared to Uncle Bernie's kids. She was about the same age as Arata and even he didn't enjoy her company, though he still liked making her laugh.

His own mother decided to raise him and Ricky half-in Japanese tradition and half-out, and Luke liked it that way, he assumed RIcky did too since his younger brother never really talked to him about these things.

Yawning, he could feel the persistent pinching of his brother on his arm as they walked through the mall, passing clothing stores with squealing girls around his age. Luke could understand, it was nearing the end of school and the start of summer, so the End of Year Dance was coming up for many schools in the area. He recognised one of the groups from his own school, though the only face he could put a name to was Allie, full name Alison Booker.

He had been her buddy when she first came and was one of the newbies. They were close for a while until he helped her find some new friends, they still talked sometimes though. He caught her eye for a moment and she waved, smiling. Returning the gesture, he brought his attention back to Ricky who was poking and prodding his sides now.

"Oi, you know I'm not ticklish." Luke commented.

Ricky ignored him, it seemed like he was just trying to annoy him instead of inflicting any real discomfort. He waited a moment before grabbing him off the ground with one arm and tickling his neck and his stomach, stopping when he reached his armpits.

"Ewww! They're all sweaty!" Luke complained, wiping his hands on Ricky's hoodie.

"Serves you right," Ricky replied, still giggling and clutching his belly.

He was still trying to cleanse his hands of pit sweat when he noticed his two best friends, Fynn and Derek, at a rather posh men's clothing store just in front of them. They spotted him almost at the same time and immediately did those huge creepy grins whenever they saw him. In that moment, his dad leaned over and said, "Aren't those your friends, Fynn and Drake?"

"Fynn and Derek." Luke corrected him before heading over. "Hey guys."

Fynn replied first with her usual greeting. "Yo."

"What's up." Derek said.

"Just finished lunch with the big happy family. What're you doing here?"

"Gettin' a tux." Derek replied, then gestured over the Fynn, "I needed a girl's insight on what exactly Fiona would like."

"Not that I am one." Fynn chipped in.

Luke laughed, "true, true."

"Luke! We need to get going!"

He could hear his mother calling for him, turning around to see her waving him over next to the escalator going down. "Well I'll see you guys Monday. Good luck with the tux bro."

"Thanks, see you."

"See you tomorrow."

Walking back to his family, he sensed that Ricky was hatching some kind of payback for the tickle attack earlier, so he took note to brace himself as soon as they got off the escalator they were on. He was just stepping onto the machine when he felt someone shove him from behind, and before he could do anything, he was falling. A bolt of panic and terror paralysed his body as the jagged edges of an escalator step rushed into view. There was a scream and he heard his name being called by someone as his forehead met with spikes, feeling a stab of pain before he was lurched into darkness.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Note- First chapter! Yay x3

Last edited by Asherwy on Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:19 am, edited 6 times in total.
Asherwy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FRAME OF MIND [ two ]

Postby Asherwy » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:13 am

Bright fluorescent lights shined onto pale eyelids as they slowly opened into a white room. The brown eyes were blank, showing no sign of emotion, not even the slightest confusion. Slowly, the owner of those eyes rose to a sitting position, scanning the room he was in. There was a constant beeping to his side and a white chord connected to his wrist, ending in a similarly white sack hanging from a pole on wheels. IV. He thought. That's its name. But what's mine?

"Luke?"

An unfamiliar voice sounded from one side of the room as a door creaked open from the wall, revealing a small lady in white with round features. Her eyes widened in surprise as she saw the boy sitting up in his bed. "You're awake! How are you feeling? Do yo-" She stopped mid-sentence, her facial expression shifting as if she had just realised something. "I'll fetch the doctor." She said as she backed out of the room, closing the door softly. The boy narrowed his eyes, staring intently at the closed door. Luke. My name. Then he burst out in laughter. "My name! Ha!" He continued to laugh hysterically until the door opened again, a man in white stepping into the room. Luke stopped laughing immediately and glared at the man.

"Hello Luke." The man said, he had brown-grey hair and grey eyes, the same eye colour as Fynn. Luke's glare intensified. "You." He growled, "Name." The man bore no reaction, only a simple reply. "Doctor Greg Patterson." Luke's face contorted in anger. This man was not Fynn, yet he dare have the same eye colour.

"Doctor Greg Patterson." He spat. "Get out."

He had never once seen this man before, he was not in his memories. Luke hated him.

"Now Luke, I am here to help." Greg said, a gentle expression painted on his face.

Luke recoiled in disgust. "Do not speak my name, eye-stealer." How dare he remain so calm when he stole the eyes of my friend?! "Get. OUT!"

He began to scream viciously, hurtling numerous vulgar phrases at the man in his wake as he thrashed around on his bed. Footsteps sounded in the hallway outside. Two people, a boy and a girl, pushed their way through the door. Greg Patterson immediately blocked their way. "He's unstable right now, it's not safe for you two to visit." The boy shoved the man aside. "Shut up old man." He sprinted over next to the bed, the girl following right after. Luke's menacing glare was still fixated on Greg Patterson, still screaming for him to get out. Two men in white protective suits rushed in with a sedative, but was held back by Greg Patterson as the girl shot them a sharp look.

Greg Patterson simply nodded and ushered the men out including himself and proceeded to shut the door. Luke had calmed down, his chest heaving as he stared at the mirror that allowed others to observe him. His gaze was suddenly forced onto the boy's face by two hands that had cupped his cheeks. "Luke," He began, "Who am I?"

Luke answered without hesitation. "Derek." He then glanced at the girl. "Fynn. Derek. Fynn..." Tears started pouring from his eyes and Derek released his grip as Fynn pulled him into a hug. Luke's tears fell onto her shoulder as he continued to sob uncontrollably. Derek joined the hug and he began to tear up too. Soon enough, the top of their clothes were dotted with salty droplets as Luke buried his face in their shoulders.

"Fynn." Luke mumbled.

"What?"

"Doctor Greg Patterson stole your eyes."

Fynn paused for a moment. After a quick glance at Derek, she replied. "It's okay, those aren't my eyes."

Note- Second! Sorry if the first chapter was a little boring, I hope this is a bit more exciting :3
(even though it's a lot shorter ;w;)

Last edited by Asherwy on Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
Asherwy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FRAME OF MIND [ three ]

Postby Asherwy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:09 am

Clip.

Luke stared into space, his friend Derek in the corner reading a book about psychology while Fynn sat by his bed, clipping his nails.

Clip.

Yawning, Luke blinked and glanced over at the plate of mush that was meant to be breakfast. He then moved his gaze over to Fynn as she carefully placed the nail clipper and cut off another white piece.

"Hey Fynn." Derek called.

"Yeah?" Fynn replied absent-mindedly.

"Guess what?"

"What?" She asked, clipping off another nail before looking over at him.

"Fiona broke up with me." He said casually, putting the book on his lap as he stretched, letting out a sigh as he did so.

Fynns eyes widened considerably. "Whoa what? You okay?"

"I guess." He answered, looking over at the mirror-window.

Luke whimpered pitifully and shook the hand Fynn was holding, urging her to keep clipping his nails.

"Why'd she break up with you?" Fynn asked, raising the nail clipper to the finger she stopped on.

"'Cuz I was spending all my time here and didn't give her any attention," Derek replied with a yawn, "She said that I never really cared about her, only about you guys."

"Well she's always been sensitive, but that's a bit too far." Fynn agreed as she finished clipping his right hand. Holding it up for Luke to see, he sat up and stared at the freshly-cut nails, which had only a thin white line remaining. "You like your nails this way?" Fynn asked. Luke nodded, smiling widely. "It doesn't hurt when I cut them?" He shook his head and laid back down, observing the fluorescent lights without squinting while Fynn moved over to the other side of the bed to start on his left hand.

"Well we've practically been living here for the past month." He admitted guiltily. "You know she was also kinda jealous of you too." Derek added, grinning at her.

Fynn laughed contemptuously. "Pfft, no way. I'm basically a guy, and she's like, way more girly and prettier than me."

"Well she said she felt we were too close to be just friends." Derek went on, using air quotes when he said 'friends.'

"Hah! Can't guys have close friends that are girls? And plus we've all known each other since we were like, born." Fynn said a matter-of-factly, "She should know better, I mean, I would never go for a dude like you." She added with a mischevious glint in her eye.

"Oi." He frowned at her in mock annoyance, then leaned further back in his chair and blew a raspberry. "Girls will be girls."

There was one last clip before Luke felt a soft pat on his left hand, opening his eyes to see Fynn looking at him, waving around the nail clipper. "All done pretty boy, next time you clip your own nails."

Luke just squinted at her strangely and rested his head back on the pillow. "Meh."

"Hey, I'm serious." She said, batting his arm playfully before standing up and packing away the nail clipper. "I'm gonna go get a McDonalds breakfast from downstairs, I'll get what you guys like too if you want."

"Yes please." Luke said, sitting up.

"Oh that would be splendid." Derek said in a posh tone.

"Mmhmm indeed yes." She replied with the same tone, heading for the door, shooting both of them their signature creepy grin before leaving.

Luke's gaze was still fixated on the heavy white door after she left, wondering whether it would hold up against lava. A memory suddenly popped up in his mind, an image of beer crates scattered across a half-mowed lawn flashing by. There were three children leaping and hopping from one crate to another, trying to reach the patio on the other side. Blinking in shock, Luke shifted his gaze over to Derek who now had the pages of his psychology book draped over his face. "I remembered something."

Derek nearly jumped out of his chair, swinging his head towards Luke. "What'd you remember?"

Luke pursed his lips unconsciously before replying. "Three children hopping on crates, trying to get to a patio."

Derek's look of anticipation turned into a huge smile, showing almost all of his teeth. "Ah, Red Water Racing. I remember that, we used to play it every Sunday when we were in 2nd grade."

"Oh." Luke said, a look of confusion passing over his face. "Red Water?"

"Lava." He explained. "Dude you always beat us, the only time you didn't win was when one of the crates you stepped on was broken and you fell right through. Cuts all over your knees, blood everywhere, it was intense. But you weren't even crying! I would've bauled my eyes out."

"What happened after that?"

"My mom came and fixed you up, but you looked like you were gonna die when she put the iodine on, it was hilarious. The best part was when you couldn't walk properly and Fynn had to carry you to the house to get fixed. Geez she's such a guy."

Luke let out a small laugh. "Fynn the grey-eyed guy."

Derek laughed along half-heartedly, but his gaze drooped down to the ground, away from Luke's eyes. He thought he could see something wet fall from Derek's blue eyes. "Why did this have to happen to you..."

Luke stared at him curiously, but the sound of the door being opened prevented him from asking if he was okay.

"I got us breakfast, and both of you gotta pay me back." Fynn announced, carrying three plastic bags from McDonalds. Its delicious aroma caused Luke's mouth to water.

Fynn put the bags down on the table at the end of his bed and walked over to Derek. "Hey, you got a stomachache or something...?"

Derek was hunched over, small sniffles sounded from his nose as Fynn leaned down to see his face. Derek then began sobbing violently. "Why did this have to happen to Luke?! It's so unfair, the End of Year Dance is coming and he isn't even going to be there because he's a 'danger' to the students! Why did Ricky have to push him down that escalator?! Why...? Why..."

Fynn kneeled down and pulled Derek's face against her shoulder, beginning to tear up as well. Luke slowly climbed out of bed and approached his two snivelling friends and embraced both of them, resting his chin on Fynn's head.

"I'm sorry." But he didn't really know what he was apologising for, only that the person called Ricky had pushed him. The person called Ricky had made his friends cry.

Note- yey third :3
it'll get way more exciting in the fourth chapter i promise x3

Last edited by Asherwy on Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Asherwy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: // ⬣ FRAME OF MIND

Postby Asherwy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:49 am

Still waiting on feedback guys, feeling lonely ;w;
Asherwy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlazingSabre » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:20 pm

Marking for critique!

Edit: I like it! Are there any specific story elements you'd like critiqued?
▓ ░
▓ ░
▓ ░
▓ ░
▓ ░
▓ ░
▓ ░
▓ ░
▓ ░
▓ ░
█▓
█▓
█▓
█▓
█▓
█▓
█▓
█▓
█▓
█▓

For here am I floating in my tin can
Far above the world
Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing I can do...

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
✳✳✳

Ari | Heir of Breath | Otaku trash
PM for writing critique, Homestuck rants, or casual conversation

Moirail | Lit Nerd
BlazingSabre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asherwy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:18 pm

Like whether the characters are okay, is the storyline too weak, any writing errors, your favourites?
      Thank you so much ;3
Asherwy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:09 pm

I'm just going to say now that I really like this and can't wait to see where it's going! I don't really have anything I want to critique.

And I only just realized that Fynn was a girl. I'm not sure if that was supposed to be unclear or if I was just being stupid.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Asherwy » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:25 pm

nah I realise its probably unclear she's a girl so it's not your fault
      im probably more stupid for making her seem like a dude

rosieeeeeeeeee
      i'm so glad you're here you have no idea
      like honestly having you read my stuff makes me so happy

flails
Asherwy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FRAME OF MIND [ four ]

Postby Asherwy » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:14 am

"Luke that was hilarious!"

Fynn was clutching her belly, laughing a muted laughter with her eyes squeezed shut.

"I can't believe you're still laughing about that." Derek commented with mock disapproval, "Tsk, so immature." Luke's hands were on Derek's shoulders, walking behind him as he listened to their conversation.

"It is funny! Did you even see what she looked like? It looked like her eyes were about to pop out!" Fynn took in a sharp breath, her eyes watery with a huge grin pasted onto her face.

The three had just come back after Luke's brain scan, the nurse had offered him a wheelchair, however her effort was in vain. He had started going on about how she couldn't see his legs and that he could clearly walk there. The nurse suggested that something might happen, that he should take the wheelchair, but Luke just replied with a nasty glare, growling out the words: "If you are blind then you have no need for your eyes. Shall I remove them for you?" The nurse didn't say anything else after that.

"Is she laughing about how I have legs?" Luke asked.

"Hah, no she's laughing about how much you scared that nurse earlier." Derek explained, chuckling. "But yeah, her face was pretty funny." He admitted with a smile.

"No kidding!" She had calmed down, breathing heavily while opening the door to room 139, holding it for the two boys to enter first.

"Thank you Fynn." Luke said.

"No problem," She replied indifferently, heading over to sit down on the bed.

Luke climbed onto the bed as well, pulling the covers over and leaned into the angled shape of the bed, crossing his legs. Once he was settled, Fynn shifted so that her head was in his lap. "I'm gonna take a nap." She declared with a yawn. "Make sure you don't move your legs, Luke." And with that, she closed her eyes. Derek glanced up curiously from his book; this time he was reading about types of mental disorders. He sighed, "That girl can sleep anywhere."

"Yes." Luke agreed, playing with a strand of her auburn hair.

They stayed like that for a while, with Derek reading on his chair while Luke braided and unbraided Fynn's hair, occasionally taking a couple of strands and blowing them gently. The bustle of the hospital served as background noise to their silence. What footsteps they could hear in the hallway were usually followed by the rough grinding of wheels. Several drips echoed from the bathroom, its door left slightly ajar. A series of honks could be heard through the window that looked down on the main road; Luke bit his lip to keep him from screaming at them to shut up. Fynn had been training him to control himself and how to hold back most of what he says. Sometimes he does, but not all the time.

The girl resting on his lap had begun to snore faintly, her mouth slightly open. He contemplated the features on her face, noticing how gentle they were compared to when she was awake. Soon enough, the sun began to set, casting its dying rays into the white room, tinging it red. Luke glanced over at Derek; his eyes were closed and his mouth was wide open, a string of drool hanging from one corner. The book was open on his lap, its pages still between his fingers as he slept.

Luke inhaled silently, his gaze being drawn towards the firey evening sky, its scarlet streaks filling his vision until all he could see was red. He barely heard his room door opening, not even the sound of Doctor Greg Patterson's greeting turned his head. "Your brother, Ricky, is here to see you Luke."

Ricky.

Luke's head swivelled slowly to face the two people that had just entered. He could only see red-stained features of a boy who opened his mouth to speak. "Hey Luke...it's Ricky..."

He was still seeing red when he lunged towards the boy's neck.

Note- A bit shorter, but hopefully it's okay?

Last edited by Asherwy on Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Asherwy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me