{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby minimire » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:55 am

i have all these ideas in my head yelling at me to get them onto paper but a small part of my brain just keeps coming up with other stuff that i have to do. man, really working on this. i might be having writer's block at the moment :/ but, i was flipping through a dungeons and dragons 5e book ['hoard of the dragon queen'was the title if i remember correctly] during work [take note i actually don't play D&D] and it sparked my interest and now i'm looking more into dungeons and dragons. not to play, though i might try that one day, but to know more about the world and everything and maybe gain some inspiration and motivation from there because just by flipping through a few pages just now, i've already got a new idea in my head and this one i am really excited to start on!

while we're on the topic of dungeons and dragons, a quick question here, does anyone play it? I'm looking into buying the guide books about dungeon and dragons but i have absolutely no idea where to start! should i start ll the way form the first edition or i can jump straight into the latest edition?

minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LadieLuna » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:38 am

middle earth. wrote:
    while we're on the topic of dungeons and dragons, a quick question here, does anyone play it? I'm looking into buying the guide books about dungeon and dragons but i have absolutely no idea where to start! should i start ll the way form the first edition or i can jump straight into the latest edition?

I play D&D! It's actually really helpful with writer's block because I almost always get inspired by something that goes on. Each edition changes things in the world, so it's hard to say where to start if you're just looking into the world. 3.5e was (from what I heard) super broken and there were a lot of over-powered things going on, but there were some cool monsters. Most everyone I know prefers 5e, so maybe start there. You can definitely get some really good ideas from reading and even playing D&D, so good luck on your quest to conquer your writer's block!
LadieLuna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby melouka » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:31 am

I just created a poetry account on instagram. I hope it doesn’t completely flop, I’d really love to keep it going.
i'm no longer very active on cs, i just like to gift things once in a while :)
melouka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:59 pm

melouka wrote:I just created a poetry account on instagram. I hope it doesn’t completely flop, I’d really love to keep it going.
Oh, nice!! My favourite is the "Hands" one c:

~

Hey, forgot to mention earlier guys, but I've got a new competition up! Click the picture below if you're interested c:
Last edited by Zeena on Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed stolen artwork
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:41 pm

bump

this thread dead? XD

minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:07 pm

Ranger you killed it

Yeah, this place is pretty dead DX. I've barely been writing at all I'm just been so busy

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:18 am

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Ranger you killed it
I'm sorry, I'm sorry XD

Code: Select all
[b]What's your latest project?[/b]

Have a question to make up for it c;
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Springtalon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:29 am

Oooo questions, love those ^^

What's your latest project?
I'm currently working on a dragon book, that actually started out as an assignment for school. For Literature, I had to read a book called Warrior's Don't Cry, about the Little Rock Nine, and the battle to overcome segregation, and then after I read it I had to pick one of the assignments. One of them, was 'write a short story about two groups overcoming segregation themselves'. So, I did some thinking, threw down some ideas on a piece of paper, and boom. Dragons.

Heres a little excerpt as to why the Fire Dragons treat the Ice Dragons as slaves.

“Long before this castle was built, the Fire dragons and Ice dragons lived on opposing sides of the island. This was before it was called Drake’s Peak you see, and we didn’t have the social hierarchy we do now.” The dragonet felt a shudder run down his wings. He couldn’t imagine life outside of the castle, life without the shadow of his father’s expectations looming over him every day.

“It was a night much like this one, quiet, peaceful. And then the storm rolled in, thunder, rain, you couldn’t see past your own claws the darkness was so deep. That’s when the Ice dragons attacked. They stormed the town, which was nothing more than a collection of mud huts, and they tried to wipe out the Fire dragons. If not for the dragon that killed their leader, we would have lost that battle.” The dragonet sat back for a minute, only half listening as the elder continued. If one dragon hadn’t fought that fight…then everything would be different.

“About fifty years after this, the Ice dragons tried to form a rebellion.” The dragonet pricked his ears forwards. This was news to him. “As punishment, the king of the time decreed that from then on all Servants of the Castle would be chosen shortly after birth instead of their tenth year, and as soon as they were chosen their voice was to be removed from them.”

{If you wanna read more let me know, I've got it in a google doc}
Springtalon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:41 am

Just some fanfiction and a couple of one-shots of my own stuff

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby legolas the elf » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:36 am

I saw this and was like, "I have found my second home." and how did this die? Oh well.

I'm working on a warrior cat fanfic and made a rough draft for a story about dragons
legolas the elf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me