{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby Rinovo » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:23 am

Kittythrax wrote:Hi! I'm a new member here at Inklings and I just wanted to say hello.
I enjoy writing fantasy and sometimes science fiction. What do ya'll enjoy writing the most?

aNGST and slowburn.

I'm also a huge sucker for main character deaths.
╔═════════════╗

He/They/She.
Sapphic.
Emma kin.
Tired 24/7.
Gift.

struggling with gender identity
rn ;,)

╚═════════════╝

Rinovo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:37 am

Ranger of the North wrote:
Hey, you can still do lighter moments XD

What are those?
No, those are fun too.
But main character deaths are both agony and the best.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:59 am

Agreed XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greenleaf » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:32 pm

I hope NaNo is going well for all you folks participating!!

I've been having trouble finding time for writing recently, but just yesterday I plotted out a few scenes and plot points for this fic idea I've had sitting around for about two years. There have been a few false starts, but I'm looking forward to writing this fic for real this time. :) If only I can find the time to do so, lol.

Out of curiosity, do any of you have daily (or at least regular) writing goals that you set for yourself? If you do, do you feel that your writing productivity has increased because of it, and are you able to consistently maintain this goal? I remember reading about some published author that has a daily writing goal of 1000 words set for themselves, and I know the students in the Writer's Craft course at my school write at least 400 words daily. I've considered trying to set a daily goal for myself but can never get around to doing it.

-------'-'------
Chinese ● queer
bi ace ● musician

------------''--
--------------------
#BlackLivesMatter
click here.

--------------------
-----'--'-------
Li 立 ● she/ze ●
student ● writer

-------'----'---
Greenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koráki » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:50 pm

What’s a “writing goal”?
Jk. But seriously, that sounds like a good idea. I’ve considered that for a while. It’s just hard to when you’ve got college and junk XD
Koráki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:28 pm

Greenleaf wrote:I hope NaNo is going well for all you folks participating!!

I've been having trouble finding time for writing recently, but just yesterday I plotted out a few scenes and plot points for this fic idea I've had sitting around for about two years. There have been a few false starts, but I'm looking forward to writing this fic for real this time. :) If only I can find the time to do so, lol.

Out of curiosity, do any of you have daily (or at least regular) writing goals that you set for yourself? If you do, do you feel that your writing productivity has increased because of it, and are you able to consistently maintain this goal? I remember reading about some published author that has a daily writing goal of 1000 words set for themselves, and I know the students in the Writer's Craft course at my school write at least 400 words daily. I've considered trying to set a daily goal for myself but can never get around to doing it.
Oh, nice - what's it about? c:

I do, actually! I aim to write one sentence a day XD It's ridiculously small, but it works for me; if I get into the zone I get wayy ahead of my goal and feel nicely accomplished, and if everything's hard all I have to do is one sentence, and then I can pause and push a little further the next day XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ScarDolphin » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:04 am

Ranger of the North wrote:
Greenleaf wrote:I hope NaNo is going well for all you folks participating!!

Oh, nice - what's it about? c:

I do, actually! I aim to write one sentence a day XD It's ridiculously small, but it works for me; if I get into the zone I get wayy ahead of my goal and feel nicely accomplished, and if everything's hard all I have to do is one sentence, and then I can pause and push a little further the next day XD

That's actually a really good idea. I don't have a particular goal every day (I'm not entering NaNo this year, but good luck to everyone who's nearly finished it!) but I just write whenever I have time/am in the mood. I do have deadlines for when I want chapters/stories written, because if I don't set those it'll take forever for me to get it done xD And that works for me at the moment^^
─── Image ─────────────

I'm Scar // She/her // Cancer // GMT+1 //
─────────────────────────────────────
My interests: My horses // Utapri // Hypmic // Idolish7 // Genshin

───────────────────────────────────────────
⧽ --- ⧼ Trade Thread ⧽ --- ⧼

────────── Image ───
ScarDolphin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:21 pm

hey guys! so i have a blog where i write for all animals - domestic animals, farm animals, wildlife, and marine animals. it's called a voice for the voiceless and my goal is to educate the public and raise more awareness about the abuse and cruelty these animals are forced to endure behind the scenes in the entertainment, food, and clothing industry.

i was wondering if you guys could have a read on some of the articles and leave me some feedback? be it grammar or content. also if you guys have any ideas for content you would like me to write about, do send me a pm!

thank you!

blog: a voice for the voiceless

minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:59 pm

ScarDolphin wrote:That's actually a really good idea. I don't have a particular goal every day (I'm not entering NaNo this year, but good luck to everyone who's nearly finished it!) but I just write whenever I have time/am in the mood. I do have deadlines for when I want chapters/stories written, because if I don't set those it'll take forever for me to get it done xD And that works for me at the moment^^
Oh, thanks, haha! :p Lucky you, I would never be able to keep to larger-portioned goals; I take everything too easy XD

I'll check it out soon, @middle earth!
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kira Nightblade » Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:15 am

Anybody have any advice for writers block?

I'll write on fire for a day, and thennn I'll get writers block
for months usually
ImageImage
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi! I'm Kira, you can call me Sarah if you
want! I'm your average straight, home-
schooling christian, bookworm; who loves
Hunger Games, Warrior Cats, Maze Runner,
Wings of Fire, Fantasy, and just anything
related to.. Fantasy. I love border collies,
horses, and cheetahs. (or any dogs or cats)
also I really really really really love Owl City!
Please feel free to PM me to set up a roleplay!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

────────────────────( Image !! in your favor. )────────
Kira Nightblade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me