{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby fg05281 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:10 am

Aliria wrote:
fg05281 wrote:I would join, but I don't even know what this site is. :what:

National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo, is an event every November where you try to write 50,000 words during the month. Camp NaNo is the same, but happens in April and June, you can set your own goal, and you have cabins where you can chat with other participants.

Oh, that sounds really cool. Thanks Aliria. :)
fg05281

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucas. » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:16 pm

i haven't been active whatsoever in this community and.. i might try and come back? i'll probably mainly just reply to people and answer questions and might not be the most active, but whatever. i also have not written in.. who knows how long? it's been months since i actually considered writing on here, or anywhere really, lol. i was looking for writing challenges on here (like 100 prompts) but can't seem to find any newer ones. or are those not cool anymore? probably, whoops. (+ every time I post [mainly just for myself] I'll try and reply to at least one person).

@silentmelody - welcome! :0
lucas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:26 pm

Yessss come back to the thread Lucas I demand it :> <3

Yeah I've noticed those challenges (and participants threads) have died out a little bit. Mine included x_x I blame other projects taking up my time, but I wanna get back to it after Camp Nano!!

Also I have a question for you guys. I know there's an official inklings competition thread but it hasn't been active for a while now. Do you guys know of any other writing competitions on this board?
(Ranger I know you have competitions sometimes but they're offsite, can you link me?)
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucas. » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:48 pm

i'll try my best to ♥

ah man, that really sucks. i actually wanted to do some of those to get back into writing, y'know? oh well, if any pop up, i'd love it if someone could link me and i'll probably try to do some. i suck at original story ideas s o.

i haven't seen any writing competitions lately, but then again i haven't really been too active on this board. i'd love if someone could do something like that, that could also help me get back into writing since the inklings competition thread isn't active. writing competitions just seem so fun to me for some reason? even if i don't win [which.. i wouldn't. there's way better writers than me on cs haha], on the bright side, it is helping my writing get better.

also, i myself have a question for you guys! mainly because i wanna get back into writing and i'm curious how you guys will answer this! :>
    Code: Select all
    [b]how long have you gone without writing? how'd you get back into it?[/b]

lucas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:25 am

how long have you gone without writing? how'd you get back into it?
I went pretty much all last month without writing on my story. I'm just getting back into it (That nano roadtrip thing helps) by getting on and making myself focus.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:48 am

Pyjaks wrote:(Ranger I know you have competitions sometimes but they're offsite, can you link me?)

Well, I think she has one on CS too: here.
@Kena
    Welcome to Inklings! At least here, no one will tell you to avoid carrots or doctors with German surnames.

@Lucas
You've definitely been gone a while--it took me a few minutes to remember who you were, heh. But hello again!

I've gone at most three months without writing, but that was always because I couldn't find any time to write. The instant things got less busy, I went back.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:25 am

If you don't count roleplaying as writing, I think I've gone 2-ish years without writing anything. It was at a point where I had a ton of issues going on and writing was unfortunately at the bottom of my list of priorities.
If we ARE counting RPing as writing, I guess a few months maybe? Three or four?
I dunno how I got back into it honestly! I think it was because I started reading a lot more and it inspired me to write. I realized how much I missed it and got sucked back in :>
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:41 am

fg05281 wrote:I would join, but I don't even know what this site is. :what:
boop c:

SilentMelody wrote:
    hey, i'm kena! i'm new to this group, but i've been on the lazy writers thread for a few weeks. i hope to meet some wonderful people here and improve on my writing!
'eyyy, hello again! ;D

Pyjaks wrote:~snip~

Also I have a question for you guys. I know there's an official inklings competition thread but it hasn't been active for a while now. Do you guys know of any other writing competitions on this board?
(Ranger I know you have competitions sometimes but they're offsite, can you link me?)
I have this and this. c: The first one's needing me to judge it, aha, and the second one kinda died.... It'd be cool to get it back up again, tho. ^^ My friend has a challenge, too! c: haha, nm. Thanks for getting on top of that, Worst :p

I went a few months without writing after... I think my first Camp NaNo? Or when I was feeling like I needed to edit something else? Or it may have been both. But anyway, I had no ideas and no interest in writing and it was killing me inside, it really was. I was so happy when I finally had an idea; I got back into it by hanging a load of washing out and being hit by inspiration XD

Welcome back, Lucas! c:
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:32 am

(new post so no one misses it)
I've made a cabin! If you pm me or post here with your username I'll send you an invite :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

--

Postby watermelon. » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:21 am

welcome/welcome back to all of the new and returning members, it's good to have you here. since the community seems to be growing, it would probably be a good time to shout out the chatzy - it's always open to anyone wanting to talk about anything, really. although i'm not as active on it as i wish i could be, i try.

ok so i feel the shade about the competition thread, and i know it's been a while ("only" 4 months and to be fair i was in school for 3 of them). sorry about that. i have a hopelessly slow/broken laptop that can't handle having more than one tab open at a time, so it's going to take a while to get around to organizing stuff. but i do i hope to eventually get it running again and judge the contests and give out prizes and such sooo keep your eyes out for that sometime in the future.

also all this talk about camp nano makes me wish i could not only have the time for that, but gain the mental motivation (who am i kidding, also physical considering i'm lazy as it is) to do that. coming up with ideas as it is a struggle, not to mention the follow through fact. i think if i had nothing else to do and i could focus on just writing, i'd be able to improve a lot on this, but that's just not how my life works :c

----
    uhhhhhhm, a long time. i don't know how long but i usually get random bursts of inspiration/motivation on good days. i think it has a lot to do with how i'm feeling, cause i tend to write more when i'm a little happier. i don't write actual stories as much as i used to, but like pyjaks said, if we're talking rp writing, i do that about weekly (if not daily). that's something i think i always have some energy for cause it cheers me up (even if i'm already happy) cx. so i guess my point is that if it makes me feel better then i'll get back into it. why am i horrible at answering questions properly sry folks

now time for me to ask a question. i've been sick like a lot this year for some reason and it happened once again, so i thought this could be interesting. sickness seems to suck the life out of me can you tell, and maybe your answers can help me a little bit.
    Code: Select all
    [b]How do you keep/build up motivation after being sick?[/b]

----
    p. s. shout out to all of the chocolate donut lovers for pulling ahead in the poll
    also, do you guys like the random polls? or should i go back to the writing related ones?? i mean i'll obviously slip some in there here and there to keep things on topic, but i think i like the random questions. helps us get to know each other, in a way kinda sorta ??
watermelon.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me