{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby Pyjaks » Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:08 pm

Woogwoo Wren wrote:
Pyjaks wrote:I think I'll copy some of you guys and try to set times in advance where I can just,, sit down and write. We'll see how well that goes though, because I am not an organized person xP

Is anyone thinking about doing NaNo this yr?

I want to, I just don't know how possible it is since I have exams and a lot of school to catch up on...

Yep, same here x_x If I'm already struggling right now without any kind of deadline idk how I'll be able to write 50k words! Planning for structured events like nano always gets me really excited to write, though.
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:32 am

I'm doing it! Novemeber doesn't seem like it's going to be a busy month, at least compared to everything else, and I already have a story quite well outlined that I've been saving for quite a while to do!

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:54 am

How do you make time for writing when you're busy with other things?
    Ack, I'm not quite sure. I try to write very early in the mornings, or sometimes when I'm on the bus (I got google docs on my phone, huzzah!). If I'm getting really stressed out, I will postpone my writing, but I realllllly don't like doing that. I should really make time tables dangit

Py wrote:Is anyone thinking about doing NaNo this yr?

I don't think so; school is crazy. Why do I have six pages of geometry proofs over Rosh Hashanah (well, technically, Rosh Hashanah is way more than one day)?
      If I get my act together, though, I might, because I really should. Even if the stuff I write is absolute drivel.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:12 pm

Pyjaks wrote:I think I'll copy some of you guys and try to set times in advance where I can just,, sit down and write. We'll see how well that goes though, because I am not an organized person xP

Is anyone thinking about doing NaNo this yr?
I probably won't, but I do usually get a lot more enthusiastic when other people are working so hard, hehe. Everyone else's excitement gets me, so I'm guessing I'll probably get a lot done anyway :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frankie (dup) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:22 am

I've never actually done NaNoWriMo!
I'm a bit busy with my current work right now, so I doubt I'll have the time to start a new project...

Though, I was doing some prompts and generated the word phenomena.
This happened and ugh I love it. Should I write a continuation that hopefully won't become a whole new project? :?

Evaristo had a lot of unexplained things happen in his life.
They happened every two years.
His parents said they didn't know what he was talking about, but they avoided eye contact.
He could remember each event with absolute clarity.

Six.
He loved trucks, so when he saw a truck appear out of nowhere, he pointed it out to his parents.

They said there was no truck, but Evaristo knew he could see someone leaning out at waving at him.
He waved back.
His parents lowered his arm.

Eight.
He knew he saw the truck driver walk into the movie theatre one day. He had an old camera resting on his chest and a bowler's hat. He wore a white dress shirt and a brown trenchcoat.
"Mom, Dad, why's he dressed like that?"
"Who?"

The truck driver waved.
Evaristo waved back.
His parents lowered his arm.

Ten.
He saw the truck again, same spot, same time of day.
Standing beside the truck was a ten-foot being with huge eyes. Pitch black. They seemed to swallow up all the light around them, and he knew that could not be right.
He ran.

Twelve.
Evaristo knew he saw a woman sitting on top of the car wash. She had the same, black hole-like eyes. They were both devoid of light and glowing, and that was not proper.
He knew better than to wave back when she waved at him with one clawed hand.

Fourteen.
He knew he saw blinking lights above the hospital. He knew someone was calling his name.
"Evaristo!"

He followed them.
"Evaristo, I have the answer."
He woke up in the hospital with little recollection of what had happened.

Sixteen.
When he was lifted twenty feet above the ground by nothing and hit the ground painlessly, he knew that something was wrong, and no one was telling him.

Evaristo would figure it out.

I didn't see any other critique requests and the like, but if one pops up I'll be sure to respond!
Last edited by frankie (dup) on Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my dms are open,
but im a spoonie
and i may not
respond promptly.
it's not personal.
especially hmu if
you want to talk
about atla,
im autistic and its
been my special
interest for like.
a bajillion years.
➤ they/it lesbian
➤ canadian eh
➤ gay zuko
truther /lh
➤ please use
tonetags!
➤ feel free to ask for
my discord if we've
talked before
➤ help idk how to
make this pretty
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:44 am

Dude, I vote continue! He's living in a dangerous world, and I want to know what happens! c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:49 pm

YESSS continue please! I'm very intrigued:0 I really like the simple style you wrote with. It suited the story soso much.

Also, a question- how do you guys feel about writing things out of order? I'm in the planning stages of something new and have this idea for a scene that'll happen way down the line (think middle to ending). However I really really really wanna write it out now. A part of me is hesitant though because I'm sure my characters will evolve and develop as I write the story, so the scene will seem out of place later on. I could always just edit though. Do any of you guys ever write out of order?
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:20 pm

@Pyjaks

Well, my brain always plans scenes out of order (I have so many endings planned), but I never write them down. I did try, though, to just write some scenes out of order to develop a character, but I knew I wouldn't be using the exact scenes for the story when it's written. I don't know, I say it's worth a shot!

Also, gosh darn it all. I was trying to open this stupid little dollar store movement activated crow clip to change its battery (part of it was glued, so I was trying to break open the seal with the screwdriver) and slashed a cut in my left pointer finger! Just one or two weeks after the last cut that finger had (thanks to my bird), too. It makes it so hard to type with a band-aid on.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frankie (dup) » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:26 pm

@Pyjaks

I don't think it could do any harm! I've sort of written the prologue for the third and final book of Raven Rise because I didn't want to forget it.
I say go for it!

@Megaguirus

I think all us writers have been there at some point. I hope your finger heals soon! Sounds painful. :(
my dms are open,
but im a spoonie
and i may not
respond promptly.
it's not personal.
especially hmu if
you want to talk
about atla,
im autistic and its
been my special
interest for like.
a bajillion years.
➤ they/it lesbian
➤ canadian eh
➤ gay zuko
truther /lh
➤ please use
tonetags!
➤ feel free to ask for
my discord if we've
talked before
➤ help idk how to
make this pretty
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:37 pm

Pyjaks wrote:YESSS continue please! I'm very intrigued:0 I really like the simple style you wrote with. It suited the story soso much.

Also, a question- how do you guys feel about writing things out of order? I'm in the planning stages of something new and have this idea for a scene that'll happen way down the line (think middle to ending). However I really really really wanna write it out now. A part of me is hesitant though because I'm sure my characters will evolve and develop as I write the story, so the scene will seem out of place later on. I could always just edit though. Do any of you guys ever write out of order?
As a general rule I dislike it and my brain pulls up too many 'what if?!'s, lol. BUT. If you really, really, really want to write it, that badly, then I'd say go for it! Get it down now, in case you lose your inspiration/motivation/interest/memory/etc. later on down the track :D

Megaguirus wrote:@Pyjaks

Well, my brain always plans scenes out of order (I have so many endings planned), but I never write them down. I did try, though, to just write some scenes out of order to develop a character, but I knew I wouldn't be using the exact scenes for the story when it's written. I don't know, I say it's worth a shot!

Also, gosh darn it all. I was trying to open this stupid little dollar store movement activated crow clip to change its battery (part of it was glued, so I was trying to break open the seal with the screwdriver) and slashed a cut in my left pointer finger! Just one or two weeks after the last cut that finger had (thanks to my bird), too. It makes it so hard to type with a band-aid on.
dANG IT, that SUCKS.
Rest in pieces, man :| *pats*
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me