☁When Pencil Meets Paper - Short Writing Pieces ☁

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

☁When Pencil Meets Paper - Short Writing Pieces ☁

Postby Polar Kitten » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:38 pm

This is just a place where I will put my short writing pieces. Short stories, poems, descriptive writing, ect. Feel free to leave a comment or a critique! Enjoy!
Last edited by Polar Kitten on Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
female ○ writer ○ hoot owl ○ star wars fan ○ whovian ○ nerd ○ artist ○ part-time raptor trainer ○ isfj
Ƥ o l a r n Ƙ i t t e n
woodswafflescream puffsshort writing piecestradesarttumblr
Hi! I'm Polar Kitten. I used to be nyancat583. You can call me Polar, PK, or Polar Kitten. It doesn't really matter to me!

Happy Summer!
(for those of you in the northern hemisphere)

RANDOM FACT #3:
Candy is good.

I was a member of the Rebel Alliance, a timelord, a tribute in the Games, a Dauntless soldier, a runner in the Maze, and a security guard at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. I'm so good at sleeping that I can do it with my eyes closed. I visited Jurassic World survived the Time War. I am unstoppable.
Polar Kitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☁Table of Contents☁

Postby Polar Kitten » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:38 pm

»»Table of Contents««

Short Stories
» Snowflake
» Parrot

Descriptive Writing
» Winged Deer
» The Office

Poetry
» A Not-so-Lovely Love Note
» Moon
Last edited by Polar Kitten on Fri May 22, 2015 6:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
female ○ writer ○ hoot owl ○ star wars fan ○ whovian ○ nerd ○ artist ○ part-time raptor trainer ○ isfj
Ƥ o l a r n Ƙ i t t e n
Hi! I'm Polar Kitten. I used to be nyancat583. You can call me Polar, PK, or Polar Kitten. It doesn't really matter to me!

Happy Summer!

RANDOM FACT #3:
Candy is good.

I was a member of the Rebel Alliance, a timelord, a tribute in the Games, a Dauntless soldier, a runner in the Maze, and a security guard at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. I'm so good at sleeping that I can do it with my eyes closed. I visited Jurassic World survived the Time War. I am unstoppable.
Polar Kitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☁Snowflake☁

Postby Polar Kitten » Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:23 pm

Snowflake
(A different view on "Special Snowflake Syndrome")
Snowflakes littered the ground. I was staring at the snow from my bedroom window, trying to see if there really were two identical snowflakes. They were calling too fast for me to tell, though. My mother came in and brought me some hot cocoa. I sipped it slowly, and continued to watch the small snowflakes drift to the ground. My breath fogged the window glass. I wiped it off and kept on watching.
I woke up an hour later. My mom said I had fallen asleep while looking outside, and that I should put on some warmer clothes. I put on a sweater and sweat pants, then asked her,"Mom, is it really true that no two snowflakes are the same?" This is what she told me.

Every year, billions of snowflake fall from the sky. And surprisingly, no two snowflakes are alike. You probably already knew that. What you might not know, is that you are like a snowflake. There are many humans on this planet. Just like there are many snowflakes. But no two people are alike. Just like how no two snowflakes are alike. Each person (and snowflake) is different. And special. Everyone is special in their own way. And like comparing two snowflakes, it is impossible to compare two people to see is they are the same, because they aren't. Everyone is special and is different than everybody else. Be yourself. You are unique. You are special.
She refilled my hot cocoa mug, smiled at me, and left the room. She made me feel warmer. Not by giving me more cocoa, but for telling me to believe in myself. I went to my bed and snuggled under the covers. I drifted into a deep sleep, and all I dreamed about were snowflakes.
Last edited by Polar Kitten on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
Ƥ o l a r n Ƙ i t t e n

Happy Summer!

RANDOM FACT #3:
Candy is good.

Polar Kitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☁Parrot☁

Postby Polar Kitten » Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:04 pm

Parrot.
I was taking a walk down the street when I saw something strange. A colorful object in a tree. A kite perhaps? It moved. It wasn't a kite. I looked closer, and saw that it was a parrot. It turned its head around to look at me. "Good morning." it squaked. It was one of those talking parrots. Maybe it was lost. "Good morning to you, too." I told it. It turned back around and I continued to walk.
The next day, I saw it again. I was comming home from school. "Good morning." it squaked. I laughed. It was the middle of the afternoon. "Good afternoon." I told it.
Later that day, at 7:49 to be exact, I walked outside to see if it was still there. Indeed, it was. "Good afternoon." It squaked. I laughed again. "Good night." I told it, and I went back inside.
The next day, the parrot wasn't there. Three days later, it's tree was still empty. Maybe it's owner had found it.
"Goodnight! Goodnight!" I heard a voice outside my window. It was the parrot. It was screeching at the top of its lungs. I went outside and took a look at it. It's wing had a piece of twine caught on it. It landed awkwardly on a fence post, wobbled, and held out its wing for me to see. "Goodnight!" it squaked miserably. I carefully removed the twine and let the parrot go.
From that day on, it always came to my house. It sat on the fence, sang, said either "Good morning," "Good afternoon," or "Good night," then flew off. One day, it arrived at my house with a baby bird, it's hatchling, and they sang together. Their voices were in perfect harmony. The baby bird grew up, and the original bird stopped comming. The second bird's hatchings came to my house, and I watched them grow up, too. I watched generation after generation of parrots grow up, and they all came to my house to sing every now and then. I loved the parrots, and they loved me just as much.
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
Ƥ o l a r n Ƙ i t t e n

Happy Summer!

RANDOM FACT #3:
Candy is good.

Polar Kitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☁Descriptive Writing: Winged Deer☁

Postby Polar Kitten » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:35 pm

I wanted to practice my descriptive writing and thought I might do it here. I love the deer lineart, and I think this deer is absolutely beautiful! (This is one of the Dec. 25 Advent Deer) Thank you SoulWings for creating this deer, and thank you to which ever artist made the deer lineart!
I was scrolling through the snow one winter day, and saw a stunnitg deer cross my path. It had a magniftcent shape; from the graceful curve of its neck to its thin yet strong looking legs. But it's shape wasn't the thing that caught my eye. It's fur had unique markings which were the color of cinnamon. The color wraped around the deer's legs, touched the top of its back, and covered its head; avoiding its forehead, eyes, and muzzle. Its horns were a dark shade of brown, and were twisted in an abstract but beautiful way. It's legs had silky white feathers attatched to them, which formed four small wings. The deer had a leather harness around its neck and waist. A small golden jungle bell was tied to the front. Perhaps it was a lost reindeer that got separated from Santa's sleigh? I may never know. The deer walked away, and I decided to return home.
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
Ƥ o l a r n Ƙ i t t e n

Happy Summer!

RANDOM FACT #3:
Candy is good.

Polar Kitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☁Poetry: A Not-So-Lovely Love Note☁

Postby Polar Kitten » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:45 am

A Not-So-Lovely Love Note

Roses are red.
But they are also pink, yellow, and white.

Violets are blue.
But they are also purple, light purple, and violet.

Sugar is sweet.
Donuts are sweet, too.

And so are you.
Maybe.

You're the best person I've ever met.
With one or two exceptions.

And you are the one I will never forget.

Orange.

Vaccum.

Month.

Silver.

Luggage.

I hate rhyming poetry.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: This isn't about anyone, it was a joke my friend and I made up.
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
Ƥ o l a r n Ƙ i t t e n

Happy Summer!

RANDOM FACT #3:
Candy is good.

Polar Kitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☁Descriptive Writing: The Office☁

Postby Polar Kitten » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:24 pm

"Hello, hello... hello? Uh, well, if you're hearing this, then chances are you've made a very poor career choice.”
~Phone Guy

ThE OFfICe

I nervously stepped into a dark, erie, room. Cobwebs were everywhere. A desk with various objects on top of it was in front of me. It might have been me, but I think I heard a deep evil laugh in the distance. It was my first day as security guard at Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, and I was nervous. I flipped a switch to turn the light on, and plugged an electric fan into the wall. This place gave me the creeps. A series of devices that looked like televisions were on top of the table, but there was a small, flat tablet next to them. I turned it on, and the screen flickered to life. Three animatronic animals appeared. I pressed the buttons on the tablet, and realized that they displayed what could be seen through security cameras in each of the rooms in the pizzaria. I put the tablet down and looked around some more. Posters and drawings hung on the wall. A toy cupcake and an empty soda cup sat on the edge of the desk. There were doors to my left and right, which seemed very durable. I pressed a few buttons, and figured out how to close the steel doors and use the hallway lights. It seemed too quiet in that room. Then, the phone rang. I wasn't sure if I should pick it up. I let it ring three times, but then it went to voicemail. A muffled voice played from the speaker.

"Hello, hello? Uh, I wanted to record a message for you to help you get settled in on your first night...”
AUTHOR'S NOTE: All of this is from Five Nights at Freddy's. I am hooked on that game, so I decided to write about it.
Last edited by Polar Kitten on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
Ƥ o l a r n Ƙ i t t e n

Happy Summer!

RANDOM FACT #3:
Candy is good.

Polar Kitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☁When Pencil Meets Paper - Short Writing Pieces ☁

Postby Toy Dragon » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:32 pm

This is really good! Keep it up! I love FNAF!
pretty much not alive here
Toy Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ☁When Pencil Meets Paper - Short Writing Pieces ☁

Postby Polar Kitten » Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:35 pm

Da Writing Dragon wrote:This is really good! Keep it up! I love FNAF!

Thanks! :)
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
Ƥ o l a r n Ƙ i t t e n

Happy Summer!

RANDOM FACT #3:
Candy is good.

Polar Kitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

☁Poetry - M00N☁

Postby Polar Kitten » Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:09 pm

M 0 0 N

"What about me?"

I am the moon
Always rising and setting
But it is surprising how
Little attention I'm getting

I shine bright like the sun
And bring light to the sky
But nobody likes me
And I don't know why

Nobody comes out
To see me at night
People step outside
But they get such a fright

From the shadows I cast
And the lack of strong light
But you can still see
During the night

And during the day
Darkness still can be found
But just not as much
As when I'm around

So why do these people
Prefer the sun and the day?
When the night is just the same
anyway?
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
║█
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
█║
Ƥ o l a r n Ƙ i t t e n

Happy Summer!

RANDOM FACT #3:
Candy is good.

Polar Kitten

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me