this isn't a diary, it's the afterlife

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

this isn't a diary, it's the afterlife

Postby Dylan Klebold » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:02 am

I was a human once. I know it doesn't look like it, but I have died and came to this weird place as... a dog? Why not as me? Why not as my human self?

Anyway, my name is Val Velocity. As a human, I was a really great person, loyal to Better Living Industries and one heck of a spy. That, until one of the scarecrow units had finished me, in a rally against the government. Now, you might say... "Hey, Val, didn't you say you were loyal to BLI?"

I was. Until Destroya showed me a better light and turned me into a better man.

ANYWAY, that's enough of my back story. I have started life on this planet as a student at a high school. Who the heck knows what will happen?

If I could possibly find a picture of my human self in this world, I'll paste it on one of the pages in this book. The book. I don't like to think of it as a diary, but I like to think about it as a... journal.
Last edited by Dylan Klebold on Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan Klebold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

day 1 | welcome to chicken smoothie island

Postby Dylan Klebold » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:58 am

I first woke up in a bed very similar to my old one. I took a deep breath in, before looking around. I knew I wasn't human; the mirror on the ceiling over my bed confirmed it. A knocking echoed on my door, before another dog came in.

#BF0000
"Val, open up! This is your mother!" She said, before opening the door. "Your first day at school is coming soon! Your first day on this planet is starting! Get up, get up, GET UP!"

How did she know I was just starting on this planet? "Mama, how do you know that I just came to this planet?" I asked.

"Val, don't you remember the Killjoys talking about the Phoenix Witch? I am the Phoenix Witch. This is my form on this planet! I am the one who brought your spirit here, to Chicken Smoothie Island, as a teenage dog who is going to high school. Now come."

The Phoenix Witch! She... she's real! I quickly got my things ready and obeyed. I didn't believe in her as a Killjoy, or as a spy for Better Living Industries, but I sure as heck do now.

It didn't take me long to get my behind to school. Inside were brightly colored dogs. No, scratch that. Brightly colored animals. Cats, dogs, wolves, and other species hopped around. I think I saw a dragon or two fly around! I looked down at the paper Phoenix Witch gave me. Or would it be more proper to call her Mama Velocity? Mama Velocity seems more respectful.

Anyway, I looked down at the paper and saw that I needed to go to room 201, on the second floor. It was a science room! I looked around at the empty tables, before the teacher came out from under his desk.

#0080FF
"Welcome, welcome! I am Mr Lelo. Lay-low."

My eyebrows raised at the sight of the cat. I shook my head, before sitting down. The rest of the class filed in, and then the bell rung, signifying that the hour has started.

Nothing else interesting happened, so I just headed to my next class, which was... English, in room 210, with Miss Shavir.

#0040FF
"Alright, let's get today done and over with. I am Miss Shavir, call me Miss S. Any other names and you'll be sent somewhere else!"

Sheesh, what a lady! And I thought Mama Velocity was bad. After that was lunch in the cafeteria. Knowing no one from this school, I just sat at the table after grabbing my food from the line. A beautiful speckled dog came up and plopped his behind across the table from me. The school said I couldn't take pictures [there were already pics of the teachers], so here's a quick sketch.

It has seemed that the following paragraphs was crossed out many times, as if Val was trying to write something.

Sorry, Mama Velocity said to not write that. But she did say she saw something for me! She'll give me it tomorrow. I wonder what it is...?

-Val Velocity
Last edited by Dylan Klebold on Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dylan Klebold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: this isn't a diary, it's the afterlife

Postby deku baba » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:56 am

Marking! This looks cool.
strade | adult | he/him + it/its
goal - collecting all frogs + bugs!
deku baba

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dylan Klebold » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:48 am

Why, thanks!
Dylan Klebold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gomi. » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:55 am

Wow, this seems like a great concept owo watching!
gomi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me