'tis a little corner for me...

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

...&co, i.

Postby idky, » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:57 pm

alan left the house almost skipping with joy, thinking about that night's party to which diana would surely attend. carrying out his plan would surely be a difficult task, but one he was sure would turn out right. he felt the odds were with him that day. to commit any mistake would be fatal.
idky,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

...r4.

Postby idky, » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:42 am

King Arthur is the main character of the story, and perhaps the only one who may have some actual historicity behind it, since some historians agree that around the time the legendary Arthur is presumed to have been alive, there was also a Celt leader who led his people victoriously into battle against the saxons, but he may or may have not been called Arthur.
        According to the legend, Arthur was son to the King of sub-Roman Britain, Uther Pendragon, and Lady Igraine, the wife of his father's enemy, Gorlois. In some later versions Arthur is their legitimate child.
        Guinevere, Guenevere or Gwenevere, firstly written as Guanhumara, also found as Gwenhwyfar, is King Arthur's wife. In some versions she later has a love affair with his husband's chief knight,Sir Lancelot du Lac, when Arthur is away in a quest for the Holy Grail. Apparently this betrayal led to a civil war, in which Mordred or Medrawt fatally wounded King Arthur.
        The Round Table Knights are supposed to have lived in Camelot, a legendary land. King Arthur owned a great sword called Excalibur or Caliburn, which in some versions is the same as the Sword in the Stone, which was the one which would prove his lineage.
        Another important character in the Arthurian legends is Merlin, who can have different roles, either a prophet, a madman, a wizard, a wiseman or an advisor. In some versions he engineers the birth of Arthur through magic. Later authors have Merlin serve as the king's advisor until he is bewitched and imprisoned by the Lady of the Lake, who is also supposed to have given Excalibur to Arthur and raised Lancelot after his father dies.
idky,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

...10 10.

Postby idky, » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:55 pm

i can scream with my lips close
        i can shout with my mouth shut
        i can shriek without air
        i can cry help with my tongue still

i can sob without tears
        i can wail without sounds
        i can cry with my eyes dry
        i can feel your hand there

i can panic while in standstill
        i can pray while in pain
        i can loathe you while in silence
        and i can
        i can.
idky,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

...naranja.

Postby idky, » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:15 am

sos hermosa adentro y afuera
        no te entregues a cualquiera
idky,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

...haircut.

Postby idky, » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:34 am

who has not had a mini crisis when asked to write an essay? i bet you have, and i definitely have as well, until i realised the solution to this situation had been right in front of me all along. my various teachers had been insisting for donkey's years that the key to writing a proper essay was planning it beforehand. i turned a deaf ear on this valuable piece of advice. "no planning needed!" i thought, "i will take a trip on the wild side!". i applied the same philosophy when cutting my own hair, and after many attempts, i found out that in both cases the result was not quite what i had expected. why? because writing an essay is just like cutting your own hair. you must look into how to do it properly.
        first things first: what do you want your hair to look like, and how do you achieve the exact shape and length you desire? you will realise that this step is unavoidable, and it is also when planning an essay. you must know what it is going to be about. a helpful tip is to brainstorm some ideas and see how you can connect them. when your decision is made, investigate as much as possible and gather the necessary information so that your writing is ideologically coherent. this information, added to your knowledge of the language, will be your most important tool, without which you can do nothing - just like scissors and mirrors are essential for hair cutting.
        now is the time to put your knowledge into practice. yet to cut hair properly, you must first split it into parts and then get at them one by one. so must you do with an essay. have in mind that the reader ought to be introduced to the subject in order to read all about it in depth later, and of course there is the conclusion, a great excuse to finish your work off with a bang.
        calmly, boldly, grab your scissors and pen and go snippety-snip, scribbly-scrib. it will not look ideal at the beginning, but remember, your work is not done yet. once you have gone through all the layers comes the crucial part of going over what you just created, and correct anything that seems off or askew. keep doing this until it is an even, coherent, harmonious and satisfactory piece of work, beautiful in your eyes. for these final touches make for tidyness.
        last but not least, enjoy your creation! rejoice in the wonderful work of your hands, be proud of it, go and flaunt it and show all your friends your gorgeous work of art - be it your essay, your haircut, or both.
idky,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

...the world will never be the same after reading this.

Postby idky, » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:15 am

you just did it. did what? what every advertising agency aims to attain - your interest, because once you are hooked in, it has a chance to sell. now streets, visual media and our phones are simply crammed with ads, we all know it, they are unavoidable. but what about that sneaky ad you barely even noticed it was one? the title of that interesting article you are about to read, that incredible video you will watch, that amazing online sale you just cannot miss?
        clickbait at best, will call to your attention many products or pieces of information you were already interested in anyways, and present them just one click away. the customers get what they want quick and easy, businesses make money, win-win situation, everyone is happy.
        yet clickbait also presents itself through less innocent ways. while in the first case the product is only harmlessly buttered up for the sake of desirability, in this other case it is awarded with qualities it does not even have. there is a promise that will never be fulfilled completely; in reality those second-hand boots are not good as new, that dog's fur is not naturally blue, and no, that alien-looking flower shown in the video's thumbnail does not really exist. but hey, you did learn something about the other ten fairly strange-looking ones!
        however, the absolute worst kind gives 0% satisfaction, but on the contrary, 100% dissatisfaction. the dreaded virus, disguised as the ultimate solution for your crow's feet. the consequences of clicking on these links are as undesirable as the bodily disfunctions they claim to solve: these virtual trojan horses can and will damage or destroy files and infect system areas of a computer or network router's hard drive. well, the saying goes, if it is too good to be true... better not click it, just in case.
        all around the world, everywhere money plays a part, a sort of clickbait is used, trying to entice the public: shops, restaurants, billboards, hotels, even in respected institutions like schools, hospitals or churches. sometimes clickbait takes a friendlier form, and in other cases it is deliberately deceptive. to avoid being reeled in, bear a critical eye on what is presented through it. that is the key exercise to skirting many dangers in life. who is thinking for you? yourself, or someone else trying to profit off you?
idky,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

...what is who.

Postby idky, » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:40 pm

it was the middle of the night, he was sleepy, calm and lazy as a sloth. he was resting after almost passing out from lack of energy.
        his morning glow had faded throughout the day.
        suddenly he started buzzing like a bee for he had something really important to say.
idky,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

...who is what.

Postby idky, » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:45 pm

he is as fiery as chili, as stern as a grandfather clock, as cranky as an old wooden chair - yet as homey as a fireplace, as cozy as a blanket, and as good as yakult. ginger is as warm as a kitten - because he is one.
idky,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

...mi traducción de "she walks in beauty", lord byron.

Postby idky, » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:59 pm

ella camina, hermosa como la noche
        sin nubes, con estrellas a derroche
        y la penumbra y la luz se hallan
        elevadas en sus ojos, su talla
        domadas bajo su dulce alumbrar
        negado del cielo al día vulgar

una sombra o ausencia de sol
        daña esa gracia innombrable
        que ilumina su dulce arrebol
        o baila en su cabello trenzable
        ¡pura, amada mente bajo su melena!