WME Story | Revelation Of The Past

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

WME Story | Revelation Of The Past

Postby Manx » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Hey everyone! I'm Manx, and I've decided to create a story based on my equid, Mystique. It'll mostly be about her discovering her past, along with any plot twists I can think of along the way! Anyway, feel free to post, and I hope you enjoy it. c:

Feel free to offer critique. I'm always open to suggestions, and I would also appreciate it if you could point out any grammar or spelling mistakes I've happened to miss.

If you own a Wild Mountain Equid and would like them to appear in this story, feel free to post them here, along with their personality. I won't necessarily use them, but I will be including quite a few with a range of personalities.

Last edited by Manx on Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WME Story | Revelation Of The Past

Postby Manx » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Chapter 1 | Dreams of the Past
Chapter 2 | Decisions
Chapter 3 | ---
Chapter 4 | ---
Chapter 5 | ---
Last edited by Manx on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Manx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Manx » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:01 pm

Last edited by Manx on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Manx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Dreams of the Past

Postby Manx » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:06 pm

Chapter 1 | Dreams of the Past

Darkness was all that could be seen. It's cold fingers reached out cruelly, obliterating all signs of light that managed to gleam in the desolate landscape. Waves of cold seem to roll from it, chilling Mystique as she watched the impenetrable wall of shadows begin to envelope her. No matter how fast or far she ran, the wall of darkness always seemed to be able to catch her. Her eyes showing white from fear and her coat slick with sweat, she trembled as it continued to surround her, until a mere pinprick of light could be seen. Then, that too was gone. A despairing whinny escaped her muzzle, and she blindly fought through the suffocating darkness. Somewhere there had to be light; there simply had to. Such darkness could not extend forever, it just wasn't possible. Yet all the same, her blundering strides seemed to draw her no closer to discovering it. In an instant, the darkness began to lighten, turning into thick fog. Still, it blocked all but wane veins of light that allowed her to see no more than perhaps a foot in front of her. Drawing to a nervous halt, Mystique whickered uneasily, hoping that perhaps someone, anyone, would come to help her escape. Despite the heavy fog, she couldn't shake the feeling that something, or perhaps someone, was there. Perhaps merely feet away, or perhaps miles; it was all the same in this grey world. Struggling to move her legs, Mystique desperately attempted to fight through the mist. Her feet suddenly slipping from underneath her, she felt the sensation of falling, and then darkness once again enveloped her...

Mystique woke with a start, sides heaving from her latest nightmare. Her eyes blinked several times as she grew accustomed to the wane light of the spring sunrise, and she shook the frost that had clung to her mane throughout the night. She lay there for several more minutes, listening to the soft breathing of the equids around her as she steadied her pounding heart. For several months now she had been plagued with nightmares, each one almost identical to the next. Always the darkness surrounded her, turning into a thick fog as she desperately tried to escape. Not once had she been able to succeed... Mystique shook her head as she cleared her thoughts, instead focusing on the sun that had just peaked over the horizon. Nearby, the gentle chorus of breath indicated that her herd mates were still fast asleep, as they probably would be until the sun had climbed fully into the sky. Careful not to wake them, Mystique uncurled her tail from around her, shivering slightly as the crisp morning air chased away her warmth. Spring may have begun, but the cold still hung in the air, as it would for several more weeks. 'By then, we'll have another in the herd,' Mystique thought idly, glancing over at Shiana's swollen stomach as she slept, Zohar and Menagerie pressed tightly against her for warmth.

Carefully distangling herself from the others, Mystique stretched as she gazed around at the landscape, the place she knew now as home. The foothills rolled for almost as far as the eye could see, sloping down until it finally met the barren prairie. Behind her, towering mountains rose, cutting swathes from the midnight blue sky. It was the same landscape she had woken to view for the last two years, ever since Zohar and Shiana had first found her, weak and shivering at the base of a mountain slope... She had no recollection of anything prior to that moment; even her name had eluded her. Without them, it was unlikely that she would have survived the night. As it was, she barely lived through the ordeal. Since then, their herd had grown significantly, with Menagerie joining them, and then the young Balthazar and Daedalus. Yet, despite the other changes that had occurred, her memory still had not returned. Even her name, Mystique, had been chosen by herself, with the help of the others. The shadows of the past continued to haunt her, and at times she feared she would never regain any memories. Her entire past? Experiences, friends, family... They were gone. At times, she could vaguely recall something of the past, but it was often like trying to catch the wind. She could feel it, but if she tried to clutch at it, it slipped smoothly away from her grasp.

A soft rustling broke through her thoughts, and Mystique turned slightly to watch as Balthazar strode over to join her. She wasn't particularly surprised by this, as it was often he who was the first to join her each morning. His unusual purple gaze searched her eyes for a moment, until Mystique turned once again towards the sunrise.

"Nightmares again?" Balthazar spoke after a moment, coming to a halt beside her. Although he most likely intended it as a question, he phrased it as a statement. There was truly no need to ask; the nightmares had been a consistent occurrence for several months now.

"Hmm..." Mystique answered absentmindedly, gaze still fixed on the slowly climbing sun.

Balthazar cocked his head slightly, studying Mystique from the corner of his eye. "You're thinking about your past again, aren't you?"

Mystique kept her eyes fixed on the horizon, unwilling to meet his eyes. Despite his youth, Balthazar was annoyingly perceptive, often picking up on others' thoughts and feelings from very few visible cues. She held a great respect for the young stallion, but she would be lying if she said his ability was not trying at times. "Yes," she finally murmured after a moments pause.

It was several more minutes before Balthazar spoke again. "You know," he said slowly, breaking the silence. "Perhaps instead of waiting for your past to reveal itself, it's time to go in search of it. Find the answers you've been looking for."

Mystique snorted skeptically at his words. "And what purpose would that serve, Balthazar? Whoever I once was is gone. This place is the present; my home, my family- and my future. Even if I were to discover what my past held, it wouldn't, couldn't, change anything. If I did choose to seek those answers, how could they possibly help me?"

"Perhaps that itself is the very question you need answered," he murmured softly in reply. Mystique paused now, unsure how to respond. Balthazar took one last sweeping glance at the horizon, then turned to join their stirring herd mates, leaving the sooty buckskin mare lost in thought.
Last edited by Manx on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Manx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jitterbug. » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:45 pm

It looks like you have plenty of WMEs already, but if you are looking for more my two girls Candy and Oreo are free to use. =]

Candy
Candy is a quiet, solitary sort of equid, tending to keep to herself. She waits until she really gets to know and trust someone before she will even have a general conversation, although she often doesn't give other WMEs the chance, often coming across as grumpy and ignorant. She doesn't have alot of friends and she prefers it that way, though to those she very dear. She is very protective of her loved ones and won't tolerate nasty-ness towards them and would never let any of them down. She especially is very protective of her daughter Oreo. She doesn't forgive easily and can hold a grudge for a long time and often seems grumpy and can get aggressive when she thinks that she needs to. She is very serious and doesn't appreciate or find jokes and pranks very funny. She does have a soft side however, and absolutely adores little foals and will help out any mother in need, regardless of whether she knows them or not. She hates the water and does not understand how frogs seem to enjoy it so much. She thinks of them as slimy, horrible creatures and are one of the few things that she is afraid of.

Oreo
Oreo is pretty much the complete opposite of her mother, Candy. She is an innocent, cheerful little equid always smiling and full of energy. She is very likeable and has plenty of friends. She is playful and can usually be found racing around with the other equids, even if she doesn't know them very well or they are significantly older or younger than her. She loves exploring and is very curious, often wandering off on her own to investigate somthing. She loves lide and is proud of who she is, and doesn't care what others think of her. Like her mother however, she will stand up to anyone who is bossing her or her friends around, especially if they are teasing her about being such a shortie.Her hight is the only thing she dislikes about herself. She dreams of being tall, and you will sometimes find her standing on a large rock or mound in an attempt to make herself feel taller.
Last edited by Jitterbug. on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previously HorsesForCourses - please don't steal!

wmes art dams gypsies

Jitterbug.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Manx » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:11 pm

I'll still add them, thanks!
I'm planning to use quite a few, plus I'm looking for a wide range of personalities, so the more, the merrier! c:
╔═════════════════════════╗

нєяє ι ѕтαη∂...

{уσυ кєєρ ιт, тσ яємιη∂ уσυ тнαт ∂єєρ вєηєαтн тнє ℓαуєяѕ
σƒ ∂єνισυѕηєѕѕ, уσυ нανє α ѕραяк σƒ ∂є¢єη¢у.

ρєянαρѕ уσυ ¢συℓ∂ вℓσω ση тнαт ѕραяк σ¢¢αѕισηαℓℓу.}
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
| Characters | Dadrika's Rise |
| Revelation of the Past |

...ιη тнє ℓιgнт σƒ ∂αу
╚═════════════════════════╝
Manx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Manx » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:15 pm

First chapter up <3
I'd love some critique/suggestions! ^^

нєяє ι ѕтαη∂...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

...ιη тнє ℓιgнт σƒ ∂αу
Manx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Potato. » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:10 am

This is probably a late time for comments about the first chapter, but I love it.
So far, it's very literate, well-written, and descriptive. Ever single day I'm on CS I constantly check this page, hoping you've added more to the story. xD I obviously don't have patience. Anyways, it's great so far and I can't wait to read more.
Potato.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Manx » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:07 am

Thank you very much! I'm glad you like it. c:
I probably should have posted this sooner, but I've actually been gone all week, which resulted in me being unable to work on this. Now that I'm actually back, I should be able to work on it far more often. ^^

нєяє ι ѕтαη∂...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

...ιη тнє ℓιgнт σƒ ∂αу
Manx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Manx » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:52 pm

Chapter 2 | Decisions

Mystique trudged slowly across the desolate hill side, ears perked as she listened intently. Her tear-drop shaped ears quivered at every sound, brown eyes searching for signs of her herd. Soon after her conversation with Balthazar that morning, she had slipped away from the herd in order to find some time for herself. There were simply thoughts that had been provoked then that she didn't feel right discussing with the others... Feeling a slight pang of sorrow for what she now had to reveal to her herd, Mystique forcefully pushed the thoughts from her mind. There was no use worrying about such things until they actually must occur. In any case, it had to be done; her mind had been made. Sighing slightly as she gave her short mane a small shake, Mystique brushed her muzzle gently across the bare ground in order to distract herself from the distressing thoughts. The coming of spring had yet to yield any growth, and so much of the landscape was simply barren. What grass did remain was yellow and cracked, a tasteless meal by anyone's standards. It would certainly be a welcome change when the young, green shoots finally did begin to dot the land. After that the herd would likely descend down to the prairie for a short while in the heat of summer, as they did every year.

Raising her head to glance at the sky, eyeing the sun that now risen to its full height, she knew it was time to face her herd. She had managed to avoid them most of the day, but soon they would grow worried and would seek her out. It would not due to worry them in such away, especially for the news she now had to break to them. Her muzzle raised to the air, the breeze carried on it familiar scents and in an instant Mystique knew where her herd was. Turning to the direction of the scent, she strode slowly but purposefully across empty land, taking her time to thread her way across the prairie. Before long the soft, familiar whinnies grew audible and the sounds increased with each step. The land around her turned slightly rockier, and her hooves clattering against the rocks, she descended down to the river bank, where she was now aware her herd was. Hiding her emotions behind a mask of passiveness, Mystique raised her head confidently and strode to join them.

"Myst!" Shiana exclaimed as Mystique appeared, her swollen stomach just barely able to keep above the water's surface. "You just missed it! The baby was kicking."

Mystique smiled at her friend, knowing just how much this foal meant to Shiana. She was already fast approaching the final stages of her pregnancy, and before long her first foal would be introduced to the world. "I'm sorry to have missed it," she politely replied, keeping her voice quiet and controlled.
Manx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me