Kodiak: A True Wolf [Please comment/critque]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Kodiak: A True Wolf [Please comment/critque]

Postby EmoNeko~ » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:45 pm

The Legend
The legend. It is painted across the walls of the wolves ancient cave. Old wolves made it to warn their kin. It shows the cruelty of their past wars between rival packs. The packs all revolve around a huge clan. It is like a kingdom. Packs of all sizes try to overthrow this clan and none are successful. This clan is called Clan of Thorns. They use this special type of plant that is like vines of thorns that protect their borders. One day, another kingdom struck. They were powerful. They fought with all they had. They were the Clan of Storms. But the Thorns weren't about to lose yet. They had a secret weapon. One special wolf. The legend goes:
A wolf is born,
His pelt contains flames,
He will save the clan.
His intelligence out ranks all.
But do not be fooled,
This wolf betrays his kind in his life time,
Beware of Fire Pelt.

Fire Pelt used his smarts to defeat the Storms. In return, he killed all the wolves besides the alpha female in his own Clan. They repopulated the pack and the legend continued. Every few generations Fire Pelt returned, died, and was reborn. The legend now is to pick a new candidate. Never doubt who may be the next Fire Pelt.
Last edited by EmoNeko~ on Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmoNeko~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kodiak: A True Wolf

Postby EmoNeko~ » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:47 pm

Characters:
Max
Dustin
Maya
Alpha
Owl
Shadow
Yvonne
Xavier
Blake
Jake
Wip
Last edited by EmoNeko~ on Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.
EmoNeko~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmoNeko~ » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:48 pm

Contents:
Chapter 1: The Same Old Life _ Pg. 1
Chapter 2: House Pet _ Pg. 1
Last edited by EmoNeko~ on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
EmoNeko~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmoNeko~ » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:49 pm

Little side note:
I'm not the best with grammar skills and being very descriptive. :( I do my best to try to write interestingly so you can get a better picture. If I am just to un literate for you, maybe this isn't your story. Again, sorry.
-Emo
Last edited by EmoNeko~ on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmoNeko~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmoNeko~ » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:50 pm

The Same Old Life
The sun shone down on the peaceful town. Shops lined up to each other accordingly. The streets were alive with the normal buzzing of the morning. Friendly faces everywhere you turned. The cold morning air was fresh and crisp. Ice was stuck to the tops of the shops, most were already frozen into icicles. The snow was slushed to the sides of the road. Further down the road was where most of the cabins were located. All built up of old and chipped wood. At the end of the row, one house was more awake than the others. Playful barks sounded out and echoed. A young laugh cried out. In a wood fenced backyard, the commotion still rang. A boy stood with his arm in the canines mouth. "Max, give it back!" He joked. Max simply growled and pulled his locked jaws backward. His hind leg crunched in the fresh snow. The young teen sighed, letting go of the ball. "Fine. You won," the boy threw his arms up with a smirk. Max watched the boy carefully. Quickly, he dodged out of the boy's path as he tumbled into the snow. "Yuck! You peed here!" The teen spat. The dog dropped the ball and jumped upon the boy's back where he licked the back of his neck. He let his laugh ring out into the forest. Beside their house was the town's forest. The creatures there consisted of raccoons, deer, wild cats, and wolves. People were most wary of the wolves. They were trying to get them exiled from the forest since they were over populating. Max wagged his tail as he let his human boy up. The boy was headed towards the door when he froze. Max's breath floated up as he turned toward where his eyes were locked. Two wolves were staring right at them. Both had dark fur. The one with the lighter pelt revealed it's teeth. Max started to snarl as he rushed the fence. His body stood on his hind legs with his paws hanging over the fence. He barked with pure hatred. His grey eyes were wide with instinct. Kill them... he rammed against the wood fence. It had chicken wire covering the spots he could escape. "Blake! Wolves!" The boy yelled. A few seconds later, a human man holding a shot gun, came running out. His brown hair covered his sweat. Max continued to madly bark and snap at the wolves. "Get in the house, Jake!" The man yelled as he aimed the gun at the lighter wolf. He pulled the trigger and it found a wolf, but not the lighter one. The dark one took the shot and it landed in his fore arm. They both whimpered as they rushed in to the forest. Max still barked and rammed the fence. Blake would have released his dog if he could've chased after. "House," the man said sternly. The mutt barked once more before taking off into the warm cabin. Blake crunched in the snow towards the house, turned toward the forest, and locked the door behind him.
EmoNeko~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EmoNeko~ » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:31 pm

House Pet
Max laid with his head on his paws in the middle of the cabin floor. Under him was a huge white fur pelt of a wolf that they had hunted. His black and red fur moved with his breath, up and down. His black nose occasionally twitched with every movement of his humans. Clicks of his human's computer kept him calm. "I'm gonna take the dog hunting with me tomorrow. We need some dark pelts." Blake smirked. He was scrolling through an online catalog for shotguns. Jake was flipping through channels on their older tv. "Are you sure?" The young boy groaned. "One day a whole pack will attack him and it will be on your hands." He warned. Jake personally liked wolves and hated how their skin was draped along the cabin. Blake simply laughed. "I don't need to worry. This mutt is a malamute and husky. At least I think. Max can fight off fifty." He patted the male canine. Max stretched out at his masters touch. He of course couldn't fight off fifty, but he would kill as many as Blake desired. "I found him in the mouths of wolves, about to be torn apart. I saved him and now he can return the favor." The man spoke. He stuck his hand down to scratch his head. Max yawned and licked his hand with a soft tongue. Jake gave a disappointed sigh. "But the wolves did nothing wrong! Max looks just like one! I bet he is part-," but he was cut of by Blake's stern voice. Max's head perked up with the sound of his name and wolf. "I don't want you to ever say that! Our dog could never be one of them. Don't bring up the subject again." He warned. Jake frowned and let his brown locks cover his eyes. "Can't hide behind your hair forever. I might cut it one night." Blake smirked, swatting at his hair. The young boy laughed and grabbed his hand. They had a small wrestling round before both admitted defeat and sat down. Jake was sprawled along the couch as the sun went down. Max finally got to his paws where he trailed in to the kitchen. His tongue pulled his kibble into his mouth and lapped up his fill of water. He the snuck to the door where he got through the doggy door. He knew how to make his way across the room without being heard. Once through, Max did his business and patrolled his fence. No creature in sight. No wolf in sight. "Finally some quiet." He laid down in the snow. It felt better than the stuffy house. Blake sometimes raised the heater too high so the mix couldn't take the heat with his heavy coat. He decided to turn back when his eyes froze at the forest. Howls rose up from the depth of the dark woods. Their songs. This one was of mourning, probably from the one they shot. It might've died. Max made note so he would find the pelt. The songs rose up just as the Northern Lights did. Max stared amazed. The sight was so breathtaking and beautiful at the same time. Finally the mutt growled as their noise continued. He could usually stand their songs for a few minutes before it raged him. He rushed the fence with a fury of barks and angry yelps. Quickly, Jake came running out. "Get in, boy!" He grunted as he pulled at his collar. Max reluctantly obeyed and scrambled inside. It seemed like Blake already had gone to bed. He listened to Blake better than Jake. Blake was his master and savior while Jake was his equal and friend. "Let's go to bed." The boy patted his leg. Max perked his head, running into his room and on the bed. "Night brother." Jake softly said as he closed his brother's door and his behind him, ready for bed.
EmoNeko~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me