Flamefur's Journey (a warrior cat's story)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

What do you think of the story so far?

Amazing! Can't wait for more!
100%
It's okay. I mean, I read it, but it's not really that great. I've seen a lot better.
No votes
Awful. You shouldn't be writing this. Please stop writing, no one reads it.
No votes
It's not my favorite, but I sort of like it. I like it better than some of the others, but I like some of the other stories I read better.
No votes

Total votes : 2

Flamefur's Journey (a warrior cat's story)

Postby ladybug5 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:00 pm

Flamefur's Journey

Welcome everyone! :D I have decided to write a warriors story based off the books written by Erin Hunter. This is sort of based off my comic, Flamefur's Quest (I haven't added new pages to Flamefur's Quest in a while...just so you know and I won't add pages until I have more time to draw) since both the comic and the story are about my character Flamefur. The story will be a little different than the comic, but there will be some characters and parts that are the same. The reason I'm writting a story about her when I have a comic is because I don't have a lot of time to draw pages for the comic, and I think that writting a story will be easier. (and writting is easier for me than drawing most of the time) You are welcome to post here, but please don't post rude comments. I understand I may not be the best at writting, but I do try hard to make my writting good. So please be nice and if you think you know something that might help me improve my writting, feel free to pm me.

rules:

1. do not steal my writting or characters. (I know this is warriors, and I understand if you have a character with the same name, but please don't make a character that looks, acts, and is exactly the same as one of these characters)
2. Please be nice. If you have an idea that might help me make my writting better, feel free to pm me. But please don't say my writting is horrible or something like that.
3. You are allowed to post here, but remember that it could take me a while to write the next chapter.

Table of Contents

Welcome/rules ~you are here~
preview/summary (like the back of most books you buy, only it will change every so often as I add more)
characters
Chapter 1: Abandoned
Chapter 2: The Clan
Chapter 3: "Who is that kit?"
Chapter 4: Froststar's decision
Chapter 5: "We'll call her Flamekit."
Last edited by ladybug5 on Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
I am one of the Wishing Phoenix! I gift good people their wishlist pets! Please do not send me trades, for I will come to you. Thank you. :)

Image Image
ladybug5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Flamefur's Journey (a warrior cat's story)

Postby ladybug5 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:09 pm

Preview/summary

Flamefur's mother gave her to a warrior to take back to his clan when she was a kit. For a reason unknown to others, she had to give the kit away. Now, Flamefur, soon to be Flamekit, has arrived at the clan's camp. What will the other cats think of her? Will they let her stay? Will they know the kit's secret? The story of Flamefur continues and Flamekit will face challenges most other cats have never faced before.

(okay, I know this isn't very good, but it's the best I can do until I get farther into the story)

Table of Contents

Welcome/rules
preview/summary (like the back of most books you buy, only it will change every so often as I add more) ~you are here~
characters
Last edited by ladybug5 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I am one of the Wishing Phoenix! I gift good people their wishlist pets! Please do not send me trades, for I will come to you. Thank you. :)

Image Image
ladybug5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ladybug5 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:27 pm

Characters

FlameClan
description: coming soon!
prey: rabbits (more coming soon!)
territory: Mostly forest territory with a river running through it. (more coming soon!)

leader:

deputy:

medicine cat:

Stormfeather- black tom with bright green eyes [url]picture (coming soon!)[/url]

warriors:

Raintail- light brown tabby with white paws. [url]picture (coming soon!)[/url]

queens:

kits:

elders:

kittypets and others

Stormy- A silver tabby she-cat with bright green eyes. [url]picture (coming soon!)[/url]

Last edited by ladybug5 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Image Image
ladybug5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ladybug5 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:18 pm

Thunder rumbled through the clouds, the noise shaking a few leaves off the trees. The wind howled as it blew through the forest. Rain pounded onto the forest floor. Unheard above all the noise, was the soft cries of a young kit.

A shadow appeared on a fence of a two-leg place. It was a shadow of a she-cat, with a kit in her mouth. Gently the cat sprang down from the fence, landing softly onto the ground. She seemed to be unable to hear the little kit's cries, or she chose to ignore them. Lightning flashed, lighting up the bushes where the cat was hiding. Her siver tabby fur and bright green eyes reflected the light for a second before the thunder rumbled.

The cat paused, waiting for the light to disappear before she dashed into the forest, ignoring the raindrops that fell onto her fur. The kit cried a little louder, complaining from the cold.

The she-cat ran faster as she reached the border to the forest, trying to avoid being seen by two-legs. She dove into the bushes along the forest's border before gently setting the kit on the ground. She shook the water from her pelt before pausing to lick the water from her kit's fur, trying to keep the kit warm.

She looked up as thunder rumbled through the forest again. A shadow of another cat appeared as lightning flashed again. The she-cat watched the shadow as it came closer, and soon another cat appeared. He paused for a second to sniff the air, as if he was afraid of being followed. He must of not found any scent he feared, for he came closer and climbed into the bushes next to the she cat.

He nodded to the she-cat. "Stormy," he meowed softly and the she-cat nodded, watching him with a tear in the corner of her eye. "You don't have to," he started to say, but before he could finish the sentence, the she-cat stopped him.

"You know I have to. I've already told you. You agreed. This is the only choice."
"But you might not see her again."
"I know."
"but then why?"
"You know why Raintail. It's her only hope. Her only chance."
"It doesn't have to be this way..."
"Yes it does Raintail. You know what will happen. I know I might not see her again, but I take the same chances with you? You know there is always a chance that I might not see you again, why should this be any different?"
"She's just a kit..."
"And you will take care of her." The she-cat replied, looking at the cat. "You must."
The cat sighed and then slowly nodded. "Alright."

The she-cat watched sadly as the cat looked at her again and then gently picked up the kit in his mouth. He watched her sadly, knowing that this way the only way. The she-cat nodded and meowed a good bye. The cat looked around before running out of the bushes and disappearing out of sight, into the forest. As they left, the she cat whispered with a few tears falling from her eyes and onto the ground, "Be safe my little kit. And you too Raintail. I will always love both of you, even if you might not remember me. I will love both of you forever."

Image Image
ladybug5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ladybug5 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:59 am

Raintail ran out of the bushes with the young kit in his mouth. His light brown tabby fur was wet from the rain and his white paws were covered in mud. The kit started to mew again as he came closer towards the river.

As the river came into sight, Raintail skidded to a halt. His light green eyes scanned the river as he looked for the fallen tree that the clan normally used to climb across the river. The only problem was, the tree was not there. The river had flooded and the tree was nowhere in sight.

His eyes widened in surprise and he gently set the kit onto the ground before walking closer to the river. There had to be another way to get to the other side. He watched the water as part of a tree branch floated past him. There was no way he could swim across, especially with a kit. The only other way across the river was inside of FeatherClan territory. He didn't have any choice. It was either swim across, or get caught by another clan's border patrol. He would have to take his chances swimming across. It would take too long to go the other way.

He saw a large piece of bark on the ground that had fallen off a tree. He might be able to use that to keep the kit out of the water. Quickly he ran back to the kit and grabbed her in his mouth. He set the kit on the bark gently and began to push the bark towards the river. Hopefully the the kit would be safe.

He pushed the bark into the water and jumped in to the river and started to swim. Swimming through the river was harder than Raintail had thought. He struggled to swim to the other side, aware that the water was carrying both of them down the river. He swam harder and finally he made it to the other side.

He sprang out of the water and climbed up onto the side of the river. Quickly he grabbed the kit before the water pushed the bark down the river. The kit trembled from the cold and it let out another mew. Raintail stopped to lick the kit's fur, trying to keep her warm.

"We're almost there little one," he meowed softly. "Soon you will be nice and warm inside the nursery." When the kit had stopped mewing and trembling from the cold, Raintail grabbed the kit gently and headed towards the camp. It only took a few minutes until Raintail could see the camp, but by that time he had started to shiver a little from the cold as he had not stopped to lick the water from his fur. He heard voices and soon he saw another cat come out of the camp. It was Stormfeather, the clan's medicine cat.

Stormfeather paused, surprised to see Raintail outside of camp. He ran towards Raintail, seeing the kit in his mouth.

"Don't worry, I'll take the kit. Just get inside of camp and get warm. You don't want to get greencough." Raintail nodded and ran towards the camp. Stormfeather followed him and both cats disappeared into the camp.

Image Image
ladybug5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ladybug5 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:47 pm

Chapter 3: "Who is that kit?"

Raintail paused as they reached the entrance to the camp. He looked back at Stormfeather and the kit to make sure they were still following.

"Don't worry, we're right behind you." Stormfeather called quietly from behind the warrior. "Keep going. I'll take the kit to the medicine cat den and make sure she doesn't need any herbs. You might want to come with us, so I can make sure you didn't catch a cold or something."

Raintail nodded and kept walking, leading the way through camp. He ignored the surprised meows of his clanmates and the whispers of, "Who is that kit?" and "What happened to Raintail?"

Stormfeather walked a little faster until he was walking next to Raintail. "Take the kit to my den and wait for me there," Stormfeather said quietly. "Someone has to tell Froststar." Raintail watched as the medicine cat gave the kit to him, and then walked towards the clan leader's den.

Raintail sighed and kept walking, aware that his clanmates were watching him as he entered the medicine cat den. He didn't know what would happen next, to both him and the kit.

(sorry for the really short chapter everyone. I have to log off now, so...)

Image Image
ladybug5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ri bird. » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:30 am

It's good so far, keep on writing! :clap:
I found the link once I got on the computer ^^
if you want any of my pets...you can find me on contralions and ask me there :)
ri bird.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ladybug5 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:38 am

ria, wrote:It's good so far, keep on writing! :clap:
I found the link once I got on the computer ^^

Thank you :D Right now I'm writting the 4th chapter so it might be posted sometime in the next twenty minutes? I don't know, I'm about halfway through the chapter...

Image Image
ladybug5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ladybug5 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:12 pm

Chapter 4: Froststar's decision

Stormfeather walked towards his clan leaders den. "Froststar?" the medicine cat called softly. At first he thought the clan leader wasn't there, and was just about to leave, when Froststar finally replied, "Come in." Stormfeather walked into the clan leaders den. Froststar was sitting in the middle of the den, watching him. "What is it?" she asked.

"Raintail came back to camp with a kit," Stormfeather replied, not sure of what Froststar would think.
"A kit?" Froststar asked. "Where did it come from?"
"I don't know. Raintail came back to camp with her."
"Her?"
"Yes, it's a she-cat."

Froststar watched him for a few seconds, thinking about something. "What does she look like."
"She has orange tabby fur with white paws," the medicine cat replied, feeling confused.
"Where are they?"
"In my den, but I don't think it would be a good idea to go in there, Raintail might have a cold or greencough..."
"It's fine." And before Stormfeather could stop her, Froststar walked out of her den and headed towards the medicine cat den.

Stormfeather looked around the medicine cat den. The kit had started to meow again, but Raintail didn't even try to stop the kit from crying. He was too worried about what Froststar would do. Froststar was a good leader, but still...what would the other cats think? He looked up, hearing pawsteps and thinking that Stormfeather was coming back, but was surprised when Froststar walked inside. "Raintail, why do you have this kit."
He looked at her surprised. He knew that Froststar was going to ask that question, but he still felt nervous about his answer. He had no choice, he had promised Stormy that he'd look after the kit.
"I found her in the forest," Raintail replied, watching Froststar.
Froststar paused for a moment, as if not sure what to say, and then nodded.
"Can she stay?" Raintail asked softly.
"Yes, for now. We'll decide later."
"Thank you," Raintail replied, feeling glad that he didn't have to explain to Stormy that the kit wasn't allowed in the clan.

Stormfeather walked in the den. Froststar looked at the medicine cat and then walked towards her own den. Stormfeather watched her leave and then walked over to Raintail and the kit. "I need to make sure she isn't sick," he said, "You should go back to the warriors den. You don't seem sick, but I think you should get some rest. The last thing we need is greencough in the camp."
Raintail nodded and walked out of the den, heading towards the warriors den. He ignored the cats watching him and walked inside, hoping the kit would be okay.

Image Image
ladybug5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ladybug5 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:35 am

Chapter 5: "We'll call her Flamekit."

There were plenty of dark clouds overhead, but for the moment the rain had stopped along with the loud rumbles of thunder. Stormfeather had checked to make sure that the kit wasn't sick and was now walking towards the nursery, holding the young kitten in his mouth. Froststar had been waiting outside the den and followed Stormfeather over to the entrance of the nursery, where the two cats stopped next to each other. Stormfeather looked over at Froststar and she nodded.

Raintail had been standing inside the warriors den by the entrance. He had been unable to sleep due to his concern for the kit. As he saw the clan's leader and medicine cat, he padded out of the den and headed towards them. Stormfeather didn't seem worried, so Raintail assumed that the kit must be okay. His pawsteps weren't quiet as he approached; there were some leaves on the ground since it was the beginning of leaf-fall. His ears flattened slightly, feeling a little embarrassed about the amount of noise he was making.

Froststar and Stormfeather were about to enter the nursery when Stormfeather heard Raintail. The medicine cat looked over his shoulder, watching the warrior approach, and waited silently. A few seconds later, Raintail had come to a stop next to Stormfeather.

"What's going on?" Raintail asked. "Is the kit okay?"

Stormfeather simply looked at Raintail and nodded, unable to reply with the kitten in his mouth. Without waiting any longer, he padded inside. Froststar was right behind him. Raintail's tail drooped a little, and he followed the two cats silently, wondering what was going on. He cared about the young kit, as she was his daughter; however he couldn't let any of his clanmates discover his secret since the kit obviously wasn't born in the clan. So far, Stormfeather and Froststar hadn't guessed that Raintail was related to the kit, but Raintail had to be careful and not spend too much time around her after this or his clanmates might suspect that he was related to the kit, if they hadn't already.

Inside the den it was warm and quiet. At the moment there was only one queen in the den, along with her two kits. The queen, known as Sparkwing, was sleeping with her tail wrapped around a completely white kitten and a completely black one. Both of the kits were sleeping too. Stormfeather set the kit down gently on the ground and padded over to the queen quietly. "Sparkwing," he called softly and gently prodded the queen with his paw in his attempts to wake her. Sparkwing's eyelids opened, revealing her amber eyes. Stormfeather had a guilty look on his face, feeling bad about disturbing her rest. The queen lifted her head and looked around the den. Her eyes widened in surprise and she sat up, not feeling completely awake yet.
"I'm sorry," she apologized to the three cats standing in front of her. "I didn't realize you were coming to visit. Is something wrong?"
"It's fine," Froststar assured the she-cat. "We're sorry for bothering you, but we wanted to discuss something with you."

Sparkwing was fully awake now. She glanced down at her kits and got to her paws carefully so she wouldn't wake the kits. Silently she padded closer to Froststar, Stormfeather, and Raintail.

Will finish later!

Image Image
ladybug5

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me