{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:28 pm

When writing, do you prefer to represent and show off your country and culture, explore others’, or create your own?

I like to create my own worlds/countries, but then weave in bits and pieces from other cultures that I find interesting. Actually most of the countries or areas in my main world are based off a place or culture of the real world. Sometimes just to ease my conscience about having a particular species in one part of the world where it wouldn't normally be in the corresponding real world place.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:12 pm

will byers. wrote:
    @Ranger of the North
    woaahhh that's so cool! it's pretty cool how every education system and even homeschooling has its differences <:
It is, eh! c:

When writing, do you prefer to represent and show off your country and culture, explore others’, or create your own?
To be honest I like showcasing mine, since it feels like we're rather underrepresented (overseas, at least) cx If the story's set on Earth, my characters will more than likely be New Zealanders, but if not, I like to create half of a culture and mix some of mine up with it :D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:25 pm

To be honest I like to create my own ^^. My specialty in writing would have to be fantasy, and usually they take place in some sort of faraway world or city c:
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby watts » Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:54 am

I like to do a mix of these! I have characters from all over the world that I like to ask questions for and research about.
    I have lots of characters from my parents' background (we're Brazilian American!) as well as Asian, European, African, etc.! Sometimes, with fantasy pieces especially, I make up my own sort of "world."

rpnt watts ; polyfrag DID system

it/they

apex legends || icon (c) tinivy @ tumblr
watts

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:53 am

Another question! :D
Code: Select all
[b]How long can you ordinarily write for without having to stop for a break?[/b]
I've been sitting down for (in theory) half an hour each day at eleven, and I've found that I can actually only go for about a quarter of an hour (more or less; sometimes it's closer to ten minutes, sometimes it's closer to twenty) before getting restless and needing a break! Not a long one; a toilet-stop and a drink of water is long enough to hit the reset-button, and then I can get back into it. But it's weird!
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby leiawolfe » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:48 am

How long can you ordinarily write for without having to stop for a break?

Aha I like to say an hour or two but usually only fifteen-thirty minutes? XD I just kind of have to get off and clear my mind to find the plot for a bit and THEN come back on, lol.
leah
australia
she/her
talk to me about anything and everything, my dms are always open !! sig is a wip ^^
leiawolfe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachycupcake525 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:50 am

It really depends on my motivation, and how long I can go before someone interrupts me. If I'm really into writing something, I can go for a while, although I haven't timed it or anything.
peachycupcake525

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:31 pm

How long can you ordinarily write for without having to stop?

I've written for two or three hours straight, but that only happens on rare occasions when the muse is SUPER high. I usually write in ten-twenty minute spurts, have a break, and then keep going.
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:08 pm

Well, if I'm determined and not distracted, probably anywhere from ten minutes to an hour, it really depends on how into the story I am and how "in the zone" I feel. Sometimes I can't even write a sentence without getting distracted.
One of the ideal settings for me is to be 'watching' a movie with my family and be writing at the same time, the movie sort of satfies my other sensory needs and I can work better cause I'm half distracted. Don't know if that makes any sense or not. I'm tired.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greenleaf » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:18 pm

It really depends on how motivated I am or what I'm writing about. If I'm super into what I'm writing, I can write for a few hours on end, but if I'm distracted or unmotivated, it might be like... fifteen minutes at most is how long I can keep focused? Then I'll have to forcibly redirect myself to the story lol.

-------'-'------
Chinese ● queer
bi ace ● musician

------------''--
--------------------
#BlackLivesMatter
click here.

--------------------
-----'--'-------
Li 立 ● she/ze ●
student ● writer

-------'----'---