➳ Ethereal (a warrior cat CYO Adventure!)

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

➳ part sixteen

Postby ossa di cervo » Tue May 09, 2017 10:22 am

Nightleg was the first cat to move after the she-cat appeared. He took off at a dead sprint in her direction - his twisted and stunted leg mad him limp but he had learned to work with it and it didn't hinder his speed. Growing up with the defect had also given him a soft, caring heart and he felt the intense need to help this bedraggled she-cat. He reached her and came to a halt, paws sliding under him.

"What's wrong?" he panted when he was sure he wouldn't be attacked.

The she-cat's bright green eyes were wide as she looked at him, "My kit!" she moaned desperately, "His paw got stuck in something. He's in so much pain, I don't know what to do." she spoke so fast that she stumbled over her own words, "I-I smelled all you cats and came as quickly as I cou-could." stuttering, her eyes never left Nightleg's.

The pitch black tom turned to the cats at the Gathering. Froststar and Emberstar hadn't moved, Stagstorm was staring at him with his ears pinned nervously back. Not a cat moved toward him. If Fawnheart had been here Nightleg was positive that she'd be here at his side - they'd always been so much closer then either of them had ever been to Stagstorm. Whipping his head around Nightleg nodded at the she-cat.

"Take me to them, I'll help."

The strange she-cat turned and ran off without a word, Nightleg on her heels. They ran quickly through the woods, hurdling over dead logs, dodging past prickly bushes until they arrived. Nightleg heard another cat behind him and glanced back to see Badgerclaw.

"I came in case you needed the extra paws." he panted to Nightleg.

The two toms turned toward the she-cat's kit. He looked about four moons old and his little frame was passed out, panting heavily, one paw skewed in a painful direction. His pale orange fur was drenched with his own blood from the metal teeth that dug into his bone. Nightleg wasn't sure how he was still alive but he quickly approached, feeling the metal teeth for any kind of way to open them.

"Momma!" one voice called, "Ruby!" another called and two kits, the same age as the one trapped came hurdling out of the nearby bushes toward the she-cat.

"Dawn, Leaf, hush, these cats are here to try and help Hawk." the she-cat cat muttered nervously, herding her kits to her side.

Nightleg quickly turned to Badgerclaw, "What should we do? I don't think the two of us can open this without help.."

Q What do the two toms do?
      A. Badgerclaw leaves to fetch Raintail and Pebblepaw.
      B. The two attempt to open the bear trap themselves.
      C. Nightleg leaves to go to the Gathering and fetch Froststar or Emberstar.
      D. Nothing - Stagstorm appears nearby offering a solution.
Last edited by ossa di cervo on Thu May 11, 2017 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ➳ Ethereal (a warrior cat CYO Adventure!)

Postby ossa di cervo » Tue May 09, 2017 11:04 am

Next part will be up after work! I've been working on finding and linking pictures for each character - if you have any ideas go ahead and pm me! I may not use them but I'd appreciate some help finding good pictures for our crew!
THEXTHEXTHEXTHE
───────────────────────────────
Create A Clan - ➳ who are you again..? - Link Name Here - Link Name Here
─────────────────────────────
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➳ part seventeen

Postby ossa di cervo » Thu May 11, 2017 7:25 pm

A brief moment passed between the toms, "I'm going to go get Froststar.. or Emberstar." Nightleg said to Badgerclaw.

The black and white tom nodded, "I'll make sure these four stay safe." he spoke, quickly turning his gaze onto Ruby. With a twitch of his tail he summoned Ruby to his side.

That was the last thing Nightleg saw before turning and darting into the forest. His mind spun - he hardly saw the forest passing him by as he sprinted toward the Gathering spot. Before he even reached the spot he could hear the muted meowing of the mingling clans, mostly a hushed, urgent tone about them.

Nightleg burst through the foliage, "Froststar! Emberstar!"

The two leaders had their heads bent low together before turning to regard the warrior at the edge of the clearing. Emberstar leaped down from the oak, followed quickly by Froststar and the two jogged toward the black cat.

"Yes?" Emberstar spoke bluntly.

"That she-cat's kit got it's paw stuck in some weird metal teeth. I think it's leg is broken..." Nightleg trailed off, remembering the pain and heartbreak of when he broke his own leg.

"Juniperear, Bouldertail, Sheepface!" Emberstar called out, her gaze never leaving Nightleg's. The three warriors approached steadily yet swiftly, "I need you three to go and help Nightleg with a trapped kit," she looked at the black and white she-cat, "you learned some things from Owlsong while you were a kit."

"Take Paleflower." Froststar spoke up, "You have Badgerclaw, a few extras paws could help. If you need either Raintail or Owlsong, send Paleflower."

The two leaders and young warrior nodded before the company of five took off back toward the trapped kit. They arrived in short time to find Ruby, Dawn and Leaf huddled behind Badgerclaw who was still intently examining the metal teeth. Nightleg and Bouldertail quickly set to work trying to help Badgerclaw pry the things open while Sheepface examined the kit's leg. After several long moments Juniperear showed up with a long, thick stick and shoved it between the teeth. It took the work of Juniperear and Bouldertail together before they were able to push the teeth apart. Sheepface and Nightleg quickly pulled the little tom out.

With a squeal Ruby rushed forward but Sheepface interrupted, "Not yet!" she snapped, pushing herself between the kit and it's mother.

Q How does Ruby reply to Sheepface?
      A. By sliding her claws out and growling with a rude remark.
      B. Cowering and slinking back toward her other kits.
      C. With a curt nod, desperate glances toward Hawk.
      D. A gasp and glances at the other warriors in exasperation.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu May 11, 2017 8:15 pm

A! c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fg05281 » Thu May 11, 2017 11:38 pm

Omg Ranger, we are not doing, "Pick the most evil option on the screen" Again. Stop this at once. XD
fg05281

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

➳ part eighteen

Postby ossa di cervo » Fri May 12, 2017 9:35 am

Ruby's claws slid into the soil underpaw and her lips curled skyward lighty, "That's my son!" she hissed, eyes blazing into Sheepface's skull.

Sheepface didn't falter, "I know that, but you can't bother him now, we have to figure out if he'll survive." the she-cat spoke softly to the agitated mother, "Nightleg, Badgerclaw, can the two of you go get Raintail?" Sheepface turned toward the warriors, "I'm not sure I can handle this."

Ruby's tail lashed behind her - she hadn't lost a drop of her irritation. Nightleg moved forward, locking his gaze with Ruby, "If you want to come with us, you can."

The loner's lips dropped though her claws still clung tightly to the dirt, "I can't leave Hawk.." she hesitated, eyes locking onto her son's limp body then flicking to her other two, "Dawn, Leaf." the two kits hurried to their mom, "Stay and watch Hawk, I'm going with this nice cat to find someone who can save him."

With a gulp the trio set off toward the WillowClan camp. It was much a hike and they reached it before the sun had breached the treetops. Nightleg hurried off toward Raintail's den while Badgerclaw kept Ruby near the camp entrance. The entire clan had woken from their slumber to stare at this strange smell and Ruby's fur was standing on edge when Raintail and her new apprentice, Pebblepaw approached. Pebblepaw had a bundle of herbs in her jaws and Raintail didn't say a word as she pushed through out of camp. Badgerclaw, Nightleg and Ruby followed close behind the medicine cat and her apprentice.

When they all arrived the two experts set to their work.

"He'll never use his paw again." Raintail spoke bluntly, poking the nearly disconnected front paw with her own paw, "In fact, it'll probably fall off soon."

Ruby gasped loudly, "Without a paw!? How?!" Nightleg cleared his throat awkwardly and Ruby's gaze locked onto his, "What?" she demanded.

Nightleg lifted his own limp, twisted paw and tilted his head. Ruby looked at his paw and nearly shrunk into her own skin. Nightleg could smell the she-cat's embarrassment but he simply smiled lightly, shaking his head as if to say it was fine.

"Alright, enough, let's get him back to camp." Raintail snapped, motioning Badgerclaw and Nightleg to pick the kit up, "Keep him even, make sure that tore up paw doesn't hit anything. Sheepface, Juniperear, Bouldertail, you can go home."

The three RavenClan warriors nodded lightly and took their dismissal with ease. The WillowClan cats set off with the tore up kit in tow, Ruby and her other two close behind. When they arrived in camp Nightleg told the loner and her kits to go settle in with Foxtail.

Q How does Froststar greet the loner and her kits in the morning?
      A. By telling them to leave as soon as possible.
      B. By letting them know they were welcome until Hawk could walk, but only then.
      C. Inviting Ruby and her kits to join the clan - allowing her kits to become apprentice's in two moons.
      D. He doesn't. The kits and loner go the day and several more without a word from the leader.
ossa di cervo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fg05281 » Fri May 12, 2017 12:29 pm

C, cuz I wanna be nice(for now)
fg05281

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri May 12, 2017 3:08 pm

oh, nuuu! Poor Hawk! ):

fg05281 wrote:Omg Ranger, we are not doing, "Pick the most evil option on the screen" Again. Stop this at once. XD
Whaaat, it was the most interesting and most realistic!!? XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fg05281 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:54 pm

*Sighs* Fine, use whatever logic you must.
fg05281

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me