{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby The Worst Username » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:40 am

@Silver
    Thank you for the explanation! That makes a lot more sense now.
Nitro Indigo wrote:Worst, thanks for calling me Indigo! Most people call me Nitro, even though "Indigo" is the focal point of my username.

The thread in question.

Ah, no problem--and thank you for the link; that looks like a pretty interesting thread. Have a nice day!
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonblaze-Angel » Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:19 pm

(Random Question)

Do you guys know if you can post a thread asking for characters for your writing? I've been trying to come up with some more, and my mind is simply blank. I saw some people hosting similar things as contests in the art section for their comics, so I think it's okay? (Also...I'd totally love it if some of you guys have some interesting characters to add in! I can give you a brief description of the story, but it's still in the beginning stage.)

Code: Select all
[b]Has your username ever given you odd nicknames?[/b]

^Because of Indigo^ I'm usually called Angel, which is what I prefer, but for a while I have somebody call me Angelpoooooooooooooo, and another call me Angey. One oddball friend of mine actually called me Moon for a while.
Moonblaze-Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:06 pm

^ nope, if I ever get a nickname it's usually Py lol
As for your character question, I don't see why that wouldn't be allowed but maybe you could send in a help ticket just in case?
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:54 pm

Has your username ever given you odd nicknames?
Free-Fly-Five-Song-Star(s)-Helicopter-Mcfly- are my nicknames on here and Nano. Probably the weirdest is Helicopter. Someone on Nano gave it to me. Hey, does anyone have their username named after their characters? Mine was the title of a poem I wrote ages ago.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Megaguirus » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:05 pm

Typically Mega or Meg, nothing too crazy, honestly. I find Meg a little weird though, because that real human name does not fit the kaiju Megaguirus.

@TheSongOfTheStars

On another forum I was called SheWolfWarrior, which was the title of a character of mine. I couldn't carry it on here, though, because there was somebody with the exact same username except it only had hyphens between the words. That's why I just went with my second favorite Godzilla monster, Megaguirus.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:06 pm

Moonblaze-Angel wrote:(Random Question)

Do you guys know if you can post a thread asking for characters for your writing? I've been trying to come up with some more, and my mind is simply blank. I saw some people hosting similar things as contests in the art section for their comics, so I think it's okay? (Also...I'd totally love it if some of you guys have some interesting characters to add in! I can give you a brief description of the story, but it's still in the beginning stage.)

[b]Has your username ever given you odd nicknames?[/b]

^Because of Indigo^ I'm usually called Angel, which is what I prefer, but for a while I have somebody call me Angelpoooooooooooooo, and another call me Angey. One oddball friend of mine actually called me Moon for a while.
There's a forum here c:
I've been called Ranger, North, and Dunedain cx

TheSongOfTheStars wrote:Has your username ever given you odd nicknames?
Free-Fly-Five-Song-Star(s)-Helicopter-Mcfly- are my nicknames on here and Nano. Probably the weirdest is Helicopter. Someone on Nano gave it to me. Hey, does anyone have their username named after their characters? Mine was the title of a poem I wrote ages ago.
Mine used to be 'Black Robin', which is a character of mine ;D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Petlover552 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:25 pm

Is anyone here up for editing a few chapters of a short novel I am working on?
There is a link in my sig if you want to give it a go... thank you <3

Image Image

xx
xx
xx
Hi, I'm Amber ♡ I have a long list of stuff I am addicted to... but I will make
it short and sweet, cuz I don't think you wanna be here all day cx
I love all animals, Spirit, Marvel shows and movies (Iron Fist, Civil War, Captain America, Ant-Man, Spider-Man), DC tv shows (Arrow, Supergirl, DC Legends of Tomorrow), and writing c:

Do you like to write? Come on over to Writer's Haven Forum!
I would love to get to know you and read your writing c:

↓ Adventurous Fiction Novel ↓
The Fire Stone
Petlover552

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackbird. » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:00 am

has your username ever given you odd nicknames?
        not particularly. with my current username (blackbird.), people call me either blackbird or just bird which are both totally fine with me. previously i was chickennugget63, and my nicknames were chicken or nugget. kind of normal, i suppose.

@thesongofthestars + @everyone who's mentioned it before:
      so i noticed you mentioned nano and i remember reading it here previously, and i was wondering what that was about? i tried googling camp nano and the search result was camp nanowrimo - is that the right one? (because i don't think nano-biotechnology camps are what you guys are referring to here cx ) i tried reading up on it but i still don't really get it. i don't quite understand what it's for and what people do there? is it a us thing or is it global because i've never heard of it where i come from.
blackbird.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyjaks » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:40 am

Nano stands for Nanowrimo which stands for national novel writing month. It's an event every November where, if you want to participate, writers are encouraged to try to write a 50,000 word novel over the month of November. Anyone can participate and it's really great:)
Similarly, camp nano is like a "tuned down" version of nanowrimo that occurs in April in July. Instead of having the set word count goal, you basically set your own goal for that month- either to write a certain amount, revise old projects, etc. it's a lot more broad than nanowrimo.
Pyjaks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:19 am

Not really...most people just call me Worst. I think someone called me "the best username" once because we were in the same side of a debate or something? I have given my fair share of strange names, though; one time I forgot someone's username in a quote so I just put:
    Thing wrote:ddddddddddddddddddddddddd

At least they didn't get offended.

This counts as a writing question, no?
[b]Do you have a pen pal?[/b]
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes