{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby Nitro Indigo » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:24 am

Silverhart wrote:Unless every single prophecy maker in every book is actually a quack, and every single character is just super gullible, in which case that would actually be hilarious.

Oh boy, "The person to defeat the evil will literally be the only person to stand up against evil." And by the way, literally no one else should stand up for themselves against the evil while everything you love and care about is being destroyed, because heaven forbid you prove the prophecy wrong just to save the lives of your loved ones.

Someone needs to write a story based on the first idea, while the second idea is a better way to explain why I don't like prophecies than I ever could. It frequently feels like everyone just expects one person to save the world while they stay at home, playing poker, I guess, instead of trying to make a change for themselves.
Greetings, citizens of the internet! You can call me Nitro Indigo, and I want to be identified by what I do, not what I am. I like Pokémon, The Legend of Zelda, Klonoa, among other things. I also have a YouTube channel.
Nitro Indigo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:49 pm

Hey guys! I have two new competitions up! :D Click the pictures below if you're interested in either :D

The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:01 am

Code: Select all
[b]What is one thing that you regret writing?[/b]
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:06 am

What is one thing that you regret writing?
Nnnng.... some of my early one shots are really terrible. And the first 'book' I wrote was just the worst.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverhart » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:02 am

I regret nothing!

Everything I wrote, no matter how bad was a step towards where I am now. I mean, if I actually had shared any of my early writings then yes, I would very much regret it today. Luckily I never did though. XP So I can read back my horrible old stories and cringe and laugh without fear of them ever seeing the light of day.
Silverhart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peachycupcake525 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:21 am

A roleplay I was in several years ago. Everyone else was just so good at writing but my characters and writing were horrible. I had this really shy character who was suddenly talking and laughing with a random kid (and sharing her magical power with her) and the characters talked awkwardly and stuff and my writing was just horrible. Luckily it has been buried for a while.
peachycupcake525

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:59 am

I don't regret writing any specific thing, but I do regret sharing some of my atrocious early writings. Kind of like Silverhart, honestly, but they probably had a brain back when they started writing; I didn't. So, I posted a lot of my garbage. I cringe just thinking about it.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverhart » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:21 pm

The Worst Username wrote:What is one thing that you regret writing?
    I don't regret writing any specific thing, but I do regret sharing some of my atrocious early writings. Kind of like Silverhart, honestly, but they probably had a brain back when they started writing; I didn't. So, I posted a lot of my garbage. I cringe just thinking about it.

Oh trust me, I had no brain back then either. I just didn't have any place to post my writing. XP Or any desire to post my writing.

Actually... there might be some old, horrible fanfiction somewhere... but it's under a different username that I don't even remember, so nobody will ever know! Ha ha! XD Seriously though, I'm so glad I never had the desire to post any of my writing online when I was young and couldn't write (except for that fanfiction, but we do not speak of it).
Silverhart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:11 pm

A cheesy haha oh no a pun collab I started with smaller cousins and siblings. About mice. And really, really bad *winces*
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolechia » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:16 pm

I don't really regret writing anything. Why? Those sloppily written pieces have made me see how far I've come and can help give me the motivation to keep writing. I do regret sharing a few. I have one piece though I DO REGRET WRITING. I cannot share as it likely breaks every rule on the site. It was so bad and cringe worthy. It was a bad fanfiction with a even worse pairing. Why am I like this-
xxx
.✦ Charlie - He/They - Adult ✦.

.✦ There's No Night Without Stars ✦.

Hello! I don't tend to use this site much anymore but I'll still pop on every now and then. I hope to make some new friends regardless.
xxx
kolechia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me