{ INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: { INKLINGS v.4 } A Thread For Writers

Postby Greenleaf » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:41 pm

First thing that pops into your head when you think of 'cliches'?
Love triangles for sure. I'm not overly bothered by other plot/character clichés like the typical jock/cheerleaders vs nerds or something because sometimes people can use those and come up with great new things, but love triangles that contribute little to nothing to the plot always make me twitch a little, lol.

-------'-'------
Chinese ● queer
bi ace ● musician

------------''--
--------------------
#BlackLivesMatter
click here.

--------------------
-----'--'-------
Li 立 ● she/ze ●
student ● writer

-------'----'---
Greenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:32 pm

Strong female lead. Also just the basic definition because that's what I looked up cause I didn't know what it meant.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby emoji movie » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:35 pm

bad boy x nerd girl relationships make me cringe. some of them can be good, admittedly, but
    after being on wattpad for a solid month, every time i see 'bad boy x nerd girl' relationships, i
    can't picture anything but stupid plots (if the story has a plot at all :P) and the most boring
    characters
emoji movie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:17 am

Teenage dystopian fiction. I don't know how so many authors can pump out these formulaic plots and have millions of people rave about their books.
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolechia » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:23 am

posted a forum on the other thread x

Oh boy here we go. Popular bratty girl constantly bullying and picking on unpopular girl and her friend for no reason at all both of them having a crush on the same guy...the guy not liking the popular girl because she is too clingy and just talks about fashion non-stop....not the mention she has a bunch of mindless followers who act the same way she does.

E.g every teen drama I have ever watched or read-
xxx
.✦ Charlie - He/They - Adult ✦.

.✦ There's No Night Without Stars ✦.

Hello! I don't tend to use this site much anymore but I'll still pop on every now and then. I hope to make some new friends regardless.
xxx
kolechia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby connoisseur » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:52 am

there are so many things... honestly most people write whatevers popular, but oh my lord. i will never stopping coming across the billionaire rich dude x poor girl plot. it annoys me so much, because its just people copying each other over and over. that and the girl falling in love with her childhood bully. people who usually write this plot dont really understand what bullying actually does to a person.

---

its been about a year since i post here- i just checked and its been two years since i last posted here what the hec

ive been trying so hard to get back into writing.. but school has been putting so much stress into me lately its unbelieveable. also ive noticed a couple things since i moved to a different state.

im pretty sure everybody has a similar writing structure when composing an essay; introduction, body paragraph(s) and conclusion. the way i used to write them and the way i was taught in my other state was; introduction paragraph, three body paragraphs and conclusion. and on the state test, they would provide two pages to use.

now, here, my new state, i find it difficult to understand their writing. they leave us 26 lines to write our essays. and its hard to believe how they want us to compose it. for the introduction, its just a thesis sentence and they make us go into the body right away without any indentations. then for the conclusion, its the only thing thats indentated after that.

ive asked my teacher about it but she seems as if she doesnt want to teach anyways. she only assigns homework, packets, and essays she hasnt taught as about and expects us to complete them because its an 'ap class.'

so. im stuck in a horrible english class and i have testing this week.

anybody else have trouble with writing essays? the format here is making me go crazy and i keep getting low scores because im not used to it.
listography || my writings
"Tell me something about my existence. Whether profound or ruse."
- David Adjaye
connoisseur

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:26 am

connoisseur wrote:e, i find it difficult to understand their writing. they leave us 26 lines to write our essays. and its hard to believe how they want us to compose it. for the introduction, its just a thesis sentence and they make us go into the body right away without any indentations. then for the conclusion, its the only thing thats indentated after that.

ive asked my teacher about it but she seems as if she doesnt want to teach anyways. she only assigns homework, packets, and essays she hasnt taught as about and expects us to complete them because its an 'ap class.'

so. im stuck in a horrible english class and i have testing this week.

anybody else have trouble with writing essays? the format here is making me go crazy and i keep getting low scores because im not used to it.

What kind of structure is that? Seems like your teacher is just too lazy to grade actual essays, as I'm sure you've assumed. And yes, essays are terrible! I always manage to land smack-dab in the middle of touchy subject matter (namely race, immigration, religion, and LGBT), or I end up writing in such a sarcastic tone that I get a bad grade. We have testing right now too; it's horrible. Eh, I guess it could be worse.

Code: Select all
[b]How does your tone differ depending on whether you're writing something you love or something you hate?[/b]

I tend to sound very sarcastic when I have writer's block or when I hate what I'm writing; when I'm interested in the thing I'm writing, the thing is pretty much drowned in description.

Code: Select all
[b]What's the last writing project you abandoned?[/b]
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Greenleaf » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:59 am

How does your tone differ depending on whether you're writing something you love or something you hate?
When I'm writing something I love, then the stuff I produce is at least halfway decent. If I'm being forced to write something I genuinely loathe or am uninterested in, then my writing will be stilted and ramble-y and will make little sense, and I'll usually be in a pretty foul mood afterwards. I don't like it when I'm forced to turn my writing into a chore.

What's the last writing project you abandoned?
lol, way too many. Though admittedly, most of my projects nowadays are mostly just put aside or are in some perpetual stage of development rather than abandonment. I did have a Holmes fanfic I was working on during the summer that never really got off the ground, and before that I think it was some sort of Warriors fic.

-------'-'------
Chinese ● queer
bi ace ● musician

------------''--
--------------------
#BlackLivesMatter
click here.

--------------------
-----'--'-------
Li 立 ● she/ze ●
student ● writer

-------'----'---
Greenleaf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolechia » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:12 am

How does your tone differ depending on whether you're writing something you love or something you hate?

My tone when I'm writing something I love I'll write lots of detail and go over the top with descriptions. If I hate it, it will be very sloppily and not well laid out and rather bland.
xxx
.✦ Charlie - He/They - Adult ✦.

.✦ There's No Night Without Stars ✦.

Hello! I don't tend to use this site much anymore but I'll still pop on every now and then. I hope to make some new friends regardless.
xxx
kolechia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:45 am

Yeah. When I love it, it sounds much more pretty or flowery, like I've put much more effort into it, when I hate it, it sounds rubbish.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me