❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Aliria » Mon May 29, 2017 12:05 pm

Do you write better when you're feeling strong emotions, or do you write better when you're feeling more neutral?
I'm not sure whether or not I write better, exactly. When I'm feeling strong emotions, I tend to have ideas for stories which are extremely self-insert-y and pretty much just my life but with the people renamed. Then I write almost none of them because once whatever caused the strong emotions is over, I'm stuck with a story that's basis is not longer there and it's really hard to write more.

Have you ever tried to write a comic/graphic novel?
I have a few ideas for stories I want to make into webcomics, but I'm a terrible artist, so it's never gonna happen. I have thought about asking one of my friends who is an amazing artist to collaborate on a comic with me, but I never get around to actually asking anyone.

When/If you listen to music while you're writing, do you repeat one song for hours on end without getting tired of it or do you have a playlist? Do you switch between the two? Something else?
Usually if I'm listening to music while I write, it'll be my normal playlist I keep on in the background for everything.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Mon May 29, 2017 12:12 pm

I haven't written for weeks, guys. Now that it's summer break, my motivation to do anything has gone down to practically zero. Any tips on getting motivated? I really don't want the writing to seem forced or bland and devoid of feeling :0

No, but I've always wanted to make a comic! I just don't have any ideas, and it takes a huge amount of work and dedication. I'm already trying to focus on CITR c:

When/If you listen to music while you're writing, do you repeat one song for hours on end without getting tired of it or do you have a playlist? Do you switch between the two? Something else?
No and no. Usually I just play music that I like. It has nothing to do with my writing or the scenes. I just need that background buzz, ya know?
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Mon May 29, 2017 12:16 pm

@Silver, or anyone else looking for inspiration, I can send you pictures/prompts via PM if you want help getting motivation. Not sure how well it'll work, but I can give it a shot.

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Mon May 29, 2017 12:40 pm

That'd be great! Although, I really am just trying to get myself to work on my one main novel, right now. I don't want to get distracted with other ideas cri
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Mon May 29, 2017 1:22 pm

Do you write better when you're feeling strong emotions, or do you write better when you're feeling more neutral?
I'm better at strong emotions if I manage to make myself feel strong emotions :p Otherwise, I don't really know. I have managed to make writing a reset-button; my go-to stress-relief thing, though, so... i dont know okay im tired *dies*

*shoves horrendous into the fire* NO NO NEVER WHY WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU THINK THAT, HAHA

I surf the 'net and get sucked into disney conspiracy theories..... It's fun though! XD

why the sad song, noooooo

Silver, I wish I could help! But all I can do is relate.... XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sparrow; » Mon May 29, 2017 6:28 pm

Time to be active on this thread again!

@winged-backpack - I hope you manage to sort things out between you and your friend! PM me if you still need some feedback c:

Emotions are usually a distraction for me. Personally, I write best when my brain is calm so that my mind doesn't wander off. When I'm planning and world-building, though, emotions are better. They make my ideas more interesting.

I wrote up a small thing for my friend, who wanted to make a little comic but didn't have any ideas. I'm terrible at art myself, though, so not really c:

@DeMaizu - Happy (late) birthday to your brother!

I don't listen to music when I write... it's too distracting. I get distracted REALLY easily and I can't help but start getting absorbed in the song and ignoring what I'm writing.

@Ranger of the North - Ranger, show us. You must. I need to see this comic.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text
text text text text text
text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
link goes here | link goes here
link goes here | link goes here
signature credit
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
text text text text text text text text text

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sparrow;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Mon May 29, 2017 7:28 pm

@ranger
Show us!!
Bookworm | she/her | bi & demisexual
I am Arya22 and I'm a female who likes reading
Pm me to chat about anything at all!
Signature coded by Amburned. Thank you!!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Worst Username » Tue May 30, 2017 1:55 am

@Silver
    If you want to work on your current project instead of spawn new ideas, then I'd say "oil your gears". Here's some things that I do when I'm unmotivated partway through a story:

-Write out a basic summary of what's going to happen in the next section (e.g. Prologue: K sneaks into G's home while G is trying to bring back the dead, K sneaks up behind G and tries to steal her magic wand, K and G get into a huge fight, the spell works and zombies come out of the woodwork, the zombies eat their brains)
      -Try narrating how the event will start
      -Write the event out on a different document so as not to "taint" your current one with potentially bad writing
      -Write for five minutes straight without obsessing over quality/perfect grammar, then go back and see what you can do with that section
    Don't worry about your writing seeming forced or bland. We have delete keys for a reason, so just start writing and release your image of the ideal chapter.

I'm in the middle of storyboarding the creation myth of a society I made up for my current writing project. All the characters are gundis (African desert rodent), even the god. I'm planning to do watercolor for it, but I'm not good at watercolor, and I don't know how to draw gundis. This is going to be an interesting learning experience, to say the least, and I should probably stop rambling.
Ranger of the North wrote:Have you ever tried to write a comic/graphic novel?
*shoves horrendous into the fire* NO NO NEVER WHY WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU THINK THAT, HAHA

let us see this beautiful creature
yeet
The Worst Username

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minimire » Tue May 30, 2017 2:51 am

minimire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crazy-in-wonderland » Tue May 30, 2017 3:54 am

I'm so slow to the party, didn't notice we got a new thread going! I just thought everyone was super quiet. Awkward...

@silver: I don't know if this would help you but it helps me, I recently joined a writers group in my town and go every week. I hadn't written in weeks prior to this but just listening to everyone's stories gave me the motivation to write. I literally left and wrote a short story till 1 am :lol:
Or read a book that you really like, helps me when I'm in another world to find a story!

I try to stay away from topics that I get strong emotions from, mostly because it's really anger or sadness that I feel on these topics. Hence, I write about murders and fantasy because you don't really need emotion to write a good story with them, neutral for me is definitely better!

I tried and failed, the plot was going no where and the characters were so boring! I deleted it almost as quickly as I wrote it.

Whenever I write I'm nearly always listening to music or watching an episode of something. I multitask I guess. Mostly listen to beyonce when I'm writing though because who doesn't need to listen to her nearly everyday!
crazy-in-wonderland

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me