❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Megaguirus » Tue May 23, 2017 11:31 am

Oh wow, I've missed a lot. Not that I'm that active anyway, but hey, I'm back. I've been exceptionally lazy with my writing currently, though this is mostly to blame for moving, which has slaughtered my muse. On the other hand, my room has a very inspiring view, so I can see many stories in the future.

Also, neat quote!

Speaking of which, how do you all handle writing multiple stories at once, if at all? Do you focus on one story mainly, switch between them, have some sort of pattern,or just forget about some of them oops ?

I tried working on multiple stories, but I soon got confused, sometimes even writing one in first person when it should've been third because the other story was in first. Now I just try to focus on one story, and when I do lose interest or focus, I move onto a short story. But I only work on one novel at a time.

Do you tend to drop stories partway through? When do you drop them--outlining, rising action, falling action?

Most are dropped partway through, and usually in rising action. When I can't think of anything else to add to keep it going, I drop it. Other times the thought or idea seems so stupid I drop the story even before I outline it.

Do you find it easier to write poems, short stories, or longer works? Do you know why?

I write the best poems when I'm depressed, so I find it very hard to write poems, since I don't get depressed often or for long. Short stories are fun exercises, and the favorite stories I've written are typically short. But novels I find the easiest because I'm in for the long haul, and that means more world and character building and more time to befriend and fall in love with my characters.

Speaking of aphantasia (having no ability to visualise imagery in your head), do any of you have it? Or do you have really vivid, active imaginations, or even synaesthesia (seeing colours when you hear music, and other similar sensations where the senses get mixed up)? How does your imagination impact your writing?

Ah, I just have a vivid imagination. The home I grew up in had a wooden ceiling, and when I was laying in bed I used to imagine the knots as horrifying faces, and even pictured monsters coming out of the cracks. Now yes, I was a kid, and kids are known for seeing "monsters", but that imagination has carried with me into adulthood, and I still see monsters in shadows. This vivid imagination has also conjured weird dreams and has carried me into endless daydreams. As for its impact, it is the reason I write. If I lost it, I would not be able to write.
Megaguirus gets distracted by a butterfly. So pretty.

"Go ahead reveal yourself,
As you were born to do,
Their fathers killed the prophets,
Hallelujah! They're going to kill us too."
Children 18:3 - Final

Female/Christian/Homeschooled/INFP/FNaF/Godzilla/Writer/Bugs/Cockroaches/Markiplier
"I'm wearing no disguise, a Jesus Freak 'til the day that I die. And I will not compromise, throw every stone but you can't take my life." 7eventh Time Down - Alive in You
Megaguirus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue May 23, 2017 4:53 pm

Klain wrote:Ahhh! c: Just decide to go outside in the garden and write something. Today's weather is so beautyful!
First I had the problem that I have no idea how to continue with the one story so I gave up. I opend the other story and I literally can't stop writing ! ^.^

EDIT

I just realized that I start every paragraph with I. It annoys me. I'm really trying to start with another word, but no. Ugh. Do you have the same 'problem' sometimes? What are you doing that this sin't happeing (to much)?
Aaah, that's so great! :.D

yEs, I get this quite a lOt, sadlY... Like the others said, it's nothing a little rephrasing won't fix though c; When I find myself putting in too many 'I' sentences (or even just subjects in general), I usually pause for a bit and change it. Here's a small paragraph, so I can explain what I usually do e'scuse me while I mindlessly enjoy myself:

xxxxxI leap to my feet, angrily raising a clenched fist. I can't see straight. I slowly advance on my adversary, feeling my face grow a hot, angry red.

So at about this point, I'll decide that the first 'I' is okay, the second is kinda necessary and border-line okay, and the third wrecks things. It's really interesting what a small switch can do i'm sorry. i'm weird, i know; usually, I'll just move the 'slowly' and the 'I' around :p So I'm left with this:

xxxxxI leap to my feet, angrily raising a clenched fist. I can't see straight. Slowly I advance on my adversary, feeling my face grow a hot, angry red.

See? c: Sometimes I just make a simple switch, but sometimes I look for a different opener; like 'Breathing heavily, I slowly...' etc.
So yeah. My long explanation/advice XD

BucketORandomness wrote:Image

Found this for anyone who may need the reminder >^.^<
o.o
that's so cool! :.D
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeMaizu » Tue May 23, 2017 5:43 pm

I read "Neil Gaiman" as "something German." I wonder if that means I should get back to learning it . . . .

By the way,
Code: Select all
[b]Do you write a lot of fanfiction? What kind? How does it affect your other, longer writings?[/b]
DeMaizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby anxious ghost » Tue May 23, 2017 5:49 pm

Do you write a lot of fanfiction? What kind? How does it affect your other, longer writings?
Nope. I don't do fanfics; writing or reading it.
╔════════════════════╗
ghost // they/it
nonbinary // queer
ghostkin // otherkin

just a gay lil ghost
not very active anymore

sig by me
╚════════════════════╝
anxious ghost

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Tue May 23, 2017 5:56 pm

Do you write a lot of fanfiction? What kind? How does it affect your other, longer writings?
*clears throat*
*shoves millions of finished and in progress Doctor Who fan fics under the bed*
Nope. Don't write any fan fictions at all! Heh....
But if I did *cough cough* it would probably make me focus on fan fictions instead of my main work. Yup.
I totally don't have an AO3 account and the link is totally not in my signature *cough cough*
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue May 23, 2017 6:09 pm

Nope! I have one chapter of one fanfiction that I started... maybe a year and a half ago? And that's it. I DON'T WANT TO BREAK THE CHARACTERS! Besides, creating my own is funner cx
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyoovi » Tue May 23, 2017 6:27 pm

xxx
I've written a new piece that I'm planning on updating fairly frequently ouo It's basically centered around my persona - I'd really love it if I could get some feedback on it!

For those of you who've read it and don't understand what I was going for in the prologue: Vincent has eleven "alter egos" living inside his mind. However, instead of just being these mental concepts, the alter egos are actually all different aspects of what make Vincent who he is. They can temporarily take over his body and change his appearance dramatically - none of them look quite the same as Vincent, but they're all the same person, essentially. They're all Vincent, but from alternate realities. (This will be developed further as the story goes on.)
nyoovi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CJClaire » Tue May 23, 2017 7:00 pm

I pretty much learned how to write because of fanfiction, and I wrote a BUNCH of terrible self-insert stories. Then I deleted all of them and wrote a bad one-shot and a long crossover that I never finished lol

But then I kind of stopped because I was much more focused on my original stuff. Occasionally I would write some fanfiction (never to be seen by anyone goodness it's AWFUL) and shove my characters inside to work on character development. so that was good I guess!

Anyway, recently I started writing fanfiction again, but only short one-shots and challenges. Mostly because the fandom is small and needed some fics

But it's kind of nice to be able to step away from my big works and my own characters and practice writing in a goofy way with characters that I like but that I don't have to worry about developing. :)

So I think it's nice because its a good way to have other people read your writing and also to get some silly ideas out. And it's really good for practicing writing!
Hi! I'm CJ! I use she/her pronouns. I'm an adult.
I play ice hockey!
i'm working on publishing a YA urban fantasy novel, and am looking for beta readers, lmk if you are interested :3

toyhou.se
artfight
Art Shop
art instagram
CJClaire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Tue May 23, 2017 7:24 pm

natsukashii wrote:xxx
I've written a new piece that I'm planning on updating fairly frequently ouo It's basically centered around my persona - I'd really love it if I could get some feedback on it!

For those of you who've read it and don't understand what I was going for in the prologue: Vincent has eleven "alter egos" living inside his mind. However, instead of just being these mental concepts, the alter egos are actually all different aspects of what make Vincent who he is. They can temporarily take over his body and change his appearance dramatically - none of them look quite the same as Vincent, but they're all the same person, essentially. They're all Vincent, but from alternate realities. (This will be developed further as the story goes on.)
Oooh, I really like it! You sucked me in with the very first sentence, and then kept dangling and teasing 'til the end of the prologue — which left me still curious!
This is Ranger of the North, requesting immediate continuation~! :p XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Tue May 23, 2017 7:46 pm

natsukashii wrote:xxx

That is really good! I want to read the rest now, I want to know more about him and his eleven beings!
Bookworm | she/her | bi & demisexual
I am Arya22 and I'm a female who likes reading
Pm me to chat about anything at all!
Signature coded by Amburned. Thank you!!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me