── OBSIDIANCLAN ● ARCHIVE ──

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

── OBSIDIANCLAN ● 018 ──

Postby direwolf. » Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:46 am

── OBSIDIANCLAN ──
[ eighteenth post ]

────────────────────────────────────────

chestnutstar worried about not being able to find enough food during leaf-bare. they had a lot of mouths to feed which meant they needed plenty of prey. she had sent out a hunting patrol, and she prayed to starclan that they would return home with plenty of food to last them until the next hunting trip. they did have some food in the kill pile, but she would rather be safe than sorry. she was startled for a moment when bristleclaw sneaked up on her and licked her cheek. "you seem stressed, chestnutstar. relax a little bit.. we'll have enough food." the deputy reassured his mate, nuzzling her neck. releasing a sigh, the leader returned the affection and curled up against the tom.

freckleheart and blossomstep were chatting amongst each other while hawkeye and flintburr took the lead. suddenly, the two toms heard an excited squeal come from the she-cat. turning to look back at the young warriors, they noted that blossomstep looked ecstatic while freckleheart looked embarrassed by the she-cat's outburst. "sorry, sorry.." freckleheart apologized on blossomstep's behalf. hawkeye released a deep chuckle and shook his head while flintburr snorted and gazed forward. "i'm so happy for you, freckleheart!" she whispered excitedly when the two toms gazed forward. how could she not be excited? freckleheart had a mate now! that lucky she-cat was sweetpaw of swiftclan.

[ patrol: --- // herb hunting: palenose // hunting: hawkeye, blossomstep, freckleheart, flintburr
training: cloudwatcher teaches hoppaw how to climb; silvermoon teaches newtpaw how to hunt
the clan consumes 3 servings of rabbit and 2 servings of black squirrel ]

hoppaw grunted, sinking her claws into the bark of the oak tree and hauling herself up onto the next branch. she looked back down through the branches, watching newtpaw for a moment as silvermoon tried to help him perfect his hunting crouch. the brown tabby turned her attention back to her own training, hauling herself up onto the next branch.

[ while training, hoppaw learned the climbing skill
while training, newtpaw learned the hunting skill
while herb hunting, palenose found 2 things of catmint
while hunting, hawkeye, blossomstep, freckleheart, and flintburr caught a rabbit and a water shrew ]
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── OBSIDIANCLAN ● 019 ──

Postby direwolf. » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:57 am

── OBSIDIANCLAN ──
[ nineteenth post ]

"i've noticed the way you look at newtpaw, bramblepaw." tigerpaw spoke in a teasing manner, a grin playing on his maw as they followed their mentors to a spot to train. flushing, bramblepaw huffed and lifted her head. "yeah? so what? i like newtpaw. you can tell him if you want!" she spoke but, internally, she hoped that her brother would not tell him. she was only saying this to show that she did not care and tigerpaw would lose interest. fortunately for her, it seemed to work. "hmph.. whatever." the tom responded, giving a flick of his tail as he started to speak with duskpaw instead. "see? what did i say?" smokepaw whispered, giving a smile to his sister.

oatcatcher admired his former mentor, snowmouse, as he watched her speak to her sister. giving a sigh, he turned his attention to hoppaw who was looking at him with a knowing smile. tilting his ears back, he ignored hoppaw's look and continued on the patrol with the others. yes, he did have a crush on his former mentor, but she was way out of his league. she probably thought he was too young for her.

[ moonpool: chestnutstar requesting a warrior
patrol: --- // herb hunting: ---
hunting: bristleclaw, snowmouse, cloudwatcher, silvermoon, oatcatcher, hoppaw
training: dustpaw, tigerpaw, bramblepaw, and smokepaw learn to fight
the clan consumes 3 servings of crow and 2 servings of duck ]

[ starclan has sent you a warrior
while hunting, bristleclaw, snowmouse, cloudwatcher, silvermoon, oatcatcher, and hoppaw caught a crow and 2 black squirrels
while training, dustpaw, tigerpaw, bramblepaw, and smokepaw learned the fighting skill ]
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── THIRD GATHERING ──

Postby direwolf. » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:59 pm

── OBSIDIANCLAN ──
[ cats attended: chestnutstar, bristleclaw, palenose, freckleheart, cloudwatcher, snowmouse ]

nothing really happened at this gathering

cloudwatcher talked with blazefur of echoclan
    palenose searched for maplestar of petalclan (again)
    freckleheart searched for sweetpaw of swiftclan
────────────────────────────────────────[/quote]
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── OBSIDIANCLAN ● 020 ──

Postby direwolf. » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:00 pm

── OBSIDIANCLAN ──
[ twentieth post ]

as oatcatcher patrolled the area, he could not stop thinking about hoppaw - she had turned into a warrior today. well, she was known as hopstripe now, not hoppaw. the young tom once had feelings for his mentor, but he knew that she would never think of him that way. while he was somewhat heartbroken over his first crush, he decided that he had some chance with hopstripe. she was a sweet she-cat who could definitely cheer him up when he was down. however, he was not sure if she liked him. maybe she was only being nice to him because she felt bad. flattening his ears, he shook his head and proceeded to patrol. he did want to think of anything negative right now.

while the apprentices were learning how to swim, tigerpaw stared down at the flowing water with dismay. he had never enjoyed being close to this stream, especially when it was flowing quickly. he snapped out of his thoughts when bramblepaw spoke. "don't tell me you're scared of water, tigerpaw!" she had laughed which made him hiss quietly in embarrassment. shaking his head, he leaped into the water and found himself unable to keep his head up above the water. his paws smacked against the water's surface as he tried to breath in air and not the water. thankfully, his mentor, blossomstep, came to his rescue. his mentor leaped into the water and grabbed him by the scruff to drag him out. embarrassed, tigerpaw ran back toward the camp and went to his mother's den to hide from his siblings who were no doubt laughing at him. however, his siblings were silent and did not make fun of tigerpaw for nearly drowning in the fast current of the stream.

[ hawkeye and crowfall decided to have another litter of kits
patrol: oatcatcher // herb hunting: ---
hunting: chestnutstar, bristleclaw, cloudwatcher, snowmouse, leopardtalon, emberlegs
training: all apprentices learn how to swim.. except for tigerpaw
warrior ceremony: hoppaw ➙ hopstrike
the clan consumes 2 servings of duck, 2 servings of rabbit, 1 serving of water shrew ]

[ hopppaw is now a warrior; hopstrike!
crowfall is expecting kits! they are due in two moons
while on patrol, oatcatcher caught the scent of a kit
while hunting, chestnutstar, bristleclaw, cloudwatcher, snowmouse, leopardtalon, and emberlegs caught a duck, trout, and rabbit
while training, duskpaw, bramblepaw, smokepaw, and newtpaw learned the swimming skill ]
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── OBSIDIANCLAN ● 021 ──

Postby direwolf. » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:41 am

── OBSIDIANCLAN ──
[ twenty-first post ]

when oatcatcher had caught the scent of a kit, he worried that the kit was abandoned by its mother. quickly, he hurried to find this kit and bring it back to the clan. since it was the beginning of newleaf, it had to be a newborn, right? there was a queen back at camp - crowfall - who would be willing to care for the young kit until it was able to eat actual food.

"heh, girls hunt!" hopstrike chirped, gazing at the other three females who were on a hunt with her. the older felines looked amused, and cloudwatcher chuckled at her former apprentice's behavior.

[ moonpool: chestnutstar requests a warrior
patrol: oatcatcher (searching for kit) // herb hunting: palenose
hunting: hopstrike, cloudwatcher, snowmouse, emberlegs
training: all of the apprentices learn how to climb
the clan consumes 4 servings of black squirrel and 1 serving of big fish ]

[ starclan has sent you a warrior
while on patrol, oatcatcher found a kit. the kit has a fever
while herb hunting, palenose found sorrel and thyme
while hunting, hopstrike, cloudwatcher, snowmouse, and emberlegs caught a trout and 2 black squirrels
while training, duskpaw, tigerpaw, bramblepaw, smokepaw, and newtpaw learned the climbing skill ]
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── FOURTH GATHERING ──

Postby direwolf. » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:28 am

── OBSIDIANCLAN ──
[ cats attended: --- ]

obsidianclan did not attend
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── OBSIDIANCLAN ● 022 ──

Postby direwolf. » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:29 am

── OBSIDIANCLAN ──
[ twenty-second post ]

tigerpaw sat silently beside his mentor as he watched his siblings become warriors while he remained an apprentice. his fear of water made him not want to return to the stream but, if he did not return, he would never become a warrior. dropping his gaze to his paws, he tried to fight back the angry tears that formed. blossomstep frowned as she watched her apprentice. it was clear that he was upset that he was not becoming a warrior while his siblings did. she felt that she had failed him. from this day on, she would do her best to help her apprentice not become so afraid of water. once the ceremony was over, she joined the rest of the warriors on a hunting patrol.

upon finding the sickly kit, oatcatcher grabbed her carefully by her scruff and rushed back to obsidianclan with hopes that palenose could heal her. he felt exhausted by the time he arrived, but he pushed on to the medicine den. carefully, he set the kit in front of palenose. "i found.. her.. while i was.. patrolling. can you.. help her?" he questioned, panting quietly as he gazed worriedly down at the weak kit. he did not worry about being unable to find her a queen so she could nurse since crowfall was expecting another litter of kits. he hoped that the queen would not mind caring for one extra kit. palenose gave a nod of his head and turned away to find some feverfew for the kit. as soon as he gave the kitten the feverfew, hawkeye burst in to announce that crowfall was kitting. i really need an apprentice. the medicine cat thought with a sigh before rushing out to help crowfall. he had given instructions to oatcatcher to watch over the kit and keep her warm while he helped crowfall.

nodding in understanding, oatcatcher curled up around the small kit and watched her as she slept peacefully. lifting his head, he noticed hopstripe enter the den. he tilted his ears back, clearly embarrassed that he was found. "i saw you running back into camp, and i was wondering if you were- oh! is that a kit?" the she-cat's eyes lit up, and she wandered a bit closer to oatcatcher and the small kit. "oh, she's adorable! have you named her?" she inquired, sitting down on her haunches and focusing her attention on the tom. "i was thinking.. hillkit." he responded, hoping that the name for the kit fit her. "that's a wonderful name!" oatcatcher smiled softly and sighed in relief.

"this is crowfall's second pregnancy. she should be fine, hawkeye." bristleclaw reassured, gazing over at the nervous tom who was walking beside him and the other felines on the hunt. "i know, i know.. i'll make sure to find something perfect to bring back for crowfall. she's going to need plenty of food." he spoke before stepping ahead and searching for some prey. blossomstep smiled, watching hawkeye rush forward to search for prey for his mate. she immediately thought of bleakpelt, and she shook her head in embarrassment. as she grew, she found herself liking bleakpelt more and more. "thinking of someone?" freckleheart's voice interrupted her thoughts. "maybe.." she responded shyly, giving a flick of her tail. she knew that, if she and bleakpelt became mates, their relationship would be complicated - very complicated.

while on the patrol, flintburr casted glances over to silvermoon who was keeping an eye out for any predator or another cat. finally, he cleared his throat to speak to her. "silvermoon, can i talk to you for a moment?" he spoke, watching as the she-cat turned her head and gave him a curious look before nodding in agreement. "we'll be back." he told hopstripe and leapardtalon who shared a knowing look and chuckled to themselves. wandering away from the other two, he turned to silvermoon. "silvermoon, i want to spend the rest of my life protecting you. ever since i arrived here, i've seen how troubled you have been, and i want to be there for you.. always. will you be my mate?" he inquired, taking in a deep breath and holding it as he waited for the she-cat's reaction. silvermoon's eyes widened in surprise before pausing for a moment. "of course." she spoke, carefully stepping forward to nuzzle him. relieved, flintburr smiled and nuzzled her.

[ patrol: flintburr, silvermoon, hopstripe, leopardtalon // herb hunting: ---
hunting: bristleclaw, blossomstep, freckleheart, hawkeye
training: --- // kitting: crowfall // mates: flintburr, silvermoon
apprentice ceremony: buzzardkit ➙ buzzardpaw, ravenkit ➙ravenpaw
warrior ceremony: duskpaw ➙ duskfall, bramblepaw ➙ bramblestrike, smokepaw ➙ smokestorm, newtpaw ➙ newtcall
palenose gives feverfew to hillkit - also helps crowfall with birthing.
the clan consumes 3 servings of duck and 2 serving of rabbit
]

[ while on patrol, flintburr, silvermoon, hopstripe, and leopardtalon found a medicine cat apprentice
while hunting, bristleclaw, blossomstep, freckleheart, and hawkeye caught a duck, carp, and rabbit
crowfall gave birth to three kits. one of the kits will be partly blind in one of their eyes.
silvermoon is expecting kits! they are due in two moons
buzzardkit and ravenkit are now apprentices; buzzardpaw and ravenpaw!
duskpaw, bramblepaw, smokepaw, and newtpaw are now warriors; duskfall, bramblestrike, smokestorm, and newtcall! ]
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── OBSIDIANCLAN ● 023 ──

Postby direwolf. » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:50 am

── OBSIDIANCLAN ──
[ twenty-third post ]

"i can do this." tigerpaw breathed, looking at the flowing water that he feared so much. it was late at night with no one around to witness him practicing. not even his mentor knew that he was doing this. stepping into the water, he was delighted to see that he was paddling, but he had drifted to the middle of the river and could not make it back to shore. he kicked at the water, fear overcoming him. soon enough, his head went underneath the water, and he did not appear for another breath.

the next morning, the patrol found his body on the shore of the river. blossomstep's eyes had rounded when she saw her apprentice.. dead. "no.." she whispered, moving over to her apprentice and trying to find a heartbeat or pulse. sadly, tigerpaw was dead, and she blamed herself. bristleclaw's face hardened at the sight of his dead son, and he stepped forward to carefully lift him and return him to camp. upon reaching the camp, chestnutstar immediately spotted them, and she hurried over. "he drowned, chestnutstar." her mate murmured, settling the young cat down at her paws. chestnutstar gazed down at her son and pressed her nose to his shoulder. "your name is tigertooth." she murmured, and the clan quickly prepared to have a funeral for their lost warrior.

the siblings of tigertooth returned home from a hunting trip to hear of grave news. bramblestrike dropped her kill and began to cry. tigerpaw - no, tigertooth - had always picked on her, but he was her brother. duskfall's shoulders fell, and he approached his mother and father to gaze at the lifeless body of his brother. smokestorm, not wanting to see the lifeless body, curled around bramblestrike to comfort his crying sister. there were no words that he could say to comfort her, so he let her cry into his fur.

[ patrol: bristleclaw, blossomstep, freckleheart // herb hunting: palenose, spottedpaw
hunting: newtcall, duskfall, bramblestrike, smokestorm
training: buzzardpaw, ravenpaw learn to hunt // kitting: --- // death: tigertooth
the clan consumes 4 servings of black squirrel and 3 serving of big fish ]

[ the patrol passed uneventfully
while herb hunting, palenose and spottedpaw found snakeroot and mouse bile
while hunting, newtcall, duskfall, bramblestrike, and smokestorm caught 3 small fish
while training, ravenpaw learned the hunting skill
a new star lights the sky. tigertooth will be well taken care of in starclan ]
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── OBSIDIANCLAN ● 024 ──

Postby direwolf. » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:43 pm

── OBSIDIANCLAN ──
[ twenty-fourth post ]

chestnutstar made her way to the moonpool to request a cat from starclan. as she reached the pool, she dipped the tip of her nose against the water and began to dream. "starclan.. i have lost my son, tigertooth. please, send me an apprentice to help me recover from my lost. other than that, obsidianclan has been doing well." she spoke before waking up and returning back to the clan.

before hopstrike joined the hunt, she went to the nursery to check on hillkit - the sick kit that oatcatcher had found while on patrol. "how is she?" she inquired, watching as the small kit curled up to oatcatcher. a smile stretched across her maw and, before he could answer, she added, "you're a good father, you know." she said which made oatcatcher flustered. "oh, well, i.. uh. thank you. she's doing well." he stuttered, looking embarrassed. also in the den, crowfall watched the two young felines with amusement.

[ moonpool: chestnutstar's requesting an apprentice to remind her of her son, tigertooth
patrol: bristleclaw, hawkeye, flintburr, cloudwatcher // herb hunting: ---
hunting: snowmouse, hopstripe, duckwing, duskfall
training: buzzardpaw, ravenpaw learn to fight // kitting: silvermoon
the clan consumes 5 servings of big fish ]

[ while on patrol, bristleclaw, hawkeye, flintburr, and cloudwatcher found an apprentice
while hunting, snowmouse, hopstrike, duckwing, and dustfall caught two black squirrels and a shrew
while training, buzzardpaw and ravenpaw learned the Battle skill
silvermoon gave birth to two kits ]
direwolf.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

── FIFTH GATHERING ──

Postby direwolf. » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:13 am