❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby danheng » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:53 am

mostly in the mc's journey- I'm not quite sure what kind of plot I want to follow.
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:56 am

As in character development and surviving the crash? I guess you could also go with that plotline where they overthrow the government or whatever. Sorry, I'm not being as helpful as I hoped I could be.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:59 am

Well, if your MC gets stranded do they get stranded alone? Behind enemy lines? If so, do they become a prisoner of war? Have to escape? Or do they have to survive on their own? With a wounded friend/ally? Maybe there's something hunting them, like a creature created by radiation. What else lives in the wilderness? Nomadic tribes? Animals? What about the MC, are they in their element? Are they scared? If they're alone, do they stay sane while wandering a possibly radioactive wasteland? If they're not alone, do they become the leader? If not, do they clash with the leader?

Hopefully, those questions will spark an idea or something :)
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ticked tabby » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:21 am

Last edited by ticked tabby on Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ticked tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danheng » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:18 pm

@wren, ah ty! those questions really do get my brain moving.
@song, hey, anything you say is helpful tbh! usually I can't work without bouncing ideas off of someone else <3
@mai, ty <3

edit -- got something going, hopefully
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:58 pm

Mai-Ling wrote:@Ranger of the North - Thank you! :3 And I bet they had no good reason than "Welp, she's not going to our school anymore." Plus most of them are jerk faces anyway.
Ugh, that sucks :-/

I'll check it out as soon as I can, Ani! c:
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yubel Fated » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:16 pm

Do you ever "wing it" for stories?

All the time. 99% of my stories are being... wonged... Winged. Winged? Either way. Yes. Just had a flashback to when I was Shadow-WingedGirl. Dear Arceus.

Ranger of the North wrote:
Mai-Ling wrote:@Ranger of the North - Thank you! :3 And I bet they had no good reason than "Welp, she's not going to our school anymore." Plus most of them are jerk faces anyway.
Ugh, that sucks :-/

Tis still a buttface move.

But it does make sense if its an online school, if its anything like the one that I went to. From what I was told they close down the accounts and teachers remove contacts to make room for new students coming into the school. Keeping better track of em and keeping it easy to manage.

I would imagine since its a School based system it'd be kinda weird for someone outside of said system to have an account through them after graduation/leaving for whatever reason.

And most schools don't really want accounts outside of their population running around with school accounts/computers. For obvious reasons.

So since you transferred it would have been only logical for them to shut down your Google account.... No matter how much it sucks.

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
╚══════════════╝

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
g̸̢̮̥̏͝l̷͔̘͍̑̍͝ì̶̛̠̖̒t̸̢̰̩̀̔̾̕c̴̨̘͌̄̈́̿h̶̡͙͔̫̆͜͝í̴̝̎͛̀n̵̡̘̰̈́̔ḡ̷̢̨̫̬̓̀ leaves

────────────────

Yubel Fated

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ticked tabby » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:58 pm

@hawkkeye - Your story is off to a really good start! :D The narration is very believable and interesting.
Last edited by ticked tabby on Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ticked tabby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cosmic-quark » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:46 pm

Hey guys! I'm drafting out my next trilogy right now and I've run into a bit of a roadblock- I'm not sure what direction I want to take the second and third books. Any suggestions/advice/opinions/etc would be greatly appreciated <3

Some background first:
background wrote:It's a sci-fi set ambiguously in the not-so-distant future, approximately twenty to fifty years ahead of our time. There's a lot of new and improved technology (although most of it is intended more for scientific than public use) as well as a noticeable cultural emphasis on STEM fields and research. There's also been a shift in higher education. Many universities have become completely specialized, focusing solely on a certain field and offering few classes and almost no majors outside of this field. Fields can revolve around concepts such as "space" (including researchers, engineers, potential astronauts, etc) or "arts" (including visual artists, writers, choreographers, etc) or "marine" (biologists, engineers, oceanographers, etc), and so on. The general concept behind these universities is to educate students alongside the people they are likely to work with in their future careers and to devote all of the university's resources to one specific field. Traditional universities still exist, but the specialized ones are considered more elite and with higher standards for education.

Alexis and Charlie are the main characters in the novel. They both attended the same university- focused on space science- until Charlie dropped out freshman year. The first book begins halfway through Alexis' senior year. Charlie, who's been traveling to observatories and etc around the country, returned to the area in the summer to try to finish her research. Realizing she can't do it alone, she goes to the one person she vaguely remembers from freshman year for help. After much convincing, Alexis agrees to work with Charlie to find proof that alien life exists. The main plot revolves around their attempts to find and track a signal successfully, and the novel ends with an alien ship crash landing before them.

My problem is that I'm not sure where I want to take the plot from there. I have two rough ideas for the following two books, but I don't know which one sounds more appealing or would work better with the plot.

Idea 1: Book 2 mainly focuses on helping the alien inside in the ship recover from the crash and hide/blend in while they try to fix the ship with their limited Earth supplies. There's strong focus on character relationships and meaningless technobabble, with an ongoing subplot featuring Alexis and Charlie's almost-not-quite relationship. A fourth character, an astronautical engineer major, will likely be introduced. At the end, they manage to fix the ship enough to get the alien back to the main shuttle. Charlie, who's always longed for adventure, decides to go with him; Alexis, who's desperate to leave a meaningful legacy, stays to present the evidence of alien life existing.
Book 3 is set two or three years later. Alexis is struggling to deal with the responsibilities of her sudden fame (giving lectures, explaining her research, giving interviews, etc) while also working towards her PhD. The alien suddenly returns, claiming that Charlie is in trouble and needs her help. The primary conflict will revolve around saving/helping Charlie. At the end, she again invites Alexis to come with her to explore the universe. Alexis feels like she's accomplished her goal and is free to pursue other dreams; she accepts and they depart.

Idea 2: In this version, the landing on Earth was intentional (though not the crashing). After his crew was hijacked by a virus/corruption in system, the alien managed to sneak off board in an escape pod and land on the closest planet in hope of finding help. The ship only takes a few days to fix in this version, since the alien has all the tools on hand, and the main conflict focuses on retaking the main ship and getting rid of the virus/corruption/etc. The ending is the same as in Idea 1.
Book 3 begins the same way. Charlie and the alien come back to visit Alexis after three years of traveling; however, the alien behind he virus of the main ship tracks Charlie back to Earth and vows to get revenge. The plot revolves around this conflict. The ending is also the same.

The first idea is more character-focused, the second is more action/plot-focused. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Sorry this is so long haha <3

(Also, does anyone have any better name ideas for Alexis? She's had that name for half a year now but it still doesn't seem to fit right ^^ )
          ImageImageImageImageImageImage
          ╭━━━━━━━╮
          ╰━━━━━━━╯
          ╭━━━━━━━╮
          cosmic-quark
          she/her aro ace
          future astrophysicist
          Buying characters!
          Design Contest!
          ╰━━━━━━━╯
cosmic-quark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:29 am

@hawkkeye- I love the idea so far! I’ve always wanted to write a post-apocalyptic story yeee. I’m pretty blank on ideas right now, but if you ever want anyone to read over it once you start writing, hmu! I’d love to read it.

@cosmic-quark- Wow, okay. I love this idea so much, haha. So, just from my personal standpoint after reading both options, I think option two sounds much better plot-wise. However, just because you’ll be focusing greatly on the plot doesn’t mean you can’t also focus a lot on the characters and their development. I think if you mixed a decent around of character and relationship development into Idea two, it would make for a really, really good story.

@Silver man I thought you died too, lol. Welcome back c: your avatar's cute; Ten is adorable

Lol thanks XD
Ty, ty. I love Ten <33

Do you ever "wing it" for stories?
That’s pretty much all I do? I mean, for my main story I did planning, but only for the major events. For the rest of the stuff, I mostly just wing it. It works out okay-ish?? But I usually end up with plot-holes, stuff that doesn’t match up, and things I change my mind on that I’ll have to go back and fix later.
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes