❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Aliria » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:58 pm

What are your favorite cliche story tropes (bodyswap, coffee shop, etc) in writing or film?
I'll have to agree with Free about the ridiculous number of weapons thing. Also when one character is asked something and tells some ridiculous story and then the other character asks, "Really?" and the first character replies, "No." Most the tropes I like are little moments like that, not so much big overarching plot things.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:42 pm

I've finally come back XD (sorta) Maybe a few of you remember me from the story I did awhile back with a few of my viscets, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀, and if you do remember me and have read it, bravo! XD

But anyways, I want to just have fun and make short stories and whatever I feel like doing in one place, so I made this !
Be aware that what I have up right now (besides from the latest post) is somewhat old so I know there are mistakes xD I wanted to put all of my old stories I have made on CS there, so anyone can read them ^.^

So, if any of you are interested, just click the link above! Comments are welcome. c:

What are your favorite cliche story tropes (bodyswap, coffee shop, etc) in writing or film? Hmm, is it weird that I "seek out" the episodes of any TV show I watch where one of the characters gets memory loss? It happens so often, and for some reason I just really like those episodes lol (yeah, I'm weird).
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I'm.only.human » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:35 pm

what are your favorite cliche story tropes (bodyswap, coffee shop, etc) in writing or film?
Probably the soulmate ones, they are just so romantic and heartbreaking sometimes.
I'm.only.human

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby passione » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:14 am

to anyone who's doing nanowrimo, how many words are you guys at right now?

Productivity has slowed down a lot for me since I have to do school stuff, but I'm hanging on.
I'm approaching 30k and I'm hoping to hit it by the end of today. I'm kinda glad I spent 4 years planning this story with my friend. If I hadn't planned, I probably wouldn't have made it this far.
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD
I WISH I COULD

┌────────────────┐

yo. i'm xia. gone from cs but never
forgotten. find me on fr!

i like jjba, lunch club and bts.
suffering from jschlatt brainrot.

they/them pronouns please

└────────────────┘
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
LOVE MYSELF
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
▉▉
passione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:19 am

I'm at 22k, hoping to make it to 25 today.v

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:25 pm

#EveryoneDied :p
Code: Select all
[b]What resources do you use to make sure your characters are well-developed?[/b]
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:12 pm

@ranger
I didn't die, I'm just not doing nano so I'm kinda feeling out of place atm

What resources do you use to make sure your characters are well-developed?
I tend to look at the characters I love, and take aspects from how they're written to improve my own characters. Though, given that a lot of my favourite characters are white males, it doesn't really apply to Femie all that much. Something that has had a huge influence on Femie is actually Orange Is The New Black, because I've learned a lot about Hispanic culture from the girls in that show which is really helping for Femie's backstory. I also did a GCSE in Spanish, in which I got an A, so that's helping a lot with the cultural and linguistic aspects of her, in that I remember a fair amount of Spanish so I can kinda sprinkle it into the dialogue if there is any, though it'll mainly be the exclamations like "madre mio!" or I can also say son of a b- (love CS rules) in Spanish thanks to the movie Pan's Labyrinth. Other than that, my resources are mainly websites where I google all the questions I need (like how to spell Quinceañera). That's about it really.

Also, if anyone's interested I just published a new poem in my compilation on wattpad, feel free to read it if you want, it's just a vent really so it's not particularly happy.
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:03 am

What resources do you use to make sure your characters are well-developed?
Ummmmm.... The five-thousand different writing prompts? Honestly I'm not entirely sure I'd still be writing if it wasn't for those things. Also drawing them over and over, and filling out lists of their favorite things.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BucketORandomness » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:26 am

Random character development thought: My creative writing teacher says you should be able to order for your charrie at a restaurant. You could also, however, fill out a college application for them. Those things ask for all kinds of information and specifics.

𝕭𝖚𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖙

Not disclosing gender or age
Yes, I role play
Hey, I write! Coolio!
....Periodic Tales of an Elemental Nature
....More by Bucket
Open to making new friends!
It's my sig, but not my images
Mind. Blown. >^.^<

ImageImageImage
BucketORandomness

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:42 am

Alright now so I'd like some feedback on this? Thank you to anyone that answers!! It doesn't have any story around it, it's just a tiny piece of writing I tried doing differently.

We were walking down the pine-covered path, surrounded by trees and ferns. My hand was in yours. We arrived in the clearing, and climbed onto the log, then sat down. "Do you remember how you imagined our first kiss to be?" The sun in front of us was a soft orange and pale pink. A gentle breeze blew around us. "You said it'd be at sunset." You slid closer. I leaned my head on your shoulder and your arm was around my waist, warm. Somehow, I looked up. you looked down. My body turned and we were face to face. My eyes closed, your lips were on mine. Soft, gentle. A slight prickle from the teenage fuzz you hadn't shaved off. I don't remember who pulled away. But we were just looking at each other. You smiled.
Bookworm | she/her | bi & demisexual
I am Arya22 and I'm a female who likes reading
Pm me to chat about anything at all!
Signature coded by Amburned. Thank you!!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me