❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: ❛ the lazy writers ❜ V2

Postby Lennamoo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:04 pm

Alright, I love writing I can share my creativity on a document or a peice of paper. Although I need a insparation from something to make me write the best I can, then otherwise when I start a story, I think about how bad it is and I restart. Any tips for insparation or something?

I like writing Ficton and Realistic Fiction. :D
[Hello! Im Lennamoo]
[I love birds, bunnies, and dogs!]

Rarest pet owned: Sunjewel

"Flip the pan, with egg." - Lennamoo

Pets: 1 lovebird, and 1 holland lop bunny!
Lennamoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danheng » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:09 pm

winged-backpack wrote:5am, I've written 4 paragraphs and I have no idea where I'm actually going with this. So far it's a boy who gets a pet dog after his friend Richmond dies of TB, sprinkled in with depression and an alcoholic father...happy thoughts in the wee hours of the morning (to contrast this, I'm fangirling over the guitar hero drums that were in the background of the show i'm watching bc nostalgia)

sounds like it's going somewhere : D good luck!
Lennamoo wrote:Alright, I love writing I can share my creativity on a document or a peice of paper. Although I need a insparation from something to make me write the best I can, then otherwise when I start a story, I think about how bad it is and I restart. Any tips for insparation or something?

hi there <3 for inspiration I like to listen to a playlist of songs and try to imagine a story idea that best fits the lyrics, or I look up pictures on tumblr blogs and do the same <3 generally it gets me a setting or idea and I build from there : D
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:10 pm

Lennamoo wrote:Alright, I love writing I can share my creativity on a document or a peice of paper. Although I need a insparation from something to make me write the best I can, then otherwise when I start a story, I think about how bad it is and I restart. Any tips for insparation or something?

Don't stop. The first draft doesn't matter. It will be bad. Every first draft is bad and every writer feels like their writing sucks. That doesn't mean that it does and it doesn't mean you should give up. You have ideas that only you have, that only you can share. So write the crappy first draft, then make it better.
As for inspiration - try listening to music! There's lots of good playlists on youtube, with a whole lot of songs on them that might give you inspiration. Try finding some prompts (Ranger has an awesome competition here that might give you some ideas) But whatever you do, don't give up. ^-^ You're not the only writer who thinks their writing is bad - ask any published author and they'll say the first draft was horrible!
And also, you are your own worst critic. What you think is really bad is probably really awesome! And you may think someone else writing is really cool while they think it's horrible.

Yeah that was kinda long. XD

@actor, you should probably go to bed... but it sounds like an interesting story so far!
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:14 pm

I recommend googling "writing prompt" or looking on pinterest or tumblr for inspiration. Think about the writers you love and what you like in a story and go from there!

@annyeong
Thanks! I'm hoping a plot will just appear on its own :lol:

@Wren
I've been trying to sleep since midnight, it's not happening, but to be fair this happens a lot. Also, why'd you call me "actor"? that confused me for a sec until I read the rest.
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
call me devon or dev (i'm a mess and so is my gender
they/them pronouns) I love Harry Potter, Star Wars,
and Tim Burton films. Birthday is 27th October ^^

Feel free to PM me about anything!

intj, chaotic neutral, ravenclaw, scorpio

my art shop//also I'm writing a book (16+)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Woogwoo Wren » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:18 pm

winged-backpack wrote:
@Wren
I've been trying to sleep since midnight, it's not happening, but to be fair this happens a lot. Also, why'd you call me "actor"? that confused me for a sec until I read the rest.

wait... wasn't that your nickname. There's so many nicknames I'm getting confused. XD
"An eye for an eye
Hello! I'm Wren! I'm in my mid-teens and live
in New Zealand. I enjoy writing, reading, watching videos,
cosplaying, and drawing occasionally! I'm a Christian,
and always up to meeting new friends!

~ P ~ M ~ A ~
| Stories| A03 | Wattpad |
| RWBY | Merlin | Doctor Who | HP |
| 🐦| 🐺 | 🔬 | 🦊 |
|

and the world goes blind."
Woogwoo Wren

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danheng » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:19 pm

we need a nickname list oml everyone is getting so confused
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:21 pm

Woogwoo Wren wrote:
winged-backpack wrote:
@Wren

wait... wasn't that your nickname. There's so many nicknames I'm getting confused. XD

Nah man, I'm Dev :lol: it's cool tho, it's better than a lot of other things I've been called before

annyeong wrote:we need a nickname list oml everyone is getting so confused

Maybe we need one on the front page or sommat??
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN

winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danheng » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:23 pm

found this, courtesy of ranger several pages back <3

tuttifrutti000: Tutti or Tuttifrutti / TheSongOfTheStars: Free or Song / Nova-Moshi: Nova / Megaguiras: Meg / SilentMelody: Melody, December, or Silent / Woogwoo Wren: Wren / Ranger of the North: Ranger / Marastia: need a nickname! Do you have a preferred? If not, I'd vote Mara~ c: / annyeong: you, too! Anny? / WildCat :3: Wild or Mikey / Lunar Kitty: Lunar or Kitty / BucketORandomness: Randy or Bucket / The Worst Username: Worst / caejose: help, what was yours? XD / Silver Pandorica: Silver / Simonpet: do you have one? c: I feel like we just call you Simonpet~ c: / none of this exists.: Mori or Steve / WinterSerperior: Winter / winged-backpack: Dev or Backpack or Winged / ~Teya~: Teya / sparrow;: Sparrow / L.V.L.: Mexi / Winchester's Wolf: Winch or Wolf / Fiafia mai Mataku: Idk if you have one, either / Spotted Bat: Evelyn or Spot / Lii: Aliria / Vixey: Vixey / HANDSOME SPACEMAN: Actor / AriDeZu: Ari / .Cherry Blossoms.: Cherry or Blossom / suburbia needs one / Blazingcharizad: Blaze / MIC Drop bungee Idk either / hollowfall. Hollow, I think? / Klain Klain
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winged-backpack » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:35 pm

Ah so it's handsome spaceman whose nickname is actor, I was wondering about that

Ooh had an idea for my EAP story, here we go (I named the dog after Noel Fielding's character in the IT crowd, ngl)
Last edited by winged-backpack on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxAND I
THE PUMPKIN

winged-backpack

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yubel Fated » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:40 pm

Do you do any other arts besides writing (e.g., visual art, knitting, photography, acting, et cetera)

I make things out of clay. They're small items and Ive only ever made a few things out of it but i'd like to make more one day. Though the items I made were Zelda related and for friends... Well not anymore because I never gave them the items xD Edit: I also made doughnuts. I spaced for a minute bc i'm tired  .

I tried Crocheting awhile back though picking it up when my mom did. Why? Why the heck not?

I also make jewelry, again with my mom, it was fun and tbh I'd like to make more Jewelry. Fandom based or not.

And tbh, like I said awhile back. I dont care what anyone calls me make up a nickname for me if you'd like!

I'm not your protagonist I'm not even my own
I don't know anything I don't even know what I don't know

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

╔══════════════╗
Name: Shadow
Profile: Judai/Jaden Yuki
Previous: Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Call me anything though! So be creative!
~Credit~
╚══════════════╝

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees

The artificial way the sunlight bounces off of
g̸̢̮̥̏͝l̷͔̘͍̑̍͝ì̶̛̠̖̒t̸̢̰̩̀̔̾̕c̴̨̘͌̄̈́̿h̶̡͙͔̫̆͜͝í̴̝̎͛̀n̵̡̘̰̈́̔ḡ̷̢̨̫̬̓̀ leaves

────────────────

Yubel Fated

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes