fantasy writing comp 2018

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: fantasy writing comp 2018

Postby neferp1tou » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:09 am

up
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neferp1tou » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:20 am

boop
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rogan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:31 pm

Joining Form
    username // stormy,
    pronouns // she/her
    favorite writing theme [genre] // science fiction, teen fiction, idk i throw some mysteries in there. it depends on my mood to be honest with you.
    experience as a writer // skweeeeewy i've been writing for three years now? i started role playing four years ago- but then went into writing short stories a little over three years ago. idk what level i'd put myself at, but i'm not entirely new to this thing
    other: as emotionally unstable as i am, i would LOVE criticism that could help me improve. also, i don't capitalize my short stories oops :p
rogan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby neferp1tou » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:43 pm

stormy, wrote:
    Joining Form
    username // stormy,
    pronouns // she/her
    favorite writing theme [genre] // science fiction, teen fiction, idk i throw some mysteries in there. it depends on my mood to be honest with you.
    experience as a writer // skweeeeewy i've been writing for three years now? i started role playing four years ago- but then went into writing short stories a little over three years ago. idk what level i'd put myself at, but i'm not entirely new to this thing
    other: as emotionally unstable as i am, i would LOVE criticism that could help me improve. also, i don't capitalize my short stories oops :p

accepted !!
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rylf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:38 pm

Joining Form
Username: Rylf
Pronouns: She/her
Favorite writing theme: Mythological/fantastical
Experience as a writer: I've taken a few minor creative writing classes and write in a lot of my free time, but I plan to pursue writing as a full career eventually.
Other: This is sweet. Awesome practice, thanks~
Also, constructive criticism is fabulous, but please post it in a PM with the piece you're critiquing quoted.
I have a Wattpad, just ask.
x
━━━

━ ᴡᴀs ᴍᴏʀᴇ

ᴘᴀɪɴғᴜʟ

ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ

ʙʟᴏssᴏᴍ ”

x

“ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ

ᴅᴀʏ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ

ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴ ᴛɪɢʜᴛ

ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴜᴅ ━

━━━

x

Facebook Personal

━━━━━━
Hello! I’m Rylf.
I enjoy anything
artsy but writing
is my true passion.
Feel free to trade,
message, or follow
me on other media!

━━━━━━
Twitter © Tumblr

Rylf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby b.umblebee » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:50 pm

Joining Form
Username: boba.tea
Pronouns: she/her
Favorite writing theme: historical fiction/realistic, but I dabble in a bit of everything
experience as a writer: Ok to be completely honest, I don't have much. I started writing in my free time about a year ago, and it truly is one of my favorite things to do. I usually spend my down time writing short stories, and there is a longer piece that I am pursuing. I have listened to a few online creative writing courses, and I practice every chance I get.
other: I am 100% open to any constructive criticism, so if you got any, feel free to shoot me a pm!
^art creds^
ImageImageImageImageImage
hi im jane!
b.umblebee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neferp1tou » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:09 pm

both accepted! so glad people are interested in this !!
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rylf » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:21 pm

~Reserved Form~

Fantasy Comp 1
Username: Rylf
Word Count: 360
Entry:

“A-Andy? Andy, please wake up!” I whispered frantically, my head whipping from side to side in fear. “Andy, please! We have to go.”

SNAP!

I stop breathing. My heart beats a wild rhythm within the confines of my chest, the thumping threatening to break free of its cage and gallop away into the thick forest surrounding me.

The lack of other sound is disturbing, the forest so quiet that even my shallow breaths were an intrusion. Moving as slow as my panicked mind could fathom, I raised my head in the direction of the noise to find nothing. A foreboding breeze tousled my hair and the fine hairs along my arms raised in apprehension.

Crack!

My entire body jolted and turned in the direction of the new sound, my vision swimming from the sudden movement. But through the fear and shock, I stared in awe of what I found.

A large, gray buck stands tall and proud before me and my fallen companion, its antlers glistening with the sheen of fresh dewdrops despite the lack of moisture in the air. Beady eyes studied me for a moment then fell upon the man I sat on my knees beside.

Watching as the buck took a few steps toward him, my brain finally began to kick back into gear. This animal is probably wild and dangerous, I thought a second before my body reacted, drawing up the dull knife I’d had laying by my side.

I must’ve been a sight to the mighty buck, shaking and covered in brambles and dirt, my knees scuffed and hair in a wild mess around my shoulders. I likely looked more a beast than it in that moment.

Our eyes met and held for what felt like hours but must’ve been only seconds, the image of a tall and broad man emblazoned into my mind. For some unfathomable reason, I found myself lowering the weapon and stepping aside. I can’t explain it; the peace and utter contentment I felt while gazing into this creature’s eyes. I knew in that moment that he’d do us no harm. Or was that just a trick of the mind?

Other: Will also be entering for comp 2 (wip)
Last edited by Rylf on Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
x
━━━

━ ᴡᴀs ᴍᴏʀᴇ

ᴘᴀɪɴғᴜʟ

ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ɪᴛ ᴛᴏᴏᴋ ᴛᴏ

ʙʟᴏssᴏᴍ ”

x

“ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ

ᴅᴀʏ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ

ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ

ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴍᴀɪɴ ᴛɪɢʜᴛ

ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴜᴅ ━

━━━

x

Facebook Personal

━━━━━━
Hello! I’m Rylf.
I enjoy anything
artsy but writing
is my true passion.
Feel free to trade,
message, or follow
me on other media!

━━━━━━
Twitter © Tumblr

Rylf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neferp1tou » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:11 pm

Up
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby neferp1tou » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:32 pm

Bumping, just letting u all know that you are allowed to do the new prompt, just change the forms name from comp 1 to 2
neferp1tou

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me