The 4th Annual Smoothie Games // [Enter Your Pet!]

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

the fallen: #27

Postby koushi. » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:21 pm

Tribute 37

Once upon a time, there was a large Dragon named Tybalt. Tybalt was a fierce warrior that had (according to recent polls) become the victor of the fifth Smoothie Games. He had wounds on his face, large holes in his wings, but his ego remained perfectly in tact. That morning, the rain that had plagued the arena finally began to taper off into nothing more than an annoying mist. The tributes remaining had begun to realize that there was no where left to hide. With so few left, there was bound to be a second bloodbath very soon. That was no trouble to Tybalt. "Surely there is nobody brave enough or strong enough to defeat me!" He said to himself with a smirk, tossing his head. You see, the Dragon was notoriously selfish. They believed that all were beneath them. That they were gods. But even gods can be killed.

So the big dragon wandered through the woods with a cruel gleam in his eyes. He was ready to win, no matter the cost. He walked and walked, searched and searched, but there was nothing. No scents. No sounds. No souls. Silence. Tybalt growled in frustration and pawed angrily at the dirt. His limbs ached and fought him for every step. His wounds burned. So he looked around one last time. There was nobody, and nobody would dare challenge a dragon, even a sleeping one! He chuckled to himself and stretched, feeling a satisfying pop as his joints relaxed. "Just a small nap." He muttered as he tucked his massive paws underneath his chin. His wings folded neatly against his sides and his tail tip curled over his nose. Soon, the mighty Dragon was fast asleep on the forest floor with visions of victory dancing in his head.

Then along came another tribute. This one was a small kitten who'd only recently celebrated his thirteenth birthday. He had a crazed gleam in his heterochromic eyes as he eyed the sleeping Dragon. "Is he dead?" He asked himself, cocking his head. He wasn't scared, even as the dragon growled in his sleep and shifted his head.

"No, idiot!" Another voice hissed from him. He didn't like this voice but he listened anyway. "He's weak, vulnerable! Kill him now!"

The kitten hesitated and flattened his ears. "But. But. Killing is wrong! Mama said so!"

"She's an idiot, Stanley! Listen to me. I am here to help you stay alive! Now let me in control, Stanley. Let me in control." And he did.

When Stanley finally found himself back again, the cannon was booming. He gasped and backed away. Blood pooled around the dragon's head, staining a pair of hopelessly mangled eyeglasses. A lone dagger lay near the carnage. He wasn't carrying a weapon? How did he get it?! His heart hammered against his chest as he looked down at his own paws, stained just the same color. "No." He whispered, eyes flicking wildly side to side. How did this happen? He would never hurt anyone! A horrified scream burst from the young cat's throat. "NO!" He pivoted and darted back into the darkening forest, still screaming bloody murder.

- 3 tributes left in the arena -

[In the years that would follow this kill, the tale of the Kitten and Dragon would be passed on through generations of every district. A cautionary tale against being too cocky and letting down your guard around those smaller than you. It is also around this time that dragons were ridiculed by the other districts, despite the fact they were the largest species.]

A/N wrote:So I might have taken the part where Stanley doesn't know when he's doing something right and turned it into Multiple Personality Disorder...it happened, I have no clue.

But three tributes left !!! We made it !!! *happy screeches*
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The 4th Annual Smoothie Games // [Enter Your Pet!]

Postby legolas the elf » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:40 pm

TBH I didn't like Tybalt much PLEASE DONT KILL ME!!!!

But if I am correct, Copper, Stanley, and one other tribute are left?
legolas the elf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 67Phlox » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:50 pm

Mistyleaf - she wrote:TBH I didn't like Tybalt much PLEASE DONT KILL ME!!!!

Yes, Breezy.

And the entry was amaizing!
It's fine actually that he turned out to have multiple personality disorder.
Adult, "artist", currently studying digital art in college.
@healthpoints on Flight Rising if you wanna add me, no other social media atm

~ the lights are on, but nobody's home ~

I'm rather shy & not very talkative. Also, a big cowaaard!
But depending on the time of day, I may change drastically.
One constant - awkwardness. Just a heads up.

I might not interact unless approached first.
That being said, I'm slowly working on being more social.
67Phlox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby koushi. » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:32 pm

Mistyleaf - she wrote:TBH I didn't like Tybalt much PLEASE DONT KILL ME!!!!

Yeah, I haven't liked him the last couple rounds either. He's turned from grouch to bully to maniac... And yes, Cooper, Stanley and Breezy are the last tributes. But one of them will have to go so we can get to the final two *rubs hands together like a mad scientist*

wikapl67 wrote:Yes, Breezy.

And the entry was amaizing!
It's fine actually that he turned out to have multiple personality disorder.

Okay I'm glad you're okay with it! It just sort of came into my head. Thanks for the compliment ^^
koushi.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me