Rανєη Rιѕє COMPLETE 5/12/17

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Re: Rανєη Rιѕє UPDATE 3/29

Postby frankie (dup) » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:44 am

Ranger of the North wrote:
Oh my gosh, that would be terrifying D:

However, despite Regina's roughness, I get the feeling she's only trying to keep them alive. I'm glad she scared Aidan tbh, because it reduces the risk of him doing something rash XP

I really like to write Regina! You've hit the nail on the head with her! Her attitude is very 'This is the real world now, so listen up if you want to survive.'

Reduces the risk of Aiden doing something rash, you say? Chapter Six, I say. :twisted:
my dms are open,
but im a spoonie
and i may not
respond promptly.
it's not personal.
especially hmu if
you want to talk
about atla,
im autistic and its
been my special
interest for like.
a bajillion years.
➤ they/it lesbian
➤ canadian eh
➤ gay zuko
truther /lh
➤ please use
tonetags!
➤ feel free to ask for
my discord if we've
talked before
➤ help idk how to
make this pretty
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rανєη Rιѕє UPDATE 3/29

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:23 am

:.Duplex.: wrote:

However, despite Regina's roughness, I get the feeling she's only trying to keep them alive. I'm glad she scared Aidan tbh, because it reduces the risk of him doing something rash XP

I really like to write Regina! You've hit the nail on the head with her! Her attitude is very 'This is the real world now, so listen up if you want to survive.'

Reduces the risk of Aiden doing something rash, you say? Chapter Six, I say. :twisted:
He-hey! I was right; she's cool cx

oH NO !! *gulps*
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ƈнαρтєя Ƒινє

Postby frankie (dup) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:36 pm

:.Duplex.: wrote:

He-hey! I was right; she's cool cx

oH NO !! *gulps*

A:N Ahahahah I love it when people feel for my characters! By the end of Chapter Six, you'll want to shake him and scream 'NO, AIDEN, NO!"
And he will say, "YES, AIDEN, YES!"
He's stubborn.

Ada Carr remembered the very first time she’d adopted a child. Twenty years ago that day, a cold, hungry, tired woman had stumbled onto her doorstep, heavily pregnant.

Only a few hours passed until the woman went into labour. Her breathing had been ragged even before she went into labour, and the woman did not speak.

Ada had tried her hardest, and the child survived. The child’s mother, however, was not so lucky.

The woman had some identification on her, a card that was proof of citizenship that everyone received when they were just a year old.  Nancy Selby had been her name, and there was a list of baby names in her back pocket, some for a girl, some for a boy.
There were ten names on the list, and Ada had that list in her lap right now.
Nydia
Wendy
Carey
Juliana
Darla
Joe
Brenton
Isaac
Tyrone
Andrew

Ada remembered picking one if the girl’s names after doing some research into what each of them meant. Nydia appeared to be something close to nest, Wendy meant white, fair, or blessed, Carey, if Ada went back through the meanings, simply meant black. The meaning of Juliana made Ada’s head hurt, but it was a pretty sounding name. Darla came from the word darling.
None of the meanings had stirred anything within Ada, so she just picked the one she liked the most, Juliana.

Ada received her foster license, and the Records seemed overjoyed. With the stirrings of a war, few people had the time to foster children.

Juliana had moved out now. She'd been an ambitious, driven girl and had moved out shortly after turning eighteen. She got married to her boyfriend just for after turning nineteen, and Ada smiled as she thought back on all this.

But her mind was too preoccupied by a much more pressing matter.
Aiden Parrish, the boy who she’d adopted as her son for twelve years had vanished out of his room three weeks ago, and Ada wasted no time in reporting him missing. But the Records told her that there was no Aiden Parrish. She remembered her heart filling with dread. Aiden had just… vanished as if he'd never existed.

And now it was Juliana’s twentieth birthday. The birthday of Ada’s foster home, too, where she'd raised nine children over the years. There were three in her care right now, but it should've been four…

Ada shook her head. No, Juliana was visiting for her twentieth birthday, and for the reunion. Four children moved out, not including Juliana, and they were all coming over. It should've been a joyous occasion to see her children again, but her mind was too preoccupied with thoughts of her missing son.

Aiden had never enjoyed being called her son, and although it broke her heart, Ada could see why. His parents had disappeared from the Records as well, but everyone knew what had really happened, Aiden’s parents had been Turned.
Had Aiden been turned? No, that couldn't be… Ada shook her head. His window had been open, he'd left on his own… probably.
“Oh, Aiden,” Ada whispered desperately. “Please come home.”

---
Ada heard a car pull up in front of New Horizons, and watched, beaming as Juliana and Robbie Becket stepped out. Juliana had adopted Ada’s last name instead of her birth mother’s, but now she was married. Juliana Becket had a nice ring to it, really.
“We have exciting news!” Juliana said, smiling.
Robbie was much less subtle. “YOU’RE GONNA BE A GRANDMA!”

Ada had to stop herself from jumping with joy. Sure, she was forty. But to have another little human call her ‘grandma’ was an amazing prospect to Ada.

Robbie grinned. “Everyone here is going to be an aunt or uncle! This kid is gonna be surrounded! With love.”
Juliana nodded. “Hey, where’s Aiden? Hiding in his room?”

Ada’s face fell. “No… I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, but three weeks ago, Aiden vanished. His window is as open. There was no note, no sign of a struggle, just a missing almost-fifteen-year-old and an open window.”

Ada watched Juliana quiver, her mouth open and her body racked with sobs. Robbie appeared dumbfounded, his mouth opening and closing as he was trying to say something, but the words wouldn't come out.

“Why are you all so sad?” Ada’s youngest child, a girl named Leslie asked.
“...Aiden…” Ada croaked.
“Oh. I haven't seen him in a while. Where is he?”
“Aiden’s gone,” Juliana croaked.
“When will he be back?”
Juliana wiped her eyes. “I don't know if he will… none of us do…”
Leslie smiled. "He’ll be back. I know he will.”

There was only silence to that.
Then it began to rain. Even the sky cried for Ada Carr’s missing child.

Previous Chapter: Four
Next Chapter: Six
Last edited by frankie (dup) on Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rανєη Rιѕє UPDATE 4/7

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:35 pm

That was a very depressing, extremely sad chapter.... ):
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby frankie (dup) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:52 pm

That was a very depressing, extremely sad chapter.... ):

I may or may not have cried with laughter while writing it.
I like inflicting terrible emotional suffering on my characters. :D
my dms are open,
but im a spoonie
and i may not
respond promptly.
it's not personal.
especially hmu if
you want to talk
about atla,
im autistic and its
been my special
interest for like.
a bajillion years.
➤ they/it lesbian
➤ canadian eh
➤ gay zuko
truther /lh
➤ please use
tonetags!
➤ feel free to ask for
my discord if we've
talked before
➤ help idk how to
make this pretty
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ranger of the North » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:27 pm

XD it is rather fun, eh XD
The world is quiet here.
Ranger of the North

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Ƈнαρтєя Sιx

Postby frankie (dup) » Wed May 10, 2017 6:46 am

Mobile. Links will appear later

Aiden woke up in a cold sweat. Again. It's been three weeks since he first slipped beneath the trapdoor, three weeks since that first frightful meeting with Regina.

In each day of survival training, Aiden discovered more and more way he could die. So many ways that other Ravens had died because they didn't know how to defend themselves.

And after each lesson, Aiden always woke up from a nightmare in which he died. This time, it was a fire. Hot flames were licking his clothes, clawing at his face. Someone ran for him, yelling his name.

The person always shifted. Dulcie. Pollux. Rico. His adopted siblings. Ada.

Aiden's eyes widened Ada, he thought, his mind racing. Ada, the woman who had raised him for twelve years, didn't know where Aiden was. She didn't even know that he was alive.

And the others... they didn't know where he was, either. And his Records were gone. He'd just dropped off the face of the earth.

He sat there, on his bed, head in his hands. He tried to keep his sobs as quiet as possible, so that he didn't wake the other people sleeping in the same room.

Aiden slowly rose off his bed, wincing as it protested and creaked. He saw someone stir, but thankfully they remained asleep.

He opened the door, slowly. It creaked too.

He'd never noticed the beds or the door creak when he opened them quickly.

The lights in the bathroom outside were off, which meant that no one was in there.
He opened the door, slowly. It didn't creak, thankfully.

Aiden locked the door behind him and filled up a cup with water, then rubbed it on his face.
But nothing could hold back his sobs.

He muttered a few curse words, saying a quite vulgar one when someone' knocked at the door.
"Aiden?"
It was Dulcie. Aiden cursed again and wiped his face, then opened the door.

She stepped inside and locked the door again.
"You have one hell of a potty mouth when you think you're alone."

Aiden allowed himself a little laugh, though it was still mixed in with his crying.
He could almost see Dulcie's concern, even before she turned the lights back on.
"Are you crying?"

He didn't answer, but that was more than enough for Dulcie.
"Aiden..." She said, softy. "What's wrong? I know there's something."
He blinked rapidly. "Ada," he managed. "She doesn't know where I am. Or if I'm even alive."

Dulcie's expression only grew more concerned. It made Aiden feel so guilty.
"Well," Dulcie said, her voice scarcely above a whisper. "In the morning you could ask Rico to organize a mission. Might take a little while before you can go, though. Vecuria is dangerous for a young Raven."

Aiden nodded, wiping away a few of his tears.
"Night, Aiden." Dulcie muttered.
Aiden could see the doubt and worry in her eyes, her tight lips. How she tugged at her nightshirt and stared into his eyes, as if she was waiting for him to fess up and admit that he was going to leave that night.

Eventually, she left, and Aiden drew a long, shaky breath.
If she had stayed, he might've changed his mind.
He pressed his ear to the crack on the door and listened for the sounds of Dulcie entering her room.

He heard the door shut and headed back into his own room.
But he didn't go back to sleep.
Instead, he put on his Ravens' clock. It scraped his knees, but didn't touch the ground.

He didn't have enough time to change, lest he be found out. Then best he could do was add another layer so he didn't freeze to death before he reached Vecuria.

Aiden kept his breathing soft as he prepped for the journey to Becuria, going into the kitchen to pack food, and grabbing one of the maps that tracked your location.

After what felt like hours, Aiden was outside, creeping towards the stables.
The horse he always rode was Nitika, a young, intelligent mare with white hair and a brown mane.

She'd be a little stark against the night sky, but a bright horse he rode often was better than dark horse he'd never ridden.

He saddled her and found his way on, and grabbed the reins.
"C'mon, Nitika," he muttered, and she started off in a trot.

It was a bouncy ride. She didn't jostle, but she wasn't steady, either. It was kind of fun when he was riding in training, it now, when he wanted to get to Vecuria before the sun came up (and hopefully back again) he needed to move fast.

After a couple hours, he saw the twinkling street lights of Vecuria, and patted Nitika's side. "Forward fast," he whispered.
Not far from Vecuria, he ran into trouble.

Aiden sucked his breath in and leaned forwards, covering up the Raven emblem on his jacket.
A group of Catago warriors were gathered together, as if they were watching, waiting, for Aiden.

He sat up. It  would be odd if someone came past this group, hiding their clothes.

Instead he pulled the folds of the garment over the emblem and rose past, trying to appear like an average citizen, heading back to his home.
"Nice horse riding for a kid," one of warriors said, and sly smile on her face.

"Oh, yeah. I haven't seen many kids who are decent at horse riding. Who taught you?"
Aiden gulped. He should've waited until morning, talk to Rico. This wouldn't be happening.

"I... uh... don't know their name."
"I... uh..." one sputtered, mocking Aiden. "What's the matter with you."

"I needa get home..."  Aiden said, shrinking in his cloak.
"Oh well. We won't trouble you anymore, just poking some fun. You know how that is."
It all appeared to be okay until one of the Catago playfully elbowed him.

The movement made him flinch and jump, and by the time he was wondering why everyone was all quiet, the man tackled him.
Aiden pulled the reins back and let the man strike the ground, but not before the man struck Nitika.

The mare was startled by the sudden impact and before he could process what was happening, Aiden was on the ground, Raven emblem exposed, three angry Catago hovering above him.

One of them forcefully pulled him up and wrestled his arms behind his back. It took all of Aiden's willpower not to scream or cry as his wrists were cuffed to each other.

"You are under arrest for treason," one of the Catago said mockingly.
Then a horrifying smirk came onto their lips. "Punishable by death."

Previous Chapter: Five
Next Chapter: Seven
Last edited by frankie (dup) on Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
my dms are open,
but im a spoonie
and i may not
respond promptly.
it's not personal.
especially hmu if
you want to talk
about atla,
im autistic and its
been my special
interest for like.
a bajillion years.