Dark survivor

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

Dark survivor

Postby Nevriande » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:42 am

Dark Survivor
"We're the wild, and we'll always be"

Prologue
All was well, the herds were together, at the seemingly endless stream. They gathered there every night when there was a blood moon to celebrate. Even lone mares and bachelors would join in the fun. This was a culture, a tradition, only the wild horses of New Zealand would do.
Just before the blood moon rises, all the horses would gather on the left side of the stream, and when the moon would rise, all the horses and foals would cross the stream onto the other side, and cross back when the moon sets in the morning, before they headed their separate ways again.
The horses have been doing this for centuries, passed down from generations to generations. It became a very common thing for all the horses, as stories and legends would be told to young foals by aging horses, just before they leave the herd.
This time however, something would change each and every horse's life, forever. And there would be no celebrations that night, and no happy voices echoing into the night, just sad sad faces, and mourns for those who would never walk the earth again.
The fire spread across the fields on both sides of the stream, trapping the horses. Some stallions were brave enough to dash through the fire and made it out save, although some got caught up in the fire and were burnt to death. The herd leaders all made their way out of the fire safe and sound, and thought of the many different ways to save the remaining mares and foals.
Yet, the only way was for them to have the courage and dash out of the fire like the stallions did. Many hesitated, but a a very few number of brave ones made it out alive with only a few burnt scratches. Still, the number of mares and foals that were trapped was still a large number. Some stallions suggested that the mares carry the lighter and younger foals in their mouths and dash out. This method worked for all foals except one, Mists of Avalon. He usually goes by him more common name, Wildfire.
He just stoop there, frozen, not daring to move. His mother kept nudging him to dash through the fire that was raging even more. The heat was unbearable to take that the stallions, mares and foals that made it out alive had to step further away from the fire, and further away from the remaining horses.
Some other mares tried to escape but were too slow and was burnt to death. One mare, tried a new escape route, heading for the stream, trying to swim through the fire. However, the water slowed her down and she got caught in the fire as well. Wildfire's mother tried desperately to save the other mare, but the fire spread towards her and she herself burnt to death, leaving Wildfire, who watched his mother's death silently, the only remaining foal trapped in the fire. He till dared not move despite the desperate calls of the other mares and stallions who made it out.
The fire kept growing and growing, and soon, it was impossible to see the young foal anymore. The horses who had survived presumed that he had died and walked away, heads hung low, tails in between their hind legs, and with a heavy heart. They walked back to the open field as the full blood moon hung above them.

Nevriande

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dark survivor

Postby star star. » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:44 am

i don't usually read horse stories anymore, but...
    this is amazing! good job. i hope you continue <3

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
and the world makes sense behind a
chain-link fence. if i could leave,
i would've already left.

── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
leaf/sage | adult | any pronouns | aroace
1x1 search

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
star star.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dark survivor

Postby Nevriande » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:26 am

wicked mabel. wrote:
    i don't usually read horse stories anymore, but...
    this is amazing! good job. i hope you continue <3

Thank you so much!!
It really means a lot! :mrgreen:
I'll try to post a chapter up once every two to three weeks until my exams are over :)
Nevriande

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me