poncho pal #t32 - voice of nothing by sunnyfaerie

Based on Click to view
Artist sunnyfaerie [gallery]
Time spent 24 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

poncho pal #t32 - voice of nothing

Postby sunnyfaerie » Sat May 26, 2018 9:13 pm

my first adopt as a trial artist!! to win this pp, tell me about their mask! why do they wear it? do they willingly wear it? is it a permanent binding or simply a fashion statement? go wild !
you have a limit of 1000 words, and this contest will last until june 12th 20th! prettying up is allowed!
Code: Select all
[b]username;;[/b]
[b]name;;[/b]
[b]gender;;[/b]
[b]about their mask;;[/b] (max. 1000 words)
Last edited by sunnyfaerie on Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥
love is always lovely in the end!
status: practically dead from laziness. please be patient w me!
saukkos // toyhou.se // a bit about me.
sunnyfaerie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

- none

Postby bakuraas. » Sat May 26, 2018 11:16 pm

username;; Golden-Boy
name;; None Vox
gender;; Male
about their mask;;
[A worthless or meaningless word, especially one produced by a scribal or printer's error. ...]

Son of a scribe, he was meant to focus his life's work only on writing down the thoughts of those more powerful than himself. His father encouraged him never to speak his mind, and to always stay quiet and understand that those above him have a reason for being so high in the world. He had a name before, a real name, but when he went against his father's word that name was taken away. When he believed he couldn't be found out, None wrote down his thoughts on the kings and the princes and all of the royals and those above him. How they were posh, undeserving, and cruel in nature. But his father found out, recognizing his own son's handwriting. He couldn't be seen with a son advocating such harsh thoughts against the royals, so he had to keep the boy silent somehow.

His poncho used to be blank, but armed with a knife, his father tore the words out that meant to be what everyone saw the boy as. "Vox Nihili." A worthless word, a meaningless word. That's all his son's words were to everyone else, meaningless, worthless. He didn't want to do this to his own son, but if he didn't the royals would kill them both. None's screaming didn't stop his father, and in fact, that only made it worse. He needed to keep None silent, so he took the mask that his wife had worn into battle, and fused it to his son's skin, the screaming soon dying down into muffled noises. Never could he remove it, and with how rushed the fusing was, his poor son was now left both mute and blind. He could not keep him around either, he could not care for his only son...so he brought him out to the middle of a forest, and bid him farewell, kissing his forehead covered in metal, and hoping that even after all this, he would still know his father...somehow loved him.
Last edited by bakuraas. on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"tip-top! absolutely tickity-boo!"
♥️[ gb, baku ] ♦️ [ he/they/faer ]♥️
・:*:・。☆{ baku's angel c4c }☆。・:*:・
♥️[ ravynscar ] ♦️ [ cs character toyhouse ] ♦️ [ empyra ]♥️
♥️[ karsalis ]♥️
bakuraas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: poncho pal #t32 - voice of nothing

Postby TomBoyCOOLCH13 » Sun May 27, 2018 1:02 pm

username;; TomBoyCOOLCH13
name;; HideAway
gender;; Male
about their mask;; (max. 1000 words)
((WIP))
- words mean "the voice of nothing"
- speaks in demonic tongues but never says anything harmful, usually trying to say he's friendly
- removable but he wears it to mode his large dagger like teeth so he can appears more friendly
- spikes around his neck is apart of him but usually they aren't pointed out, he keeps them out to ward off people from letting their hands get close to his mouth
- the reason for the words on him is because he has been chased out of every town he's tried to befriend and has now been labeled "the voice of nothing"
TomBoyCOOLCH13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunnyfaerie » Thu May 31, 2018 10:34 pm

bump!
♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥
sunnyfaerie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunnyfaerie » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:06 pm

bump! may extend this competition!
♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥
sunnyfaerie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SlimPaw » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:07 pm

username;; SlimPaw
name;; Rainen
gender;; Female
about their mask;; Their mask hides a scar across where the eye is which opens up like a 3 part mouth (max. 1000 words)
Last edited by SlimPaw on Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
| She / They | Demisexual | Gemini | Artist | <3 |
SlimPaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SyntheticFox » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:09 am

username;; SyntheticFox
name;; ...
gender;; Male
about their mask;;

Nobody knows his true name, but he was once named the Voice of Reason. Everyone turned to him when someone was off. He was wise and intelligent, little did he know his whole world would be turned arround. The Voice of Reason was lured away by a siren's song. The Voice of Reason was framed for being a ruthless siren that caused the disappearance of over thousands of people. To prevent any more missing people, they punished the Voice of reason and forced a permanent mask upon them. To rub salt in wounds, they wrote "the voice of nothing" on his atire. Little did they know, people still vanished until their whole population was wiped out.
Last edited by SyntheticFox on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello There !

I'm SyntheticFox ! (Or Fox)
Feel free to message me !

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kalons』✮『Senti』✮『Bigby

SyntheticFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunnyfaerie » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:28 pm

extended to june 12th !
♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥
♥ ♥ ♥
sunnyfaerie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SlimPaw » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:07 am

The extension is really long and I won't be able to get online then, plus I was looking forward to winners 2 days ago :(

Could you shorten the timer?
| She / They | Demisexual | Gemini | Artist | <3 |
SlimPaw

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby junebugpoke » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:42 pm

username;; junebugthetrainer
name;; Vox Populi Nihili
gender;; female
about their mask;; They were once the voice of the people, wearing no mask and bearing their name of cursive letters on their poncho- "Vox Populi." As a citizen of the kingdom, they heard what the people said and needed and informed the royalty in power of the needs of the people. They were always brutally honest about the happenings in the kingdom, and gave helpful advice on what to do next. This worked well for generations of kings, queens, and nonbinary royalty, who all found Vox's sayings helpful. The kingdom flourished, and Vox was highly respected all throughout the kingdom.
However, the queen was struck down in battle, and her son took the throne. The new king was a vile, snobby, childish boy who never listened to Vox. The kingdom, without a ruler who would listen to their woes, began to wilt. Vox's next visit to the castle where the royals resided could not have been worse. The king, a selfish being, blamed all of the destruction on Vox, and told them to leave the castle and never come back. The King's guards chased Vox out, who fled to safety in a house just outside of the castle and caught their breath. After catching their breath, they walked to their residence to gather their belongings. On the way out the door, they ran into the resident, who found them unwelcome. The resident yelled at Vox for all that they did, and Vox realized they were no longer welcome in their own hometown. Then they were shoved to the ground with a slam of the door.
Vox ran. They ran as fast and as far as they could, until they could run no more. They found a dark alleyway just blocks away from their house and collapsed, falling asleep immediately. They slept well, though their dreams morphed into nightmares and back. Nothing could wake them for the exhaustion they felt.
Suddenly, Vox awoke to feel a sharp pain on their mouth, their eye, their nose, their tongue oh god my tongue why the tongue- and then heard footsteps quickly fading. Vox's eyes went into focus and they tried to stand, but their paws were wobbly. They tasted blood in their mouth. They managed to get on their feet, and noticed their poncho was not what it once was. The old poncho was ripped to shreds on the ground a foot away, replaced by a black one with new writing- "VOX NIHILI," in standard all caps letters. They gathered up the pieces out of sentimentality. Vox wondered, bewildered, what the words might mean. It dawned upon them that it meant "voice of no-one," which about summed up how the kingdom felt about them now. They sat back down, placing the shreds of poncho into a small bag they always carried under their poncho. Vox reached up to their face to gauge the damage. First they felt their eyes, which felt normal except for a cut under their eye which was still bleeding. Then they felt their nose, which was also normal. They felt their mouth, and noticed the newfound lack of tongue they had. They reached inside their mouth to make sure. No tongue. They curled up into a ball. Why the tongue? Why the tongue? Why the tongue? Something else dawned on them. Vox Nihili. Voice of no-one.
They donned a mask to hide their shame, and wore the poncho to show their failure. They would never speak again, for their people or theirself.

Vox Populi Nihili

oh my gosh this is so long i'm sorry nwn'

-hey, im crow, they/he!!
-i have a bad memory, so please tell
me if i forgot something :]

-media of the login:
nitw
junebugpoke

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery