Viscet #2459 - Hummingbirds and Honeysuckles by grifforik

Based on Click to view
Artist grifforik [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 12 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
17 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Viscet #2459 - Hummingbirds and Honeysuckles

Postby grifforik » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:37 am

So, this little one is based off of Hummingbirds and Honeysuckles. :)
**The extra flowers on the tail are items :)

username: shibeboi
name: Hua
gender for breeding: Female
Owned as of: 6/3/18

Rules:
1. Total word count must be over 800 words total.
2. Tell me a story about them in the spring, no word limit.
3. Show me a cool gif of a humming bird or an image.
4. Tell me a few things they like to do, needs to be at least 3 things, with a 100 word or more blurb each.
5. Unlimited words and art.

Form:
Code: Select all
Username:
Name:
Story: A story about spring, no word limit.
Like to do: 3 things they like to do, 100 words or more EACH.
Gif: Show me a cool hummingbird gif or image.

Mutations:
Vinetail - Event Rare

End date:
15th of May
Last edited by grifforik on Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
grifforik

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #2459 - Hummingbirds and Honeysuckles

Postby Bunny!! » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:23 am

Mark <3 so beautiful.

Reserving the name: Lilly or maybe Noah
Reserving: baking, bracelet weaving, and the practice of Entomology
Bunny!!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:34 am

Username: Gadgetrocks
Name: Nile
Gender for breeding: Female
"Where do the summer winds take you?"
Nile sighed, knee deep in the summer on spring grass, dry but alive, a yellowy green. Her tail felt heavy, the sun leeching the moisture from them, making her throut feel parched and salty. She had to find a forest, having the ability to turn into a birch tree covered in honey suckles was usefull, but not if the sun was tearing at her with its ravonous claws. The field looked endless, stretching on, one rolling hill after another.
"Why did I do this..." She whispered aloud, scolding herself for trying to go to Seven Stars for potion ingredients, she should have know the Queen would be suspicious of a viscet with a huge plant covered tail who was looking for fresh whip grass. The guards had tried to arrest her, but the fact that she can turn into a tree halted them, as they had no idea where she had gone. Nile grumbled to herself, feeling drained from not being near trees and nature for hours on end.
----------Nile's hobbies----------

Druidic Magic: Nile is a druid, so this one probably makes the most sense. Druidic magic mainly resolves around plants and nature, and the whip grass she was buying was for her spell casting. Her magic is mainly used for healing and making plants grow, though it can have a dark side. Able to trap you strangle the life out of something with her plants is always a concern, so that's why she lives alone in the woods.

"The discovery of magic."
The tiny, runt of a 'cet poked her head out of the red and green spotted egg shell, hoping to take in the friendly face of a parent or guardian. She waited. No one came to claim her as their child, so she decided to get up and move herself. Getting out of the egg was a pain, with short, stubby legs and a large, heavy tail she tried and slipped many, many times. As she finally pushed herself out of the eggshell, she spotted the squirrel. Being the tiny little tot of a 'cetling she was, she wanted to chase it. She growled, the normally fearsome sound coming out in a squeaky "Grrup!" Well, the squirrel was startled and tried to run, its feet thumping the ground but its body not jolting forward to any degree. Nile paced closer to it, confused by why it hadn't run. As the squirrel kept midair treadmilling, she noticed the tiny roots of a sapling wound around the squirrel's legs. She crouched down to get a better look, also noticing her right paw clenched tightly into a ball. Unclenching her paw resulting in the squirrels release, it bounding away, maybe never noticing in its tiny brain that it had been stalled for two minutes. Nile stumbled back, gasping. She had magic.

[/quote]
Wood Carving: When living surrounded by wood, you need to do something with it, and living in the woods pretty far away from all other viscet society leads to the need of bowls, plates, utensils, and other small things you need. She wood carves to chase away the boredom and to make what she needs, pretty simple. Also, having no parents growing up, she has this little childish spot inside her, a yearn, and wanting, to just be a child again, with a warm, loving family, so she carves toys. Whenever some random viscet stumbles apon her cabin she loves to give them these little wooden gifts that she's carved herself.

Story Telling: Close enough to her cabin, is a small village of Viscets and once the younglings heard of the magical, toy making, tree 'cets in the woods, she was an instant hit. Hey, the parents were fine, they didn't need to hire a baby sitter! They children loved learning how to carve wood, grow plants with magic, and play with the many toys Nile creates, but what they loved most was her stories, they way she discribes events in such a real way your not sure if you could go a look up that event in a history text book.
"The Dragon Hunter"
By Nile
"Once upon a time, their lived a beautiful red and gold viscet, daughter to a wealthy and loving family, and the great friend to her younger cousin.

Res with her being a nymph
Gif: Above!
Last edited by Gadgetrocks on Wed May 23, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 11 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ᕼᑘᗩ

Postby shibeboi » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:35 am

Image Image Image
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

username: shibeboi
name: Hua
gender for breeding: Female
total word count: 1,209

surfing: Hua enjoys spending her days out
on the waves with her watermelon board.
She has great balance, making this hobby
easy for her. She can often be found with
friends, as she hates being alone. Living in
Hawaii, she gets to surf all year. She's been
involved in many competitions, and won a
good amount of them. This is truly her best
skill, her number one passion. She's made a
lot of friends from competitions, but a lot of
rivals as well. There's always a certain tension
on the water before they begin. Some surfers
get salty - like the water - when they don't
win and will attack the winners. Hua never
gets like that, though. She's a peaceful soul.
wood carving: After a long day of surfing,
Hua enjoys to relax, get her knife out and
carve some wood. It's truly a relaxing thing
to do. Sure, she's not very good and whatever
she tries to make ends up looking like a blob
of wood, but she loves it nonetheless. It also
helps her calm done before a big surfing heat,
when her stress levels are sky high. She really
enjoys crafting spoons the most. They're pretty
easy, fun to work with and useful in the end,
even if they do look deformed. Her family and
friends often receive them as Christmas gifts as
well birthday presents. Right now, Hua started a
big project with her wood carving: a ukulele. it
must be the Hawaiian in her, but she loves the
instruments and wants to make her own,
though she doesn't know how to play.
browsing: Although a strange hobby, Hua
thoroughly enjoys spending her time browsing
stores. Online or in person, it doesn't matter.
Something about seeing all the nice clothes
and makeup and gadgets calms her. She's
not a huge shopper, and is quite content with
the things she has now, but she still enjoys
laying her eyes on whatever's in store. Hua
will sometimes go into stores and see what
there is to look at, but she mostly just looks
in the windows and at the mannequins. This
is a hobby Hua prefers to do alone, since it is
a strange one. Nobody really understands why
she never buys anything. so they kinda ditch her
whenever they do come along. But Hua doesn't
mind. The solitude gives her peace.

It was late March, and spring had just begun. The surfing season was coming to a close and Hua, exhausted from a long day of catching waves, was walking home. Her surfboard at hand, her feet padded the gravel road leading to her house. A small breeze swept through the air, and Hua shivered. She was already damp and cold from the water, and the breeze was not helping. She reached her small house, where she lived with her mother, father and two little sisters. She walked, greeted the family dog, Minni, and put her surfboard away. She grabbed a dry towel from her bathroom, as the one she was using was wet and no good, and dried herself off again just to be sure. Her two little sisters greeted her, bouncing out of their room that they shared. They we,re always so enthusiastic and perky, and they loved Hua dearly. After finishing with her sisters, she walked to the kitchen and grabbed an apple. Her parents walked, telling her the plans for the evening. They wanted to have a barbecue, just the five of them. Excited, Hua changed out of her swimwear and put on a normal pair of shorts and a shirt. Her dad had got the grill going, and the smell of cooked meat drifted through the air as she walked outside. Her mouth watering, she approached the grill to see that a variety of meats were being cooked. There were certainly going to be leftovers. She sat down and the glass patio table they owned, and listened to her sisters babbling about some bug they found. Her dad arrived with the meats, and they served themselves up. There was, along with the meat, potato salad, chips and fruits and veggies. After eating their fill, they went inside to play a board game. it was pretty late already, and since it was early spring, it was starting to get dark. Hua's youngest sister, Lilly, pulled out Monopoly and started to play. It was a Friday, so they had confidence that they could finish the game.

In the middle of Hua's older younger sister, Shiloh,'s turn, the lights cut out, along with the air conditioning that was going. Lilly and Shiloh screamed. They were deathly afraid of the dark. Almost in pitch blackness, Hua stumbled into the kitchen for a flashlight. She found it, and came back into the living room where they were playing. Lilly and Shiloh looked scared, like they had seen a ghost. They huddled with their parents, as Hua checked her phone with her data to see when the power was supposed to be back on. Unfortunately, it was only due to come back in the morning.
"How are we going to sleep in the darkness?!" Lilly cried. Hua, trying to comfort them, mentioned that they close their eyes every time they went to sleep anyways, and this should be no different. However, the two sisters refused to go to bed in the dark. Hua, a tad bit annoyed at her sisters, came up with a great idea. She whispered it to her mother, and after a bit of discussion with her father, agreed. She called Lilly and Shiloh over, and marched outside to their backyard shed and, getting Shiloh to hold the flashlight, brought out the tent, a lantern and two big sleeping bags. Confused, Shiloh asked what was going on. Hua explained:
" Since you guys are too scared to sleep indoors, I thought it would be a good idea to set up the tent in the backyard and make it like a little camping trip!" This excited the two sisters, as any sign of fear had been wiped from their faces. They helped set up the tent and sleeping bags. One sleeping bag was going to be used as a mattress, and the other as a blanket. They got three pillows and Minni from inside the house, who had been sleeping peacefully, and brought them to the tent. Hua turned the lantern on, as it would stay all night, and Minni settled down at their feet, The three sisters huddle together, and talked for a bit before Lilly and Shiloh feel asleep. Hua too fell asleep not long after, her sleep being long and dreamless.

The next morning, when they woke up, the power had been turned back on. The three sisters didn't even have to look for lights, as they could smell bacon coming from the house. They eagerly jumped out of the tent, excited for breakfast. Hua decided she would take the tent down later. Procrastination was one of her major faults, she she deep down doubted it would be her that took the tent down. Minni rushed past Hua, she too apparently hungry from the long night. The whole family had breakfast together, and Lilly and Shiloh discussed how fun their "camping trip" was.
Last edited by shibeboi on Thu May 17, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 6 times in total.
shibeboi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pacsaj » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:44 am

Mark
•Icon made by Doosio on DA

Pacsaj

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby birdbones » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:12 pm

Username:
Name:
Story: <spring isn’t always beautiful>
Res

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
╔═══════════════╗

𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫 [/ˈreɪvə/]
(noun informal)
!!your amazing!!
hey, i'm birdbones,
i'm on toyhou.se n DA (@yeanbones)
i'm also on artfight (@birdbones)
i'm always looking for art!
(See also:
Icon shop
art © ©)

╚═══════════════╝
birdbones

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Teya~ » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:30 pm

eep! I just adore hummingbirds ;0;
Sherlock, Downton Abbey, Once Upon a Time, Supernatural, Psych, and Doctor Who NERD. My Viscets RP
Image Image Image
I'm also a Viscet nerd c: If you haven't heard of them click here and tell them I referred you please ^-^
Check out my NEW and improved Art Shop! My prices are still negotiable c:
My WIP story, ♛ The Prince, ⚔ the Soldier, & the Gifted ☀ #2 <3
~Teya~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Softballpup12 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:38 pm

My favorite bird is a hummingbird... Please, res w/ the fiery-throated hummingbird
Amazing Art by Sixbane ^^^^^

ON HIATUS

Hey! I'm Soft!
I'm a high school student taking all honors classes and procrastinating so much it's a surprise I still have all A's... We'll see how long that lasts. As such, I'm busier than I thought I would be and things are getting done much slower than I expected. Please bear with me while I catch up!

| PM me: Anytime! || Ask for Help: Absolutely! |

My Kalons
Softballpup12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cyberdragon725 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:56 am

Username: cyberdragon725
Name:
Story: A story about spring, no word limit.

Highly probable res OwO
xxxx my fren
xcreaterazoralexhowl
xbettajamesmiloyugi
xblutengu
xxx x COLLEGE‼‼‼
x blu helped coding siggg.
xxxxxx ^Precious Blu Bean
━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ 🌑 ━ ━ ━ ━ ━ ⭐ ━ ━ ━ ━ ━
x To Do ::
✁ Full time job! Growin up