Based on Click to view
Artist emblo [gallery]
Time spent 35 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Rise | #0183

Postby emblo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:29 am

Welcome to Rise!
Rise is an adoptable based on Warrior Cats and focused around world building and character development.
Please make sure that you read the main thread so that you understand limits and levels!

my first adopt as a guest artist! for this contest, tell me how they were as a kit, verses how they are now. what's changed, and what's stayed the same? this is limited to 500 words and 2 pieces of art. feel free to pretty up and organize it as you want, but no extras! remember that you must have an open clan member spot, or not have a founder/have posted a founder form to be eligible.
ends in 2 weeks on march 10th!

genetics wrote:------------------------------------------ SSS: Foundation
----------------- SS: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SSD: Foundation
Father: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SDS: Foundation
----------------- SD: Foundation
------------------------------------------ SDD: Foundation

------------------------------------------ DSS: Foundation
----------------- DS: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DSD: Foundation
Dam: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DDS: Foundation
----------------- DD: Foundation
------------------------------------------ DDD: Foundation
cat info wrote:Username: PeanutButterRum
Cat Name: Yewclaw
Clan: Mapleclan

Description: Marbled cream tabby with moderate
amounts of white and light yellow eyes

Other Features: Bit scrawnier and has slightly messy fur
Siblings: Dovetail
Last edited by emblo on Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
emblo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #0183

Postby TheSongOfTheStars » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:31 am

username: TheSongOfTheStars
name: Breezesong
clan thread: Songclan
prompt:
407 words
As a kit
I was born as the rat-tailed runt to a sick, skinny, starving barn cat. My littlermates and I came into the cold world, kicking, screaming, and trying to go back where we came from. None of us made it back as far as I know and eventually we gave up as our exhausted mother wrapped herself around us and prompted us to begin eating.

I was really nothing and no one, even to myself, just another scruffy dirty kit tagging at my mother's heels, afraid of the shadows in the barn, afraid to be left behind, afraid to be alone.
Fear permeated the entire way of life in the darkness and the dust. For good reason too.
One of my siblings was crushed under a twoleg's boot when he tried to be too friendly, another became too brave and left the relative safety of the barn walls and never returned.

Fear was good, fear kept me close to my mother, who in turn kept me alive.
But it was a hard way to live, fear kept me awake at night, fear kept me hungry and in the dark, away from chasing the mice and the warmth of the sunlight.

But it didn't keep away the twolegs or the roaring monsters or the cold or dogs.

It especially didn't keep away the dogs.

And one night when the hungry animals came stealing into the barn, neither fear nor my mother could keep the dogs away from us.

They ate my siblings after breaking my mother's back and eating her first, then they played with me like one of their toys, throwing me across the floor and into the hay.

Then, bleeding, crying, figuring I would die anyway, I decided to be brave instead of fearful.
Now

It's been many long seasons since that night in the barn, when I bit a dog on the nose and ran out into the terrifying world. I've travelled thunder paths and braved rivers. I've wandered with rogues and lived with clans and above all I've learned that fear is a tool that we use to keep ourselves alive. We should never let it control us, but neither should we forsake it entirely. I am not a fearful cat now, like I once was, nor would I call myself a brave one, I am a whole cat, a complete and balanced creature who walks a life neither plagued wit terror nor bloated with arrogance.
Last edited by TheSongOfTheStars on Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.

If crediting me for art/character design then please use TheSongOfTheStars on Toyhou.se
or FiveSecondsToFly on deviantart for anywhere else
TheSongOfTheStars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ki-neko animura » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:36 am

username: ki-Neko animura
name: sicklekit - sicklepaw - sicklestream
clan thread:
prompt:
ki-neko animura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PeanutButterRum » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:43 am

──────────────────────────────────────────────────
yewclaw ✿ tom-cat ✿ apleclan
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

.....The lush green grass that lead from the nursery to the medicine cat den was shaking softly in the late night wind. All in the clan was asleep, all except for Yewkit. He crawled out of the hollow tree stump he had called home his whole life to see someone he trusted more than anyone else. For as long as Yewkit remembers he had always had a connection to the Medicine cat of the clan. His own birth-mother was not there for him, she actually had abandoned him near the clan. Honeystar had been there to temporarily nurse him with her own kits. It wasn't Honeystar who he liked to be around however. The familiar sound of Hawkmoon's heavy breathing escaped the large log. "Hawky?" the small tom called. A single orange eye opened and then shut again, "Hello, Yewkit. What are you doing out of the nursery?" He didn't reply for a moment, he quickly just walked up to the she-cat and laid down. "You can stay for the night, but when you are an apprentice your mother will not be happy about you wandering off to see me. You need to learn to sleep in your assigned den."

..... A raspy breathing echoed in the log, as it has a long time. Hawkmoon opened her eyes to look at the apprentice she was training. He was small for twelve moons old, his growth seemed to be stunted by his neglect as a kit. Sunlight was sneaking in through the cracks of the log, the sun was coming up, as it did everyday. As normal as this day appeared, it wasn't. Hawkmoon turned her head and gently licked the tom's nose, "Good morning Yewpaw. Did you sleep well?" Yewpaw turned his head to the side and nuzzled closer to the she-cats side. "It is a special day today Yewpaw, if you don't want to know why it is, you can go back to bed," Hawkmoon spoke softly. The tom perked up immediately, turning his head to meet hers ",W-what? What is it?" Hawkmoon stood up and walked to the great oak tree. Honeystar was already awake, and perched on her branch, the spot she gave important speeches on. Yewpaw ran to catch up, then looked around him, the whole clan was gathered together.

..... "Yewpaw, my faithful son and loyal medicine apprentice. You've been training since you were the age of four moons. I think it is now the time that you have your warrior name. For your bravery you've shown your whole life, and your strength despite your size, you will now be known as Yewclaw," Honeystar's voice was loud and clear. Yewpaw looked to his mentor with tears in his eyes, she slowly padded to him touched their noses together "Go, go up there." He nodded and jumped onto the large rock. Honeystar lept down from her branch and landed softly next to her son. "I am so proud of you," she spoke then licked his forehead.

....................................................................................
The loving someone has to be earned, sometimes more with one person than another. Once you love someone however, that bond does not easily go away.
Last edited by PeanutButterRum on Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
PeanutButterRum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby endless shelter;; » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:45 am

username: endless shelter;;
name: Rosenose
clan thread:
prompt:

res so much
endless shelter;;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Katrione » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:51 am

username:
katrione

name:
marigoldnose

warrior

clan thread:
gorseclan

prompt:
as a kit, marigoldnose was very shy and never strayed far from the warmth and protection of her mother. she was the only kit in her litter and her mother's first litter so her mother was fine with her staying close to her all the time. her shyness stayed with her until she became an apprentice. she was taken out of the camp as much as possible by her mentor, to try and get the skittish she-cat to be more confident. she was making good progress until her mother died from greencough one leafbare. marigoldnose started to shy away from others again until her father snapped her out of it, saying that her mother would want her to live her life to the fullest for her. marigoldnose took her father's words to heart and lived every day like it was her last. now hardly anyone remembers the shy and clingy kit she use to be. all she is know for now is the laughs and adventures that she brings to her clanmates. marigoldnose never lets anything pass her by and is the first one to jump into any situation.
Katrione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kiffell » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:55 am

mark
- - - - - -
mangroveclan (stars) | cactusclan (stars)
- - - - - -
im no longer active on cs, if you want to talk/need to contact me please do so through discord or TH!
kiffell

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby danheng » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:54 am

username:
name: peachtree
clan thread:
prompt: res!
danheng

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirittai1 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:44 pm

username: spirittai1
      clan thread: heathclan

name: sandfang

prompt: wip <3
    -
    spirit | it/its
    lost a lot recently, not feeling well
    please be gentle
spirittai1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GreyScale » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:02 am

username:
GreyScale
name:
Heatherpelt
Warrior
clan thread:
Dewclan
prompt:
What do you do, when the cat you love is about to die? When there is nothing you can do to save him? Well, that is what Heatherpelt asked, but received no answer.
Heather sat down beside the body of her love, Coal. They were hunting when a fox came and attacked them. They had no choose to but to run, the fox was full grown and clearly hungry only making it more savage. Shard told Heather to run and he would be right behind her, but the fox got a hold of him before he could follow. He escaped and survived but doesn't have much longer to live. "Only if I had been faster." He would say. "Then I wouldn't be about to die."
"You not about to die. Please. I need you." Heather would always respond. But of course she knew nothing about herbs and could watch in dismay as he began to take his final breaths. "If I had been faster then maybe we could've had kits and a long happy life together."
"No. No. No! We still can, you will be alright. Please." Heather broke into tears knowing it wasn't true.
" You know that's a lie. Just remember that no matter how fast you opponent maybe. Always be faster. Always push yourself past the limits. Never let them catch you or you will end up dead like me." With those words he gave his final breath. Heather watched in tears as a misty figure rose out of the lifeless body. It was young and healthy, not mangled and broken like before. The figure smiled and touched noses with heathers. " Always be faster" The words flashed in mind then the figure was gone. Heather soon heard about a cat named Dewdrop who was starting somthing called a clan and decided to join but never forgot those words of her beloved. "Always, be faster."
Last edited by GreyScale on Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
GreyScale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me