Artist _Alex_ [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 47 minutes
Drawing sessions 4
7 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

viscet #2338

Postby _Alex_ » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:14 pm

user: Gadgetrocks
    name: Saber

this is my second anniversary with viscets as a staff member and i have to say, i never thought i'd be in the position that i am when i adopted my first viscet (who's actually from the first anniversary) back in march 2016. but it's been a fun run for sure and i can't wait to see what the future has in store for viscets c:

for this one, i'd like to know what their favorite legend is. is it real? is it fake? is it one they created or one that has been passed down for centuries. you can interpret this prompt however you'd like, as long as the prompt is answered. there's no maximum limit on the prompt response, but there is a minimum limit of two hundred words OR one art piece. you may have up to 3 art extras and five thousand words to do with as you please as well.

this will end march 13 at 5 pm CST, although an extension may be given if asked for 24 hours in advance of the closing time.

Code: Select all
    [b]username: [/b]
    [b]name: [/b]
    [b]gender: [/b]

[b]what is their favorite legend?:[/b]
    [b]extra(s):[/b]

mutations wrote:horizontal pupils - rare
    saber fangs - roaming event
Last edited by _Alex_ on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

_Alex_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: viscet #2338

Postby Gadgetrocks » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:54 am

username: Gadgetrocks

what is their favorite legend?: The legend of the Basilisk.
A dark wood
1651, England

The dapper Viscet took his top hat off, rubbing his neck. He was worried and alone, in the dark woods, he needed to get back to his daughters. The pines looming around him seemed to be judging him, and his horse was breathing heavily in exhaustion. A faint rustle in the undergrowth caught him by surprise, and he sharply turned his head to see a beautiful Viscet maiden sitting there.
"Hello, lost traveler," The stranger said "Come stay with me in till morning." He was tired and it had just started to rain, so her followed her to a large looming cave, stalactites dripping from the ceiling like fangs. The stranger lead him in, and revealed a cozy home nestled into the cave.
"What realistic statues these are." He said, running his paw along the ruff of a lifelike stone Viscet in 1500's clothing.
"Yep," She replied, "I have a passion for carving." She smiled warmly, but something felt off, like a illusion. Her eyes seemed to flicker oddly in the candle light, her teeth seemed a little too sharp, and almost all the carving looked asleep or terrified. He started to run.
"Leaving so soon?" She reared up and threw the bronze teapot at him, and with a clank, all he saw was black.

He woke up in a different part of the cave, with no obvious way out and rubbed the back of his sore head. What he saw next terrified him. The maiden, her eyes snake-like slits, her teeth long and curving, and behind her, he could see the reflection of two large yellow eye, ringed in green. He looked down, covering his eyes with his arm, and started to reach around for something sharp. His paws rested on a stalagmite, which he quickly broke in half. The snake maiden laughed.
"You think you can bring me down with that?" She started to laugh crazily, and thats when he struck.
A small town
1651, England

The Viscet walked into town, his horse panting, but what really drew everyone's eyes, was the Viscet himself. A stalagmite gripped in his paw, and swirls of blue serpents blood in his fur.
Serpentine Cave
1651, England

The serpent maiden stood up, taking in the dead snake near her, she marched into the moonlight, determined to keep the Basilisk tamer bloodline running.
A Daycare
2018, England

Saber jumped up, scaring the young Viscets in the room. "I'm related to her," he said, "Isn't that cool?"
Half the younglings agreed while one asked, "Wasn't she kinda scary tho?"
"Yes she was. But, she was very powerful!"
"Ok Saber." The daycare keeper came out "You can go home now, telling them scary stories before naptime." Saber took the wad of money and went home, recited the legend, that was his history all the way home. Saber is an orphan, but he believes that that is just because his mother and father were Basilisk tamers, and needed to to their jobs. He believes the legend with all his heart, and he knows that oneday, he'll be one too.

extra(s):
Wip. I love this Viscet!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Gadget/Tic Tac - he/they/she - adult

Just a little guy!! Very very into my OCs rn
Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenlittlesoldierboys » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:45 am

username: tenlittlesoldierboys
    name: [WIP]

what is their favorite legend?: "It lives in the woods." The people whisper.
    [WIP] with her favourite legend being about herself; people / other Viscets claiming she is a monster / some sort of beast, mostly because of her looks. But she's actually just a little freaky and likes that people are scared of her
    extra(s):

the sun to my moon ☀️🌕
they/them or he/him
teacher and writer from Austria
die-hard horror enthusiast
computer game obsessed
literature, film & tv-nerd
Viscets - toyhouse
tenlittlesoldierboys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:02 pm

Good luck!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:53 am

Side I was the only qualifying form did I win? Is this still being judged?

Edit: Oops, edited this on accident :)
Last edited by Gadgetrocks on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit
link My Toyhouse
My DeviantArt

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Gadgetrocks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby _Alex_ » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:46 pm

Gadgetrocks wrote:username: Gadgetrocks

A dark wood
1651, England

The dapper Viscet took his top hat off, rubbing his neck. He was worried and alone, in the dark woods, he needed to get back to his daughters. The pines looming around him seemed to be judging him, and his horse was breathing heavily in exhaustion. A faint rustle in the undergrowth caught him by surprise, and he sharply turned his head to see a beautiful Viscet maiden sitting there.
"Hello, lost traveler," The stranger said "Come stay with me in till morning." He was tired and it had just started to rain, so her followed her to a large looming cave, stalactites dripping from the ceiling like fangs. The stranger lead him in, and revealed a cozy home nestled into the cave.
"What realistic statues these are." He said, running his paw along the ruff of a lifelike stone Viscet in 1500's clothing.
"Yep," She replied, "I have a passion for carving." She smiled warmly, but something felt off, like a illusion. Her eyes seemed to flicker oddly in the candle light, her teeth seemed a little too sharp, and almost all the carving looked asleep or terrified. He started to run.
"Leaving so soon?" She reared up and threw the bronze teapot at him, and with a clank, all he saw was black.

He woke up in a different part of the cave, with no obvious way out and rubbed the back of his sore head. What he saw next terrified him. The maiden, her eyes snake-like slits, her teeth long and curving, and behind her, he could see the reflection of two large yellow eye, ringed in green. He looked down, covering his eyes with his arm, and started to reach around for something sharp. His paws rested on a stalagmite, which he quickly broke in half. The snake maiden laughed.
"You think you can bring me down with that?" She started to laugh crazily, and thats when he struck.
A small town
1651, England

The Viscet walked into town, his horse panting, but what really drew everyone's eyes, was the Viscet himself. A stalagmite gripped in his paw, and swirls of blue serpents blood in his fur.
Serpentine Cave
1651, England

The serpent maiden stood up, taking in the dead snake near her, she marched into the moonlight, determined to keep the Basilisk tamer bloodline running.
A Daycare
2018, England

Saber jumped up, scaring the young Viscets in the room. "I'm related to her," he said, "Isn't that cool?"
"Ok Saber." The daycare keeper came out "You can go home now, telling them scary stories before naptime." Saber took the wad of money and went home, recited the legend, that was his history all the way home. Saber is an orphan, but he believes that that is just because his mother and father were Basilisk tamers, and needed to to their jobs. He believes the legend with all his heart, and he knows that oneday, he'll be one too.

extra(s):
Wip. I love this Viscet!

Winner.
_Alex_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gadgetrocks » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:11 pm

_Alex_ wrote:
Gadgetrocks wrote:username: Gadgetrocks

A dark wood
1651, England

A small town
1651, England

Serpentine Cave
1651, England

A Daycare
2018, England

extra(s):
Wip. I love this Viscet!

Winner.

Thank you! I love him :)
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐

Not super active

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐