Re: ||Lunar New Year Event ๐ŸŒธ Prompts [OPEN]

Postby Dreamie » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:02 pm

prompt 02: the ox
    [ loyal, stubborn, leaders ]

[ morrison, lysander, and anonymous. ] believe this stranger & take up their offer despite your travel buddy's warnings?
Dreamie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rem sleep » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:21 pm

Day 2 - Roland and Chaos - Ox
      He knocked. Two resounding sounds cut through the door. The man beyond sat upright, saucer eyes glued to the door before him. He moved his slender legs and slunk towards the door. It opened with a hesitant creak, shadows cast aside to reveal the pale white face of Chaos. His had was tossed about haphazardly, his tank top sleeves sunk down on his shoulders. His cherry red eyes met with his guest.

"Hey, Roland." Chaos greeted lazily, his tone honey-like and dripping, fresh from sleep. "What's up?"

Roland sighed, "I've been... meaning to talk to you about something." His posture swayed. He had his hands ducked away into the pockets of his dark brown leather jacket and his balance swayed ever so slightly. He seemed to lack a center as he shifted on the balls of his feet.

"Yeah? Wanna come in?" Chaos moved out of the way and gestured Roland to enter into the dark of his room, but the other man kept his feet firmly planted in the doorway.

"I think here is fine," he said, "I need to talk to you about... something we've known about for a long time." He noticed Chaos shift as well, hiding a bit behind the curtain of his snowy hair. "I know it's... something no one wants to address, but I feel like it's important. We can't just dance around the subject forever. I feel... like we've come too close too many times."

Chaos chuckled, his tone taut. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Roland took ahold of Chao's left wrist and held it firmly, meeting his gaze with an unparalleled heat. "Yes, you do. Chaos, do you actually and really love me? Out of a joking context, have you been being serious this whole time?"

"Well..." He could swear Roland would hear his heart beating through the pulse in his veins, through the contact with his wrist all of his affections would be spilled out, displayed obviously in that throbbing beat. "Yeah." His voice came sheepishly and fell flat, dropping itself onto the floor as if the weight of the phrase couldn't sustain itself in the open air. "I know you're... not into guys though, and that's cool. I've just been kidding around when I said I thought... maybe you wouldn't mind trying." He found himself trying to break away from Roland's intense gaze, though the hot red of his eyes locked Chaos there, suspended in the moment so intense it was almost palpable. There was something there he couldn't identify or understand, something very real that destroyed the notion of 'just friends'. Roland's relaxed demeanor was absent now in the face of this new intensity, and Chaos was absorbed completely by this new burning red.

"I just... needed to know." Roland admitted, his tone faltering as well. "I don't know how to feel about any of this but... it's been keeping me up late." Chaos felt his heart sink, but his eyes still stayed glued to Roland's. A silence held that felt like an eternity, and after that fleeting second Roland said, "I think I might want to try some time... the two of us, I mean. Like a real date."

"You mean it...? This isn't some sort of prank?" Chaos eyed the other man up and down suspiciously, studying his face for any sort of hidden keenness, the traces of a smirk or anything that would betray his intentions, but there was still an intensity blazing in Roland's red eyes and Chaos thought that he might know now what it was. "You... honestly have interest in someone like me?"

"Chaos..." He sighed, using his hold on Chao's wrist to draw him into a hug, "You're my best friend. I want to try."

He felt his heart pounding through his chest, resounding into Roland's ribcage and echoing-- a song in an open orchestra hall. He slowly moved his trembling hands to embrace his best friend.

They'd both known it for a considerable time, but maybe it was more than just that all along.
โ™ฅ โ™ฅ โ™ฅ
rem sleep - they / them
nocturnal artist, socially awkward
โ™ฅ โ™ฅ โ™ฅ
โ™ฅ umas โ™ฅ storkies โ™ฅ
โ™ฅ closed species bank โ™ฅ
โ™ฅ โ™ฅ โ™ฅ

rem sleep

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby credit » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:23 pm

Dแด€ส 02: Tสœแด‡ Ox
" [ loyal, stubborn, leaders ] "

Tell about a time your kalon's loyalties were tested, and how they resolved the situation.

It had been another long and tiring day, Jason slowly entered his town home room, taking a sigh of relief as he thought he had successfully made it without being caught, but he couldn't have been more wrong.His eldest brother, Royce had been waiting within the darness of the room for his brother's return.
"Out late once again I see.. and let me guess, you were with that little boy friend of yours..weren't you."
Jason lowered his ears in defeat as his brother knew all to well. Royce walked over to his brother and gently smacked him behind his head.
"What have I told you about living out there in those lies? Your world is here, with us, continuing on with the family business."
Jason merely rolled his eyes and readjusted the bag placed upon his back.
"And I've told you countless times before, I want nothing to do with the family business. I've see what it's done to dad and quite frankly,I don't want that happening to me!" he shouted in response. Royce raised a single eyebrow as he looked down upon his brother's fingers. There was a rather loose ring dangling from his paw, but nothing had been said. Jason had, had this ring for the longest time but made it his duty to remove it once entering the home, yet this time he happened to forget.
"How long has this been going on Jason.. How Long?!" he yelled while forcefully grabbing hold of the paw where the ring settled.
Jason merely shook his head as he hated when he his brother raised his tone of voice, but he knew he had to answer him.
"A-A year now.." Royce merely threw down his brothers hand, and shook his own head in a displeased manner.
"I knew letting you go out without proper protection was a bad idea..not only are you placing danger in your new found "husband"
but you're also placing a bad name upon our clan! We are all strong,independent individuals that solely depend upon the companionship of our fellow members, and you know how we get with outsiders.."
Jason's ears remained lowered upon his head as he thought, being heavily conflicted with his thoughts. Royce stared his brother in the eye as Jason sat there, looking rather pathetic in this state.
"You should just ditch the boy and come back to your job..your duty as a member of this family..and if you won't do it for me,
then at least do it for dad.."
"I-I can't do that.." Jason muttered as he messed with his hands. "I'm not going to throw my new life away just so I can be sucked back into the life I purposely tried to escape from!" he said with a raise in his tone. "I've got a loving husband and the sweetest child to call my own..and I'm not just going to leave them."
"But what's more important here..your own blood, or some dumb care from the outsiders." said Royce, feeling rather confident in terms of his predictions towards what his brother would choose.
"Then I choose the care from my loving family on the outside...at least they treat me with respect rather than a mere pheasant..." Jason couldn't feel anything else from that point on. It seemed as is he wasn't in control of himself and his emotions had completely taken over. He legs began to move on their own towards the doorway and he exited in a huff, leaving Royce within the living room. All alone.
credit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SyntheticFox » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:52 pm

Prompt #2

Kalons: Jade, Angel, and Uzi

After a depressing Valentines day, Angel was alone and was not asked to the dance. That wasn't the only sad thing she faced. During 3rd period at school, she found out Uzi is sad. Its not your typical run of the mill sad, it was very extreme. "Please don't tell anyone Angel, especially Jade! If she finds out she will make a big deal out of it.. please?" Uzi begged as if he was asking for mercy. "Uzi, you know we have been close friends for a long time. You can trust that I won't tell anyone." Angel reassured him.

After that chat, she couldn't shake the feeling she should do something. Uzi could do something dangerous.. but he can't betray her friendship. It will only make everything worse. Later that same day, she got a text fron Uzi 'What would happen if I just vanished..?" Uzi texted. "We would miss you forever! Omg are you okay?" Angel said freaking out. "Yes." Uzi replies lieing. "We known eachother for a long time Uzi, stop lying. Please tell me" Angel texts. "Maybe its best if we werent? Im just a big annoying person in your life.. im sorry i made it more miserable..PLEASE FORGIVE ME.." Uzi apologetically texted. "Is that why your upset? Stop apologize.. theres nothing for you to be sorry about. I would never stop being your friend! Dont u trust me?" Angel says while trying to see what happend to Uzi. "Okay.. I'll tell you..
Im just soo annoying.. I complain about stupid small things. I even complained that my crush couldnt sit in next to me. HE WAD STILL SITTING RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!" Uzi sadly says. "Your not! Its okay Uzi! We all love you! Your family loves you! We care! It's okay Uzi... Uzi??" Angel typed while noticing Uzi never responded back to her text.

The following day, Uzi was seen alone out in the cafeteria. "You haven't replied to my text. Are u okay?"
Angel asked. Uzi says nothing while eating his food. Tears can be seen dropping from his face. Angel trys to hug him but Uzi jumps, scared and confused. Angel let go and went outside. "This is getting out of hand! I need to tell someone! I need to tell Jade! But if i tell her, Uzi will just feel more sad and he might... AAAAAAGGHHHH" Angel thought to herself. Her loyalty to Uzi was definitely challenged. Should she tell Jade and risk the possiblity of something bad or do nothing and have something bad happen. The answer was clear. Angel told Jade.

After Jade was told, she talked to Uzi and made him feel better. They had a long serious conversation and it somehow worked! Uzi felt happy and so joyful again! "Angel. I dont really like how you told her ... But without you and Jade.. I dont know how I wouldve felt better! Thank you!!!" Uzi said while pulling Angel and Jade into a warm embrace.
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ โ–ฐ
โ”xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ”“
Hello There !

I'm SyntheticFox ! (Or Fox)
Feel free to message me !

โ”—xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxโ”›
ใ€ŽKalonsใ€โœฎใ€ŽSentiใ€โœฎใ€ŽBigbyใ€
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
SyntheticFox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lysander » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:57 pm

โ€ƒ

โ–Œโ€ƒโ€ƒโ–ท DAY TWO โ€ƒ:โ€ƒ tv dinner
          โ–Œโ€ƒโ€ƒโ–ท Tell about a time your kalon's loyalties were tested, and how they resolved the situation.
          โ–Œโ€ƒโ€ƒโ–ท feat. cadenceโ€ƒ :โ€ƒ~750 / 150
      โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–

โ€ƒโ€ƒ
      sometimes you can't solve things cleanly in a half-hour like they do on network television. people, they want resolution. tie up all those loose ends before dinner or you'll have cold stares and silence inbetween bites of food. the utter unreality of it creates frictionโ€” noiseโ€” dissonance between you and the woman sitting in front of you.

your mother.
      in the background, some laugh-track blares on the television. no one's watching it; its only purpose is to provide some kind of ambiance to break the silence collecting on the dinner table. she invited you to dinner afterโ€” how many years apart? ten? twenty? you haven't kept track ever since you flew the nest at eighteen.

you can't imagine why she'd ever call you back. every nerve in your body fires off red flags with each passing second. this was the same woman who made your life a miserable wreck for years, and nowโ€” so many years later โ€”she chooses to call you over for dinner?

sometimes you wonder why you haven't moved out of state. maybe some part of you still loves her, still wants to love her. to trust her in the way mothers and sons were supposed to trust eachother. your therapist told you everyone's differentโ€” some people want to forgive. others want to forget. but youโ€” you're still somewhere inbetween.

she's the first to break the silence, talking over the faint sound of a commercial in the background. the dining room is cold, yet somehow hearing her voice chills it all the more, its rasp either from age or years of drug use.

โ€ƒโ€ƒ"still living in that apartment, i see."
      you feel yourself swallow dryly. you hate the sound of her voice. the fear it inspires in you, a grown man.
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"not much one for words as usual."
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"โ€”rent is cheap thereโ€”"
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"โ€”of course you wouldn't be able to afford much else, i assume."
      there it is. that familiar dread forming at the pit of your stomach. you put down your fork, unable to eat.
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"well, how is it?"
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"โ€”what?"
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"that menial job of yours. with, what? gardening, was it?"
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"i-i enjoy working thโ€”"
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"โ€”i wish i could say you're wasted potential. but you never had any."

you close your mouth, unable to find the words ripped out by the brutality of her reply. you should have expected this, whispers the little voice in your head. you should have expected this. you should have expected thโ€”

โ€ƒโ€ƒ"i need to ask you something," comes your mother's voice. your thoughts are interrupted.
      you do not inquire. you don't know if you want to know.
      she sips her wine, her food gone from her plate as your sirloin goes cold.
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"in a week, this estate goes up for sale. the mansion and all. it's your father's property and i can't say it'll be terribly missedโ€”"
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"โ€”wait, but why? why are you selling thโ€”"
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"โ€”why else does someone sell their home, cade?" there's venom in her reply. "โ€”it's because i need money. use that brain i gave you."
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"then, father's pensionsโ€”"
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"โ€”gone. just like the pathetic excuse of a man he was."
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"then where will the money go?"
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"debts."
      you fall silent. your mother rises from the dinner table, grabbing a pack of cigarettes from the counter and lighting one in her mouth.
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"...debts?" your voice is incredulous.
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"must i repeat myself?"
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ
      the pride in her voice. hurt pride, but pride nonetheless. your mother always rode the highs of your father's fortunes, even after she'd long since cut you off from it. from parties to clubs and back again, she never paid an ounce of anything to you, not in money or in attention. and now, she's asking you for a favor. she's asking you for...

โ€ƒโ€ƒ"...money."
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"hm?"
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"you want... money. that's it, isn't it?"
      โ€ƒโ€ƒ"well, don't you think you owe your ailing mother something for her troubles? it's your responsibility."

you should have expected this.

pushing away your untouched food, you stand. your mother's eyes are on you, perplexed. you don't know what's going on in her headโ€” never did, in truth. but a part of you imagines her surprise, her bewilderment, as you gently thank her for the food, then walk away without another word. she starts after you, calling your nameโ€” there's an unfamiliar desperation there. weakness. vulnerability. you imagine she hates it. but nothing keeps you from walking straight from the dining room, out to the grand foyer, and through the double doors.

โ€ƒโ€ƒ"cade! waitโ€”"

you pause for only a moment.

โ€ƒโ€ƒ"you're the one who gave me this brain, no? i think you can figure it out."

then, you step outside. the sound of the television no longer reaches you.

โ€ƒ
โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚

lysander โ€ƒ he/himโ€ƒ about
โ€ƒchronic hand pain haver
kalons โ€ƒ art โ€ƒ adopts โ€ƒ writing โ€ƒ toyhouse โ€ƒ
icon by my friend!
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚

โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
lysander

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ii.

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:02 pm

day 2 - the ox
      featuring: margaret erin & ruth sake
      (authors note: tfw u haven't actually tried to write a story in forever?)
      โ”€โ”€โ”€

february 15, 1993, 23:00.

holding a cigarette between two fingers, tired eyes flickering to idly watch ruth cleaning up & to the muted box tv playing ruth's collected art films, margaret sat on the windowsill of the old & sleepy flower shop. it was ruth's volunteer-place, the one she'd come to every day in the afternoon; with the flowers there that maggie knew ruth saw as similar to her, a friend. maggie took in a long drag, breathing out the smoke to watch it dissipate against the glass, unable to pass into the fresh small town night air. ruth had become used to the scent of tobacco & florals mixed together, & it had perhaps become a bit of a comfort to her, in a way. she tidily nested a bouquet of pink carnations back into it's shelf after a customer had left it in the fertilizer section a few hours back, & quickly flicked off any dirt or old-building dust that might had been on her sweater with a contented sigh of relief as she went to sit with her friend, never half bothered by the smoke that would drift in her direction from time to time & rest in her clothes. maggie simply greeted her with a more focused gaze. "hey, mags, thanks for waiting! today was really busy & i had to spend more time making sure everything was in place." ruth said, getting a quick breath of smoke in the face in reply. "you're a nerd for plants." maggie said. ruth responded with a quick laugh, "yeah, well, i'm such a nerd i was actually going to ask.. if you were interested in coming with me to this plant party that's going on tomorrow. i know that's maybe not your thing, but, i just thought i'd ask."
      "you asked me to walk all the way down here just so you could ask if i wanted to go to some dorky party? you could've just called me you know. 'course i'll go with you, if you're so excited about it." the brown haired kalon couldn't help but smile at how questionable but serene ruth was, never too rational but never too shameful about that either. there was something grounding & peaceful about ruth's love for plants too, & the pen flower doodles on mag's arms, though they tended to be covered up, did show maggie's appreciation for it. her big smoke-toothed grin showed the rest of her emotions as she watched her friend excitedly thank her again as she quickly jumped off the ledge & draped a dull quilt over the television while she turned it off & took her tape out, closed the silky white curtains & explained to her all the simple details of the party. "uh, &, you really don't have to come if you don't want-" "i'll be there, trust me." maggie said, smirking at ruth in a promising way as she left out the door, wind chimes sounding from the incoming storm outside, & mag quickly pulling over her winter coat & walking a bit faster to keep warm from the cold rain.

february 16, 1993, 13:00.

the sky was overcast & shady, dew rested in the grass & school fields that afternoon, & maggie in her soft black hoodie rested near the back of the coffee shop smoking a cheap cig - per usual as she did around this time. though, it was a bit more quiet. she flicked her ear to listen for any sound that might by near by, but, there was nothing familiar. for what seemed like a long time, mag mindlessly stared at the plant doodles & other assorted scribbles on her arm, as well as the reminders for the party ruth had invited her to, sleeves rolled up so she wouldn't forget. until an outburst of her name being yelled out was heard farther back, causing maggie to jump a little & her tired eyes widening a bit. she broke out of her bored stare & looked behind the pavement wall with relief to see some gangmates. "what the hell is going on?" maggie said with a sort of half laugh. whenever the gang was late to meeting somewhere, it probably meant they were doing something & having a pretty good time. "we're doing some graffiti right now, come on!" one of her delinquent buddies said, tossing a blue spray can to her. maggie caught it in her hands & felt a sudden wave of nostalgia. damn, they hadn't done this for a long time. i mean, the last time they did it a few years ago they almost got caught & in big trouble, but even so; sure was fun. hell, she's even been drawing some old tags on her arms because she's been thinking about this lately- "uh, i'm sorry," suddenly, maggie's sentimental excitement levels had become lower, realizing something important as she stared at the important thing marked in pen on her arms. "i can't today. i gotta be somewhere." "oh, whats up? you make the best graffiti in town, mag, we're gonna miss you!" her gang members seemed visibly upset, & maggie couldn't help but feel a bit guilty for not going along with them. as much as she wanted to be loyal to her gang & have some good old fun (& god, that nostalgic entertainment sure was tempting.), she also wanted to be loyal to her peaceful plant loving friend, ruth. "i'm going to a party real soon." "can't you just go to a party another time? you're always so stuck on your plans, let's just hang out for once-" "nah they've got like.. cool drinks & stuff. i don't get this opportunity often, i gotta be there. sorry, we'll mess stuff up another time." i mean, that was sort of a lie, the 'cool drinks' part, but how else could she explain she would rather be at some 'plant party' rather instead of hanging out with her gang? with that, she flicked the butt of her cigarette on the overgrown grass sidewalk & got up to go to ruth's invitation which she promised to be at. despite the disappointed stares she felt on her back & the urge to hang out with them too, mag was loyal as hell, & wouldn't let down ruth.

Postby ArtGirl » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:02 pm

Kimi

Cries and gun shots rang out through the shattered streets. Many prayed for mercy but nothing came to free them. Below the cries and the marching and the streets layed a kalon as grey inside as the walls suroundings her. Her tattered body could barley be seen in the cell she now belonged to. The little light she knew now was locked away deep inside her in the darkness she new so well
Footsteps in the distance tickled her ears but the kalon she once was was long gone as she stared into her pitiful existence.
With a loud grown the large wooden door shed the first light in weeks on her cold fur. In the lights of the hall lamps there was the silhouette of a taller fellow who wandered over and kneeled at her side.
"Kimi? What did they do to you...." The young gentleman whispered in a smooth tone.
Kimi just laid on the stone bench she had grown to know. She wanted to respond but the words just didn't come.
The handsome kalon just looked at her for what felt like forever with a tear in his eye.
"....I... I'm ..so sorry."

Kimi lifted her head and sighed.
"They say I'm a traitor. Maybe I am. All I know is that I did what I had to do."
The kal lowered his head in shame, his crown slipping down his forehead.

Kimi continued near to tears, "When I found out that.... That you were the reason. The cause of such discusting acts of selfishness.... I couldn't just sit aside and let the entire kingdom suffer. I guess it's too late for that huh...."

"But I can fix it!" He cried. "I can change! You of anyone should know that! Ever since we were kits you said it's never too late to make things new again!"

Kimi turned to the sobbing soul with her own tears glittering in the light.
"I stopped being a kit the day you sent me down here to die."
The young chap opened his mouth but the words never came.
Kimi sniffled and reached out to lift his chin, looking him in the eyes.
"I may not understand why you doomed me after everything I've done for you.... For the whole kingdom... The whole city may be in near ruins and the royals trust shattered, but I'll gladly be the villan if it means you become the hero. Just please full fill what has become my dieing wish. Don't let my sacrifice be in vain..... I love you."
Last edited by ArtGirl on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~โ€~Hey guys! Check out the awesome links below.~โ€~

Hi, I'm ArtGirl! I love art, adoptables, green, winter and spagetti but over all I LLOOVVEE chickens!!! Though I don't make art on oekaki anymore I still offer digital art and love to make art trades! Feel free to pm me!

"In one day it won't matter how many friends you have. Any battles you've fought just to fail or events in your life that no one believes. The possessions you've acquired will be meaningless. Our opinions of life, culture, race, meaning will matter as much as the dirt on your feet. That day only one thing will matter, Jesus." .......................................................................................
2 Timothy 2:10............................................................................................................................
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ArtGirl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MotherMother » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:09 pm

Day 2 art:
Pike's growling stomach persuades him to break the most sacred rule of the gang, to never steal

------

a
r
t

b
y

K
u
r
a
i.
Image Image
MotherMother

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skywishes01 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:50 pm

ii. Tell about a time your kalon's loyalties were tested, and how they resolved the situation.
[ ft. astrid ]

No. Time slowed down as the child's body stilled in front of her. No, no, no. The mehr was shaking her head; the look on her face sent a knife through Astrid's heart. No, no, no, no - "No!"

She shook the boy, hard. She knew it was futile. But she didn't care. Little drops of crystals were shattering around her; tears, she realised- she was crying. She couldn't feel it, though. She couldn't feel anything. He wasn't smiling. He wasn't laughing, and running, and dancing his way around her heart. He was a statue, a stone. So cold. So cold.

"Astrid." The priestess' voice reached her through a thick fog of grief. "He is with the gods now."

"He didn't deserve this." Her voice was strangely quiet, strangely calm, yet it was painful in her ears. "He wasn't supposed to die."

"It was his time." came the reply, equally as soft.

Hot rage erupted in her heart. "No, it wasn't." Her tone was bitter. "He had an entire life ahead of him. He had so many things to do. Why would they take him, mehr? Are the gods really that cruel?"

The mehr's eyes glittered, but all she said was, "Please, mehril. You will understand. Leave the child, now; let him move on."

As quickly as the anger had come, it was gone, leaving emptiness and exhaustion in its wake. With a whispered goodbye to the boy of sunshine, the apprentice stood up and walked away. Her heart was heavy and numb.

---

The stars were bright and many, and the sky was clear; it was her favorite time of night. Yet she felt no joy. She stared into the distance, seeing nothing, feeling less.

The gods were good, and kind, and wise; they had given her peace, and a purpose in life. They were watching over her. They knew what was best. She'd believed them, with all her heart. But her faith was shaken. The temple had given her clarity; but now her glass was clouded again, and try as she might, she could not find the truth. Pain was all she saw.

She wanted to believe in her gods again, to be strong in her loyalties, yet- they had done nothing to save the boy, the boy who'd lost so much. His family abandoned him, as a baby; and now his light was gone as well. She was lost, she was torn, her mind still a whirlwind of confusion when-

A slight chill brushed the base of her neck. Someone was behind her.

She turned away from the window. Slowly. Standing beside her small bed, glowing with a faint aura and smiling, smiling again, was the boy. Shock froze her body; he waved at her, but she could not move. He looked the same, small and skinny, and yet- happier, somehow. And that was when she noticed the woman standing beside him.

Mother?

The woman smiled as well - a crooked, half-smile, Astrid's smile - as she took the boy by the hand. And then, in a blink, they were gone.

She felt the tears this time. They splashed down her cheeks, but she made no move to stop them. Her vision was blurred. She had never seen so clearly. The boy was okay; she knew that her mother would take care of him. She would be his mother, too, the mother he'd never had. The love he'd always deserved.

The gods were good, indeed.

She would never doubt them again.
xxx

x
โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ•โ•โ•โ•ส• โ’ แดฅ โ’ ส”โ•โ•โ•
โžธ call me sky !!
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
infp โ€ข gemini โ€ข
hufflepuff โ€ข nerd
โ™ฅ โ™ฅ โ™ฅโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
my kals / art cred
art shop !!
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚
โ”‚

โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
skywishes01

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

day ii

Postby heartleafed » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:42 pm

ยปmaรซl ย  ยปto er is to quest ย  โ”€ ย  DAY 2; THE OX

ยป ย  ONE WEEK EARLIER โ”€ ย  It had finally came time for the council to assign his Great Task, Maรซl was practically vibrating with a mixture of elation, trepidation, and uneasiness. This would be the thing that decided if he would continue his family's traditional knighthood, which extended back farther than Maรซl could ever fathom. That was until he was called forth to hear his impossible quest, at which point his heart fell, to the ground, shattering on impact. "Your Great Task, young Monseuir de Roquelaure, is to slay Le Grand Chevalier Jaune." The sentence had been echoing through his head since, rattling him every time it sunk in more. To even face a Grand Knight was in itself a task Maรซl wasn't sure he could accomplish, but to slay The Yellow Knight, they had given him an impossible task.

ย  Two days into the journey, two days into Maรซl overthinking and rethinking every decision in his life that lead up to this, he stumbled upon a show of sport. Jousting, sword fighting, hunting competitions, merchants and artisans and common folk of all sorts were assembled in one joyous raucous. If ever there would be a place to clear his head, it would be here.

ย  Several competitions and nearly as many prize caches later Maรซl was praying that there was anything that could lessen the guilt that had been compounding on him since the fair Sunday morning that seemingly had begun his path to ruin. He slunk into the stands, attempting to hide any further evidence of his identity and hoping he could melt into the crows and never have to return. But of course that could never happen. A man, one who Maรซ could clearly read of being of a noble lineage spoke to him. "You have accomplished much today young knight." His tone matched his expression, friendly, encouraging, too kind. He was tall, almost imposing if not for his inviting face, and he had a yellow sash tied under his pauldron which carried his insignia, one Maรซl had never seen before.

"Thank you, but not quite, sir, I haven't earned that honor yet." He responded, honest but slightly exasperated.
      "Soon then? A man who fights like that can't be far."

"I'm on my way to complete my task now, actually," Maรซl tried not to sound embarrassed, or unwilling, it didn't work.
      "Something is amiss?" He sounded too understanding.

"I'm afraid that what they asked of me I cannot do."
      "What did they ask of you?"
      "I am to slay the Yellow Knight."
      "To slay a Grand Knight is virtually impossible. You fear you cannot best him?"
      "I fear that, even if I could, I could not justify taking the life of a man who was not wronged me."

"I think that is a noble reason to hesitate, too many men would not stop to contemplate the morality of it."
      "Sadly I do not think I am being judged by my ability to contemplate anything."
      "Hm, so then you plan on completing the task?"
      "I see no way out of it."
      "I can think of a few, though, it would seem you may be opposed to becoming a baker."
      "Hah, if only."
      "Honestly, young knight, can you tell me right now that you could live the rest of your life having made that decision, to go against your heart."

"Then I supposed my mind is made on the matter."
      "Is it?"
      "I will have to do what it best."

Maรซl stood to leave, finally sure of himself for the first time in days. "Oh, young Turenne," the man called, "thank you for allowing me to keep my head."

ยป ย  NOW โ”€ ย  "What have you returned so early to tell us, young Turenne?" The voice echoes, ringing through Maรซl's core with every word. He stands a little taller, looks back and forth between them as he shifts a little nervously, and finally steels himself to answers. "I've made a decision," he begins, slowly growing more confident, "My whole life I've wanted nothing more than to be a knight, to serve my family and the families around me. This thing you asked of me though, is not just, and I could never forgive myself if I followed through. So, no. I will not do it. Furthermore I cannot justify doing anything like this ever. If doing what is right means I cannot become a knight, then I will never be a knight. But I will not betray my heart to hold to the loyalty of men who ask me to be so senseless."

ย  A silence follows. Then murmuring among the counsel. Then shuffling. Maรซl can feel his mood drop once more, and pressure welling in his eyes and tries to push down the tears. Finally, after what seemed years, a response. "Then our choice is made, young Turenne. For this decision, we find you are finally worthy of the title of knight."
heartleafed

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me