ϟ galvani new years event ϟ winners posted! by kivr & fireflii

Based on Click to view
Artist kivr & fireflii [gallery]
Time spent 3 hours, 34 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
96 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

ϟ galvani new years event ϟ winners posted!

Postby kivr & fireflii » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:18 pm

g a l v a n i xxxx ϟ xxxx n e w y e a r s xxxx ϟ xxxx e v e n t

main thread
DISCORD CHANNEL

NEW YEARS EVENT?!
Happy New Years!
For the new year, we will be hosting an event in the hopes of motivating people to be thankful and appreciative of those that have helped, inspired, or provided support in some way. Maybe you want to thank a friend for supporting you during your hardships. Maybe you want to thank an acquaintance for helping someone close to you when you weren't able to. Or maybe you even want to thank a stranger for being a friendly part of the community! Any reason, big or small, is a good reason to be thankful. So, we'll be accomplishing this through gifting! Essentially, instead of applying for a Galvani for yourself, you'll be nominating someone else for the chance to obtain a Galvani! All you will have to do is post who you are nominating and why. The winners will be chosen via random number generator. For the event, there will be 8 Galvanis released, all of which will have some sort of theme related to the new year. 5 of these Galvanis will be for non-owners only. So if the person you nominate hasn't had a chance to get one yet, this may be their chance! All 8 Galvanis will be covered until a specified release date/time after which they'll all be shown at once. This will give everyone a chance to look at the designs before deciding on which one(s) to nominate someone on. In order to make this as fair as possible, there are some limitations, however...

RULES
ϟ A person that is nominated can only be nominated once per Galvani. For example, Person A nominates Person B for galvani #A. Person C cannot nominate Person B for Galvani #A since Person A already nominated them.

ϟ A person that is nominated can be nominated in up to FIVE different event galvanis. For example, Person A nominates Person B for Galvani #A. Person C can also nominate Person B, but it must be for a different Galvani (ex. Galvani #B). Person D can also nominate Person B for Galvani #C. If Person B is nominated for five different galvanis, they cannot be nominated for a sixth one (if they are, the last nomination will not be put in the drawing).

ϟ A person that is nominated can only win ONE Galvani in the event. For example, Person B is nominated for five different Galvanis (#A, #B, #C, #D, and #E). By random number generator, they win Galvani #C. Because they have won a Galvani from the event, their name will get removed from galvanis #A, #B, #D, and #E.

ϟ If someone who is nominated for a non-owner Galvani and that person ends up obtaining a Galvani via regular adoption (ie. non-event), their name will be removed from the draw. This is to ensure that these Galvanis end up with a non-owner.

ϟ There is no limit to how many people one person can nominate per galvani. For example, Person A can nominate Person B, Person C, and Person D for galvani #A.

HAVE FUN!
The limitations are there to ensure one person does not end up hoarding several Galvanis (which is ultimately okay, but since this species is new, we want to try to give non-owners a chance!). We also understand some people may not feel like anyone is thankful for them. If that's the case, you are free to post in the "looking for" channel in the Galvani discord or in the Galvani new years event thread to find someone that wants to nominate you! Above all, we aim for this event to inspire thankfulness and cheer and for this community to be open, friendly, and fair. If anyone has any questions or help regarding the event, please contact winter & fireflii, and we will do our best to address any concerns!
Last edited by kivr & fireflii on Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:03 am, edited 11 times in total.
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ϟ galvani new years event ϟ

Postby kivr & fireflii » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:14 pm

ϟ F A Q ϟ

ϟ I already have a galvani. Can I nominate someone for the non-owners only galvani?
Yes! What matters is whether the nominated user has a galvani or not. If they already own a galvani, maybe you can nominate them for an event galvani that has no limitations.

ϟ How long will the event last?
The event itself will last a week after the reveal, enough time for you to nominate anyone you'd like to thank!

ϟ How do I nominate someone?
The form for nominating someone will be under the thread for each individual event galvani. Be sure to post that form only on the galvani(s) you want to nominate your person on.

ϟ What if I see someone that has been nominated twice+ for the same galvani?
Don't worry. That person will only be counted once when the random number generator is set up. They will not have an advantage for being nominated more than once.

ϟ What if I see an individual person that has been nominated on more than five galvanis?
Don't worry. When the random number generator is being set up, staff will go through and check to make sure each person is only counted once per galvani and that no single person has been entered in mor than five galvanis.

ϟ Does each nomination have to be by a different person?
No. One single person can nominate another for five different galvanis. It does not have to be by five different people (but it can be, as long as the person being nominated has only been nominated once for one galvani).

ϟ What if I nominate someone who is a non-owner, but then they win a regular galvani?
That person will no longer be considered a non-owner, and they will be excluded from any non-owner galvanis they were nominated on.

ϟ What if the staff mess up and count someone twice for one galvani, or enter someone in more than give galvnis?
We will be taking note of everyone who is nominated on a google sheet. A screenshot of the results of the random number generator will also be posted. Both of these will be shared so everyone can double check to ensure the winners were drawn fairly.

ϟ I don't think anyone will nomiate me. How can I enter for a galavni?
We have already had some concerns about some people worrying no one will nominate them. While we would very much like people to nominate people they are thankful of, we do realize many will prefer or tend to nominate their friends. As such, we will allow and encourage anyone who wants to be nominated (but fears no one will) to post on the new years event thread here or in the channel "looking for-" on our discord server here. Many people have already shown willingness to nominate people that worry no one will nominate them. You are also free to "swap" nominations; that is, you nominate one person, and they will nominate you. All you have to do is be brave and ask! :) If you don't want to publicly post, you can also send winter & fireflii a PM on CS, or DM one of us on discord, and we can gather a few people that will be willing to nominate you.

ϟ Can you give an example of what is okay and not okay?
The following example is okay:

You nominate Person A on janus, solar, lunar, golden dog, and transition.
You can also nominate Person B on janus, sparky, lunar, confetti, and midnight wishes.
You can then nominate Person C on midnight wishes, transition, and sparky.

BUT. Let's pretend Person B was already nominated by someone else for lunar and midnight wishes. That means you can't nominate them again for those two galvanis, but you can still nominate them for janus, sparky, and confetti (as long as no one else has).

So basically:
- Person A can only be nomianted once per galvani.
- Person A can be nominated 5 times TOTAL for 5 DIFFERENT galvanis.
- You can nominate as many people as you want, as long as they follow the two rules above (if you mess up, don't worry, the extra nominations just won't be counted).

So, if you want to nominate Person D for lunar, but you already see their name, you cannot nominate them for lunar. You can still nominate them for another galvani (such as solar). If you want to nominate Person E for transition, but when you search the event galvanis, you find they have already been nominated for sparky, goldendog, confetti, janus, and midnight wishes. Since they have been nominated for 5 different galvanis, you cannot nominate them for transition.

ϟ I'm still confused about the rules of nominating someone. Is there a simpler way you can put it?
Yes. Just follow these steps:

1. Has this person been nominated for this galvani?
If yes -> You cannot nominate them again. Find a different galvani and ask this question again.
If no -> Go to #2.

2. Has this person been nominated already on five separate event galvanis?
If yes -> You cannot nominate them again. Try thinking of someone else to nominate and start at #1 again.
If no -> Go to #3.

3. Is this galvani for non-owners?
If yes -> Go to #4.
If no -> You can nominate them!

4. Does this person currently own a galvani?
If yes -> You cannot nominate them. Find a galvani that is for everyone or try thinking of someone else to nominate and start at #1 again.
If no -> You can nominate them!

ϟ I'm still confused about how to apply, how the winners are chosen, etc.
If you have any questions or need clarification about how the event is run, please contact a moderator or winter & fireflii!
Last edited by kivr & fireflii on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:37 pm, edited 12 times in total.
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

xxxx ϟ xxxx

reserved
Last edited by kivr & fireflii on Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

reserved
kivr & fireflii